• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Huh, good to know. Is there any indication of when it might be worth looking into upgrading? I know 7nm chips are apparently on the horizon. I'm considering moving all my third party game purchases to pc next gen and am wanting to make sure I'm good for a while once the overall floor is raised.

Intel won't have 7nm chips until 2021 according to rumors (although Intel has indirectly denied it). Ryzen is on 7nm chiplets already though.

Volcynika

Oct 26, 2017
Seem like I may pick up MCC, just waiting to see if any launch time patches are put out for any issues. The performance thread looked mostly fine to me.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Intel won't have 7nm chips until 2021 according to rumors (although Intel has indirectly denied it). Ryzen is on 7nm chiplets already though.

Ah, I see. I guess I'll just wait and see what next year brings. And I'll look into AMD's offerings. My understanding is they were behind Intel but have made some advancements lately.

Thanks for the info.

All of it? All the reach previews I seen looked great.
So far Reach is all that's available. The other titles are coming gradually next year.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Firewatch was so good! I should get back to that and play it with dev commentary some day.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
how? it seemed to run fine the few minutes i tried it out

Problems I've seen are low quality audio and subtitles being absent during gameplay. The former became noticeable once I got into gun fights.

While it's not a total shit show, I'd prefer to wait until they fix at least the audio.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Ah, I see. I guess I'll just wait and see what next year brings. And I'll look into AMD's offerings. My understanding is they were behind Intel but have made some advancements lately.

Thanks for the info.

So far Reach is all that's available. The other titles are coming gradually next year.

They're ahead of Intel across the board. Only thing Intel wins in is select gaming benchmarks on the high end and after the 3950X released they're barely hanging on there.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
So my brother bought Reach (by itself) and said it installed the MCC launcher. I haven't talked to him since he informed me of this 'hack' as he called it but should I assume that works?

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Wow, I completely forgot that Phoenix Point is included in Gamepass. Pretty good that I saved up to other coupons for 1 month each. That will be a highly enjoyable December vacation then.

Probably, though it is seeming like the game isn't coming out fully baked. Some features that were supposed to be in the base game, like leviathans or NPC defenders and emplacements in haven defense missions are absent from the sound of things. It's sounding like it could use a couple patches.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So my brother bought Reach (by itself) and said it installed the MCC launcher. I haven't talked to him since he informed me of this 'hack' as he called it but should I assume that works?

Yeah, they've said from the start that you can buy it piecemeal. I think it also says as much on the store page.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Issues I've had with Halo (GP version) in a short amount of time:

Low quality audio. Some voices feel overtuned and are distorted due to this. Can barely understand what the leader character is saying half the time.
No subtitles
Random achievement popping. Got 2 I didn't do within like 10 minutes of play
Wouldn't start from the game pass app, has to be started from start menu.
Got randomly hit very hard by....something? Nearly killed me, this was during a story moment with no enemies around.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad Gamepass backbone is still the window store , it dosent seem to work for me very well .

empo

Jan 27, 2018
More on Campo Santo that sold the acquisition as "we'll continue making our game just at Valve!"
It's almost as if people called it back then

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
man if the steam version of reach doesn't have audio problems i'll prob switch over

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Hmmmm a JRPG in spring.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Valley of the gods, you were too good for this cruel world.
I mean I assume it was good , none of us actually played it so no way to make a really informed guess .

Status
Not open for further replies.