• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Red Dead Redemption 2 is now available for pre-purchase.

store.steampowered.com

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam

Winner of over 175 Game of the Year Awards and recipient of over 250 perfect scores, RDR2 is the epic tale of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the infamous Van der Linde gang, on the run across America at the dawn of the modern age. Also includes access to the shared living world of Red Dead Online.

The regional pricing is okay I guess. I've seen worse lol

2 gifts from Rika

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Rika Rika!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Rika said:
I own these games already, and figured I'mma give back to people! :) I got these in Humble Bundle bundles or monthly things.

Happy Holidays from Rika!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Paratopic - Won by EeK9X EeK9X (16 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - Won by Equirah Equirah (26 entries)

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019

store.steampowered.com

Winner of over 175 Game of the Year Awards and recipient of over 250 perfect scores, RDR2 is the epic tale of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the infamous Van der Linde gang, on the run across America at the dawn of the modern age. Also includes access to the shared living world of Red Dead Online.

The same price as RGL.

So how is RDR2 PC these days? Still a lot of crash? 60fps still make you hungry two times faster? Still need to update BIOS just to launch the game?

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

store.steampowered.com

So I assume this won't get a discount during holiday sale as this would be against Valves rules?

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

store.steampowered.com

I will wait for the 20/25% off on the Winter Seal, isn't that the discount for this game last week?

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Hope the HZD pans out for those looking to nab it on PC.

It's so funny, when I see Horizon I think it looks just like AC, which looks just like Spiderman, which looks just like Uncharted, which looks just like Days Gone, etc.

Then my eyes just kinda glaze over, lol.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's so funny, when I see Horizon I think it looks just like AC, which looks just like Spiderman, which looks just like Uncharted, which looks just like Days Gone, etc.

Because they're 3rd person games? Because outside of that none of those plays anything like the other. Maybe a case could be made for Uncharted and Days Gone (haven't played DG), but that seems like a pretty narrow view on those games.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised about RDR2's regional price, same as the EGS and the Rockstar launcher, it would have been weird if it was cheaper in Steam, though I really wanted them to make a mistake and have good regional prices lol.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

that is a take alright...wow.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Because they're 3rd person games? Because outside of that none of those plays anything like the other. Maybe a case could be made for Uncharted and Days Gone (haven't played DG), but that seems like a pretty narrow view on those games.

Oh yeah, it's reductive af, I'm aware.

I also totally respect the TLC that went into making these titles and understand that they're deservedly loved by millions.

I just have zero interest in the the AAA 3rd person sandbox power-fantasy genre so they all just tend to look the same to me.

No shade or anything, I understand that not every game has to be for everyone.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
They missed a zero(s) at end of RDR 2 price in Colombia (Special edition). Might wanna hurry if you live there.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Horizon doesn't really play like any of those though. Also has a pretty unique visual identity I think.

I doubt it'll come to PC, but I hope it does.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I get what he's saying, I would put a lot of the Ubisoft games and a lot of AAA games in general in that "minimap simulator" feel where you're basically just checking boxes.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Except neither Horizon nor Spider-Man and much less Uncharted (lol?) are anything like that.

Uncharted is nothing like that yeah, I would say Spider-Man and Horizon are both "well done" examples of that genre, because both have aspects that help them overcome that limitation. Horizon being a really beautiful game with an awesome art style and Spider-Man having great story/characters and an awesome traversal system.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

store.steampowered.com

Wow, a whole 5% lower than the US price, how generous of you, Rockstar

Amir

Jun 7, 2018

store.steampowered.com

Special edition 14$ in colombia :)

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Days Gone plays nothing like Uncharted. It's closer to TLoU but even then ton of differences.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
For real. I might get on gamepass eventually just because of that.
What happened to me was that I was hearing a lot of praise for Nier: Automata, but honestly wasn't that interested in it, yet there's no freaking demo on PC but on console they have a demo for it, I finally caved in and bought the game, and I played for an hour and lost interest completely, not to mention that the PC port is ass -_-

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you guys are right. Uncharted isn't like the other titles I mentioned.

Just weird how the IP legit blends together with them in my head.

Sorry, didn't mean to go all Controversial Opinion Thread there. Just more of a silly random thought that occurred to me.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
well it was built for a 14 year old rig after all.
HovEjhW.gif

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Sony putting out their big successful first party IP on other platforms doesn't seem to make sense to me. The whole idea (I thought) is that they're essentially loss leaders to get people to buy a Playstation, and then continue buying stuff for their Playstation, not just to sell copies.

When QD games/Flower/Helldivers/ect went on PC, I read that as them either cutting ties or throwing less successful games a bone.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): Giftbot abuse, spamming to get around the "no lurkers" rule for community threads
Ohhh baby!
*Edit ah crap. How many posts is it? Huge Halo fan and just got a new GFX card

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed by the change from Classic to Humble Choice :(
I'm skeptical of the changes, but I'm probably still gonna keep my subscription. If nothing else, it'll still keep giving me more keys to hoard and give out as birthday / holiday gifts to friends.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hey apparently Dragon Quest Builders 2 will have a demo on PC!
store.steampowered.com

Save 40% on DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ 2 on Steam

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ 2 is a block-building RPG set in a fantasy land threatened by an evil cult. Explore, battle, build and harvest in the charming single-player campaign or build big projects in the online sandbox mode for up to 4-players.

This game is legitimately really good. I don't even like Minecraft and its copycats, let alone that voxel based style. Very good game to just kinda zone out to and relax.

Had a blast until I quit because the performance got godawful on Switch. Regularly dropped into what felt like the low 20s once you built up your town. Like what's the point of the game if my experience is just gonna get worse, the more I play.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
HZD for PC seems possible, but not sure I buy this rumor specifically. Death Stranding was kind of a 'no duh' prediction given that they initially even announced it for PC and then later just talked around it for obvious Sony PR reasons.

I feel an actually good rumor is: someone specifically told me X is happening. This seems more like pure speculation just based on the engine working on PC now.

I think there's definitely somewhat of a design throughline in most the Sony exclusives, but part of that is probably just that it's all big-budget AAA stuff that tends to play it kinda safe.

colute

Nov 11, 2019
I'm skeptical of the changes, but I'm probably still gonna keep my subscription. If nothing else, it'll still keep giving me more keys to hoard and give out as birthday / holiday gifts to friends.
It will be easier to decide if you want to pause a month , with all games revealed from start .

Status
Not open for further replies.