• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
It is so weird, I loved RDR, but I am really not feeling buying RDR2 atm. I think I am going to wait and see how its treated on Steam especially as the PC launch was a bit all over the place.
Not sure where all my hype for it has gone

Yea, I got 100% in RDR on 360, but fizzled out in Act 5 or so of RDR2 on PS4. I was kind of struggling long before finally walking away though, everything kind of felt worse about it aside from visuals and cinematic aspects of production.

I really disliked the shooting and the new health/item system. I found I was rarely coming across quirky random stuff in the world. Like I had so many strings of the same world events back-to-back and rarely any variety. RDR1 pulled me in a bit more there as it felt like I was coming across more interesting stuff. Also, the quests in RDR2 just weren't as interesting. The world exploration felt lacking despite making for pretty screenshots. I took my sweet time looking around randomly here and there and felt rarely rewarded, even by some environmental lore or discovery.

I actually wasn't bothered by the methodical sluggishness of movement and rifling through junk as most of the internet, kind of appreciated it not taking 'gamey' shortcuts there. But the other parts of the game design and progression bothered me.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I really think that the free games on EGS are mostly, apart from some outliers like Subnautica and Celeste are old Humble Bundle games...
To be fair, Humble games aren't free. Some on EGS have been free with Twitch Prime before, including next weeks game The Escapists. Although again, Amazon Prime isn't free either however it may be a free bonus for a sub you'd be buying anyway.

3 gifts from Rika

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from Rika Rika!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Rika said:
Giveaway codes for...
Battlefield 3 Origin Key
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
Populous Origin Key

Happy Holidays from Rika

These are our awesome prizes:

• Origin Origin: Battlefield 3 - Won by one of us one of us (13 entries)
  • Origin Origin: Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key - Won by Mozar Mozar (14 entries)
  • Origin Origin: Populous - Won by Deleted member 44371 (6 entries)

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
So Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory just got released on EGS and absolutely no one noticed it, there are not even any reviews for it isn't EGS exclusivity great?

Seems to be common issue with Epic Games.
Surely won't be better once weekly free games end and people have even less reasons to visit store.
And when they can't even wishlist to be reminded about games when released, it's easy to forgot about games.

Kost2coast

Oct 27, 2017
Oh these look good. Boy have I been out of the loop of for PC gaming haha.

I mean, as a partial swede, Ikea feels good.
Ikea is definitely a breathe of fresh air in terms of places to work for. It has been a relaxing place to work for after my primary desk job. I agree on the feel good part on so many levels.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Default firmware supports only OpenVPN server, not client afaik. You need a custom WRT if you want a client. Check under your router settings page and under advanced options for VPN options.

Thanks.

Will installing
DD-WRT for R6700

allow me to use different VPNs through the router? I'm also reading some people turn their R6700 to an r7000 somehow. Does custom firmware effect performance much?

Oct 30, 2017
No matter what I do its not working. Steam cant recognize the files.
Do you have the right directory name?

One thing I remember is useful is to start the download, look at the directory structure, that will show you the proper directory name and if the structure inside is different. Then uninstall it. Close Steam. Create the directory and then copy the files into it. Start Steam and select install.

You might also need an appmanifest file, which goes in the SteamApps folder. Maybe someone with the game can give you their one: it's just a text file afaik, so they can open it in notepad and copy the text, then you can make a text file and rename it. It would also need to be for the same version you have, I think.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Steam Beta update now adding shelves for Family Sharing. The image cache bug on the library (that led to Dirt having Nekopara banners) also was fixed.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to set the download speed for the Windows store? Googling tells me to limit the bandwidth in Delivery optimization, but that does nothing for the Windows store downloads on my end. I'm only at a 10 mbit (at best) connection and I'd like to be able to use the internet for other stuff while downloading.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
r7xmo077ds241.png

Some decent frame spikes

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Red Dead 2 in a little over 100 hours back when it released on console. I'm going to have to wait a while before I'm willing to play through all of it again. That and I'd want it to run at 4K and a consistent high refresh rate since I played it on the X. I don't think my 1080ti will do even with console settings.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Going through my backlog and just finished Alan Wake/ American nightmare. I often see them praised but I had to force myself to finish both. I was pleasantly surprised by AN and how much more fun it was to play but repeating all three areas three times just felt like a slog and thats kinda impressive as the game was just over two hours long.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Maybe I'm totally imagining it but it really felt like the RDR2 hype died down pretty quickly after its release a month ago.

I feel thats somehow normal for this generation.

Pre-Hype is huge for a lot of games, people asked for it and after it is released, most people dont talk much about it anymore.

Also if you want to read a well written Grayson article:

Status
Not open for further replies.