• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruttyboy

Oct 29, 2017
I was considering Humble Choice for Tomb Raider as it was the Definitive Edition, but then I saw:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will only include the base game. Does not include the Definitive Upgrade or other DLCs.

How is that not false advertising?!

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I don't see anything on humble that calls it the definitive edition.
It's a little confusing: in some places it's simply referred to as SotTR, in other places it's listed as the Definitive Edition:

FoBP7yy.png

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
'[Definitive Edition] does not include Definitive Upgrade' huh?

I think I know what they mean but it's still funny to read.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Anyway I managed to open all the 4 tombs in Anthem. I wonder how much I still have to beat the game.

ruttyboy

Oct 29, 2017
ah I didn't read the email. Yeah that's not a good look.
Don't get me wrong, I can't get mad at Humble, just a real bad start to their new enterprise.

I have found that the actual definitive Definitive edition is £17.99 on Fanatical at the moment, which isn't much more than the sub and it's the only game I'd be interested in from the choice, so...

ejo

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii
saw that Nier Automata is on sale today on steam. if i recall, the port had a bunch of issues. has it been fixed?

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
saw that Nier Automata is on sale today on steam. if i recall, the port had a bunch of issues. has it been fixed?
As far as I know Square Enix never patched the PC Version. Even the edition released later bundling together the game+dlcs isn't better.
You should look for the FAR mod as it fixes most of the issues and adds a bunch of neat stuff.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty happy with the first month of Choice, especially form only $10. Looking forward to trying Blasphemous, and maybe I will finally play Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So wait, I subscribed yesterday and got Soul Calibur, if I pick my Humble Choice games now, do I have to pay again or is the 27th payment only for January?

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I would recommend not putting any stock into such rumors. If it happens it happens but you in no way should get your hopes up that major sony owned IPs will be coming to PC before it actually happens.
Stuff like Death Stranding and Detroit become human were not sony owned IPs. Meanwhile Horizon is.

That being said it wouldn't be a terrible idea from sony to put an older entry like Horizon on PC in order to get more people interested before 2 comes out. But if they do I would expect them to wait at least a year if not 2 before the sequel hits PC as they will want to drive people to get a ps5 to play the sequel.

The only logical reason I could see Horizon going to PC is that they want to begin licensing out the engine and have to have a couple multiplatform products to demonstrate what it can do outside of Sony hardware. But even that seems dubious because simple tech demos would suffice.

ejo

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii
As far as I know Square Enix never patched the PC Version. Even the edition released later bundling together the game+dlcs isn't better.
You should look for the FAR mod as it fixes most of the issues and adds a bunch of neat stuff.

that's lame of square enix to make us rely on mods to fix their problems. sounds intriguing though if it adds new things to the game.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty reasonable so far. But I expect a SEE STAFF POST by the afternoon.

Yeah, so far it's alright given the subject matter. I can see it taking a turn eventually though.

My Era QoL became so much nicer when I decided to put every EGS thread on Ignore.

Not even engaging in that nonsense.

I just use the ignore button religiously. That doesn't stop me from reflexively posting terrible takes though :')

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It is funny how Valve added more features to the Steam than all other digital stores (including console ones) combined and people still think that Epic made them do all of that in 1 year XD

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
It is funny how Valve added more features to the Steam than all other digital stores (including console ones) combined and people still think that Epic made them do all of that in 1 year XD
You expect gaming journalists to actually follow pc gaming? It's a clown show once they leave their comfy console couches.

I read that PC World article, it's awful with a ton of assumptions. I wouldn't give that thread here the time of the day though. It's not worth it by who is actually involved in those threads.

1 gift from Cerium

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cerium Cerium!

This is a three-day raffle that will expire in 72 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cerium said:
The very last Steam copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection! Thanks again to Xbox Games Studios and 343 Industries.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Won by Cloudst69 Cloudst69 (97 entries)

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame about Void Bastards not being in the Humble Choice anymore. I played it when I had a trial of GamePass and it was pretty fun.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So wait, I subscribed yesterday and got Soul Calibur, if I pick my Humble Choice games now, do I have to pay again or is the 27th payment only for January?
You can either pay for the new choice games between now and Dec. 26th.
On Dec. 27th, if you hadn't paid for the new choice games, you will be auto charged.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
They'll probably have a nice sale on Tomb Raiser before long on the DLC but it's still a farce to see when being labeled as Definitive. Will wait until later, probably when my anniversary bonus kicks in, to early unlock Humble Choice anyway.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Half life marathon almost done, being midway in Portal 2's campaign.Just in time for Black Mesa complete beta release (volvo crowbar collective plz)

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
You can either pay for the new choice games between now and Dec. 26th.
On Dec. 27th, if you hadn't paid for the new choice games, you will be auto charged.

So technically December had two sets of games that had to be purchased individually, one for Monthly and one for Choice and then starting January a new set of games will appear, Choice-only. Or are the Tomb Raider Choice games the January selection?

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
So technically December had two sets of games that had to be purchased individually, one for Monthly and one for Choice and then starting January a new set of games will appear, Choice-only.
This. In January 3rd, a new set of games will be available and you won't be able to pick between the current selection (Shadow of Tomb Raider, Horizon, etc.)

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
The problem with Tomb Raider is that the base game is actually named "Definitive Edition" now even tho the actual Definitive Edition content isn't included unless you get the DLC for it...

5LSLCXT.png

It's not an issue on Steam since they removed the option to buy the base game, but it means that even tho you don't have the DLC the game logo in your library will state that it is the Definitive Edition.
You can think that's it's greedy not to include the DLC but the wording of it all really is not Humble's fault.

I'll buy the DLC in some Steam sale later since the price for this bundle will probably be really good then.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Tomb Raider is that the base game is actually named "Definitive Edition" now even tho the actual Definitive Edition content isn't included unless you get the DLC for it...

5LSLCXT.png

It's not an issue on Steam since they removed the option to buy the base game, but it means that even tho you don't have the DLC the game logo in your library will state that it is the Definitive Edition.
You can think that's it's greedy not to include the DLC but the wording of it all really is not Humble's fault.

I'll buy the DLC in some Steam sale later since the price for this bundle will probably be really good then.

Square loves doing this for whatever reason. They did same for Just Cause 4, Rise of Tomb Raider too (and probably others).

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Just when I'd finally worked out the Humble Monthly cycle in regard to game reveals, availability and charges being applied etc... this transition to Choice has me befuddled - not sure if I'm looking at 'next month's' games, or this month's... it's hard work this bundle stuff!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Don't sleep out on Horizon Chase Turbo, it has 4 player split screen, a free Easy Mode campaign for some relaxing driving as you also get to learn the stages and an outstanding soundtrack.

CDF0A09CF96BB9F545B431BE05A9958A07F87508
163D71E3BA46097F4059C3B0E0A919577679C740

06CF9D998492C3EFF25FDE67919D8744A7151077
DD67DB36FA059D58D800D4E01C9967ADBE686153

D12341B0DD4591419D1218A5DA4ECE1F0CB02927
4A5C1A1930CE4E6DB018484670191A318544DA36

Did I mention it has beautiful scenery?

So technically December had two sets of games that had to be purchased individually, one for Monthly and one for Choice and then starting January a new set of games will appear, Choice-only. Or are the Tomb Raider Choice games the January selection?
The previous bundle was the November one which had Yakuza Kiwami etc.
The new and current bundle is the December one which has Shadow of Tomb Raider.

The next January bundle will be revealed on the first Friday of January.

Hope that clears it up ^^;

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Just when I'd finally worked out the Humble Monthly cycle in regard to game reveals, availability and charges being applied etc... this transition to Choice has me befuddled - not sure if I'm looking at 'next month's' games, or this month's... it's hard work this bundle stuff!
Well, they kinda simplified it to be honest. Chose your plan and pick between the currently shown pool of games. No early / late unlocks or anything like that anymore.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they kinda simplified it to be honest. Chose your plan and pick between the currently shown pool of games. No early / late unlocks or anything like that anymore.

I guess so, yep - I think it's the transition that has confused me, with something of an overlap between the last Monthly and Choice kicking off.

Thanks - your reply, and Tizoc's prior to that, have cleared it up, I think!

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Don't sleep out on Horizon Chase Turbo, it has 4 player split screen, a free Easy Mode campaign for some relaxing driving as you also get to learn the stages and an outstanding soundtrack.

CDF0A09CF96BB9F545B431BE05A9958A07F87508
163D71E3BA46097F4059C3B0E0A919577679C740

06CF9D998492C3EFF25FDE67919D8744A7151077
DD67DB36FA059D58D800D4E01C9967ADBE686153

D12341B0DD4591419D1218A5DA4ECE1F0CB02927
4A5C1A1930CE4E6DB018484670191A318544DA36

Did I mention it has beautiful scenery?

The previous bundle was the November one which had Yakuza Kiwami etc.
The new and current bundle is the December one which has Shadow of Tomb Raider.

The next January bundle will be revealed on the first Friday of January.

Hope that clears it up ^^;

Oh nevermind I get it now, I'm dumb sorry :P

Status
Not open for further replies.