• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Dark1x Dictator Look what have you done

tqF2PN6.jpg

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
rockstar launcher has the most enraging Capchas on its login.

The "Pick out cars or fire hydrants" bullshit and you hit and one fades out and another picture pops up. Fuckers, give me the 9 picutres to pick from, I'm not Skynet, you don't need to juke me.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
rockstar launcher has the most enraging Capchas on its login.

The "Pick out cars or fire hydrants" bullshit and you hit and one fades out and another picture pops up. Fuckers, give me the 9 picutres to pick from, I'm not Skynet, you don't need to juke me.
God yes. I sure as hell hate having to discover what they consider a hill between 32x32 low quality images. Then you've some in which you don't know if a certain square is part of the object they want or not.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god I need to stay far away from that PCWorld thread.

The thing I'm looking forward to most with the new gen is hopefully people kinda "forgetting" about the PC space. All this focus on PC lately seems to smack of people that are bored with their consoles and "discovering" PC gaming.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
All of Black Mesa is now playable in beta!

Black Mesa Complete Beta

From Start to Finish

The whole of Black Mesa, from beginning to end, is available on "public-beta". Check out the known issues below, and give it a go! We are so pumped to have this out. We appreciate the feedback from the community; as we said before, it has proved invaluable.

Beta Release Notes

-Added Interloper C, Interloper C1, Interloper D, Nihilath boss battle, Endgame
-Changed grenade aim point to be center screen for easier aiming
-Fixed sprint animation playing while swimming
-Fixed shotgun misfire after reloading
-Fixed RPG unguided mode in Earth levels
-Fixed having to press "shift" after each level load with "Always Run" enabled

-Tons of small changes and fixes to the "Xen chapter"
-Fixed Nihilanth intro model
-Fixed most area portals rendering black
-Fixed leaf sounds, and ability of certain objects to fall through them
-Fixed cave long jump in Xen B to be more forgiving
-Fixed houndeye path kill brush in Xen B1
-Key lit bullsquids on bullsquid path
-Minor improvements to art and guidance at end of Xen B1
-Fixed missing sun lens flare in Xen C
-Fixed missing sun lens flare in Xen C1
-Fixed players being able to skip puzzle in Xen C1
-Fixed third plug puzzle so that short cord can not be used in long cords place

-Tons of small changes and fixes to the "Gonarch's Lair" chapter
-Fixed some lids not blowing off in Gonarch A
-Fixed crashes when player jumps on physics objects (like the rock columns in Gonarch)
-Fixed hard transition from Gonarch A to Gonarch B
-Improved player guidance
-Added red lights to all fumers to better highlight them
-Added "gate" on second ledge before crystal cave so that player can not back track, and soft lock the game
-Increased frame rate in crystal cave
-Improved fire trap
-Put explosive barrels next to each crystal in water cave to better explain gameplay element
-Removed fire from Gonarch final fight
-Lowered Gonarch green fire damage and screen shake

-Tons of small changes and fixes to the already released Interloper maps
-Remove first tentacle that could easily block player path
-Fixed model darkening at start of Interloper A
-Improved player guidance
-Removed phys objects that were on player path
-Small art fixes
-Made long jump path clearer and easier at end of Interloper A
-FIXED CRASH IN INTERLOPER A!
-Better key lighting for player path in Interloper A1
-Fixed most of the water seams in Interloper A1
-Minor art and bug fixes in Interloper B
-Better player guidance in Interloper B
-Fixed players skipping mechanic intro and breaking area portals at start of Interloper B1
-Improved player guidance in Interloper B1
-Minor art and collision fixes to B2
-Interloper B2 no longer fades to black at the end of the level ;)

Known Issues

Overall Difficulty. We suspect some parts might be too hard or too easy. We'll be watching play throughs and taking feedback to find these issues and fix them.

Performance. We have improved performance across the game, and targeted specific areas to increase the frame rate on all machines. Even with these fixes, there are still some areas we want to improve. For now, don't be afraid to lower your settings if you are getting low frames.

Factory Breaks. We are guessing players will be able to find creative ways to break the factory maps. We don't expect any of them to be full blockers, but we are anxious to see what players can do to these complex setups, and how we can mitigate issues.

So it is finally out, on beta, for everyone to play. We hope you enjoy it. We will be watching.

Thank you!

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Black Mesa...it has been....so long.....

Honestly I should wait a couple more months, this beta release will probably be buggy as hell.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man. Time to play through Black Mesa again. Did it way earlier when it was free. That remake is so damn good.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
i hate that installs under 50GB are starting to seem small to me
I'm still in the range where 15gb feels like a lot. but the vast majority of the games I play are smaller indie titles or digital board games lol.

of course I also have asgard's wrath installed which I bought a new SSD for specifically because it's like 140gb lol.

my top 12 installed games by file size
vJ4sbTM.jpg

and tomb raider is only there because I wanted to try out the benchmark tool lol. (though borderlands 2 at 25 gigs or so was there for a while before that.)

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good VR games with workshop support?

CloudLands VR Minigolf, make your own courses.

Modbox. It's actually just a design/game engine for people to make their own content with in dedicated rooms but plenty of people have and there is fun to be had or opportunity to stretch your creative muscles if that is what you are looking for.

Tabletop Simulator. It's just VR supported, but I like being able to look around a table in first person with it and people have made every game out there just about.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Back in my day we had to get a magazine and write in our own code to play a ZX Spectrum game. None of those fancy cassette tapes, it was by hand and it was basic! Sinclair BASIC!

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Back in my day we had to get a magazine and write in our own code to play a ZX Spectrum game. None of those fancy cassette tapes, it was by hand and it was basic! Sinclair BASIC!

Ah, memories! Yep, those were the days - typing out code from the back of Commodore 64 magazines, then saving all that work to cassette tape.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
All of Black Mesa is now playable in beta!

Black Mesa Complete Beta
The Day of Reckoning has arrived!

Everyone, to the shelters!

I found this in my house the other day:

I can send you photos of what to type for some of these games if you want.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
I found this in my house the other day:

I can send you photos of what to type for some of these games if you want.

That would be great. Galactic Monsters, Qui Vive, Escher, Explosion, I.T. The Adventure of the Century, and Fallout are ones that catch my eye. Any one of those would be nice to try out if it's not too much trouble.

x.f

Nov 1, 2017
Ah, memories! Yep, those were the days - typing out code from the back of Commodore 64 magazines, then saving all that work to cassette tape.

I find that a lot better to what I had for UT2K4 a good number of years back. I think it was 6 or 8 CDs that came in a huge fold case, which is probably the most amount of discs I had for a PC game install.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't sleep out on Horizon Chase Turbo, it has 4 player split screen, a free Easy Mode campaign for some relaxing driving as you also get to learn the stages and an outstanding soundtrack.

06CF9D998492C3EFF25FDE67919D8744A7151077
The moment I saw the 'Uno da firma' I thought: "This game must be from a Brazilian developer or at least has some Brazilian working on the team". XD
Unfortunately it seems to be nerfed alot!

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I do need more FEAR in my life. Are the expansions worth playing? They came with the base game on steam.
They're more FEAR. They do play a little... stiffer? You might know what I mean after you play them. They weren't Monolith developed and they're not canon. Most people like Extraction Point more but I preferred Perseus Mandate.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
That would be great. Galactic Monsters, Qui Vive, Escher, Explosion, I.T. The Adventure of the Century, and Fallout are ones that catch my eye. Any one of those would be nice to try out if it's not too much trouble.

Qui Vive and I.T. require 48K of memory.

If any image is unreadable, just tell me and I'll take a new photo of that page.

EDIT: Aaaand Imgur deorganized the entire thing, fun.

EDIT 2: https://www.4shared.com/s/f3QrQmlGTea

Last edited:

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer for Black Mesa to come out of beta. I feel like it's been in development forever.

From Wikipedia:

"Black Mesa began as the combination of two independent volunteer projects, each aiming to completely recreate Half-Life using Source. The Leakfree modification was announced in September 2004. The Half-Life: Source Overhaul Project was announced one month later.[8] After realizing their similar goals, project leaders for both teams decided to combine their efforts; they formed a new 13-person team under the name Black Mesa: Source.[7] The "Source" in the project's title was later dropped when Valve asked the team to remove it in order to "stem confusion over whether or not [it was] an endorsed or official product", which at the time it was not.[9] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mesa_(video_game)

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
The December humbly monthly was pretty decent. And I have a $5 coupon for the region-locked Soulcalibur VI which is sort of a nice bonus since I wouldn't have played it anyway.

Disappointed that Void Bastards, one of the games actually on my wishlist, got swapped out in Humble Choice.

1 gift from spiel

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from spiel spiel!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Sword Legacy Omen - Won by Csr Csr (6 entries)

Status
Not open for further replies.