• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 gifts from Rika

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Rika Rika!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Rika said:
Best of luck, guys!

Happy Holidays

-Rika

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Darkside Detective - Won by one of us one of us (12 entries)
  • Steam Steam: RPG Maker VX Ace - Won by Phrost Phrost (12 entries)
  • Steam Steam: RPG Maker VX Ace - Won by Phrost Phrost (11 entries)
  • Origin Origin: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - Won by one of us one of us (9 entries)

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Bloodstained: RotN. I drew the line at getting 100% shards, but I did all the optional bosses and 100% the map.

Pretty pretty pretty good. I like how the castle itself was quite treacherous, I died more than a couple of times just from mobs. Some of the bosses were quite tough as well. So much stuff hits hard.

Quite a lot of the best gear is only available in the endgame though, I finally got my char all decked out, but everything is dead, so it's like... okay.

There are a lot of items/shards I didn't even really get around to using I feel.

Anyhow, took about 25 hours (save file, 33hrs on Steam), which is a good length. I loved Hollow Knight, but that game felt long. Glad RotN wasn't a sub-15 hour game though, the genre seems replete with shorter offerings.

One of the harder metroidvanias and it actually focusses on exploration.

There is a bit in the middle where it felt like I fought five bosses in the span of two hours, so the pacing wasn't the greatest.

Recommended!

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Question: If you get the Shadow Of The Tomb Raider from Humble Monthly, you won't be able to get its uprades for Deluxe Edition after? Cus those DLCs don't appear on the store anymore and don't show a price.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No I mean the Humble bundle gives the base version but what if someone wants to upgrade and gett all the DE stuff?
I'd assume it'll work as any other purchase on steam? I mean - why would you not be able to by the dlcs only from the package if you have the base game. Probably better that way, you'll get a pretty big discount.

Almost seems like you're new to Steam or are getting very confused for whatever reason.

Though tbf for some packages you have to rebuy the whole thing (I think FromSoftware stuff is like that, I remember not getting any discount even though I had DS3 from the bundle).

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
No I mean the Humble bundle gives the base version but what if someone wants to upgrade and gett all the DE stuff?
This is what it looks like if you activate the Humble key. It's gonna be real cheap during sales.

5LSLCXT.png

I'd assume it'll work as any other purchase on steam? I mean - why would you not be able to by the dlcs only from the package if you have the base game. Probably better that way, you'll get a pretty big discount.

Almost seems like you're new to Steam or are getting very confused for whatever reason.

Though tbf for some packages you have to rebuy the whole thing (I think FromSoftware stuff is like that, I remember not getting any discount even though I had DS3 from the bundle).
Yeah that's the difference between Bundles (like the above) and Package "bundles".
The packages are giftable while bundles are not, so the best way to handle it is to provide both versions. Few do that tho.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

This is what it looks like if you activate the Humble key. It's gonna be real cheap during sales.

5LSLCXT.png

Yeah that's the difference between Bundles (like the above) and Package "bundles".
The packages are giftable while bundles are not, so the best way to handle it is to provide both versions. Few do that tho.

I'm not new to Steam (in fact I may be one of the oldest Steam users in this thread), it's just that those upgrades don't show any price to me as if I can't get them after I redeem the base game which is weird and never happened to me.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ye, I wasn't too happy about it when I realised I wasn't getting a discount lol.

I'm not new to Steam (in fact I may be one of the oldest Steam users in this thread), it's just that those upgrades don't show any price to me as if I can't get them after I redeem the base game which is weird and never happened to me.
Yep figured, was only wondering what was happening.

1 gift from mtlspider

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from mtlspider mtlspider!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: X-Morph Defense - Won by Cels Cels (8 entries)

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Yep figured, was only wondering what was happening.

Ok I am more confused now. Is it me or the base game doesn't exist on Steam anymore? I can only find the Definitive Edition in the store? Was the base version replcaed by the Definitive Edition like some time ago? If Humble monthly offers the game why doesn't it unlock the DE then instead?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Ok I am more confused now. Is it me or the base game doesn't exist on Steam anymore? I can only find the Definitive Edition in the store? Was the base version replcaed by the Definitive Edition like some time ago?

It was replaced with the Definitive Edition bundle a few weeks ago.

If Humble monthly offers the game why doesn't it unlock the DE then instead?

Because Humble didn't spring for the DE, just the base game.

Edit: You say you're not seeing prices for the DLC. What region are you in?

Edit edit: Are you referring to there being no DLC listed on the store page for the game? If you click the link I gave you earlier, you should see it.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of y'all really making this Tomb Raider thing sound way more complicated than it is. Just use some common sense.

Of course they ain't offering the GOTY edition for peanuts like 2 weeks after the GOTY released.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
It was replaced with the Definitive Edition bundle a few weeks ago.

Because Humble didn't spring for the DE, just the base game.

Edit: You say you're not seeing prices for the DLC. What region are you in?
Oh JaseC I didn't realize it was you bro. Welcome back here. Well I still didn't get the game from HB so that is why I only see the DE page

So what does this page look like for you?

Now this page shows all the prices but when I go the the each DLC separately, their individual pages don't show a price or way to get them individually. Does that mean if I unlock the base version, I have to re-purchase the DE again? Kinda weird tbh.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Oh JaseC I didn't realize it was you bro. Welcome back here.

Cheers. :)

Now this page shows all the prices but when I go the the each DLC separately, their individual pages don't show a price or way to get them individually. Does that mean if I unlock the base version, I have to re-purchase the DE again? Kinda weird tbh.

You can't purchase them individually, but when you activate the base game, it'll be deducted from the cost of the bundle so that you're paying only for the DLC.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
20191207021733_1.jpg

Super secret. Also lmao 2 of 6 secrets, but super secret.

I used to think I was good at boomer shooters, but man Blood is hard.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I tired using an old CRT I had lying around as a second monitor but it was too big for my desk 🙁

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
These babies out here with their color CRTs... I only own a green monochrome CRT!

Somewhere, in storage, assuming I didn't chuck it, which I probably did.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Almost got crushed by a big CRT TV carrying it down a narrow flight of stairs.
Never again.

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
heads up to anyone on Microsoft store's mailing list. you might have received an email with a hidden $5 credit code
the code expires in 3 months but if you're an MS rewards member and would prefer to have 2500 MS rewards points instead of the expiring $5 credit there's a way to convert it but i think you need an Xbox one to do it

Got this email, but the offer is not available anymore....

Animus

Oct 30, 2017
Ukraine
Just registered in epic games store to collect free games. It's hilarious they still don't have wishlist and shoppping cart.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Paused my humble sub for a month. Would have taken Tomb Raider if they included all DLC but other than that there is nothing else that interests me. Will grab TR in a year or two and gladly play on my new PC then.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
On Black Mesa, it's just me or is harder as nails in some parts? I remember playing some time ago, and geting butchered to frustration at some point. Didn't have the same memory from the original HL back in the day.

Not that I'm complaining. It just came at my mind while reading the news.

Last edited:

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
On Black Mesa, it's just me or is harder as nails in some parts? I remember playing some time ago, and geting butchered to frustration at some point. Didn't had the same memory from the original HL back in the day.

Not that I'm complaining. It just came at my mind while reading the news.
Some parts will be more difficult, yeah. Don't know if the marines still slaughter all the other NPCs uncontested or not, but that was the case during my mod playthrough.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone uses the nvidia shield to cast?

I want to cast Darksiders to the tv so i can play with my gf, but I want the controllers to keep connected to the pc, so there's less input lag, did someone tried that?

Not sure if the steam app or the gforce app is best to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.