• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Also I started Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition today. And I still like that game and I really hope that PCF will manage to make sequel now that they got IP back and they are independent.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I get what you're saying, but when you have to wait for your friends to continue instead of taking hours searching for players to buy, sometimes the joy of simply continuing instantly is very fun.
Actually we had a 10 min rule during game days (everyone had to get their games done within this time), and between game days during non transfer periods the host gets to proceed a day every 2 mins (usually we didn't even wait between game days unless one of us had to negotiate a new contract with our players).

Whenever transfer periods opened up (winter/summer) we'd dedicate a certain number of days specifically to it and the host usually kept the game up all day for those 1-2 days (we had the host host it on his extra laptop) where people would do all the negotiation, contracts, searching for players and staff, tweaking tactics etc. Scouting players beforehand was on each player.

We played 3 nights a week.

1 gift from Thekeats

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Thekeats Thekeats!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Chasm - Won by C4rter C4rter (10 entries)

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
I think Blood has the steepest learning curve of all the Build engine shooters, especially since a number of your weapons can just as easily kill you, haha!
For what I've played (only the first chapter, on Lightly Broiled) the difficulty is also because the hitscanners have instant reaction time so the moment they see you they shoot at you.

I'm enjoying it so far!

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I made 1 category as dynamic and just had all games arranged by release date. This would cause Steam to put all of your games into this new category but arrange by date.
Call it bizarre, but it is how 've been going through my backlog this past month or two ;)
Oh, I see. What parameters is that dynamic category based on?

What I really want though is a list that I can order myself, so I can go through it pretty seamlessly. ;)

1 gift from Thekeats

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Thekeats Thekeats!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Thekeats said:
Early Christmas present for one somebody.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Darksiders Genesis - Won by Dakath Dakath (86 entries)

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Updated my BIOS once on a day where I kept getting power outages + was downloading it with my internet that tends to disconnect periodically. Thinking back, I would have probably played russian roulette that day if someone asked me.

Playing with fire. I'm always sweating up a storm doing those or firmware updates 😅

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
tebPWBh.png

Try toes.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
On one hand I'm kind of worried that the original team has long disbanded to various studios. But on the other hand, none of the games with STALKER vets on them have felt at all like STALKER to me. Perhaps the magic of it really is just with the franchise itself, and it will be recaptured by whoever goes on to try it.
The head writer from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is working on Chernobylite, so we'll see how that one ends up.

Some parts of Metro Exodus managed to channel S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibe somewhat. But I feel that the big part of what makes the Zone special are the constant reminders that there IS a "normal" world out there to return to- which isn't really something you can get in your typical post-apoc fiction. In that sense comparisons with games like Fallouts don't really work, because the vault dwellers have no choice but to live in their world; while everyone in the Zone has their own reasons to risk their life for the potential fortune to be made in the Zone

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe how much XCOM2 I'm (re)playing, with all these other games I need to get through. It's just...when modded to match your tastes, it's almost a perfect game.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Fired up the DQB2 demo and I love everything about it minus the horrid camera controls.

I've fiddled with all the settings and can't seem to dial in anything that feels natural. I'm instead left feeling like I'm spending more time babysitting manual camera adjustment than playing the actual game.

Shame, 'cause it started out as a might buy to a deep discount barring some mod adjustments down the line.

Oct 26, 2017
Today i finished Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris with friend. First of all that is one short game, we finished it in under 5 hours (without all challenge tombs and collectibles). It is worse than Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. While some tombs are bigger overall game is easier. Also that damn in game map is worthless. But it is still fun game to play and voice actress who is voicing Lara is miles ahead of Camila in new trilogy. In the end i must say that i prefer both Lara Croft games more than new TR trilogy.
Guardian of Light was such a fun game, but yeah the Osiris reviews made it clear that it was a step down and I never got around to it. Speaking of local co-op type games, I fell off of Trine after part 2, I see they out a part 4 with decent reviews recently. Surprised that's still going.

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
For what I've played (only the first chapter, on Lightly Broiled) the difficulty is also because the hitscanners have instant reaction time so the moment they see you they shoot at you.

I'm enjoying it so far!
Yeah, the hitscanners can be a massive pain the ass. Glad you like the game though. It's hard for me to imagine what it's like playing it for the first time, as nostalgia's absolutely corrupted my memory so I can only remember the awesome atmosphere and absurdly powerful arsenal when I revisit my first impressions in my mind's eye.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the hitscanners can be a massive pain the ass. Glad you like the game though. It's hard for me to imagine what it's like playing it for the first time, as nostalgia's absolutely corrupted my memory so I can only remember the awesome atmosphere and absurdly powerful arsenal when I revisit my first impressions in my mind's eye.
It's been on my sights for years, it's one of the few shooters of that era I haven't played.

I even tried Tekwar when I was a child! Tekwar!

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Darksiders Genesis is really good, don't sleep on it just because it came out too late this year to get much buzz in the press.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is with an SSD too. Same one I used to use but wiped obv, used to be 10 seconds.
ugUZLeg.png

Read Ryzens can cause slow boot times but come on :( Got the BIOS settings as what you'd expect too

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Man, this is with an SSD too. Same one I used to use but wiped obv, used to be 10 seconds.
ugUZLeg.png

Read Ryzens can cause slow boot times but come on :( Got the BIOS settings as what you'd expect too
dOZyEzQ.png

Mine is better now after alot of the BIOS updates etc but yeah it's still like ~10-15 sec slower than my 2500k system

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ryzen just needs a million BIOS updates. I've updated mine in the space of 2 months more than I ever did my intel systems.

Still waiting on another one that fixes an issue with my soundblaster z.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Managed to tear myself away from FM19 for a bit to continue the Field of Glory 2 tutorial. Not bad at all, fun for the history buffs, lots of attention to detail, and I especially enjoy the game manual PDF with its lengthy description of the warfare of the era (yes that's right, they still make manuals for games on Steam!).

Getting an elephant to flank charge and rout several units is *chef kiss*. It's something you can play in bitesize moments. More importantly, another game marked off the backlog! Progress!

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Today i went and removed every keycap from my keyboard and cleaned it. People should just buy new cheap keyboard every 6 months XD
Did that with my keyboard, but since the top is brushed aluminum, every piece of dust and dirt stuck to the base of the keyboard.

It was absolutely FILTHY.

Gonna clean it thoroughly every 6 months.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
ugUZLeg.png

I'm on Ryzen and mine says 12 seconds, I've got 3 external USB drives attached too so it could be even quicker.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What issue are you having with the Sound Blaster Z?

Mixes up channels on 5.1 semi randomly (so vocal channel will try to play through subwoofer). There's a bootleg fix by running sound at 16 bit, but still happens every once in a while. On my motherboard they've slowly been fixing it. Supposedly fixed on a few soundblaster models in the last few BIOS

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Any issues with AI if you're playing solo? (Not familiar about character switching if playing by yourself)

Like Sredgrin said above, if you're playing solo you're just one character that can switch on on the fly.

I think it works like Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in that it changes some puzzles that have co-op elements. (like where you have to flip 2 switches at once etc)

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Can't believe how much XCOM2 I'm (re)playing, with all these other games I need to get through. It's just...when modded to match your tastes, it's almost a perfect game.
Same! I'm doing my third playthrough right now. I've been using mods basically since the first time but it's always astounding how dope they make the game.
Also super into voice and customization mods. I recommend the AVGN one a lot, it's the best.
Darksiders Genesis is really good, don't sleep on it just because it came out too late this year to get much buzz in the press.
What kind of game even is this again? I've seen almost nothing on it. Looks Diablo-y?

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All your ryzen experiences are .. the best intel advertisement I've seen so far.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted to do my n playthrough on XCOM2 for a while, but I'm having problems to identify which of the gazillion mods I use is crashing the game on the startup. The alternative launcher that identifies problems doesn't say anything, and testing out by batches (first one half, then half of the half that crashes, and so on) it bores me to death only by thinking to do it as it would require a decent amount of time (and clicks).

But this led me to install Slay the Spire around a week ago, and oh boy. Quality drug.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I've wanted to do my n playthrough on XCOM2 for a while, but I'm having problems to identify which of the gazillion mods I use is crashing the game on the startup. The alternative launcher that identifies problems doesn't say anything, and testing out by batches (first one half, then half of the half that crashes, and so on) it bores me to death only by thinking to do it as it would require a decent amount of time (and clicks).

But this led me to install Slay the Spire around a week ago, and oh boy. Quality drug.
lol yeah i had the same issue the other day. i went through and enabled mods 5 at a time (i'm running about 80)
turned out to be some inconsequential "advent have flashlights" mod that I installed on a whim and never even tested out. worth the hassle imo, xcom2 is probably in my top 3 GOATs(e)

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah that's where most (all?) of the increased boot time is for me too, actual POST and then Windows loading up feels pretty snappy.

Ultimately not a big deal but just thought it was weird that a 2011 system was faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.