• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't used a motherboard for a non HEDT CPU for a while, but is it possible that the mobo has settings for fast boot and normal boot? Some motherboards do an extended memory training thing or something which you can turn off.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also I started Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition today. And I still like that game and I really hope that PCF will manage to make sequel now that they got IP back and they are independent.
Have this game on the PS4 but have never gone past the first two levels. I remember finding the dialogue facepalm worthy.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Today i finished Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris with friend. First of all that is one short game, we finished it in under 5 hours (without all challenge tombs and collectibles). It is worse than Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. While some tombs are bigger overall game is easier. Also that damn in game map is worthless. But it is still fun game to play and voice actress who is voicing Lara is miles ahead of Camila in new trilogy. In the end i must say that i prefer both Lara Croft games more than new TR trilogy.
Keeley Hawes for life.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
So uhh American Truck Simulator is so good. Whenever I boot it up, I end up playing for a few hours without realizing it. I also backed up a trailer today without using the camera angle from above the truck, so does that make me a pro now?

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
tebPWBh.png

Try toes.
Crossing toes now.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like that South Park game is on sale every other week. Wonder if we might see a license drop soon.

Been tempted but it sounds like the port's kind of a piece of shit.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Oh, I see. What parameters is that dynamic category based on?

What I really want though is a list that I can order myself, so I can go through it pretty seamlessly. ;)
Just release date i guess. Do that and it would dynamically include all games then arrange them by release date.
I wanted to use it to clear my 2009 released games that i own but ended up working my way from 1987 til early 2000s by now ^^;

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished it on PC and it ran without issues so no idea what you're talking about.

I mean, I don't own it, was just what I read. It just had really poor user reviews when I checked it out (looks like it's recovered). The forums though are still full of complaints.

Oct 26, 2017
Since someone is messing with his/her PC, I noticed something strange on 'Devices and Printers": my desktop now shows as a transparent blue cube (model AMDA00), instead of the default icon.

Any ideas why?
(The mother-board is Asus, with a Intel CPU and a Gigabyte GPU).

P.S.: Also strange, the Xbox 360 controller shows as a Xbox 360 controller icon. The Xbox One shows as a generic game pad icon.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I used cheats to finish Dragonfall. Boy I really did not enjoy any of that, which is really strange because I liked Returns.

when life gives you lemons, open the console and enter in slaughter 100

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
How was Ashen as a Souls game? I see it's releasing in two days on Steam. I remember hearing good things and bad things about it when it released on EGS.

It's a completely average Souls clone. It doesn't do anything particularly badly but also nothing interesting except for maybe the seamless coop which I haven't tried much since I prefer playing Souls games solo.

There are actual jumping and platforming mechanics unlike most Souls but almost all the loot and secrets is dull and not worth it. They removed stats (which Im fine with btw!) since then you can focus on weapon or tools variety in terms of design. Except the game has piss poor variety to begin with. It's just different skins of clubs, axes, spears and hammers with negligble difference in animations and usage.

The game's core loop is fetch questing around the giant map with quest markers and barely a sense of surprise except for a handful of set pieces. While it doesn't do anything specifically badly, there is a section in a later dungeon that will drive you up a wall due to your AI companion's stupidity.

Honestly, the game does nothing but make you appreciate From's masterful game design in comparison. Only recommend it on a sale.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Every single Souls-inspired game I've played, right up to Jedi Fallen Order recently, just makes me appreciate FROM Software games more and more.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
It's a completely average Souls clone. It doesn't do anything particularly badly but also nothing interesting except for maybe the seamless coop which I haven't tried much since I prefer playing Souls games solo.

I would say that the home-base evolving over the course of the adventure is cool and a bit different.
I think the art style is marvelous (the wood-carved people look). The music is also really good.
I also think the platforming, while yeah, not exactly rewarding, gives the game a bit of a different feel.

The lantern stuff does what a lot of people wanted DS2 to do (and proves that it's not really that great of a mechanic).

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Going back to an earlier conversation, when I upgraded to an SSD things booted within ten seconds for the first 3 months or so and then just nose dived and I have no idea why.
Last BIOS time was 27.8 seconds 😑

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Have this game on the PS4 but have never gone past the first two levels. I remember finding the dialogue facepalm worthy.

I like it, it is less serious Gears of War with better combat and movement. Locations are visually nice too. I kinda feel that Bulletstorm is to Gears of War what Deadpool is to main MCU movies.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I know I'm behind the curve but I didn't realize gg.deals also tells you if the game is on any subscription sites, I've been wanting something like this for a while now and I can't imagine buying games without that kind of info. I've previously been using isthereanydeal

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide if I want to keep playing Talos Principle. I really want to see the story through but all I have left is red puzzles and they're getting really annoying.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

There are actual jumping and platforming mechanics unlike most Souls but almost all the loot and secrets is dull and not worth it. They removed stats (which Im fine with btw!) since then you can focus on weapon or tools variety in terms of design. Except the game has piss poor variety to begin with. It's just different skins of clubs, axes, spears and hammers with negligble difference in animations and usage.

The game's core loop is fetch questing around the giant map with quest markers and barely a sense of surprise except for a handful of set pieces. While it doesn't do anything specifically badly, there is a section in a later dungeon that will drive you up a wall due to your AI companion's stupidity.

Honestly, the game does nothing but make you appreciate From's masterful game design in comparison. Only recommend it on a sale.

I agree with this entirely. Played Ashen on Game Pass last year and was distinctly underwhelmed. One thing that stood out as being bad was the way open areas are designed - ie terribly, with no sense of progression or meaningful enemy encounters.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I've been a bit fascinated by the idea of a triple monitor set up since I got two new monitors. The new monitors are identical 27 inch models compared to my old 23's. But for fun I think I'll still place one of them beside the 27's just to see a game with 3 monitors whenever I get a new video card.

Anyways I've seen some videos of people with 3 monitor set ups. But has anyone done 3 big screen TV set ups? I mean like three 55+ inch TV's side by side as a triple screen set up? My curiosity wants to see such a thing if anyone has ever done this and filmed it lol.

1 gift from Teggy

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Teggy Teggy!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Won by Classy Tomato Classy Tomato (72 entries)

4 gifts from apotema

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from apotema apotema!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

apotema said:

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Won by Morrigan Morrigan (9 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Adventure DX - Won by MXAGhost MXAGhost (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic CD - Won by Amir Amir (4 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Adventure 2 - Won by RR30 RR30 (3 entries)

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to find a single way to play Reach and make it feel good. Hopefully CE will be a better experience.

This has kinda been my experience with it, my memories of Halo did not match the reality.

The audio issues didn't help either, but I just felt kinda bored with the gameplay.

Jun 2, 2019
I can't seem to find a single way to play Reach and make it feel good. Hopefully CE will be a better experience.

I reached perfection with the Switch pro controller and gyro, but i guess your issues doesn't lie there.

I'm kinda happy for not having played Halo before because sound mix aside I wouldn't notice any issue if it weren't for the DF video.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I should have clarified, mostly talking about m&kb controls. I gave it a shot with a regular gamepad and a SC, which improved the experience somewhat.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't started Reach yet but I do feel it'll be best played with a controller so I'll just use the XBO pad and hope for the best.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
I would say that the home-base evolving over the course of the adventure is cool and a bit different.
I think the art style is marvelous (the wood-carved people look). The music is also really good.
I also think the platforming, while yeah, not exactly rewarding, gives the game a bit of a different feel.

The lantern stuff does what a lot of people wanted DS2 to do (and proves that it's not really that great of a mechanic).

I agree on all of the above.

The home base is impressive on its own with the constant construction and expansion. It's like a peaceful community is slowly taking shape in this horrible world. Well that was the intention I think since it didn't leave much of an impression on me because of the lack interesting NPCs or stories.

I'd also like to add that the combat is simplistic to a fault. They got the slow, uninterruptible animations and high damaging enemies from Souls games right and not much else. Enemy encounter design is really boring with humanoid enemies waiting to ambush you and bum rushing you as soon as they detect you. There are few unique enemy types and are rare between all the dull fighting. The only standout encounter to me is in the last area were the guys chucking spears at you from on top of wall and the player has to figure how to get to them. And it wasn't that good anyway...

There is an artifact and relic system which acts as a stand in for Souls ring slots but most of them are minor (and boring) stat bonuses and some hilariously OP ones like the Red Tearstone Ring clone.

Yeah sorry if this came across rambly, I just wanted to talk about this game since I've seen barely any discussion on it online lol.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I dunno what to play today because it feels so empty now that Jedi: Fallen Order is over. It ended up becoming my GotY after I thought it was finally time for some of my indie darlings to have the spotlight. I always end up playing a single AAA that click with me like this and push the amazing indies to the second and third spots. It happened with Horizon Zero Dawn in 2017 and Spider-Man last year. And now Jedi.

I absolutely loved the game. Didn't really see it as "Souls-like" which is good because I never felt that it was overshadowed by all those things it takes inspiration from. No need to compare it to any other game because it felt like a good mashup of many different things.

So I am very sorry Supraland and Forager, but I have to give it to Jedi this year.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Darksiders Genesis is really good, don't sleep on it just because it came out too late this year to get much buzz in the press.
Does it feature a story driven campaign? I played Darksiders I and II - enjoyed both of them including the story. Is Genesis a continuation of these games or set in a different timeline?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Does it feature a story driven campaign? I played Darksiders I and II - enjoyed both of them including the story. Is Genesis a continuation of these games or set in a different timeline?

Yes it's pretty much just an isometric Darksiders, but with a level-based structure (which you can revisit from a hub world). It's a prequel set before the events of all the mainline games.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Playing with fire. I'm always sweating up a storm doing those or firmware updates 😅

Yeah I sopped before I go burned lol. Now I'm dowloading it on a USB and crossing fingers.

On the topic of BIOS time, I checked and mine says 22.4 seconds. Disabling the Xbox app at startup shaved some time off to get there.

Oct 26, 2017
I've been a bit fascinated by the idea of a triple monitor set up since I got two new monitors. The new monitors are identical 27 inch models compared to my old 23's. But for fun I think I'll still place one of them beside the 27's just to see a game with 3 monitors whenever I get a new video card.

Anyways I've seen some videos of people with 3 monitor set ups. But has anyone done 3 big screen TV set ups? I mean like three 55+ inch TV's side by side as a triple screen set up? My curiosity wants to see such a thing if anyone has ever done this and filmed it lol.
Triple monitors is a pain in the ass, I only ever found it even somewhat worth it for flight sims. I still run three monitors for desktop but even that's a pain in the ass, middle being 165hz and the sides being 60hz gives some weird sync issues where if you're playing videos on more than one monitor they all stutter to shit. Maybe I should just change my main monitor to 120hz (which should play nicer with 60hz) but that will kind of sucks for games. I might be crazy but there doesn't seem to be any extremely quick way to change refresh rate on the fly.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I sopped before I go burned lol. Now I'm dowloading it on a USB and crossing fingers.

On the topic of BIOS time, I checked and mine says 22.4 seconds. Disabling the Xbox app at startup shaved some time off to get there.
BIOS time? You mean like bootup? On Linux booting up to the point I can browse the internet is like 8 to 10 seconds. On a normal SSD that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.