• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DasFool

Oct 25, 2017
To fans of Resident Evil 7: Is the Gold edition worth it? I'm very interested in buying RE7 since it's the price of a Big Mac on the Microsoft store. However, I've heard the DLC is a grab-bag of some high highs and nonsensical lows. Can anyone weigh in on this? Thank you.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I would say its worth it for the last expansion atleast .
You play a swamp hobo and punch alligators and slime mutants with your bare fists .

Jul 26, 2019
To fans of Resident Evil 7: Is the Gold edition worth it? I'm very interested in buying RE7 since it's the price of a Big Mac on the Microsoft store. However, I've heard the DLC is a grab-bag of some high highs and nonsensical lows. Can anyone weigh in on this? Thank you.

I only played Chris's campaign Not A Hero. It took 3 hours for me. Not mind blowing but enjoyable. Watched rest of them from youtube. Im glad I did because aside from some plot points being conculuded, there isn't any positive in my opinion. Gameplay of DLC didn't look good as the main story. It felt like they wanted to experiment with gameplay and saved some of the story for DLC. If there is big price diffrence between standart and gold edition, you can get standart edition and watch DLC from the youtube. If not, you can try gold edition to experience full story.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I forgot to redeem Towerfall Acension from EGS yesterday...but not too bummed about it cause I'm likely not gonna be playing anything from EGS (most of the games I want to play I have Steam versions and games like Towerfall are games I have no interest in getting).

Anyways, I finished my Christmas shopping spree for Steam Winter/Christmas sale

I bought the following from these stores because they were cheaper than the ones being sold on Steam....

Doom 3 BFG (GamersGate) - $4.80
Dark Rose Valkyrie (GreenManGaming) - $3.75
Dark Rose Valkyrie Special Recruitment DLC (GreenmanGaming) - $1.19

The rest I bought from Steam.....

The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Third Chapter - $17.49 ($5 discount)
Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition Duke Nukem Bundle - $11
LEGO The Incredibles - $10
Wolfenstein The Two Pack (Oldblood and New Order) - $9
Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration - $9
Age of Empires Definitive Edition - $5
Command and Conqueror Red Alert 3 - $5
Gothic Universe Edition - $4
Max The Curse of Brotherhood - $3.74

----

I guess I might as well post this here, but I also bought some stuff for my PS4 for the holidays in the last few weeks too

-Dragon Quest Builders 2 - $25
-NieR: Automata - Game of the YoRHa Edition - $20
-Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition - $20
-Yakuza 6 The Song of Life - $20
-Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Gold Edition - $15
-Marvel's Spider-Man Game of the Year Edition - $15
-Yakuza Kiwami 2 - $15
-Digimon World: Next Order - $15
-Devil May Cry 5 - $15
-Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below - $13
-Dragon Quest Heroes II Explorer's Edition - $13
-Assassin's Creed Unity - $9
-Knack 2 - $5

And this from the Steam Autumn sale

-Tekken 7 Ultimate - $27
-Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - $17
-BLACK CLOVER: QUARTET KNIGHTS Deluxe Edition - $16
-GRANDIA HD Remaster - $15
-Soul Calibur VI Season Pass 1 - $15
-Mega Man X Legacy Collection - $10
-Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 - $10
-Croixleur Sigma - $5

5 gifts from Teggy

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from Teggy Teggy!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Anomaly Warzone Earth
  • Steam Steam: Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign
  • Steam Steam: Anomaly Korea
  • Steam Steam: Anomaly Korea
  • Steam Steam: Anomaly 2

5 gifts from Teggy

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from Teggy Teggy!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Anomaly Warzone Earth - Won by predprey (5 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign - Won by Equirah Equirah (6 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Anomaly Korea - Won by Freezard Freezard (6 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Anomaly Defenders - Won by KushalaDaora KushalaDaora (9 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Anomaly 2 - Won by BorntoPlay BorntoPlay (8 entries)

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Steam was doing cards for queues again. I thought they stopped doing that the last couple sales? 🤔

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
The Trepang demo is great. Really easy in normal though, I should try it in hard.

Witcha turned out to be great, really enjoyed it.
Dandelion/Jaskier was the best character. Kinda dissapointed that they took so much from Edge of the World, the entire encounter with Torque is hilarious in the book.

I hope Vilgefortz delivers, such an important character.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so I'm putting Heavenward on hold for now (Im just at the start I basically got to Ishgard, got the machinist and astrologian quests and little else) to put some other jobs at 50 I think, so I can then decide what to do the MSQ on. I certainly want to put another dps (machinist) and healer (probably white mage, astro wasnt isnt gelling with me at 30 and from what Ive seen of it in videos) at 50.

I got machinist to 37 with the Palace and then Conjurer to 13 (also with the palace), I wanted to get Conjurer to 16 so I can queue for dungeons with it, so I can split what I do between those 2 jobs to change it up a bit. Side note on the Palace, cool that you can have 2 save slots so I could have progress on both seperate.

Then in a few days Ill go back to doing HW MSQ, and when im 60 on something, whatever it is, Ill grab Dancer (I believe Dancer is just level locked like Samurai/RedMage, not story locked).

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
so I'm putting Heavenward on hold for now (Im just at the start I basically got to Ishgard, got the machinist and astrologian quests and little else) to put some other jobs at 50 I think, so I can then decide what to do the MSQ on. I certainly want to put another dps (machinist) and healer (probably white mage, astro wasnt isnt gelling with me at 30 and from what Ive seen of it in videos) at 50.

I got machinist to 37 with the Palace and then Conjurer to 13 (also with the palace), I wanted to get Conjurer to 16 so I can queue for dungeons with it, so I can split what I do between those 2 jobs to change it up a bit. Side note on the Palace, cool that you can have 2 save slots so I could have progress on both seperate.

Then in a few days Ill go back to doing HW MSQ, and when im 60 on something, whatever it is, Ill grab Dancer (I believe Dancer is just level locked like Samurai/RedMage, not story locked).
Correct, only the Heavensward jobs are story locked.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more concerned by the number of games lifting the Darkest Dungeon combat, which has never really been... great? Like for DD it works, but the games that lift it fail to lift the reason it existed--for tension.

It's like 1:1 copying Divinity's combat but not doing the environmental interactions. That's just not the point.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more concerned by the number of games lifting the Darkest Dungeon combat, which has never really been... great? Like for DS it works, but the games that lift it fail to lift the reason it existed--for tension.

It's like 1:1 copying Divinity's combat but not doing the environmental interactions. That's just not the point.

every DD clone ive played has failed, it's actually quite remarkable. I mean, even Souls clones for example suceed in some way or another, but every DD-like game I've tried just was not enjoyable in the least.

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Spire on NDS did it first!!
Eeeeh, kinda.

I'm more concerned by the number of games lifting the Darkest Dungeon combat, which has never really been... great? Like for DS it works, but the games that lift it fail to lift the reason it existed--for tension.

That's every time copycats happen.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
That's every time copycats happen.
Ehhh, there's plenty of good games inspired by existing ones. It's just seems particularly egregious for games lifting from DD, for some reason.

XCOM's combat system for example. A ton of games have taken the turn-based, two-action cover-based combat and made it work for them. Not always perfectly, but enough to compliment the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, there's plenty of good games inspired by existing ones. It's just seems particularly egregious for games lifting from DD, for some reason.

XCOM's combat system for example. A ton of games have taken the turn-based, two-action cover-based combat and made it work for them. Not always perfectly, but enough to compliment the game.
Sure, but usually the first wave of clones are just trying to ride on the back of the original.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man the first episode of the Witcher is kind of fucking awful, especially the Ciri stuff (not her, but a lot of the stuff around her).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno! I had to look up how to even find it.

Then, suddenly, the popularity of that one spot in Gridania made a lot more sense, lol.

I did notice a lot of people there when I was leveling initially but never even occurred to me why. I didnt even notice there was one of those + quests there. So bizarre to have such a big feature "hidden" away like that.

Like, WoW is actually having a similar random dungeon type thing in Shadowlands (very similar in fact, which is funny now that I'm playing FF14) and you can bet your ass they will be putting a huge spotlight on it (as they should to be fair).

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine a traditional duty finder for Path of the damned, what with the aetherpool, the "save" slots, people wanting specific floors, solo players, etc would just be a nightmare to manage.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Huh... Is there a way to see the threads I have subrscribed in the Steam forums?

I subbed to a thread deep in the H3VR forums yesterday and I want to get back to it to check a workaround for a bug that a dude wrote in there but I can'T seem to find a way to see my subbed threads unless somebody replies and I get a notification?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
So RE2 is 75% off on Gamersgate, and with that I finally caved and bought it.
GMG has RE3 with a 25% off code: 25RE3

Oct 25, 2017
I just got the message on my PC that Gears 5 has finished downloading (on gamepass )

That's all fine and well but the Gamepass app wasn't running. So it just downloaded it in the background without the app and without my knowledge? Is that a thing? Cause I don't really like that, mostly because it explains why I had such a shit connection while playing Siege.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So should Minecraft and League of Legends be eligible for the Game of the Decade? Obviously, both were released in 2009, but both games were phenomenons of this decade, not last, and excluding them on the basis of being available for a few weeks or months last decade feels wrong. Maybe I'll make 'Games that received significant post release support in the 2010's' eligible for the awad.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Alas, I dropped F.E.A.R. I found it too boring. Bland environments, dreary music, unengaging story.

I'm playing The Station now and enjoying it. Controller feels much better, in hindsight choosing FEAR as my first Steam controller experience was a bad idea.

Does anyone find all walking simulators inherently creepy? They could not be related to the horror genre at all and I'd still feel creeped out by being the only person in an empty environment. I'm always looking around trying to spot anyone spying on me.

Like the Sith I have a Rule of Two when it comes to PC gaming. I'm also currently enjoying Football Manager 19. My team is on a 12 match unbeaten run and it feels great! I don't know why skysports and the like keeping saying the odds are against me in matches where I trounce the other team. Not that I'm complaining too much, my manager rep has now increased from 0 to 15%. Feels good.

However although I have a lot of transfer and wage budget to play around with, I can't touch the funds because I'm barely making any money and I don't want the club to go into severe debt. Not sure what I'm gonna do if we get promoted to Vanarama National...might just have to risk it and get some new players in anyway...

Ahh, strategy games, love them.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I just got the message on my PC that Gears 5 has finished downloading (on gamepass )

That's all fine and well but the Gamepass app wasn't running. So it just downloaded it in the background without the app and without my knowledge? Is that a thing? Cause I don't really like that, mostly because it explains why I had such a shit connection while playing Siege.
Yeah, I had a similar issue with Gears 5 a month ago. Pausing and even closing the Xbox App don't necessarily mean the download will be stopped since, IIRC, it'd still be downloaded through Microsoft Store.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Totally Accurate Battle Simulator got added to PC Game Pass. Now I've got that, Halo, and Pathologic 2 downloading... hopefully the Xbox app can handle all of this.

Edit: oh wait, it just queues the downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.