• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 gift from fokkusu

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from fokkusu fokkusu!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Dead Rising 2 Off the Record - Won by EtaMari EtaMari (5 entries)

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This is a good time to prune the wishlist. I look at some on there, on sale yet again for 75%-90% off, and sale after sale they never get bought while the backlog grows with fresher buys. They're gone.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Even though Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on Humble Bundle, it's not the Definitive Edition so I went elsewhere and bought it. That's my next game. I'm just debating whether to start from the beginning and do the whole trilogy or whether that will be too much.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
The worst part about Windows' boot files is that when you migrate between drives and think you've cloned all, you probably haven't because the boot files are special snowflakes and then you notice it only after you've already nuked the original drive and if you are lucky you have a boot disk or windows install usb key from which you can boot from to fix that shit.

That totally didn't happen to me like 1 week ago when I moved from sata ssd to a nvme.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I always just do a fresh install of Windows when installing a new boot drive. It's definitely finicky trying to clone drives. I used to try to do that at work when we were upgrading users to SSDs. After a few botched clones, and with it being faster to just image the computer, I don't do that anymore.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 made into top 12 of whole year, can we finally put rest meme that no one bought RDR2 @ Steam?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

I know someone here had a similar game as a GOTY contender early on in the year, but I cant remember who it was.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
RDR2 making the top 40 of the year when it was released like two weeks ago and essentially designed to not sell as well on Steam seems pretty solid.

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
Seen a few people playing this

How is it?

It's ded like pc gaming

Don't, as someone who actively plays it and is quite active in the game's discord server I can tell you that the devs are just fumbling forward in the game's development, have no intention of ever removing the early access tag, seriously overprice and overestimate offers and can't make up their mind if they want to support a passive or an active playstyle so they end up commiting to neither. Also the game has a hard coded death window that they've shown no intent of dealing with.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Don't, as someone who actively plays it and is quite active in the game's discord server I can tell you that the devs are just fumbling forward in the game's development, have no intention of ever removing the early access tag, seriously overprice and overestimate offers and can't make up their mind if they want to support a passive or an active playstyle so they end up commiting to neither. Also the game has a hard coded death window that they've shown no intent of dealing with.
Will skip, thanks

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

That was me. It was Overcrowd and it's still 100% my GOTY.

The design is smart as hell and the presentation is just retro-chic gorgeous.

(Thanks for the heads-up on SF.)

I knew you because of the cute cat in the avatar. Couldnt remember your name and went 3 pages back and couldnt find you.

About top releases:

We measure top releases by looking at a game's total revenue generated during the first two weeks after its release.
But why
Edit: ok, i get why, to create a standard in the monthly summary without discriminating against games that launch towards the end of the month, as teh summary is done 2 weeks after the month ends more or less.

Last edited:

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a tip on how to delete an old EFI partition? I'm getting a feeling leaving that lying around on the HDD could cause problems for me in the future 😒

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Code Vein made it to Silver tier? That's really surprising. Haven't heard anyone talking about the game and it's not even out that long.

I guess anime tiddies and Soulslike is a winning combination for the Steam audience.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a tip on how to delete an old EFI partition? I'm getting a feeling leaving that lying around on the HDD could cause problems for me in the future 😒

Best move is to unhook the drive while installing windows onto your new drive. Then when windows is installed, hook up the drive via USB and format it like that. Then put it back in your system and windows will detect it and make it a slave drive.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
captureoikmo.png

capture28ojxd.png

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So nice to see Monster Hunter do well, even if Capcom are doing PC a bit dirty with the late releases.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Best move is to unhook the drive while installing windows onto your new drive. Then when windows is installed, hook up the drive via USB and format it like that. Then put it back in your system and windows will detect it and make it a slave drive.
but my stuff!!!
saw a guide about messing around with regedit, maybe i'll go that route.

or just leave it alone until everything goes to hell again.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
9/12 top revenue games are the same this year and last year. Next year I wouldn't be surprised if it's 10/12 now that Destiny 2 looks to be another of the extremely popular evergreen titles. Though I guess I would expect Civ VI to drop out barring a surprise third expansion.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but my stuff!!!
saw a guide about messing around with regedit, maybe i'll go that route.

or just leave it alone until everything goes to hell again.

Oh, if you really want to keep your second drive intact, then instead of formatting it, do what I said, install Windows with the data drive disconnected, then reconnect it, go into disk management, and then just delete the boot sector off the second drive.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Dicey Dungeons is sooo good. The game mechanics are great, but I hate the inventor dice, having to discard abilities goes against my digital diogenes syndrome.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone of you guys have experience with gaming laptops? Are they viable for grand strategy games or simulators?

Looking for something to spend my christmas bonus on.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, if you really want to keep your second drive intact, then instead of formatting it, do what I said, install Windows with the data drive disconnected, then reconnect it, go into disk management, and then just delete the boot sector off the second drive.
You'd think, but they grey out the option to do that.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
GreedFall made bronze with under 4 months of sales. Crazy.

Dark Souls III still charting everywhere too.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Moster hunter is probably 6 mlns sales by now. But we still had to wait 5 months for iceborne :))))

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Outer Wilds seems really special just by running around in that first planet, got it for around 10 euros with the epic coupon, but I can't stand that (choppy) 60fps lock it was giving me a headache, so I had to refund. I'll try again when it comes to PC gamepass, hopefully someone unlocked the fps by then, I can't do first person with low framerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.