• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Leave it to Ubisoft to ruin even treasure hunt quest in Odyssey. I wasn't this pissed in a long time.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for submitting the challenge. It gave me the motivation I needed to start up the game, and it's really fun. The combat system is fantastic.

That's exactly what I was hoping, enjoy!

There is a mutha truckin DARK CRYSTAL game releasing this week

There sure is!
anigif_sub-buzz-5242-1565720157-1.gif

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
A SFV themed thread, nice.

Hope that Platinum games Wonderful 101 kickstarter rumor is correct.

Also, reminder that FTL just added Steam achievements.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a worse feeling than realizing your pc had defaulted to the integrated graphics card for who knows how long instead of the fancy graphics card you made sure to get?

I'd wondered why things had been chugging along. Thought maybe my laptop was getting old. Nope, just default settings and an out of date driver.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Starting February strong, I'm still getting on my indie game backlog, and lately I just finished Night In The Woods. It's a game that I had on my radar for the longest of times (back from that Kickstarter, really), solely because the art direction is absolutely something right up my alley. It's just so stunning and unique, I'm in love with it. But the quality of the writing is what made me stay, the story is riveting, and very relatable, and the characters are all so charming and endearing. I loved interacting with every single one of them, I couldn't have enough of them and would squeeze any interactions I could. This game manages to tackle so many themes at once in very subtle and clever ways. It doesn't feel forced, it's just there, and it for you to pick it up or not. I really loved my time with it, even if the ending was a bit heh, but overall, what a lovely enthralling game with incredibly human and relatable characters. It was a great experience, I recommend it a lot!

X0QguU2.jpg

47h1Wev.jpg

SU2FGwe.jpg

I played it last autumn, seemed like the perfect time. You know, Weird Autumn Edition, he he.. he. Anyway, I had very similar feelings. One of my favourite characters turned out to be Lori and I prefered to spend the nights with Bea instead of Greg. Loved her route. I was also very surprised by how scary the game gets at times, didn't expect that at all.
While I had an overall great experience, I was also a bit confused by the ending.
Band practice was hard. And I wish, Demontower woudn't be so though as well, didn't make it very far. But holy shit, what a great game in a game. They could have released it as a spinoff alone.
From the extras, I enjoyed the story around Adina Astrea a lot as well.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Starting February strong, I'm still getting on my indie game backlog, and lately I just finished Night In The Woods. It's a game that I had on my radar for the longest of times (back from that Kickstarter, really), solely because the art direction is absolutely something right up my alley. It's just so stunning and unique, I'm in love with it. But the quality of the writing is what made me stay, the story is riveting, and very relatable, and the characters are all so charming and endearing. I loved interacting with every single one of them, I couldn't have enough of them and would squeeze any interactions I could. This game manages to tackle so many themes at once in very subtle and clever ways. It doesn't feel forced, it's just there, and it for you to pick it up or not. I really loved my time with it, even if the ending was a bit heh, but overall, what a lovely enthralling game with incredibly human and relatable characters. It was a great experience, I recommend it a lot!

I liked that game too, though I can not play it now without thinking about all those sad events that happened few months ago. Makes it even sadder and more melancholic

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I've been meaning to replay Night in the Woods for a long while now, hopefully I can this Autumn depending on what other games I am playing at the time.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking at SFV right now but I can't find the motivation to install it. I used to love fighters but as I got older I no longer feel like spending the time to master them.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I played it last autumn, seemed like the perfect time. You know, Weird Autumn Edition, he he.. he. Anyway, I had very similar feelings. One of my favourite characters turned out to be Lori and I prefered to spend the nights with Bea instead of Greg. Loved her route. I was also very surprised by how scary the game gets at times, didn't expect that at all.
While I had an overall great experience, I was also a bit confused by the ending.
Band practice was hard. And I wish, Demontower woudn't be so though as well, didn't make it very far. But holy shit, what a great game in a game. They could have released it as a spinoff alone.
From the extras, I enjoyed the story around Adina Astrea a lot as well.

Bea is just amazing, my favorite overall! Gregg is fun though, but not as interesting as Bea, in my opinion. I couldn't bother with the band practice mini-game, it was way too hard for me. And the Demontower bored me quick, to be honest, so I didn't bother much past the second level (I think?). And yeah, the extras were both pretty good, it was a nice way to leave this game and its lovely and unique universe. Truly charming on all accounts, I'm very fond of all of it.

I liked that game too, though I can not play it now without thinking about all those sad events that happened few months ago. Makes it even sadder and more melancholic

Yeah, seeing the ending credits pop up was really a punch to the guts, I gotta admit. It made me pretty sad.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like that Wondeful 101 Kickstarter rumor probably checks out given that Jason Schreier got behind it.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Since I fall off of so many games and install others, I've got a lot installed. I noticed my 1tb drive was getting pretty packed so I ran windirstat to see what the worst offenders were.

The winner by far was FFXV. 2x the size of GTAV!

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Since I fall off of so many games and install others, I've got a lot installed. I noticed my 1tb drive was getting pretty packed so I ran windirstat to see what the worst offenders were.

The winner by far was FFXV. 2x the size of GTAV!

I have a couple of games installed on my gaming laptop from 2014 but I use it to play low spec games (all the games installed are 2D, low spec or generations ago games like Duke Nukem 2, Quake 2, etc).

My current gaming desktop which I bought 3 months ago I only have one game installed: Assassin's Creed III.

I dont like keeping digital games downloaded in long instances - even my PS4 only has Driveclub installed despite 70% of my game library on PS4 being digital.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
After 4 hours of messing around, I somehow end up with 2 Warchiefs who both hate my guts because I Shamed them at some point. Except one of them ended up killing me while Deranged, and now he's even stronger.

Oops.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I want W101 on a platform I have a chance of owning, don't care which platform. I think that's my last WiiU-game-needs-porting ...game.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Forgot to pause humble monthly until I got the charge for it. Ugh. Hopefully this month's games are better.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Plague tale innocence and here is my review :
pctM4X8.png

Those sure were some bad rats, and
I am now their king ?!

For a more serious opinion - It was mostly good but outstayed its welcome, gotten really stupid by the end and culminated in the most annoying clunky trail and error boss fight in memory .

Oct 25, 2017
I want W101 on a platform I have a chance of owning, don't care which platform. I think that's my last WiiU-game-needs-porting ...game.

Wonderful 101 is like a top-ten favorite of the past decade for me, so the idea of it coming out on Steam is just the sort of insanity I'm all in on.

Though when Emily was talking a little while back about Nintendo not wanting to pursue a port, I was thinking Devolver could pick up the check. Maybe it's a bit out of their budget, though.

RonianAT

Jul 23, 2019
Man I love Dead Cells, would love to see that they expand the game further in the next few years! :)

Anyone here loves it like me?

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I am really bad at beating the first bosses in Enter the Gungeon

Couple of tips:

- Perhaps somewhat counter-intuitively, avoiding bullets by walking is often better than rolling, rolling has invincibility but it's easy to get hit while you're recovering from the roll.
- Save your screen clearing blanks for the bosses and use them there, as you get them back for free on the next floor.
- Save whatever more powerful gun/ammo you have for the bosses. You can use the marine if you want for a slightly more powerful default weapon.

You want to be able to no-hit the first couple of bosses, because that gives you an extra life container for each one, that extra life is a huge help later on. Once you learn the patterns/mechanics it's actually pretty doable on the earlier ones.

Last edited:

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
So I've rarely gamed on my PC my whole life besides playing a lot of Street Fighter 4 and 5. I bought COD: MW and I installed MSI Afterburner+Rivatuner because after watching so many benchmark videos I wanted to see how well my system can run the game at different settings. I have a Ryzen 2700x, 16GB DDR4 PC3200, and a 1660 Super.

I have a high refresh rate monitor so I wanted to make sure I was sitting around 90-100 on average and never dip below 60 at worse. I'm getting those numbers but I've had many hick ups where it falls to the single digits. Not for long or anything like that. Just a very short moment where it looks like the game paused for a quarter of a second. Anybody have any clue what might be causing that?

And I don't know if this matters but I decided to check my RAM speed to see if it was running at 3200 MHz. It was actually running at 2133 so I went into the BIOS and enabled the A-XMP thingy so it could run at full speed which it is now. No clue if it had anything to do with my problem but I just wanted to mention that.

Jun 2, 2019
Gotta remember to pause Humble monthly, I can't afford it this month.

I'm happy of my decision to pay last month though. I put more than 100 hours on Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 hooks me the same way the first entry did. Always trying to drive a bit better next time.

On the other hand, I can't get the hang of Elite Dangerous, too complex for me, I don't have the time to try learning to play.

Also, aiming to finish Blasphemous this month

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Did not like it. The combat really wore me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.