PC Gaming ERA | February 2020 - Tonight, imma fight, till my combo comes out right

closer

Oct 25, 2017
it may also be a straight shoutout to Codex; perhaps there was a spike in sales after the crack was released?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
There's a stat screen on xbox win 10 but it's not working for me, is there I setting somewhere I should switch?

Achievement counter goes up but the game stats don't show up.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
2020 bg3 seems so unrealistic
which makes it that much better that it is 100% coming in 2020, ty stadia

ugh itd be so nice if it came in 2020 lol

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Oh that all games delta site is nice. Shame it doesnt have RSS feed so I can add it to an RSS reader app.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if someone is from an Central or Eastern Europe country, they probably grew up on piracy and have a bit of a different attitude to it - see CDP Red/GOG.
I’m a software engineer not a business owner, and rationally why should I care if someone is stealing from the rich? I understand it’s different for those who dev solo or otherwise small devs though.

Tubie

2Bee or not Tubie
Feb 14, 2020
I managed to finish (?) Control and then Gears 5 this month.

On to Borderlands 3 I go!

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
2004 called and Direct2Drive want their limited downloads back.

I guess Epic still doesn't have way to create disks? Maybe they'll just ship it with epic installer.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
2004 called and Direct2Drive want their limited downloads back.

I guess Epic still doesn't have way to create disks? Maybe they'll just ship it with epic installer.
As far as i remember it was confirmed that Epic Luncher Installer will be on the disc not game files.

Also after playing Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea Episode 1 i realized how much i miss detective games. I would love to see something like N.Y Noire from R* or hell even Judgement from SEGA released on PC.

sredgrin

Oct 27, 2017
Should play Whispers of a Machine from the new Monthly if you want a detective game. Pretty good adventure game overall, though it did have a puzzle or two I hated.

Stygr

Oct 26, 2017
Larian is going to announce something BG3 related in 12 days.

I guess it's the Early Access release on Steam maybe? First gameplay trailer?
New CGI trailer?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Should play Whispers of a Machine from the new Monthly if you want a detective game. Pretty good adventure game overall, though it did have a puzzle or two I hated.
It looks nice but i am really not fan of P&C games. That is one of the reasons i couldn't play or finish Her Story even though i wanted to.

Tubie

2Bee or not Tubie
Feb 14, 2020
Wonderful email from MS this morning, cleared for take-off in Flight Simulator Alpha. Hotas is out but still downloading...

Well done, did you do the dlcs of Control as well? I am thinking going back to Control once all expansions are out. Amazing game.
I'm definitely interested in that, just need to wait till they come out.

Supbro

Dec 17, 2018
I was surprised to see Metro Exodus on Steam, I thought it would be the Epic Store exclusive forever.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Finally had some free time and managed to get my old PC dismantled and ready for disposal; the i5 2500k era is dead ;_;7 Long live Ryzen 5 era.

Its funny, despite building a new rig nothing feels like it has changed cause I ended up reusing my old Win10 install; I fucked up trying to do a fresh win 10 install on my Nvme ssd. Worked out better in the end I think because I managed to reuse my old setup and keep the Nvme drive exclusively for games now.

Windows dosent seem to give a fuck about the new hardware and running along smoothly, I always thought you had to do a fresh install on windows for new hardware but turns out you don't need to.

JaseC

Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
most things are 1 year exclusivity I think.
Yeah, everything that isn't Surgeon Sim 2 -- which is actually being published by Epic -- has a clock attached to it. There is that one indie studio who said they talked Epic up to a perpetual exclusivity agreement, but I suspect that's a white lie aimed at fence-sitters.

Late edit: As Arsenekinz says below, SS2 is actually self-published, per the official website and EGS store page. I was going off the announcement trailer, which mistakenly mentions that it's an Epic game.

Last edited:

Arsenekinz

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, everything that isn't Surgeon Sim 2 -- which is actually being published by Epic -- has a clock attached to it. There is that one indie studio who said they talked Epic up to a perpetual exclusivity agreement, but I suspect that's a white lie aimed at fence-sitters.
Surgeon Sim 2 is self published by bossa and is timed exclusive.