PC Gaming ERA | February 2020 - Tonight, imma fight, till my combo comes out right

HenryEen

Oct 27, 2017
Really feeling FF12 now. Love the visuals and soundtrack. The combat system is growing on me as well. It holds up surprisingly well a game that came out in 2007.
The only thing kinda bugging me is the JRPG bikini armor on Fran and Ashe. Other than that, I like all the character designs. Vaan's design is not amazing, but at least it's not as bad as Tidus with his uneven pant legs and clown shoes. The Judges are real badass looking. And the names in this game? Gabranth? Basch? Amazing. Love it.

Have fun! They're some of my favorite games. Be sure not to skip the DLC for Dishonored 1. Both Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches are really cool. They also set up Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider.
FFXII is easily my favorite game in the franchise.

Ivalice is among the few JRPG setting that can stand against WRPG when it came to worldbuilding/lore.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Does anyone use Steam Link to use their PC in a "headless" fashion?

Thinking of building a PC and instead of connecting it directly to my TV I'll put it in a closet in another room and use it over my network via the Steam Link app on my AppleTV or on my Macbook Pro if I decide I want to play something with a Keyboard and Mouse.

The only real downside I can see with this is that I'm limited to Steam-only games and not other storefronts.

Foorbits

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone use Steam Link to use their PC in a "headless" fashion?

Thinking of building a PC and instead of connecting it directly to my TV I'll put it in a closet in another room and use it over my network via the Steam Link app on my AppleTV or on my Macbook Pro if I decide I want to play something with a Keyboard and Mouse.

The only real downside I can see with this is that I'm limited to Steam-only games and not other storefronts.
I feel like you will need a small monitor or something to connect directly to the PC if / when something goes wrong with your setup. I use Steam Link on AppleTV a lot and it feels like 10-20% of the time I have to tinker with the PC somehow to get it to work properly.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I feel like you will need a small monitor or something to connect directly to the PC if / when something goes wrong with your setup. I use Steam Link on AppleTV a lot and it feels like 10-20% of the time I have to tinker with the PC somehow to get it to work properly.
I figure I can use TeamViewer to play administrator via my Macbook.

This is all just kinda brainstorming anyway.

TheGreenArrow

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
World of Horror in 3 days! Going to be sick. And only $15.

sredgrin

Oct 27, 2017
Daemon X Machina seems to be Xseed's biggest PC launch by far. 9k peak players, normally their games peak at highest around 1-1.5k. Also better than the other Switch "exclusive" Octopath Traveler which was around 6k.

Granted, most of their other games don't have multiplayer, so that was likely a big boost. But probably just hits a genre that is relatively underserved on PC.

Glad to see Xseed have a hit (relative to their size at least) given it seemed like they were getting screwed a lot and slowing down their releases (or just releasing some kinda lame stuff).

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Daemon X Machina seems to be Xseed's biggest PC launch by far. 9k peak players, normally their games peak at highest around 1-1.5k. Also better than the other Switch "exclusive" Octopath Traveler which was around 6k.

Granted, most of their other games don't have multiplayer, so that was likely a big boost. But probably just hits a genre that is relatively underserved on PC.

Glad to see Xseed have a hit (relative to their size at least) given it seemed like they were getting screwed a lot and slowing down their releases (or just releasing some kinda lame stuff).
Daemon X Machina regional pricing is great, meanwhile Octopath doesn't have any regional pricing.

And it's a mecha game. PC is severely lacking in mecha games department, heck we don't even have Armored Core.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I finally beat Life is Strange 1. It took me nearly 2 years to get around to it, asdf.
I binged the last 2 episodes this weekend. It was super intense, and I'm still a bit rattled. Maybe that's why I took these massive breaks between episodes before.
Great game.