• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Yeap.

It took me 6 PC restarts to start damn Red Dead Online today. And then i saw that 6/7 Daily Challenges are animal related but guess what Red Dead Online has issues with animals, you spawn on servers without animals often.
Hmmm I guess I should wait for another months before buying RDR2.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a cursory view of how their ban review goes and how it works for 90% of companies:
5C-Sef.gif

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they just partner with Tencent? How is a respected and (presumably) well-connected company like that unable to scrape together 500k? I won't be funding it despite being interested. Doesn't feel right.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they just partner with Tencent? How is a respected and (presumably) well-connected company like that unable to scrape together 500k? I won't be funding it despite being interested. Doesn't feel right.
Tencent paid for new games, Wonderful 101 was a bomb so big Nintendo didnt want to make a Switch port so yeah, I kinda understand the Kickstarter.

Still, 2 months (April 2020)? They have the game already done lmao. It takes like 1 month to have physical copies ready!

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018

Tencent probably wasn't about to fund them porting their mega-bomb. Judging from how low the price for the Switch port is, I'm guessing they already ported it but couldn't get the greenlight from Nintendo.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They answered in the FAQ. They had planned the remaster before the investment, and aren't willing (or likely, even able) to use thew new capital for the old project. Presumably applies to Babylon's Fall and Bayonetta 3 as well.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
They answered in the FAQ. They had planned the remaster before the investment, and aren't willing (or likely, even able) to use thew new capital for the old project. Presumably applies to Babylon's Fall and Bayonetta 3 as well.

Still, Platinum being unable to find a publishing deal otherwise? Seems strange.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

Luke from Linus Tech Tips was banned in WoW few weeks ago for 6 months and they wouldn't tell him why at first, then they told him after he bothered them for weeks that he was banned because he used forbidden 3rd party software and told him tnot to contact them again. And only after he talked about that on Linus podcast somebody from Blizzard hear it and called him to resolve things. And they told him that they actually never checked if he used any kind of software they just believed anti cheat flag.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
ill wait for it to be like 5$ or less like all the other platinum stuff, plus kickstarter sucks ass

Cool website and concept in 2012 but it just started getting worse and worse as projects tanked left and right with indies not delivering and people basically having outrageous goals or being completely unrealistic with their expectations on when they could deliver.

I liked backing something and then having radio silence for like 8 months to get a "don't worry we'll have an update soon guys! no worries!"

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Still, Platinum being unable to find a publishing deal otherwise? Seems strange.

The original release was literally one of the worst bombs ever, it's not that odd it would make other publishers gunshy.

Cool website and concept in 2012 but it just started getting worse and worse as projects tanked left and right with indies not delivering and people basically having outrageous goals or being completely unrealistic with their expectations on when they could deliver.

This didn't really happen but ok.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017

I liked backing something and then having radio silence for like 8 months to get a "don't worry we'll have an update soon guys! no worries!"
OT, but this is why I stopped contributing to video game kickstarters. Plenty of other campaign types, though, run by people who know what they're doing. (Most of my KS contributions have been to comics.)

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Well that was quick. I'm really happy to see this happen. TW101 is one of my favorite Wii U games.

For anyone who tries it for the first time on Steam, seriously consider looking up a tutorial on youtube or something beforehand. The game is pretty complex and does a terrible job of explaining itself.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
That feeling when you buy a Windows 10 Pro key and they send you a Windows 10 Home key.

And everything else on this build was going so smoothly.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
What did you get? I had to get new parts this week too.

9900k, 32GB RAM, 2070 Super, 2x1TB NVMe, 2TB Samsung 870 EVO, 750W platinum PSU, Noctua NH-D15, a handfull of noctua case fans, and a Fractal Design Meshify S2.

By far the most I've ever spent on a PC, but this is a workstation as well as a fun times machine.

EDIT - for reference, I am coming off of a 2600k, GTX 770 (2GB), 16GB DDR3 machine I got around 2012 (initially with a GTX580 in it, then upgraded to a 770 2 years later), so that should tell you how long this one will have to last me for.

I'm not super enthused about having to go to Windows 10, but I don't have much of a choice now.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
9900k, 32GB RAM, 2070 Super, 2x1TB NVMe, 2TB Samsung 870 EVO, 750W platinum PSU, Noctua NH-D15, a handfull of noctua case fans, and a Fractal Design Meshify S2.

By far the most I've ever spent on a PC, but this is a workstation as well as a fun times machine.

EDIT - for reference, I am coming off of a 2600k, GTX 770 (2GB), 16GB DDR3 machine, so that should tell you how long this one will have to last me for.

I'm not super enthused about having to go to Windows 10, but I don't have much of a choice now.
I'm coming off a 3570k. I just got a 3800x, 16gb of 3600mhz ram and an aorus elite mobo + a LG 27GL850-B which is apparently the best 144hz IPS monitor currently available. I still have my strix 1080, ssds and my case/psu. Got an Evolv X.

Wasn't planning on getting anything until the consoles are out by the usb controller on my old mobo died last week and then my monitor a bit later.

Planning on getting whatever the top end nvidia card is later this year.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My i7 Haswell has served me well, but its days are numbered I'm afraid. I'll probably wait for the consoles though, so I have a point of reference.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I'm coming off a 3570k. I just got a 3800x, 16gb of 3600mhz ram and an aorus elite mobo + a LG 27GL850-B which is apparently the best 144hz IPS monitor currently available. I still have my strix 1080, ssds and my case/psu. Got an Evolv X.

Wasn't planning on getting anything until the consoles are out by the usb controller on my old mobo died last week and then my monitor a bit later.

Planning on getting whatever the top end nvidia card is later this year.

I too got a LG27GL850. Haven't set it up yet as I don't have the right Windows license hahahaha. I hear it's great though! I've never had a monitor over 60Hz (well, I had a CRT monitor that ran at 75Hz at my engineering job 15 years ago, but that doesn't count hahaha), hopefully it doesn't ruin me for console games locked at 30fps. I'm pretty tolerant of low framerates. When I was poor, the only thing my $200 computer could play was Torchlight at about 7fps. Things are better now.

And yeah, I would have waited for the RTX 30XX models of GPUs, but I got a killer deal on my 2070Super (boxing day clearance), so I just ordered all the parts at once and shrugged. They took nearly a month to get here, but oh well.

I was going to go AMD, but the 3950x were more expensive than the 9900k (and out of stock near me) and the 9900k still edges it out in single threaded stuff (and Unity is still woefully single threaded on the dev side and that's mostly what I need it for). It's nice that there's competition in the CPU space again.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Relevant, from Gematsu's Wonderful 101 kickstarter interview:

—You mentioned Steam, so is the Epic Games Store not in consideration?

Kamiya:
"We are focusing on where the biggest user base is, so while we are open to other things right now we are thinking about Steam."

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Kamiya:
"We are focusing on where the biggest user base is, so while we are open to other things right now we are thinking about Steam."
Smaller games definitely benefit from being in a wishlist and people seeing it in trending and top sellers, obviously this is helped by most people having Steam open every day so they happen upon it easier.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I too got a LG27GL850. Haven't set it up yet as I don't have the right Windows license hahahaha. I hear it's great though! I've never had a monitor over 60Hz (well, I had a CRT monitor that ran at 75Hz at my engineering job 15 years ago, but that doesn't count hahaha), hopefully it doesn't ruin me for console games locked at 30fps. I'm pretty tolerant of low framerates. When I was poor, the only thing my $200 computer could play was Torchlight at about 7fps. Things are better now.

And yeah, I would have waited for the RTX 30XX models of GPUs, but I got a killer deal on my 2070Super (boxing day clearance), so I just ordered all the parts at once and shrugged. They took nearly a month to get here, but oh well.

I was going to go AMD, but the 3950x were more expensive than the 9900k (and out of stock near me) and the 9900k still edges it out in single threaded stuff (and Unity is still woefully single threaded on the dev side and that's mostly what I need it for). It's nice that there's competition in the CPU space again.

I actually couldn't order stuff before today because banks were closed and I had most of my money in the company acc and in cash so I had to go deposit it manually to my personal acc. (the ATMS here in Croatia only take our local currency for deposits and since I was ordering from Amazon Germany I just decided to wait until today to deposit Euros).

So by today they sold out both the 3700x and 3800x. Ended up ordering it from Amazon UK and it's gonna come to my pickup destination before the parts from Germany haha.

As for Windows my current license should still work, if it doesn't I'll just get a cheap one off reddit like I did before.

All that said I probably won't get anything by next Thursday so yeah, woulda been a lot easier if Amazon prime worked in non 1st world countries. (my parts will be delivered 2h and 35min away from me rofl)

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

Kamiya:

Alternate Kamiya: "epic store, do you eat shit?"

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I actually couldn't order stuff before today because banks were closed and I had most of my money in the company acc and in cash so I had to go deposit it manually to my personal acc. (the ATMS here in Croatia only take our local currency for deposits and since I was ordering from Amazon Germany I just decided to wait until today to deposit Euros).

So by today they sold out both the 3700x and 3800x. Ended up ordering it from Amazon UK and it's gonna come to my pickup destination before the parts from Germany haha.

As for Windows my current license should still work, if it doesn't I'll just get a cheap one off reddit like I did before.

All that said I probably won't get anything by next Thursday so yeah, woulda been a lot easier if Amazon prime worked in non 1st world countries. (my parts will be delivered 2h and 35min away from me rofl)

I've never had Prime, but I was shocked at how fast Amazon Canada was before Christmas with just normal post. I ordered a bunch of Christmas gifts for family members on a Sunday afternoon, selected regular mail and they came Monday by 10AM. I had never seen anything like that before. I live in the middle of nowhere too. I guess Amazon staffed up big time for the Christmas shipping season.

That said, all my computer stuff I ordered the day AFTER Christmas took long to come cuz they oversold their stock, so even though the stuff I ordered said it was in stock when I ordered it, they didn't actually have the numbers to fulfill them. So I had to wait until they got another shipment.

I'm fine with it. Working in retail and tech support in my youth has given me a extremely high tolerance for service company mess ups. I totally know how it goes and I'm not going to ruin some minimum-wage worker's day over having to wait a few weeks. I got a backlog of infinite indie games to play.

EDIT - on topic, ZERO RANGER is an EXCELLENT low spec game to play. Just lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.