• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Cgmqhmd.png

98tT02E.png

Street Fighter V - Champion Edition
- Uzzy

Four years after launch, the now somehow venerable fighter is starting to show it's age, so it's no surprise that the complete version of the game is now coming out. Featuring all the characters and costumes* and stages, SFV now also has actually functioning netplay thanks to a couple of modders in a cave with a box of scraps. Might even organise some lobbies this month.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?!
- bmdubya

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! is the third game in the Cook, Serve, Delicious! series that burst onto the indie game scene back in 2013. While the second game introduced some new mechanics, this new game is vastly different from the previous two.

While there has been some what of a story in the previous two games through an email system, CSD3 will throw you into a full single player campaign. You'll manage a food truck in war torn American in 2042. While driving between different stops, you'll prep your food ahead of time to serve hungry customers waiting at your next stop. The game will still have the frantic cooking gameplay of the previous two games, but will have a larger focus on an actual campaign and story, including voice acting for the first time!

As always with this series, the food art is absolutely amazing in CSD3.

Hearts of Iron IV - La Résistance
- Uzzy

The new DLC for Hearts of Iron IV focuses on a number of things, such as expanding on the role of the resistance movements during WW2, with brave souls fighting against the occupying forces anyway they can. Support them to strike at your enemy from below, or crush them from above through collaboration and oppression. There's also a rework for intelligence and encryption, with secret agents moving behind enemy lines to gather information, launch raids and cripple the enemies ability to fight. Unsurprisingly given the theme, this new DLC also includes a complete rework for the French national focus tree, better representing the fractious state of French politics before and during WW2, as well as opening up several alternative history paths (Legitimist, Orléanist or Bonapartist!). You can also declare ¡No pasarán! and fight in an improved Spanish Civil War, with enlarged focus trees for Republican and Nationalist Spain, as well as Portugal.

Just remember, though you die, La Résistance lives on!

Dead Cells: The Bad Seed
- Uzzy

To quote a friend 'It's fucking more Dead Cells, ya ****'s.'

gK65o0a.png

Kentucky Route Zero
- ListeningGarden

If you were to condense Kentucky Route Zero's themes much like a blurb for a topic on a message board, the resulting effect would be as densely saturated as a humid summer evening. Despite time being almost non-linear to the Zero and surrounding countryside, its residents and their struggle with hostile and uncaring systems of their damaged society speaks volumes to us now - where once proud nations stand face to face with decisions that may cause untold harm that affects everyone in its wake. It does so through layers of surreal imagery and scenery that at once feel unfamiliar and carry an aura of déjà vu. We've been here before. Maybe not here, exactly, aboard a boat with a mechanical mammoth churning to life as its inner gears grind painfully against each other, but somewhere just like it with people similar to our companions who have joined us on our journey.

Borrowing from several text-based game interfaces, point and click adventure games, and various mediums like film, literature and theater, Kentucky Route Zero always brings a new way of experiencing the world and its characters across all five acts and interlude chapters. It even comes with its own fully modeled phones for you to dial a hotline with! Even still, it is a bit of a slow burn that is best appreciated by those who would rather traverse every inch of the back roads than take the direct route, for every moment hidden away offers yet more bewildering glances into this world that's not quite our own. At times it may feel like a horror game, but a ghost is just what happens when a person is gone but still taking up space. Who are we to be so afraid of what the past left behind?

Uzzy
Complete at least Act 1. Also check out the excellent OT for this game.
JIfmoDo.png

SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions
- Taborcarn

ui4gB33.png

Can you fulfill the not-quite-intuitive set of tasks that will get the Volcano to erupt on any route? There's a hot reward in it for you, too!
GxAoYEU.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME/J- ROCK/POP.
  • Maybe try not to drive posters away for sharing their thoughts on video games, alright? If you're not wanting to purchase a game for any reason, and someone discusses it in entirely unrelated terms, you don't necessarily have to tell them that you're not going to purchase it for that reason. I know that's something I could do better myself. That's not to say you can't discuss that reason, of course, you just don't have to everytime someone mentions a game in an unrelated context.

LfFWMTH.png

LwKHelT.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Saga Scarlet Grace has one of the best jrpg battles systems out there and really makes you use your delay and status abilities in interesting ways. Definitely a game to pick up if you're a fan of the genre, crazy amount of variety in how side quests change the world map too as the monthly challenge hints at.

4 gifts from nded

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from nded nded!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

nded said:

These are our awesome prizes:

Jan 2, 2018
So,say I have never played WC3 before,should I still try the remake despite it not being faithful to the original?

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Journos: "Indie devs need more recognition"

Also Journos: "Lol no games are released in February!"

Tizoc thread seems to prove them wrong.
The article is not so bad and clarifies that there are indeed games coming out but compares with last year. I also think it is a quite nice (subjective) feeling to not add anything to the "to play"-list for once. Of course that could change if something turns out to be above expectation.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does HoI does that makes it unique compared to other Paradox games (besides obviously the setting and time period)?
Nothing I've seen until the Resistance DLC seemed really interesting, but this one speaks to me so I'd like to know if it would be worth it for me to spend 40 hours on yet another Paradox game I'll never fully understand.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
New thread.

PC Gaming ERA Reforged.

Uzzy has the moral rights to all of our posts here.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
What does HoI does that makes it unique compared to other Paradox games (besides obviously the setting and time period)?
Nothing I've seen until the Resistance DLC seemed really interesting, but this one speaks to me so I'd like to know if it would be worth it for me to spend 40 hours on yet another Paradox game I'll never fully understand.
HoI is a war game, not a grand strategy game. It is a completely different type of game.

Also do not buy HoI4 for that price, it goes for much lower on sales (currently 9 bucks on WinGameStore).

Also its on gamepass so you can try it there first and buy it later on Steam for good mods.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Why Travis Strikes Again got removed from the Humble Store? It was here with a 50% off during the NISA sale or something like that now I can't even find it on the store.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, my challenge is up :)
I was a bit ahead of the game, but here's my contribution. I don't know if this counts but that's ok.

eRUHZjd.png

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why Travis Strikes Again got removed from the Humble Store? It was here with a 50% off during the NISA sale or something like that now I can't even find it on the store.
You might be thinking of the Switch version, since AFAIK the PC version was only ever available via Steam.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I love that new thread smell in morning. I picked up CSD3 and Temtem yesterday. I'm excited to dig into both.

I also need to finish my first Claire run in RE2. At first I was disappointed because I thought it was gonna be exactly the same as Leon's playthrough and then you
get to the parking garage
and I was like "oh damn, this is completely different."

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to make a call on a monitor this weekend. I'm still in such paralysis over 16:9/144hz vs 21:9/100hz. I feel like I'd be getting the "full shebang" for less money by going 16:9, but can't shake the feeling that 21:9 would be an ultimately more transformative/immediately impressive experience.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Germany apparantly doesn't like those anime tiddy games. Many AO games on Steam have been blocked by the Medienanstalt Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein the past few days.
Not sure wether it's okay here to link to a reddit post that has a list linking to AO content.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I really want to make a call on a monitor this weekend. I'm still in such paralysis over 16:9/144hz vs 21:9/100hz. I feel like I'd be getting the "full shebang" for less money by going 16:9, but can't shake the feeling that 21:9 would be an ultimately more transformative/immediately impressive experience.

21:9 baby. Once you experience ultrawide gaming it's hard to go back. It's also amazing for movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.