• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So how is Daemon X Machina? I saw a couple of video reviews and it seems the game is just average, considering it costs 48€ here if I really get it on D1 I don't want another Octopath Traveler scenario in which some people told the game was amazing and I ended up on finding it boring at best.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So how is Daemon X Machina? I saw a couple of video reviews and it seems the game is just average, considering it costs 48€ here if I really get it on D1 I don't want another Octopath Traveler scenario in which some people told the game was amazing and I ended up on finding it boring at best.
It's fine. I think Armored Core games always review like that. The campaign drags a bit towards the end with a bunch of fights that just have waaaaay too much HP but despite the limited gear selection the game is pretty varied.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You've probably heard the sentiment before but...Sometimes I think everyone should have to work a public facing service or support job for 1 year so they can see what it's like. The world would be a better place probably.
Then everyone should experience delivering a fridge to the 6 floor in a building without elevators and then some more, crunching code for 48 hours straight etc.

Oct 28, 2017
So I beat Sekiro.
I never want to play that game again.
Sekiro is an absolutely terrible game, and I will never understand anybody who gave that piece of shit game of the year.

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I plan to get it on Steam, but my buddy said it was super repetitive and the frame-rate sucked.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's time to drop the hostilities and antagonizing each other. Senpai is right. We're above this.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro has some of the finest combat ever. Especially on the second playthrough when you get rid of the charm and are forced to perfect parry everything. So satisfying. It basically almost turns into a rhythm game at that point.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
I plan to get it on Steam, but my buddy said it was super repetitive and the frame-rate sucked.
The framerates is because of the Switch. Tried the demo and it's very rough.

The control also sucks but maybe it's because at that time I'm not used to Joycon. Then again I played Armored Core with reverse grip so eh

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing Endless Space 2 right now (I have been setting it aside for too long because Stellaris was always there). Amplitude is such a great 4X game developer. I can't wait for Humankind.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man Humble monthly or whatever it's called now really needs to do a "date reset"..... February games aren't revealed until like the 6th or 7th this month I think? Just make it the 1st of each month, it's been drifting further since it started. And with February being shorter it'll probably be even deeper in March if they're doing a set number of weeks, like the 10th?

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Then everyone should experience delivering a fridge to the 6 floor in a building without elevators and then some more, crunching code for 48 hours straight etc.

Ehhhhh....sort of. People deal with front line people most days of the week and the treatment applied to them is direct. I don't have a problem with anyone whining about how dumb a cashier was to their friend, even if it's unwarranted. Hauling a fridge up to the 6th floor is fighting with the fridge, not a person. Ditto for code. (I've done basically all of the above).

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Man Humble monthly or whatever it's called now really needs to do a "date reset"..... February games aren't revealed until like the 6th or 7th this month I think? Just make it the 1st of each month, it's been drifting further since it started. And with February being shorter it'll probably be even deeper in March if they're doing a set number of weeks, like the 10th?

Isn't it always on the first Friday of every month?

Oct 25, 2017
Man Humble monthly or what it's called now really needs to do a damn date reset..... February games aren't revealed until like the 6th or 7th this month I think? Like just make it the first, it's been drifting further each month. And with February being shorter it'll probably be even deeper in March if they're doing a set number of weeks.

It's the first Friday of every month. It's just a coincidence that the last day of January was a Friday.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
it's the first friday of the month, always (i think) has been

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it always on the first Friday of every month?
It's the first Friday of every month. It's just a coincidence that the last day of January was a Friday.
it's the first friday of the month, always (i think) has been

Oh whoops, didn't know that.

Well fuck the guy who made the calendar then! What kind of asshole makes the first Friday on the 7th, right!?

Hope it's a good month for Humble, haven't dipped into it for little while now.

3 gifts from Dangerblade

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from Dangerblade Dangerblade!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Dangerblade said:
Fanatical coupon small print:

Here's an extra 5% off your next order until the end of February. It cannot be used on Star Deals, pre-orders, Pick and Mixes or Nintendo games.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Deployment - Won by Wok Wok (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Downfall - Won by Cels Cels (2 entries)
  • Steam Steam: March of the Living - Won by Equirah Equirah (1 entry)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
cA8Owr7.png

Well that is one part of the game finished. That story and that ending were so bad. They stretched like 10h story to over 50h. And they did it mostly by doing similar quests over and over again. And even when you go through those 50h to finish Family questline you kinda get 0 payoff. Ending of that questline is so bad. But at least you get to see beautiful locations and meet more interesting people than in Origins. But i also must say that cities despite looking great kinda felt artificial.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If the next AC is bigger than Odyssey I'll have tap out tbh

And I enjoyed Odyssey

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I already have the base game (TS2020).

I've you've bought any of the previous TS titles it will always say you have the latest version as it considers it ownership of the base-platform.

What you're really paying for each year is the newly bundled trains & routes.

So if you get the Humble when you put the code in for TS2020, Steam will add into your library Norfolk Southern N-Line Route, Nuremberg & Regensburg Bahn Route, and Southampton - Bournemouth Route. That's before you even get to the 8 additional routes and 8 locos DLC in the bundle.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
If the next AC is bigger than Odyssey I'll have tap out tbh

And I enjoyed Odyssey

They can make it as big as they want to but their gameplay loop and writing simply can't support that. I mean i played damn game for over 50h and i felt nothing during those 50h. There are few deaths in the game that really should impact you and nothing. And i won;t even comment that ending, we went to that from things like this

But at least it looks like that same person who wrote those two is Narrative Director for AC Vikings.

1 gift from C4rter

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from C4rter C4rter!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Regions Of Ruin - Won by Equirah Equirah (1 entry)

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
Cards games and games passes are sucking all of my free time. I don't remember the last time I bought a game

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
cA8Owr7.png

Well that is one part of the game finished. That story and that ending were so bad. They stretched like 10h story to over 50h. And they did it mostly by doing similar quests over and over again. And even when you go through those 50h to finish Family questline you kinda get 0 payoff. Ending of that questline is so bad. But at least you get to see beautiful locations and meet more interesting people than in Origins. But i also must say that cities despite looking great kinda felt artificial.
I'm 26 hours in and I barely feel like I put a dent in the story. :/ We have lives Ubisoft.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like whenever people give thought about Ubisoft AAA game's story since PS3/X360 gen, they are almost always bad. They spent quite a resource on it with the mocap, voice acting, cinematic camera movement, etc. And the premise always sound interesting as hell on paper --- Assassin's Creed, The Division, Watch Dogs being a prime example.

Yet for all these potential, the execution never managed to be up to par. It's really weird.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Say what you will about Epic store, but at least they have regional pricing for the Caribbean. I have so much friends that wont look at pc games cause they find the price so high.

Asked steam if they were gonna add region pricing for the Caribbean and it seemed like it was just a long automated answer about publishers adding the price to make them appear here. Lol, that wasn't even my question.

Gog and the other stores gave a "we dont know when we will add them" answer. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.