• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be playing Madden for the first time soon after I'm done with RDR2, and considering I'm a noob I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I plan on playing the RPG-esque career mode first, then after a season I'll hop over to coach mode and try and make the games AI v AI. Gonna feel bad that I won't be able to yell "GET CREATIVE" at the players though.

Madden's franchise mode is.. "OK". I think it does a more serviceable job of the basics of what you want than FIFA does. I'm only new to it myself though so haven't gotten to the point yet where the lack of annual changes or improvements bothers me too much!

Jul 26, 2019
Is there any way to listen samples (like on Spotify with free account) from soundtracks on the Steam before buying them? I checked some albums but didn't see it. It would be nice to directly check some samples from store instead of searching from internet.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Kinda funny how E3 went from being one of if not the most hyped gaming event on this forum to: "It's what they deserve", "it's dead", "RIP"... etc. In one year...

Hrothgar

Nov 6, 2017
Kinda funny how E3 went from being one of if not the most hyped gaming event on this forum to: "It's what they deserve", "it's dead", "RIP"... etc. In one year...

While being the most hyped gaming event, E3 has been on a downward trajectory for years. I still tune in every year, but it has been getting less and less interesting year by year. Sony is just one of the last nails in an almost fully constructed coffin.

Although Keighly not participating had me do a double take, I was expecting influential "gaming personalities" to hang onto the dying corpse of E3 at least for one year longer.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I find it more exciting when news drops randomly throughout the year, like Directs, Sony state of plays etc rather than 1 event full of CG trailers a year.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I find it more exciting when news drops randomly throughout the year, like Directs, Sony state of plays etc rather than 1 event full of CG trailers a year.
E3 was fun when that was the only way to get a lot of information out to people. Journalists would go and write stories for magazines about the new games they saw and it was always fun to learn about those new games. But now a company can just be like "join us on Twitch for an announcement" and get better numbers than E3.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Only really liked the PC gamer show at E3 but since that became the 'will it be Epic exclusive PC gamer show' i just pick up the highlights after.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every day could be a gamer christmas
Indeed, that's how I've felt for a long time now. Would much rather have stuff spread out across the year, being able to pop up any time and be completely surprised and caught off-guard, than have a predefined time frame for the big stuff.

Plus, the thing is, E3 is indeed often compared to Christmas and stuff, but that's the thing... It's compared to such because of just how many announcements happen. And while that is cool, at the same time in it's own way, like, is that really a good thing to begin with? Because for like the super-AAA stuff, it doesn't really matter, but that's the thing, they'll be fine pretty much whenever they're announced. Everything else can easily, incredibly easily get lost in the shuffle though.

And obvious that's a problem that's likely impossible to completely solve.

But spreading things out, not having everything condensed to one huge "gamer Christmas" but spread out through numerous events throughout the year, in smaller bursts here and there, would certainly help at least a bit with that I feel.

Like, let me put it another way. Especially in recent years, it's become a trend on sites like this one to have "spoiler-free" threads for E3 for people to hang out in so they aren't spoiled on any announcements. It's easy to go onto tangents about "has spoiler culture got too far???" based on that, but why do people do that with E3 more than any other event, even moreso than things like Nintendo Directs? Because of course of the sheer number of things that are announced at E3 where many people want to, but just don't have the time to take that much in all at once and have to spread it out anyway, in their own ways.

There's just so much to take in, they need a spoiler-free thread to hunker down in, until they're able to actually do so. Even when people love it anyway, that's the thing, it really is a lot all at once (and of course, this is just as a fan it can be overwhelming. Really can't begin to imagine what it's like for the gaming press who have to try their best to actually report on all of that stuff as best as they're able).

Spread it all out over the year in the first place, not so necessary anymore, less to worry about in terms of stuff like that.

But yeah, that's how I've felt about this type of thing for years now, so if that's indeed the way things are going, I'd be more than okay with that.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I just read highlights of all shows nowadays

I don't have the patience or time to watch a hour or two of people going on stage and talking about gamers, blah blah , etc

Just give me trailers and announcements

I'd rather have a hourly release (from a company/companies) of trailers, announcements on a special announced day than a multi day event.

Cause in the end of the day discussions and speeches mean next to nothing.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a way to see the playerbase for The Division 2. I'm in World Tier 2 (so beaten the initial campaign, but there are still missions to do to get to WT5, which begins the endgame) so there's quite a bit of content left, but it's really hard finding people in the world to matchmake with. Especially disappointing coming from MHW which felt like it has a very healthy population and people of all levels freely join all missions.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a way to see the playerbase for The Division 2. I'm in World Tier 2 (so beaten the initial campaign, but there are still missions to do to get to WT5, which begins the endgame) so there's quite a bit of content left, but it's really hard finding people in the world to matchmake with. Especially disappointing coming from MHW which felt like it has a very healthy population and people of all levels freely join all missions.
Yeah, I've had to play it solo since my mates stopped playing it, and it isn't very solo friendly.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
How's GTA4 on modern PCs? I know they took the game off steam recently... Dunno if it's back but I already had it so I assume I can still redownload it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Logged into to TD 2 last week for the first time in months and literally couldn't find anyone to match make with to do th dailies.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's this banner

So7zYBK.png

Siri, enhance

81NwyzB.png

Even copcam hate street fighter 5 lol.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Its cause sony isnt there.
Era makes a lot more sense when you realize that for a big chunk of people, this is a Sony enthusiast forum, not a video game enthusiast forum.
Yep exactly.
I just read highlights of all shows nowadays

I don't have the patience or time to watch a hour or two of people going on stage and talking about gamers, blah blah , etc

Just give me trailers and announcements

I'd rather have a hourly release (from a company/companies) of trailers, announcements on a special announced day than a multi day event.

Cause in the end of the day discussions and speeches mean next to nothing.
Same here, usually I just go to Gematsu to see what new games they announced there.
The low world tier player base should be increasing because of the price reduction.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, scourgebringer is on Game Pass.

Early Access still, but easy way to give it a quick try to see if it's worth picking up later down the road.

Xbox app really needs a "I've played this / own it elsewhere" option so you can hide titles. I love the idea of the "Surprise me!" section but when it keeps suggesting games I've owned on Steam for years, can't say it gets the desired effect out of me.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
Rhyjkker, famous Diablo 3 youtuber, on Wolcen

Spoiler: it delivers

Well yeah Rhykker said he is sponsored by them and also his job is doing videos about ARPGs so you bet he's gonna try to hype up a new game any way he can so he can continue to sustain off of it.

I'm not too impressed it basically looks like D3 with some PoE mixed in (like the fugly art/animations and the socketing system). Almost every skill I saw was taken from D3, they blatantly copied the Demon Hunter including her skills and animations. I don't know why I would want to play D3 again especially when the story/lore is indie tier and can't compete in any way. This feels more like an opportunity for people to hop onto the Blizzard hate bandwagon than anything else. If people are still playing this a few years from now on, color me corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.