• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking, should early access games be "reviewable" on Steam? My first thought was that, well, they're not finished so it'd make more sense if "reviews" aren't marked positive or negative but are instead categorized as "impressions" or something along those lines. Then, once the game releases proper, you'd update those to a review and it's business as usual in user review land. I was just looking around and saw an EA game that came out yesterday marked as "mixed". I don't know. Feel like EA stuff should be given more leeway to learn from player input and not be punished for risky choices. Impressions still give you the info you'll need on purchase decisions. People will spell out in big bold letters at the top of the field whether it's worth playing or not, as they do now.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking, should early access games be "reviewable" on Steam? My first thought was that, well, they're not finished so it'd make more sense if "reviews" aren't marked positive or negative but are instead categorized as "impressions" or something along those lines. Then, once the game releases proper, you'd update those to a review and it's business as usual in user review land. I was just looking around and saw an EA game that came out yesterday marked as "mixed". I don't know. Feel like EA stuff should be given more leeway to learn from player input and not be punished for risky choices. Impressions still give you the info you'll need on purchase decisions. People will spell out in big bold letters at the top of the field whether it's worth playing or not, as they do now.

There are many other motives to punish early access games beside risky choices. The most common one I see is actually the devs not listening to player inputs or, even worse, abandoning the game in permanent early access state. Giving a thumbs down is the quickest way to send a message to the devs and warn prospective buyers.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
You should be able to review games in EA, as it is a piece of software you are buying. But I think most people tend to be more lenient on EA reviews in general as they can understand that the game is not fully finished and might evolve with time.

Still, it would be interesting to maybe divide the reviews of a new game launching on EA for like 6 months - 1 year after it finishes EA such that it has 3 types of review information:
-Recent reviews
-All reviews (after launching)
-EA review

That way you give EA games leaving EA and that have completely changed a better chance to show the quality of the product now / after fully launching (yes, I know that is what recent reviews is for).

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
When a game leaves Early Access, all previous reviews are marked as "Early Access Review" until they've been updated again. There's no easy way to filter between EA and post-EA reviews, though, short of setting a date range; there should definitely be such an option.

Last edited:

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Capcom would just mark every dlc as owned with this upgrade because knowing what you have and what you are missing is a pain in the ass now.
Is it though? You have everything that is on the store right now except the soundtrack.

Only stuff not included in CE is the CPT stuff that isn't up for purchase anyways.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is up with GTA Vice City on PC?I get stuck on loading screens all the time and it's because i turned off the frame limiter(otherwise the game is at 30 fps)?

Did anyone play the game recently?I read something about broken psysics at fps hiher than 30 and it can't be right?

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
What is up with GTA Vice City on PC?I get stuck on loading screens all the time and it's because i turned off the frame limiter(otherwise the game is at 30 fps)?

Did anyone play the game recently?I read something about broken psysics at fps hiher than 30 and it can't be right?

From what I understand, all the PS2 era GTAs are coded solely around being 30fps, going higher is going to break game physics and such. Not an uncomon thing for that time and you still see it very ocasionally in modern games, usually 2D ones (and the odd Square game like World of Final Fantasy) if game speed is tied to frame rate

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand, all the PS2 era GTAs are coded solely around being 30fps, going higher is going to break game physics and such. Not an uncomon thing for that time and you still see it very ocasionally in modern games, usually 2D ones if game logic is tied to frame rate

Interesting...I played the game for hundreds of hours on my old PC back in the day but i wasn't really aware of framerates at that time but i guessed that modern PCs would run a game like this at something like 300fps without any problems.

Anyway i looked and found some potential fixes so i will see if those work if not i will just have to get used to playing at 30.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Interesting...I played the game for hundreds of hours on my old PC back in the day but i wasn't really aware of framerates at that time but i guessed that modern PCs would run a game like this at something like 300fps without any problems.

Anyway i looked and found some potential fixes so i will see if those work if not i will just have to get used to playing at 30.

Hope it goes well!

Getting to play older games at higher frame rate is always so swell, alas sometimes expectations have to be in check on how feasibly they can be made to run at 60+fps. Reading up on it, it sounds like Vice City and San Andreas can with those hacks, albiet with some caveats

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Quick question: I think I can defeat the final boss in Indivisible, but can I go back and clear all side-quests after I complete the game?

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
CqGrIPf.png

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
My PC went the shitter yesterday and the wait for a new one is killing me. :(

Mine died last week after using it for 10 years and 2 days

Got the new one but had to do a lot of salvaging and transferring/installing

Almost back to normal - sucks I got limited time to work on stuff and because of that didn't have time to play games at all this past week :|

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Thx for reminder!

Btw, Black Mesa 1.0 candidate is now on beta branch.
steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Black Mesa :: Black Mesa Beta for 1.0

Hello Black Mesa friends, We have pushed a build to public-beta on Steam. This is our candidate for our release out of Early Access! If you are interested in helping us test, we would greatly appreciate it. You can find instructions on how to opt into the beta here: What We Are Looking For Most...

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here have Modern Warfare on Battle.net? Does it always have to redownload 70GB with an update? Happened 3 times now, I only play periodically and everytime I come back there's a giant patch.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished the first Legacy of the Blade story and the next one is just another "figure out who the main cultist" quest again. I wish they had come up with something different.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017

I haven't really got any games on epic's launcher but I was curios about Kingdom Come so I created an account a couple of days ago. I went to grab the game now, which worked I guess but as I was trying to integrate my account with GOG Galaxy it won't let me login. So I logout on the website and try to login again and now I keep getting "Sorry the credentials you are using are invalid".
I even tried to reset my password which worked but I still can't login.

sAt4lV1.gif

What the hell is going on?

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I haven't really got any games on epic's launcher but I was curios about Kingdom Come so I created an account a couple of days ago. I went to grab the game now, which worked I guess but as I was trying to integrate my account with GOG Galaxy it won't let me login. So I logout on the website and try to login again and now I keep getting "Sorry the credentials you are using are invalid".
I even tried to reset my password which worked but I still can't login. What the hell is going on?

You are already dead.jpg

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

they completely overhauled the game for the sequel, it looks nice is action instead of like a well made flash game.

store.steampowered.com

30XX on Steam

Jump, shoot, and slash your way through 30XX, the roguelike action platformer you can play with a friend! Explore lush, ever-changing worlds that mix precise platforming with fevered combat. Destroy fearsome Guardians. Master unique Powers. Rediscover the thousand years we've lost.

given 20xx was great I can't wait to see more of how things changed.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Folks who are getting Wolcen today. I'd love to hear your early reactions once you get a couple hours under your belt.

Oh damn, did it go up $10 since yesterday or am I misremembering the price?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Folks who are getting Wolcen today. I'd love to hear your early reactions once you get a couple hours under your belt.

Oh damn, did it go up $10 since yesterday or am I misremembering the price?

it's out of Early Access, so yeah, the price went up.

I bought it yesterday for 34 CAD. (It looks to have a cool 40k-like aesthetic). Now my Steam App says 45.5 CAD.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Borderlands 3 is on sale through gmg. Me and the wife already beat the campaign on ps4 but now that we have fancy pcs I'm interested to play borderlands 3 all over again but in a much better state, hmmm...

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

they completely overhauled the game for the sequel, it looks nice is action instead of like a well made flash game.

store.steampowered.com

30XX on Steam

Jump, shoot, and slash your way through 30XX, the roguelike action platformer you can play with a friend! Explore lush, ever-changing worlds that mix precise platforming with fevered combat. Destroy fearsome Guardians. Master unique Powers. Rediscover the thousand years we've lost.

given 20xx was great I can't wait to see more of how things changed.

wow people will be waiting a long time for that

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 is on sale through gmg. Me and the wife already beat the campaign on ps4 but now that we have fancy pcs I'm interested to play borderlands 3 all over again but in a much better state, hmmm...

Well, you could also wait until all DLC is out and buy even cheaper unless you want to play it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.