• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
everyone knew it was raising price when it left EA. I said it in this very thread many times.

The store listing said it would raise in price over time. It did not say what price it would end up at. It is not a leap to assume the pricing the day before the launch was the final price. So I am not buying it at this new price. I will wait for a sale.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Still no Indexes.

8M7kC1h.png

:(

Edit:

twitter.com

Valve on Twitter

“Pre-Order bonuses for anyone who has purchased a Valve Index will start rolling out the week of March 2nd, beginning with Steam VR Home environments inspired by locations in Half-Life: Alyx. We will have more information on upcoming Valve Index availability soon.”

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The store listing said it would raise in price over time. It did not say what price it would end up at. It is not a leap to assume the pricing the day before the launch was the final price. So I am not buying it at this new price. I will wait for a sale.

Did you not read the actual question? Answering "Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?" with "Yes. As the content gets implemented, the price of the game will increase progressively" doesn't exactly leave much room for interpretation, especially since the devs were very upfront about how much content the v1.0 patch would add -- the game has gone from being one act in length to having three and a separate endgame mode.

It wouldn't be unfair to say the devs could have done a better job of communicating the imminent price increase, but it's not as though they were trying to hide it or otherwise being coy.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Burial at Sea Episode 2 today. I liked it more than Episode 1 and i wish that entire Episode 1 took place at Rapture in full glory. But even though i liked Episode 2 more i must say that DLC overstayed it's welcome a bit. Episode 2 is Dishonored like but level design and gameplay variety is not there. Overall nice conclusion of Bioshock trilogy but i must admit that my story memory is rusty so i would need to read a bit about it to fully appreciate ending.

One thing that i realized after playing this game is how little sequels connected in similar way to this we got this gen. And that made me sad.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Finished Burial at Sea Episode 2 today. I liked it more than Episode 1 and i wish that entire Episode 1 took place at Rapture in full glory. But even though i liked Episode 2 more i must say that DLC overstayed it's welcome a bit. Episode 2 is Dishonored like but level design and gameplay variety is not there. Overall nice conclusion of Bioshock trilogy but i must admit that my story memory is rusty so i would need to read a bit about it to fully appreciate ending.

One thing that i realized after playing this game is how little sequels connected in similar way to this we got this gen. And that made me sad.
That reminds me, I think I only played Burial Ep 1, and that was some months ago (I too was very late to it). Do you know if the DLC is accessible from the start in the remaster? The remaster was free on PS+ this month, and I have the original game on 360. It's a pain when devs do a remaster but require you to finish the campaign first to unlock it, as I think Dishonored did, so if you'd previously played the base game but not the dlc, you can't just dive right in.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
That reminds me, I think I only played Burial Ep 1, and that was some months ago (I too was very late to it). Do you know if the DLC is accessible from the start in the remaster? The remaster was free on PS+ this month, and I have the original game on 360. It's a pain when devs do a remaster but require you to finish the campaign first to unlock it, as I think Dishonored did, so if you'd previously played the base game but not the dlc, you can't just dive right in.

Honestly I have no idea. On PC DLCs are accessible directly from main menu. And they are on separate save.

Oct 25, 2017
Steam labs recommends I play next.... borderlands remastered... because I once upon a time played the original borderlands and borderlands 2. Same thing for another game. I think I will pass on this play next feature.

Oct 25, 2017
Feature isn't something I would use either

I just play whatever I want whenever I want

At times I have no idea what I want to play. But this thing is looking at a game I played years and years ago thinking wow you got this newer game that is similar that you have not played yet... lol... but it is just a HD remaster of the game I have chosen to not touch for years.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It's also Lara Croft's birthday.

cqsfJu1.png

Did I redownload Shadow of the Tomb Raider and stay up past midnight just to take that screenshot? Yes I did.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I read about these large update sizes it just reminds me of the old PS1 days.

tKUSMe5.jpg

That's for PS2 though. PS1 memory cards were 128 KB. I basically backed up all my PS1 memory cards on to that thing and still had room to spare lol.

Speaking of storage, back in 2000 I had a 3 or 4 GB in my PC. I remember Unreal being really huge game at the time...something like 500-600MB.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
My only problem with witcher 3 graphics is that the metal armor moves and stretches like cloth. So distracting.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
People who kept saying HL:Alyx would get delayed apparently have no knowledge of Half-Life 2's troubled release history and what Valve went through during those months. They promised after that debacle that they would never announce a release date for a game again unless it was an absolute certainty.
Heck it's why we got Valve time and all the memes surrounding it.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
People who kept saying HL:Alyx would get delayed apparently have no knowledge of Half-Life 2's troubled release history and what Valve went through during those months. They promised after that debacle that they would never announce a release date for a game again unless it was an absolute certainty.
Heck it's why we got Valve time and all the memes surrounding it.
Portal 2 was delayed twice. From late 2010 to February 9th 2011 to April 18th 2011

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Can pc savvy people help me.

My laptop/windows 10 broke after yesterday update with Automatic Repair loop. Can't even access Safe Mode.

Startup repair, uninstall latest update and system restore failed.

I tried Reset This PC option, but after getting to like 40 or so percent, the laptop rebooted on its own and started the loop again.

My brother told me not to worry and that he will help reinstall the windows whn I got home in few hours.

I have zero clue when it came to these things, but am I fked ?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

My laptop/windows 10 broke after yesterday update with Automatic Repair loop. Can't even access Safe Mode.

I tried Reset This PC option, but after getting to like 40 or so percent, the laptop rebooted on its own and started the loop again.

My brother told me not to worry and that he will help reinstall the windows whn I got home in few hours.

Sounds like what I've seen before with someone's PC that I worked on from work.

Reimagining/reinstalling Windows will fix it...however if possible I would try to salvage any data that you can (involves taking the harddrive out and connecting it to a harddrive dock (had to do this with my old PC when it died last week).

Once you got everything, then just put the harddrive/SSD back in the computer and have your brother reinstall Windows (which basically will delete everything you had prior - hence why try backing up your data).

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017

I would make a backup if you can because when you reinstall windows it will wipe your data but that should fix it. I had that happen to me on my old pc. Reinstalling windows fixed it but it wiped all of the data i had on my hd and i didn't have backups so i lost everything.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan

Reimagining/reinstalling Windows will fix it...however if possible I would try to salvage any data that you can (involves taking the harddrive out and connecting it to a harddrive dock (had to do this with my old PC when it died last week).

Once you got everything, then just put the harddrive/SSD back in the computer and have your brother reinstall Windows (which basically will delete everything you had prior - hence why try backing up your data).

IF they are willing and has access to another PC onen just put linux on a USB and boot from it. Move stuff to an external or something.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you, that help put my mind at ease.

Will keep in mond for backong data. Fortunately the laptop only had non important stuff on it (only games really).

After a bit of tweaking it seems like there is some broken file that prevent windows from booting. Tried running sfc scannow but got access denied error :/

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Thank you, that help put my mind at ease.

Will keep in mond for backong data. Fortunately the laptop only had non important stuff on it (only games really).

After a bit of tweaking it seems like there is some broken file that prevent windows from booting. Tried running sfc scannow but got access denied error :/

Yeah..that could be anything from a botched Windows Update or something that was installed that shouldnt have been installed lol.

IF they are willing and has access to another PC onen just put linux on a USB and boot from it. Move stuff to an external or something.

Personally not a fan of Linux (experienced it when I used to work in a previous job - its okay but I prefer Windows though).

But ya backing up your data is essential - that is what I do nowadays - actually have my data backed up on three different external drives on top of having it on my main PC lol.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Goose Game winning DICE GOTY award is kinda sad. So many better games out there that nobody paid attention to. Hell Supraland was better game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, Dice awards, totally known for their meme love.

This thread is so fucking pissy sometimes.

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
It's a nice little game, sure. But better than any other game released last year. No. It's a social media phenomenon. Gamers love memes. Heck the whole internet loves memes. But this shouldn't be the deciding argument for winning GotY imo.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, Dice awards, totally known for their meme love.

This thread is so fucking pissy sometimes.

There is no way for me to say that Goose game deserved this award when games like Disco Elysium, Supraland, Outer Wilds, Sekiro and many others were released same year. I see Goose game as evolution of Goat Simulator, with better design and more focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.