• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah except there's no other games, this is the quietest start of a year possibly ever. I think it has more to do with the game being indie and having been EA.
There's like 50 games being released every day. Plus reviewers are still trying to work through the backlog that's accumulated over the past year.
They can't just drop everything to focus on Wolcen, especially when they've got soulless PR reps breathing down their necks all the damn time.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In case of Wolcen reviews Gamestar (biggest german gaming site) actually put up a review, that was later withdrawn by the dev because the copy they got was from a preview built (despite them sending it out specificially as a review copy with an embargo for February 12th).

The reviewable build was actually only complete on release day so it's only logical there aren't any reviews out yet.
You can read about it here if you know german:
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/was-lief-schief-beim-wolcen-test,3354235.html

So in this case it's more of a fuckup from the dev/PR than a "Professionial reviewers only care about AAA-console games!".

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
In case of Wolcen reviews Gamestar (biggest german gaming site) actually put up a review, that was later withdrawn by the dev because the copy they got was from a preview built (despite them sending it out specificially as a review copy with an embargo for February 12th).

The reviewable build was actually only complete on release day so it's only logical there aren't any reviews out yet.
You can read about it here if you know german:
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/was-lief-schief-beim-wolcen-test,3354235.html

So in this case it's more of a fuckup from the dev/PR than a "Professionial reviewers only care about AAA-console games!".

if only that's where that game's problems stopped lol. that was ages ago, shit is literally on fire and it's a huge bummer but what u gonna do.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished MassEffect 3 with all the dlc. I turned everyone green.

Interesting playing a game of that age right after something like Outer worlds. No fast travel, huge ship with a dumb scanner thing you have to go through constantly, takes ages to do a lap and talk to the crew, a journal that's not as useful as it could be, etc etc.

Glad to have finally played the last game of a franchise I've enjoyed, but would probably have enjoyed it more if I'd played right after the dlc and extended cut came out rather than all these years later.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a good thing I waited on Wolcen after all with the reviews complaining about it being unpolished, released early, and server issues. Cements my decision to wait for a sale.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a good thing I waited on Wolcen after all with the reviews complaining about it being unpolished, released early, and server issues. Cements my decision to wait for a sale.
Never buy games day 1

udQ8vq3.jpg

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone use Steam Link app here? I can't for the life of me figure out why my framerate drops so much when trying to play a game through Steam Link app on Apple TV and it's driving me nuts. My GPU usage just tanks and so does my frames.

MHW playing at 1440p on the PC I'll average around 80-100fps, but as soon as I try to stream via Steam Link at 1440p, 1080p, 720p the GPU usage drops and even at the loading screen my fps drops to like 47-48. Ive tried like every combination of settings via Steam, nothing improves it.

My setup...
PC: 8700/RTX 2080/NVME SSD's, 16GB RAM
Monitor: LG 1440p 144hz Gsync Compatible
TV: LG C9
Steam Link Device: Apple 4KTV

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Teggy seems that there is something that was discovered in Heavens Vault regarding Renba:

So it seems he survived the fire but was found dead on a place with a hopper. I guess he jumped into a place without atmosphere and died? Probably found a way to use the telescopes to hop around and used that to escape that island where the king was and ended up dying on a shipwreath. Or he had a second ship that he managed to break.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

It got me craving that game type so I just went through my backlog. Turns out I never actually played Path of Exile so I'm getting into that instead.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Teggy seems that there is something that was discovered in Heavens Vault regarding Renba:

So it seems he survived the fire but was found dead on a place with a hopper. I guess he jumped into a place without atmosphere and died? Probably found a way to use the telescopes to hop around and used that to escape that island where the king was and ended up dying on a shipwreath. Or he had a second ship that he managed to break.
Ooooooooooh.
But then, how did the first ship crash if he wasn't in there? Especially since the crash has happened not long before you reach the place? Did he teleport from inside the ship for some reason, but ended up teleporting to a random shipwreck instead of a livable space?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

well that's super weird

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Ooooooooooh.
But then, how did the first ship crash if he wasn't in there? Especially since the crash has happened not long before you reach the place? Did he teleport from inside the ship for some reason, but ended up teleporting to a random shipwreck instead of a livable space?
I dont think the first ship crashed, but he rather burned the ship up to bring the King back to the Loop. Now on why he would appear on a random place with a hopper? No idea. He might have jumped to a wrong place or was forced to jump and died due to lack of atmosphere.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Why did the devs force this online stuff?

I heard that character deletion also happens in offline mode. The game is a mess and I kinda saw it coming when they announced the full release date.
I don't get it..

They've been struggling with developing, balancing, and bug squashing Act 1 with only 20 levels in early access all these years. And all of a sudden the 2nd and 3rd Acts are now supposed to be ready in January? How does that even work?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Chapter 1 of Yakuza 0 last night. I like story but it already feels a bit stretched out and I hate save system. I am getting used to the combat but i still think that it is really bad.

Jun 2, 2019
www.gog.com

GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES

Originally released in 1999 as a new generation in the highly popular FATAL FURY Series

store.steampowered.com

GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES on Steam

“GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES”, the latest entry in the legendary "FATAL FURY" Series which still continues to fascinate players around the world to this day, returns for a new fight on Steam!

Why the Steam version is 2 expensive?

It's also on sale in GOG too.

The GOG version got also the net code update, right?

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Finished Chapter 1 of Yakuza 0 last night. I like story but it already feels a bit stretched out and I hate save system. I am getting used to the combat but i still think that it is really bad.
The pace of the first few chapters of Yakuza is indeed rather slow. IIRC the game start opens up when you reach Chapter 4 and there's a mod that allows you to save anywhere, except in certain specific parts of the game. Not sure if the mod's still working though.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Don't think that was necessarily an online character. Offline characters can get deleted randomly according to something I read earlier.

While there is a save "deletion" bug, it's not a random thing, AFAIK. Crytek, in all its infinite wisdom, didn't think to account for special characters when designing CryEngine's save system, so if your Windows username is, say, káfiend, CryEngine games won't be able to save data in C:\Users\káfiend\Saved Games. Prey17 had the exact same issue at launch, which lead the false assumption that also having Prey06 installed would break the game (the two do install to the same directory, but they have completely different file/folder structures, so neither actually interferes with the other).

IIRC, Arkane patched the oversight very quickly, so I assume it's an easy thing to fix.

Last edited:

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
The combat system gets better as you put more and more points into ridiculous combos and skills. That's the core of it. I never found it satisfying at the combat level but it does get better as you spend money. The story is good but don't rush it. I did that and it wasn't as satisfying, I missed a bunch of the side-quests.

Jun 2, 2019
Yes, it's the same as the Steam version, but drm-free. In fact I don't understand the price difference, the best price for the game was 5€ from Fanatical last week, on GOG it costs less than 2€.

I bit as soon as i saw the price. I have a 8bitdo Gbros adapter to use my Wii Classic Controller and SNES mini controllers with it, being both perfect for Neo Geo fighters, and I'm in the mood for some SNK online fighting even if I get mercilessly trampled.

That's some stupidly good price for Garou

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
There's no crossplay between the GOG and Steam versions of Garou, so keep that in mind if you plan to play it online.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
While there is a save "deletion" bug, it's not a random thing, AFAIK. Crytek, in all its infinite wisdom, didn't think to account for special characters when designing CryEngine's save system, so if your Windows username is, say, káfiend, CryEngine games won't be able to save data in C:\Users\káfiend\Saved Games. Prey17 had the exact same issue at launch, which lead the false assumption that also having Prey06 installed would break the game (the two do install to the same directory, but they have completely different file/folder structures, so neither actually interferes with the other).

IIRC, Arkane patched the oversight very quickly, so I assume it's an easy fix thing to fix.
Interesting info. Thanks :)

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything that shows the achievement completion rate of games on steam. Ive been playing a bit of the legend of Bumbo. Ive been really surprised at how high a percentage all the achievements have.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017

You can edit some file to have safe anywhere if you edit some file.

Everyone who says the Yakuza combat system is bad is a bad person.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Idk when the Realty missions open up but I'd still recommend you do them as soon as you can access them. If Im not wrong, you can complete the whole thing as soon as you get access to the missions but the proper thing to do would be to juggle them along with the main story and side quests so that you get a better variety of gameplay.

Kiryu's grappler style is an absolute beast late game and boxer style makes you nearly untouchable with just a few upgrades.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
You can edit some file to have safe anywhere if you edit some file.

Everyone who says the Yakuza combat system is bad is a bad person.

The combat system is not bad. It's just that the combat is.....boring. So many repeated fights, against the same kind of dull enemies, in those boring streets that look so much the same everywhere.

The fun parts of Yakuza 0 are great, but there's just so much dull padding.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
The combat system is not bad. It's just that the combat is.....boring. So many repeated fights, against the same kind of dull enemies, in those boring streets that look so much the same everywhere.

The fun parts of Yakuza 0 are great, but there's just so much dull padding.

You could argue that's pretty much every RPG

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
It occurs to me that it's time to ask for recommendations for next month! Not much out next month.

98tT02E.png

Some notable releases next month include:
Think that's all the big releases next month. Right MRORANGE ?

gK65o0a.png

• Nothing Suggested Yet, but I have some ideas!
JIfmoDo.png

• Nothing Suggested Yet, but again, I have some ideas.
I think you are missing a game that consists of three words.

Status
Not open for further replies.