• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Two days left to get 25% off

store.steampowered.com

The Suicide of Rachel Foster on Steam

Coming back to the family hotel after years, a young woman finds herself trapped with the ghosts from her past and an old cellular telephone as the only way to unveil a terrible truth.

MmLZJIW.png

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything identifiable about a GOG version of a game? I'm curious if as soon as a game appears on GOG it becomes the most popular version of the game on torrent sites.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
The pace of the first few chapters of Yakuza is indeed rather slow. IIRC the game start opens up when you reach Chapter 4 and there's a mod that allows you to save anywhere, except in certain specific parts of the game. Not sure if the mod's still working though.
i recall a save anywhere mod. as long as you don't use it during cutscenes, you'll be golden.

AFAIK a patch removed the ability to mod in Save Anywhere.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It occurs to me that it's time to ask for recommendations for next month! Not much out next month.

98tT02E.png

Some notable releases next month include:
Think that's all the big releases next month. Right MRORANGE ?

gK65o0a.png

• Nothing Suggested Yet, but I have some ideas!
JIfmoDo.png

• Nothing Suggested Yet, but again, I have some ideas.

yup that seems like all of them.

mill be totally up for writing about DOOM Eternal, will send you something soon.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
It occurs to me that it's time to ask for recommendations for next month! Not much out next month.

98tT02E.png

Some notable releases next month include:
Think that's all the big releases next month. Right MRORANGE ?

gK65o0a.png

• Nothing Suggested Yet, but I have some ideas!
JIfmoDo.png

• Nothing Suggested Yet, but again, I have some ideas.
I was thinking of Black Mesa as a challenge at some point, but 1.0 is currently just in the beta branch on Steam so maybe wait for it to be moved over to main before I come back with it?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The pace of the first few chapters of Yakuza is indeed rather slow. IIRC the game start opens up when you reach Chapter 4 and there's a mod that allows you to save anywhere, except in certain specific parts of the game. Not sure if the mod's still working though.
The combat system gets better as you put more and more points into ridiculous combos and skills. That's the core of it. I never found it satisfying at the combat level but it does get better as you spend money. The story is good but don't rush it. I did that and it wasn't as satisfying, I missed a bunch of the side-quests.
i recall a save anywhere mod. as long as you don't use it during cutscenes, you'll be golden.
You can edit some file to have safe anywhere if you edit some file.

Everyone who says the Yakuza combat system is bad is a bad person.
Idk when the Realty missions open up but I'd still recommend you do them as soon as you can access them. If Im not wrong, you can complete the whole thing as soon as you get access to the missions but the proper thing to do would be to juggle them along with the main story and side quests so that you get a better variety of gameplay.

Kiryu's grappler style is an absolute beast late game and boxer style makes you nearly untouchable with just a few upgrades.

Save anywhere thing doesn't work anymore. And main issues i have with combat are unresponsiveness and kinda half assed dodge mechanic locked behind one style. So many times game didn't registered my button press for dodge. Also there is a lot of stun locking in game where you can't do anything until enemy combo finishes.

And i really must say that from what i saw in first 2-3 hours made me appreciate Sleeping Dogs even more. It is kinda Yakuza re imagined as Triads with better combat and more streamlined gameplay.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Khrumbul-Dun in DQB2 at about 40 hours. Still having a really great time and am kind of amazed at all the stuff they continue to pack in here, but man too much of that 40 hours was taken up by mindless fluff dialogue and little transitions, animations, and tutorials. It's that classic JRPG/Dragon Quest baggage I suppose.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck to the Mutant Year Zero devs, their new game Corruption 2029 looks decent but not only is it EGS exclusive, but it has also had zero marketing.

Only seen it because I went on to redeem AC: Syndicate for free.

1 gift from vastag

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from vastag vastag!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
That bundle is great.

Anyone knows how the rest of Bundlefest usually is? Is the first one always a big opener and the rest like lackluster?

That's exactly how they do it.

Good luck to the Mutant Year Zero devs, their new game Corruption 2029 looks decent but not only is it EGS exclusive, but it has also had zero marketing.

Only seen it because I went on to redeem AC: Syndicate for free.

That looks like an XCOM mod for Mutant Year Zero. Did they just reskin it?

7 gifts from The era of Luigi

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 7 gifts from Era of not Yakuza Era of not Yakuza!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Era of not Yakuza said:
These are some random old Humble Bundle codes that I forgot

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: 11-11 Memories Retold - Won by Rellik Rellik (4 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Evergarden
  • Steam Steam: SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising - Won by Igniz12 Igniz12 (4 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Grand Theft Auto III - Won by RR30 RR30 (3 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Won by Randomly Generated (8 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Epistory - Typing Chronicles - Won by Cross-Section Cross-Section (4 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Grey Goo Definitive Edition

Black Soma

Oct 27, 2017
So DreadOut 2 is coming out this thursday. The first one was a simple but pretty decent Fatal Frame-inspired game.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
First Yakuza 0 sidequest - Dealing with ring of high school girls selling their underwear. Yeap this game is made in Japan.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
havent been this bummed out about a game (Wolcen) in a very long time. When it works I love it, and like, im at 55 hours atm (lets shave 10 of those off which were beta) so its not like Im not getting my money's worth, but the server/online/bug issues are literally impossible to defend.

All I can say is "sigh"

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Khrumbul-Dun in DQB2 at about 40 hours. Still having a really great time and am kind of amazed at all the stuff they continue to pack in here, but man too much of that 40 hours was taken up by mindless fluff dialogue and little transitions, animations, and tutorials. It's that classic JRPG/Dragon Quest baggage I suppose.

I absolutely love DQB2 but I agree the over-explaining of simple things and the amount of unnecessary dialogue is annoying. Hope you enjoy the third part, that was probably my favourite!

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Decided today to finally start playing Dishonored 1, and the GOG release was a nice coincidence. I was going to play 2 through Game Pass since I didn't own it yet, but I went ahead and just bought the entire bundle. Looking forward to playing through all three games in the next few weeks.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Really feeling FF12 now. Love the visuals and soundtrack. The combat system is growing on me as well. It holds up surprisingly well a game that came out in 2007.
The only thing kinda bugging me is the JRPG bikini armor on Fran and Ashe. Other than that, I like all the character designs. Vaan's design is not amazing, but at least it's not as bad as Tidus with his uneven pant legs and clown shoes. The Judges are real badass looking. And the names in this game? Gabranth? Basch? Amazing. Love it.

Decided today to finally start playing Dishonored 1, and the GOG release was a nice coincidence. I was going to play 2 through Game Pass since I didn't own it yet, but I went ahead and just bought the entire bundle. Looking forward to playing through all three games in the next few weeks.

Have fun! They're some of my favorite games. Be sure not to skip the DLC for Dishonored 1. Both Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches are really cool. They also set up Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider.

Last edited:

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pathfinder Kingmakers kingdom minigame is starting to piss me off. It's way too obtuse and poorly explained.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
All I want to do right now in RDR2 is hunt. Gotta find those perfect rabbits and save up for a long scoped rifle.

I don't think I would care for an actual hunting game but this is weirdly compelling.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Have fun! They're some of my favorite games. Be sure not to skip the DLC for Dishonored 1. Both Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches are really cool. They also set up Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider.
Oh yeah, definitely not skipping the DLC. I've heard too many great things about all the DLC for the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.