• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
This whole shitshow with Activision/Blizzard and now Bungie makes me so glad Valve is a private company. Just imagine if Steam was run by people who set these ridiculous corporate profit goals that were pressured by corporate and shareholder expectations. Steam as a platform wouldn't even be 1/10 as good as it is today.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Also Destiny 2 now coming to Steam? Or more likely Epic store?

Destiny 3 is definitely gonna be exclusive to Epic launcher lol.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Soooo.

Anyone take a guess that some little Chinese company bought shares in Bungie?
Let's call them 0.10$

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

Destiny's entire development history is such an incredible shitshow.
Glad i don't care.

Wasn't battle for middle earth 2 on steam at some point? Can't find it

EA hasn't had the licence to sell their LotR catalogue for 10 years now.
And even if they did, it would be on Origin, but not steam.

Also Destiny 2 now coming to Steam? Or more likely Epic store?

Destiny 3 is definitely gonna be exclusive to Epic launcher lol.

Bungie seems to dislike Valve strongly, so it probably wouldn't be on steam either way,

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
But we can finally lay the argument to rest, that Destiny 2 was a resounding success, right?

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone else had controller issues with Edith Finch on PC? Mine worked perfectly the first time I launched the game, but it won't respond to controller input at all since. Deleted the config files and it did nothing, so currently trying to uninstall and reinstall the game.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie seems to dislike Valve strongly, so it probably wouldn't be on steam either way,

What did Valve ever do to bungie? I think if anything they just dislike PC gaming as a whole it seems.

But we can finally lay the argument to rest, that Destiny 2 was a resounding success, right?

The first Destiny is still the biggest debut of this gen in terms of $$$ I believe. Destiny 2 didn't do as well obviously but still should have done decent. Hopefully they have enough $$$ to be on their own for a while and maybe build their own platform longterm like CDPR, Valve etc. I have a feeling either MS or Sony will scoop them up tho.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
What did Valve ever do to bungie? I think if anything they just dislike PC gaming as a whole it seems.

They were MAC weirdos. Always had a dislike for PC
https://kotaku.com/5796019/when-halo-was-on-the-mac-and-was-a-totally-different-game

The first Destiny is still the biggest debut of this gen in terms of $$$ I believe. Destiny 2 didn't do as well obviously but still should have done decent. Hopefully they have enough $$$ to be on their own for a while and maybe build their own platform longterm like CDPR, Valve etc. I have a feeling either MS or Sony will scoop them up tho.

Biggest Debut says nothing if you had to invest Millions into fixing the game.
Also, unless they were secretly poached by another Publisher, I think Bungie now has a somewhat bad reputation in regards to being "easy-to-work-with". I can only imagine how the big publisher are reluctant to give Bungie any kind of large deal now. There god-like Halo-developer star is long gone.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Turns out i was wrong, it was activision banning Valve (And epic funnily enough) from getting the chance to develop Destiny content, not the other way around

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117426-Activision-Says-Valve-and-Epic-Cant-Make-Destiny

The licensor is Bungie not activision and the document states:

Licensor hereby expressly disapproves of Valve, Epic and Gearbox as potential third
party developers for Conversions (unless such third party developer should become an Activision
majority or wholly-owned studio), and Licensor cannot disapprove of the use by Activision of an
Activision majority or wholly-owned studio), and Licensor shall otherwise provide production, QA,
associated management services, and other reasonable assistance to Activision and any internal
Activision studio or third party developer in connection with the development of any such Conversions.
BqnECc2.png

http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/

For those that cannot access due to GDPR: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ctivision-contract/+&cd=1&hl=it&ct=clnk&gl=en

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
I always thought it was weird that Bungie fought so hard to go independent from MS and then later sign a 10-year contract with Activision who are arguably even a worse publisher.

At least this time they made sure to keep the rights to their IPs.

DasFool

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, everyone. Don't know if anyone here can help, but here goes. I recently got a new graphics card, the Radeon RX 590, and it's been causing a massive amount of frame stuttering in the few games I've tried out (Fortnite, Shadow Warrior 2, Warframe, Monster Hunter). Even in 1080p and very low settings, the frame rate will fluctuate between upper 100s and lower 50s, making the image just jump around a ton. The GPU usage looks something like this in all of the games I've tried.

yABp9a0.png

It's paired with a i5 7600k at stock speeds so a CPU bottleneck seems unlikely. If anyone has more insight into this topic, I'd appreciate the replies. Thanks.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Hi, everyone. Don't know if anyone here can help, but here goes. I recently got a new graphics card, the Radeon RX 590, and it's been causing a massive amount of frame stuttering in the few games I've tried out (Fortnite, Shadow Warrior 2, Warframe, Monster Hunter). Even in 1080p and very low settings, the frame rate will fluctuate between upper 100s and lower 50s, making the image just jump around a ton. The GPU usage looks something like this in all of the games I've tried.

yABp9a0.png

It's paired with a i5 7600k at stock speeds so a CPU bottleneck seems unlikely. If anyone has more insight into this topic, I'd appreciate the replies. Thanks.

This is a dumb question, but are your drivers up to date?

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Rift today, much better gameplay experience than the PSVR, just gotta find the absolutel best places for the 2 sensors I got for 360 roomscale setup and something to mount them with.

Still, gotta give it to Sony, they did very well with the PS VR for that price and the technology (PS Camera and Move controllers) that they have.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Destiny's entire development history is such an incredible shitshow.
Glad i don't care.

EA hasn't had the licence to sell their LotR catalogue for 10 years now.
And even if they did, it would be on Origin, but not steam.

ahh okay cheers, I thought I saw the cover of the game during a sale one time, might have been for another lotr game

Deleted member 3856

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Usually SEGA port days are happy days but it's kinda hard to feel optimistic now with Epic ready to fuck things up at any second. :/

Speaking of, has there been any clear indication whether Division 2 is another timed exclusive or a full one? It seems to me like Ubisoft are finally gearing up to leave Steam altogether but it's really weird that they're moving to another third-party store instead of just retreating to Uplay only.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What are the most graphically impressive games in the last 3 years? I mean technical not art style, stuff that just looks amazing at high settings.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Aren't games from Epic's store supposed to be DRM free? Both Subnautica and Edith Finch are crashing when I'm trying to run the exe without Epic's launcher open.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly, Epic just don't provide any DRM tools themselves. Developers are free to use whatever DRM they want.
They actually provide a DRM tool
One that the Subnautica devs started using shortly after the giveaway ended
which makes the game unplayable offline because there's no offline mode on the Epic Store

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They actually provide a DRM tool
One that the Subnautica devs started using shortly after the giveaway ended
which makes the game unplayable offline because there's no offline mode on the Epic Store
Oh great. I remember them not providing a DRM tool was literally one of the selling points when they announced the store (a stupid one, but one that seemed to work considering I had to deal with a tonne of posts on here about how they embrace DRM free gaming like GOG despite that obviously being BS)

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's a free games thing? idk. I remember reading Ashen and Hades (basically the only things that really matter in the store right now) were drm-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.