• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I just noticed there were literally people in that thread calling for people who use the trainer to extend their playtime beyond 30 minutes to be banned from Era for piracy.

Just for extending their playtime. Lmao.

In a world where extending time for a demo is considered evil but being charged for playing online is good.

What a timeline we live in.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I haven't enjoyed a game in a while, as much as I did that Resident Evil 2 demo. It just sucks I have to play on the lowest setting with a GTX 780 and an i5 4670K 4C/4T, and every time I changed any of the settings it would bug out and make it all dark so I couldn't see a single thing. So I reversed to default settings and played it on the lowest. The controls was super smooth, and I loved how inventory and everything was handled. Wish it was on 30% sale somewhere. It has been leading up to the release, but I wonder if it'll hit that sale soon again.

If I buy the full game, will it also bug out like in the demo when I change the visual settings? I would like to raise some of the settings, but in the demo it would just make it all dark so I couldn't see anything.

Last edited:

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quoting the OP but where the Discord link should be it still says "Hidden Content" am I doing something wrong?

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Not really PC related but dont know where else to post this but I just finished Kirby Planet Robobot Main story and love it!

Also this theme song is my favorite in the OST (Despite remixes of some of my fav songs in the series lol)

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
i could live with physics at 30. the blocks already move slowly, so i don't really think it's going to be a noticeable thing. worst case scenario, i just refund it.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
How did the Catherine and Tales of Vesperia ports turn out guys?
Vesperia is great. I'd recommend people to use the Special K microstutter fix (which removes a Sleep(1) command that the game likes to during important rendering calls, honestly what the hell QLOC?), with that it's pretty good. I did have two crashes early on, though, one costing me about half an hour of gameplay (admittedly, I forgot to save when I entered the world map right away, so I guess part of that is on me for getting used to auto saves)

I only played a little of Catherine, the framerate does go all over the place, it was fine during the hour of it that I played.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
My Time at Portia is leaving Early Access on the 15th, and the price is rising from 19.99 to 29.99. Actually very tempted to grab it as its a genre that I've been wanting to get into / try for a long time and this looks like a fantastic "one of those" (your harvest moons / stardew valleys / whathaveyou)

rough release date tho with Onimusha and RE2 around the corner >_>

edit: Fanatical has it 20% off for 15.99€

GMG has it 22% off for 15.59€ (not sure if theres any coupon atm?)

Wingamestore has it 20% off also but its actually cheaper for Euros, 13.99€

Last edited:

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So apparently Capcom fixed the achievement bug on Mega Man Legacy collection and I was able to fix MML on my gaming laptop (had to reinstall one of the MS visual installers and do windows updates on my laptop which was outdated lol).

Playing through Mega Man 3 (right where I left off)!

Edit: Also Rewind mode is OP but I love it lol - I dont have the patience to play it like the NES/GB days :X lol

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Waddup my computer cowboys

I just read that thread, great thing to wake up to.

AmusedCourteousDegus-size_restricted.gif

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Snagged Portia earlier in the week when the EA date was revealed. In the mood for a relaxed game I can listen to podcasts during, everything I've been playing lately is stuff that's too intense, or has VO or music I want to prioritize.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Not really PC related but dont know where else to post this but I just finished Kirby Planet Robobot Main story and love it!

Also this theme song is my favorite in the OST (Despite remixes of some of my fav songs in the series lol)

Kirby is cute and totes adorbs. I don't mind the games being easy and I quite enjoyed Robobot.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
So apparently Capcom fixed the achievement bug on Mega Man Legacy collection and I was able to fix MML on my gaming laptop (had to reinstall one of the MS visual installers and do windows updates on my laptop which was outdated lol).

Playing through Mega Man 3 (right where I left off)!

Edit: Also Rewind mode is OP but I love it lol - I dont have the patience to play it like the NES/GB days :X lol
I thought the PC version didn't have the rewind? Did they add it in or am I confused?

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I thought the PC version didn't have the rewind? Did they add it in or am I confused?

They added it about a month ago but the update caused a issue where half of the people (including me) couldnt start the game because it uninstalled/or corrupted microsoft visual c++ 2015 (reinstalling it fixed it) but it also caused a bug/glitch where no one was getting achievements.

They sent out a new update earlier today and alls working now.

I'm gonna play the rest of The Vagrant before I play Mega Man 4, 5 and 6.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
They added it about a month ago but the update caused a issue where half of the people (including me) couldnt start the game because it uninstalled/or corrupted microsoft visual c++ 2015 (reinstalling it fixed it) but it also caused a bug/glitch where no one was getting achievements.

They sent out a new update earlier today and alls working now.

I'm gonna play the rest of The Vagrant before I play Mega Man 4, 5 and 6.
Oh man that's rad. I'm definitely gonna get back to finishing up the rest of the collection.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
D7sTtCN.png

F.E.A.R.
- MRORANGE
More than 13 years and F.E.A.R. is one of the most visceral shooters out there, the combination of it's frantic shooting game-play and AI that still stands up today and even better in some regards. It's a classic for any PC gamer and a game that everyone should at least play once. The game is just a fun shooter and one of my favourite of all time, include bullet time, horror elements and shit-ton of particle effects and you understand why people still love this game. I highly recommend if you are revisiting the game to play without slow-mo on the highest difficulty. brings a whole new challenge to the game.

People who have completed the game:

xM8izhq.png

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
- MRORANGE
Get the achievement: The Devil is in the Details
You must choose Super Street Fighter II: Turbo and reach Akuma, this require you not to lose any matches or rounds. Luckily you have save states to help you out on this one.

People who have completed the challenge:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
If I played a game on Steam with cheevos while Offline, but cheevos didn't unlock, how can I force them to be unlocked when next Ir un the game online?

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
Steam's tag preferences system disappointed me today. I tried manually adding custom 'shovelware' and 'jigsaw puzzle' tags to a few "games" to see if I can filter out some crap and make browsing the new releases a bit easier. But it seems it's not actually possible to filter out anything based on such custom tags, only on tags that are popular enough to show up as suggestions. For example, the new releases queue preferences page simply won't accept them - pressing "Add" under "Exclude products with this tag" does nothing.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
AZGTCKI.jpg

i've decided to make my room ALL ABOUT FROGS

anyways, high rank monster hunter is a little bit less interesting so far, in that it sort of reached that same point as toukiden that the story sort of climaxes but then it didn't and now you get some padding by making you fight bigger number versions of the same monsters

not really complaining cos i still need more time to try different weapons and such, but would be nice if they sprinkled a few differences to the high rank versions here and there

anyways i replayed the morah whatever mission twice cos i got that event thing and i don't wanna play that shitty ass mission ever again lol....

Remember to download the PS+ games!.
you're an angel!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Oh yeah Walking Dead S4 Ep. 3 releases soon, too bad some GOG users CAN'T even buy the bloody game to continue Clem's adventure.

You do realize you DON'T need to download PS Plus games to own them right? Just add them to your cart, check out and that's it, they are yours for as long as you are a plus member.
Unless you mean you wish to play them soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.