• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
Do any of the sites like GMG, CDkeys, Voidu allow transactions in yen? Or is there an equivalent when making purchases from Japan? Asking for a friend. I saw the recent ban on "gray market" resellers and was curious if anyone is still able to buy from said places or others.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone played this? How representative of machine learning is it? I'm itching for a programming game and it's between this and Human Resource Machine.

I have no background in any of the concepts it associates itself to, but had fun figuring out each puzzle as it went along. While I have 'completed' what was there, I do plan to return to solve them optimally to get them all to 'gold' level, rather than 'bronze/silver'.

I think you'll definitely be able to tell if its your thing or not in the 2 hours before refunding if it isn't.

sanhora

Oct 25, 2017
Do any of the sites like GMG, CDkeys, Voidu allow transactions in yen? Or is there an equivalent when making purchases from Japan? Asking for a friend. I saw the recent ban on "gray market" resellers and was curious if anyone is still able to buy from said places or others.
Would that even matter if you buy through something like Paypal where it gets automatically converted? In some cases the bigger problem might be that the keys are region locked to EU/NA, but that's usually made clear on the store page.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
What's the cheapest place to get Metro Exodus? Think I can squeeze it in my schedule even though I have yet to play Last Light. Really liked 2033.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like soon you'll be able to embed images to forum posts on Steam

xPFBI2H.png

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
Would that even matter if you buy through something like Paypal where it gets automatically converted? In some cases the bigger problem might be that the keys are region locked to EU/NA, but that's usually made clear on the store page.

Asking for a friend but that's good to know. In that instance I was more curious if there was JPN/Asia equivalent AR for keys that can be redeemed there.

Kremling

The Fallen
Dec 15, 2017
Has anyone who participated in the Project Stream Odyssey thing gotten their copy of Assassin's Creed on Uplay?

Because uhh, I haven't and I played more than an hour

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I dont know what is going on with my inventory. I put items for sale on the market, I confirmed on my phone app (this is still stupid and I dont think it is supposed to happen anymore) but they are still in my inventory.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Godfuckingdammit Paranormal Activity: Lost Soul is scary. I usually never have any problem with horror games, even RE7 on PS VR isn't much scary, mostly because I already played it, but damn, Lost Soul is creeping me out. Just as I entered the house and seeing a creepy painting I noped out.

Last edited:

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Godfuckingdammit Paranormal Activity: Lost Soul is scary. I usually never have any problem with horror games, even RE7 on PS VR isn't much scary, msotly because I already played it, but damn, Lost Soul is creeping me out. Just as I entered the house and seeing a creepy malery I noped out.

You should get Organ Quarter, a Silent Hill-esque VR game.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I dont know what is going on with my inventory. I put items for sale on the market, I confirmed on my phone app (this is still stupid and I dont think it is supposed to happen anymore) but they are still in my inventory.
My inventory was kind of buggy when I sold some shit the other day. Like the listing wouldn't always take, and making it again would put it on confirmation queue but the prompt never popped on my mobile, and similar stuff like that. Had it been during sales time I would have assumed it was weird server issues, but it was after the sale and just kind of weird. I just kept making listings until everything worked.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Chaos;Child is enormously big (think 60-70 hours long) monstrosity that never justifies its length. The protagonist is probably one of the biggest pieces of shit (perverted, useless insect without an ounce of charisma or charm) you'll find in any form of fiction
I'd argue you're just describing Okabe. Or Takumi from Chaos;Head.
Takuru is... dunno, conceited and immature? And the payback he receives should more than make up for whatever it is about him you didn't like. Heck, schadenfreude alone should make the game worthwhile for you.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Godfuckingdammit Paranormal Activity: Lost Soul is scary. I usually never have any problem with horror games, even RE7 on PS VR isn't much scary, mostly because I already played it, but damn, Lost Soul is creeping me out. Just as I entered the house and seeing a creepy painting I noped out.
Go download the PT fan remake before they pull it.

Oct 25, 2017
Completely failed on my goal to finish a couple more games before GOTY voting so went ahead and put my ballot in.

1. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
2. Yakuza 0
3. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
4. Unavowed
5. GRIS

DLC: Un Pueblo De Nada
Early Access: Slay the Spire

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna offer a different take.

Chaos;Child is enormously big (think 60-70 hours long) monstrosity that never justifies its length. The protagonist is probably one of the biggest pieces of shit (perverted, useless insect without an ounce of charisma or charm) you'll find in any form of fiction. The character development takes so long you stop caring about what happens to these people. Overall, it reads like a poorly written fanfic.

So, if you think that investing dozens upon dozens of hours into a VN that has maybe 15-20% of interesting content out of its entire length is worth it, than you'll enjoy it.

70 hours? ffs

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I'm surprised Bungie got out, I honestly expected them to fold somewhere in the middle of this year and became a call of duty map factory.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
There's no ingame counter, and PS4 doesn't count playtime, so I can't really say how long it took me exactly.
Around 60 hours for platinum, and that's with listening to all of voice acting.
Common route takes roughly 35 hours, then there are 4 shorter (5-7 hours each) character arcs, and then there's a epilogue/true route similar to Steins;Gate one (also around 5 hours)
But yeah, it's a long game.

Last edited:

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Do Achievements unlock in offline mode? I'm going to be offline for a couple of months cause of financial issues and I still want play in offline mode. I hope offline mode works this time, It didn't work when I was forced offline back in 2012-13 :(

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Do Achievements unlock in offline mode? I'm going to be offline for a couple of months cause of financial issues and I still want play in offline mode. I hope offline mode works this time, It didn't work when I was forced offline back in 2012-13 :(
Pretty sure they show up when you go online.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017

Damn even the little poster is freaky lol.

header.jpg

Think I'll make myself a cup of tea and watch a Lets Play...

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
There's no ingame counter, and PS4 doesn't count playtime, so I can't really say how long it took me exactly.
Around 60 hours for platinum, and that's with listening to all of voice acting.
Common route takes roughly 35 hours, then there are 4 shorter (5-7 hours each) character arcs, and then there's a epilogue/true route similar to Steins;Gate one (also around 5 hours)
But yeah, it's a long game.
Still less than Dies Irae!

Status
Not open for further replies.