• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
0687sgR.png

EfSbeZ4.png

2B0QzXu.png

Feudal Alloy
- NeuralProxy
A tin robot branding a sword in a steampunk medieval world with a fish in a bowl as its head. I mean, you can't really think of a better lead character than this, can you? Oh, and the robot is called Attu, or maybe it was the fish... or maybe both, I don't know. The funny thing is that Attu Games is also the name of the Czech studio making the game.

Feudal Alloy is a hand-drawn action adventure 2D game with metroidvania mechanics that promises to give the player full power on how to develop the main character and to offer different routes to take and different enemies to face depending on how you feel inclined and on which skills you chose to acquire.

Will Attu and the fish (or maybe it's a single being? Really, I don't know) be able to find their way home? Let's find out on January 17.

Onimusha
- QueenOfHunting
Onimusha for me is one of capcoms hidden gems and for anyone who likes souls games or that formula i feel this is kinder where that sort of genre started, capcom peaked for me with onimusha games. i cannot recommend this game enough to anyone, its also getting a giveaway on the scale yakuza did by me

Life is Strange 2: Episode 2
- Uzzy
Life is Strange 2 – Episode 2: Rules, from DONTNOD Entertainment, sees the continuation of Sean and Daniel Diaz's journey, fleeing from a tragic incident in Seattle and on the run from the authorities as they make their way south to Mexico while trying to conceal and investigate a strange supernatural power. As winter strikes and the cold weather bites, the brothers are forced to seek shelter at their grandparents house, encountering a certain spirited young captain along the way.

While it may have taken a little longer than expected for the second episode to arrive, I'm confident that the devs can build upon the great work they did in the first episode, setting up the central relationship between the two brothers and sending them on a highly politically charged journey. Sean and Daniel are interesting characters and I really want to see more of their growth in dealing with and recovering from tragedy. Episode 2 of Life is Strange 1 was certainly 'the moment' that hooked me and I'm sure many others into Max's life, so hopefully we'll see the same here.

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
- texhnolyze
JRPG fans darling Tales of Vesperia is probably the best game in a long line of Tales of games, all of which have prided themselves on great storytelling, lovable characters, and a unique free-action battle system. 10 years after it was originally released, it's finally coming out on Steam in the form of "Definitive Edition" with updated full HD graphics, brand-new music tracks and mini-games, bosses, and a collection of unreleased costume DLC . Tales of Vesperia is a tale of trust, friendship, and adventure which most JRPG fans should experience. Beautifully rendered in cell-shaded anime artstyle, it'll be hard not to find yourself thoroughly enjoying everything about this engaging JRPG.

D7sTtCN.png

F.E.A.R.
- MRORANGE
More than 13 years and F.E.A.R. is one of the most visceral shooters out there, the combination of it's frantic shooting game-play and AI that still stands up today and even better in some regards. It's a classic for any PC gamer and a game that everyone should at least play once. The game is just a fun shooter and one of my favourite of all time, include bullet time, horror elements and shit-ton of particle effects and you understand why people still love this game. I highly recommend if you are revisiting the game to play without slow-mo on the highest difficulty. brings a whole new challenge to the game.

People who have completed the game:

xM8izhq.png

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
- MRORANGE
Get the achievement: The Devil is in the Details
You must choose Super Street Fighter II: Turbo and reach Akuma, this require you not to lose any matches or rounds. Luckily you have save states to help you out on this one.

People who have completed the challenge:

zIlAMZZ.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK/POP.

xOQEs5n.png

tGKe2ZK.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this hidden link that you need to quote:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
UmkBhI8.png

It's that time of year again! Last year we got 152 people taking part, lets try and best it this year!

The categories for voting:
  • Game of the Year Award
  • DLC of the Year (Optional)
  • Early Access of the Year (Optional)
  • Turd of the Year (Optional)
last years results: https://www.resetera.com/threads/steamera-games-of-the-year-awards-2017.19342/

ApBR42R.png

Read the rules first and send MRORANGE a PM to ask for a link to the Google form.

t1547942400z0.png

The categories for voting:
  • Game of the Year Award
  • DLC of the Year (Optional)
  • Early Access of the Year (Optional)
  • Turd of the Year (Optional)

GOTY Awards:
  • Up to 5 choices can be submitted, points based system:
    5th Choice (1 points)
    4th Choice (2 points)
    3rd Choice (3 points)
    2nd Choice (4 points)
    1st Choice (5 points)
  • For 1st Choice you will need to write a response on why you have chosen it as your GOTY.

Other awards

• DLC / EARLY ACCESS / TURd are all optional voting criteria, one vote for each criteria
Do not...

• Do not choose DLC or Early Access as part of the GOTY criteria
  • Do not submit the same game more than once
  • Do not vote twice, if there is a problem contact MRORANGE
  • DOo not submit a game from previous years or from future years

You can...
  • You can submit games from other PC store fronts this year (GOG / Origin....)
  • You can submit less than 5 games, but you must submit at least 1 game.

Other small notes

• Any rogue votes or tampering will result in the vote/s being disqualified.
  • Do not share the link, it is only for you and it is to verify who has posted.
  • If there is a problem please contact MRORANGE.

- Deadline: Sunday 20th January at 00:00 GMT / 19th January at 19:00 EST

Last edited:
OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I hope that's everything! Give a shout if I have missed your recommendation.

Also please vote and a have a happy new year!

MRORANGE

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I can't vote... I want to but I only got my machine a week or so ago.

This thread will be a good place to pick up games I've overlooked for my wishlist!

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't vote... I want to but I only got my machine a week or so ago.

This thread will be a good place to pick up games I've overlooked for my wishlist!

You have 18 days, plus you can always choose a muti-plat game as long as it was also released on PC.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The PC Gaming Era Awards 2018 ceremony will be held on Saturday 28th January 2019 at 10pm GMT time. (TBC)

Wear a tux.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
My first real PC gaming device finally died tonight while I was trying to update the GPU driver to one that was supposed to work better.

Specs:
Radeon HD 7970M
Intel i7-3610QM

I had a lot of good times. My first game I ever played on this laptop was ARMA 2 for the DayZ mod. From there I went on to Play Rust regularly for 2 years and various other games.

I had a lot of fun it was a great 6 years and I'm happier than ever to be apart of the PC gaming community.

A good start to the New Year!
nZsKICg.jpg

mm7TDGN.jpg

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why we are still entertaining a SteamEra thread, when the dawn of a new gaming platform has risen. From now on, we are EpicEra.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I had the urge to play the Lightning Trilogy for new years, but alas none of them are installed, and the external hard drive I think they're on I'm missing the cable for (fucking USB mini b cables why did you exist)

So instead I'm all about this at new years.

New_Years_Plans.png

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
My first real PC gaming device finally died tonight while I was trying to update the GPU driver to one that was supposed to work better.

Specs:
Radeon HD 7970M
Intel i7-3610QM

I had a lot of good times. My first game I ever played on this laptop was ARMA 2 for the DayZ mod. From there I went on to Play Rust regularly for 2 years and various other games.

I had a lot of fun it was a great 6 years and I'm happier than ever to be apart of the PC gaming community.

A good start to the New Year!
nZsKICg.jpg

mm7TDGN.jpg
Rest in peace ;_;7

Time to derust.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I just realise why I'm experiencing ever so slight screen stutter in all my games...

I have no mouse pad and the wooden surface I'm on has a finish that is slightly sticking to the mouse as I move it. Tried it on a book cover and it's smooth.

Why did no one remind me to buy a mouse pad! D:

(ordered mouse pad)

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna attempt FEAR during the month for sure. I haven't played it since around the time it came out. Had lots of fun times at LANs after they made the multiplayer a free download.

Also, that game's "retro" and I'd already finished school by the time it released. MRORANGE, I don't feel so good....

Might do the Street Fighter one as well. I'm pretty sure I can get to Akuma but not beat him. Default difficulty is okay?

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

I did wanna suggest this but I'm not completely sure it's coming out this month, devs haven't been too clear about the release.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Wait
You want me to track down Gouki?!?!?!??!
Would reaching him in sf3 second impact be enough? :x

FEAR
i will try to squeeze it into my gameplan foe the month.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What are worthwhile FEAR mods to install? Pcgamingwiki offers a variety of options to tinker with but itd be neat id there was a fan patch or mod that enables wideacreen etc.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it safe to create my own character in Fallout 1 or am I going to screw it up and be gimped?

I wonder if pcera is watching xtina about to bomb.

Last edited:

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
Is it safe to create my own character in Fallout 1 or am I going to screw it up and be gimped?

I wonder if pcera is watching xtina about to bomb.

There was a Fallout thread somewhat recently where folks were talking about some of the reasons F1 holds up so well; once you know what you're doing, you can literally speed run the whole thing in 15 minutes. And you can also replay with a variety of builds; sneaky and smart, dumb and strong, loves pray and spray machine guns and has bad luck.

So you should be just fine with whatever you want. I will say, you're probably going to miss a lot in combat when you're low level no matter what you pick, and you'll also probably want to save scum some things like lock picking and...defusing explosives? But you'll probably be reloading anyway if you mess that 2nd one up.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Just keep in mind certain perks require certain skills and skill levels. Don't spread yourself out too much. Like focus on two weapon skill types etc
There was a Fallout thread somewhat recently where folks were talking about some of the reasons F1 holds up so well; once you know what you're doing, you can literally speed run the whole thing in 15 minutes. And you can also replay with a variety of builds; sneaky and smart, dumb and strong, loves pray and spray machine guns and has bad luck.

So you should be just fine with whatever you want. I will say, you're probably going to miss a lot in combat when you're low level no matter what you pick, and you'll also probably want to save scum some things like lock picking and...defusing explosives? But you'll probably be reloading anyway if you mess that 2nd one up.

Ok cool, so if I decide I want to be a charismatic dude who uses small arms, I don't have to worry if I'm not super beefy as long as I semi specialize in something.

Status
Not open for further replies.