• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
what kind of hentai filth did you guys trick me into playing?

EhcCAtT.jpg
7NjUcXS.gif

astro

Oct 25, 2017
BFV is buggy as hell, but it's quite fun playing medic in this game. Sliding around the battlefield doing parkour rescuing teammates feeling like the MCU version of Hacksaw Ridge.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Durante I've read that this game is in a similar vein to Zachtronics games, and is leaving early access in January.

Jawmuncher are there any notable differences you know of for the various versions of Resident Evil 3? I heard that the JP ver. had a difficulty not in the English releases.

Last edited:

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm like a thread late, but I finished 26 games this year, which is a downgrade from last year, I think (it was around 30-something), but better than I thought it would be. I also played seven different Trails games, which was 1) great and 2) took a LOT of my time. But it was nice that it was exactly one every two weeks (although it wasn't nearly that regular)

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
OWlN3kF.gif

Fuck you 2019, fuck youuuuuu.

lol, perfect gif. This was me 30 minutes ago:

giphy.gif

I want to play F.E.A.R but I'm not seeing controller support for those games, and as I unfortunately discovered recently, I've completely forgotten how to play with K&M, Like, completely. My brain doesn't compute it at all. Tried playing a first-person walking simulator recently for a few hours and I felt drunk and irritated. It's all quite shameful as I grew up playing games like Doom, Quake, etc. Oh well.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
lol, perfect gif. This was me 30 minutes ago:

giphy.gif

I want to play F.E.A.R but I'm not seeing controller support for those games, and as I unfortunately discovered recently, I've completely forgotten how to play with K&M, Like, completely. My brain doesn't compute it at all. Tried playing a first-person walking simulator recently for a few hours and I felt drunk and irritated. It's all quite shameful as I grew up playing games like Doom, Quake, etc. Oh well.
Just use Steam Controller Config; there are pre-set configurations already available by the Steam community if you browse in the game's Config option.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Divinity 2 last night and I am agonizing over whether to get Fallout 4 goty. The thought of modding the game, making sure the mods take to my liking and possibly having to restart the game multiple times until it final clicks is what's making me not want to get it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
This year already started better, i got more replies to messages i sent last night to my friends, coworkers and business partners than i got last year XD That's something right? XD

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Just use Steam Controller Config; there are pre-set configurations already available by the Steam community if you browse in the game's Config option.

But I'm a loyal Sony consumer and only have a PS4 controller. :|

In other news, here's a random recommendation (recommended in the last thread which is how I discovered it):

Thanks to this game I've re-committed to meditation and am currently on a 19 day streak with no stopping. Funny how a video game motivates me to return to healthy habits.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
But I'm a loyal Sony consumer and only have a PS4 controller. :|

In other news, here's a random recommendation (recommended in the last thread which is how I discovered it):

Thanks to this game I've re-committed to meditation and am currently on a 19 day streak with no stopping. Funny how a video game motivates me to return to healthy habits.

That's one of the first configurations available in the steam controller config.
SqYlETF.png

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I hope Steam gets a video recording and sharing feature this year. Geforce Experience fucking sucks and randomly stops working way too often.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I started Obra Dinn last night.

What an interesting game. So unique. I was a bit pissed so haven't solved much of the mystery but really enjoyed the hour or so i played and then it was on my mind the rest of the evening.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017

That's actually incredible. The devs would love to hear that. BUT VIDEO GAMES ARE FOR KIDS/A WASTE OF TIME ARGGGHH!!

I have to check it out.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Happy new year folks.

I have a pretty good idea what I will vote for GOTY and I'm absolutely certain that Obra Dinn is my number 1, but since there's still time I'm going to let the rest of the list percolate a bit.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
New year, new thread. Is 2019 he year PC gaming finally dies 🤔

Started playing Divinity Original Sin 2 two days ago and it's been really great so far (about 13h in). I think I'll spend the majority of today playing it once I can get my ass out of bed.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Happy New Year everybody!! New year, more games , more backlog that i'm never going to finish!

Out of all the games in the first post, i find Feudal Alloy very interesting, perhaps because the main character's design and the game's graphics.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Will be getting a new Ryzen based system soon, my first full upgrade for 9 years. I must salute my old i7 860 processer though, I doubt I'll ever again have hardware that'll last me as long as that did. It could still handle a lot of recent titles if I locked the framerate to 30, most recently Hitman 2.

It's sure going to be nice to be able to stop worrying about having to turn loads of things down just to be playable.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing Divinity Original Sin 2 two days ago and it's been really great so far (about 13h in). I think I'll spend the majority of today playing it once I can get my ass out of bed.

How do you like it so far? I'm about 10 hours in, still in Fort Joy. I suspect the game will grow on me eventually, but so far it hasn't grabbed me as much as I hoped it would. I picked Lohse as my player character, but I still haven't encountered any meaningful narrative or character development for her. And it's hard to be invested in the other characters that make up your crew when they run off, talk in private to someone, and then ask to move on to the next quest step. Some of the quest design is really cool though. I've found like 6 different paths to escape the fort. A little mixed on it so far. I do like the laid back pace of it all. Hope it gets better after I leave Fort Joy.

Is there some video you can watch to get a grip on the Divinity OS lore? Because I'm totally lost in the terminology and there's like zero onboarding. Unless there's something like that in the game and I missed it.

Last edited:

suikoder

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Epic New Year PCera
I couldn't resist

I'm still trying to decide what my first game played in 2019 should be, too many games

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
You can use the Steam Controller Config tool with every controller, not only the Steam Controller.

That's one of the first configurations available in the steam controller config.
SqYlETF.png

Sheeeiit, if there's a config for PS4 controller I have to check it out then. Couldn't tell from the store page or discussion section.

That's actually incredible. The devs would love to hear that. BUT VIDEO GAMES ARE FOR KIDS/A WASTE OF TIME ARGGGHH!!

I have to check it out.

It's a classy looking game with noble intentions. My review's down the page a bit as 'doomjazzer'. Game is in early access, so I noticed some typos, a small bug here and there, but no game breaking bugs. It was making my gaming laptop noisy until I turned on vsync, probably gonna leave that on for every game to be honest.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I started playing Alan Wake and I feel like I'm really missing something with this game. I'm in Chapter 2 with 12 bullets and literally 6 guys come at you that it feels like I just can't deal with. Are you supposed to be able to avoid these guys like RE? Because the dodge/run absolutely does not seem capable of doing that and I definitely don't have enough ammo to deal with even 2 of them.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing Alan Wake and I feel like I'm really missing something with this game. I'm in Chapter 2 with 12 bullets and literally 6 guys come at you that it feels like I just can't deal with. Are you supposed to be able to avoid these guys like RE? Because the dodge/run absolutely does not seem capable of doing that and I definitely don't have enough ammo to deal with even 2 of them.

Aren't you meant to use your torch to kill them/avoid them too? It's been a while since I completed it but I don't remember struggling that much.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Aren't you meant to use your torch to kill them/avoid them too? It's been a while since I completed it but I don't remember struggling that much.
I was trying that and occasionally you get like a torch crit or something but I can't tell if it is actually hurting them. I'm super confident I'm just missing something incredibly simple.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
How do you like it so far? I'm about 10 hours in, still in Fort Joy. I suspect the game will grow on me eventually, but so far it hasn't grabbed me as much as I hoped it would. I picked Lohse as my player character, but I still haven't encountered any meaningful narrative or character development for her. And it's hard to be invested in the other characters that make up your crew when they run off, talk in private to someone, and then ask to move on to the next quest step. Some of the quest design is really cool though. I've found like 6 different paths to escape the fort. A little mixed on it so far. I do like the laid back pace of it all. Hope it gets better after I leave Fort Joy.

Is there some video you can watch to get a grip on the Divinity OS lore? Because I'm totally lost in the terminology and there's like zero onboarding. Unless there's something like that in the game and I missed it.
I'm liking it way more than I thought I would considering that I'm not a big fan of isometric and turn-based RPGs. I chose the Red Prince as my main character and I'm pretty happy with that choice so far. But I'm still waiting for some more character development as well and I want to see what impact, if any, the origin story has when progressing further (already out of Fort Joy and I think I'm about to leave the island).

What I really like are the quests (especially the writing) and the exploring. There's a lot of cool stuff to find and, as you said, many ways to solve quests (for some at least). I'm a bit lost on the lore as well, though. So let me know if you find a good video or article :D

FunnyJay

Oct 27, 2017

Use the flashlight to "burn off" their defensive black goo/mist, because I believe you cannot harm them with the bullets before that is removed. If I remember correctly, the enemies "flash" or something like that everytime the black defenses are removed by the flashlight.

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
When you aim your flashlight at enemies you should see a circle closing in on them accompanied with a sound effect getting louder. That means the enemy is still shielded by the darkness so to speak so you have keep aiming the light towards them. Every enemy is bulletproof until the reticule has completely closed/doesn't appear anymore. If you fire at enemies protected by the darkness, you'll only knock them further away.

Unless you're in middle of a stand off, running past enemies is totally acceptable tactic. Ammo can be collected from chests, red emergency cabinets or loosely from tables and such where they flash for a sec.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Use the flashlight to "burn off" their defensive black goo/mist, because I believe you cannot harm them with the bullets before that is removed. If I remember correctly, the enemies "flash" or something like that everytime the black defenses are removed by the flashlight.
Amazing. Thanks a lot.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
Are 2018 re-releases of earlier games valid for pc goty vote? For example, is 'Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition' eligible?

FunnyJay

Oct 27, 2017
When you aim your flashlight at enemies you should see a circle closing in on them accompanied with a sound effect getting louder. That means the enemy is still shielded by the darkness so to speak so you have keep aiming the light towards them. Every enemy is bulletproof until the reticule has completely closed/doesn't appear anymore. If you fire at enemies protected by the darkness, you'll only knock them further away.

Unless you're in middle of a stand off, running past enemies is totally acceptable tactic. Ammo can be collected from chests, red emergency cabinets or loosely from tables and such where they flash for a sec.

Much better explanation than what I gave! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.