• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
It probably was true then, but devs want DRM, so they created it.

If they didn't provide any kind of DRM/authentication, it would be impossible to create third party DRMs too. So that's not really an option.

Kremling

The Fallen
Dec 15, 2017
If you never updated your Subnautica you can play offline through the exe. That's how I've done it and I don't plan on ever updating it.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, everyone. Don't know if anyone here can help, but here goes. I recently got a new graphics card, the Radeon RX 590, and it's been causing a massive amount of frame stuttering in the few games I've tried out (Fortnite, Shadow Warrior 2, Warframe, Monster Hunter). Even in 1080p and very low settings, the frame rate will fluctuate between upper 100s and lower 50s, making the image just jump around a ton. The GPU usage looks something like this in all of the games I've tried.

yABp9a0.png

It's paired with a i5 7600k at stock speeds so a CPU bottleneck seems unlikely. If anyone has more insight into this topic, I'd appreciate the replies. Thanks.
Is the video card getting enough juice (PSU power)? I've experienced noticeable stutter with a powerful card on weak PSU before that was gone after replacing one.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

DasFool

Oct 25, 2017
Is the video card getting enough juice (PSU power)? I've experienced noticeable stutter with a powerful card on weak PSU before that was gone after replacing one.

Aftering adusting a trillion settings and seeing no improvement, I'm starting to think that might be the case. I've been using this power supply for the past 18 months, but I've noticed it's recently to make a weird electrical buzzing under heavy load. Don't know how it came to be like this all of a sudden, but what can you do? Thanks for the advice.

Mar 23, 2018
What are the most graphically impressive games in the last 3 years? I mean technical not art style, stuff that just looks amazing at high settings.

Battlefield games, EA Star Wars games.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance(Didn't play the game but the max settings are, like, damn)

Final Fantasy XV at max settings

Forza Horizon 4.

People seem to be in awe of Shadow of the Tomb Raider's graphics, too.

Assasin's Creed recent games are graphically acclaimed and are seen as a benchmark for PC but, tbh, I think the games above look better. Almost all of the above games were launched in 2018 on PC, though.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017

O-oh no nonononono

not like this

Edit: ITS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT

Last edited:

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017

O-oh no nonononono

not like this

The project doesn't have clear license published, which means the authors essentially hold all the copyrights. So yeah, that's a pretty blatant violation to ship their project without their consent.

Also, honestly, this is just lazy. You don't ship source code in your games, that should be in a seperate location. Let alone source code that's not yours to distribute.

O-oh no nonononono

not like this

Merely using waifu2x to upscale images which they are allowed to use is fine. There is nothing problematic about this, it's not "worse", and we shouldn't call devs out for smartly using open source tools where it makes sense.
Like, just stick to the license agreements and maybe don't publish their source code on Steam, if you don't have the rights to do so (on the flip side, with stuff like GPL, you are required to publish source code, if you made changes to it)

Last edited:

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least this news confirms that its being number 1 on the top-sellers will have covered the porting costs, I guess?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it doesn't support ultra-wide screen or arbitrary resolutions. I think Durante is contractually obligated to say bad stuff about it then, and that would make me smile (especially since he's lavished praise on the last couple Sega releases).

Assasin's Creed recent games are graphically acclaimed and are seen as a benchmark for PC but, tbh, I think the games above look better. Almost all of the above games were launched in 2018 on PC, though.
AC games are impressive in their scale, not so much detail at the micro level (they look great, but nothing spectacular).

I do agree that DICE's games are incredible for being 60 fps console games.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield games, EA Star Wars games.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance(Didn't play the game but the max settings are, like, damn)

Final Fantasy XV at max settings

Forza Horizon 4.

People seem to be in awe of Shadow of the Tomb Raider's graphics, too.

I have a 2700x and a 2080 and I want to see what it can do.

BFV does look quite incredible at max with RTX running at high framerates, and parts of the SotTR demo looked stunning.

I've FFXV queued.

I'll try SWBF2 as that's going cheap right now, good call!

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. So how many exclusives will Epic score with that 25 million fund to take developers away from Unity?

Meh. I imagine timed-exclusives on quite a few games, but probably very few full-exclusives. I think my view on Epic Store is now "It's like a console launch". That is, everyone wants to be on it because it's new, it's got a lot of marketing, and metric-fucktons of cash behind it. But once it's been out for a year or two, and the number of games either expands dramatically, or devs/pubs can't get on it because it doesn't expand dramatically, the shine will wear off.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

O-oh no nonononono

not like this

Well not that uncommon the Resonance of Fate HD port was also made using Waifu2x (and with the worst result i have ever seen from it)and FFXII Zodiac Age probably as well at least the textures look suspiciously like it.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
Youd think atlus would have the original assets in higher quality stored somewhere, it's possible everything was still drawn at 720p

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Review for Bury Me, My Love:

Not Recommended
0.3 hrs last two weeks / 0.3 hrs on record
Posted: 10 Jan @ 7:29pm

Told my wife to stay in Syria.

Took her mobile.

Refunded the game.

26 people found this review helpful
16 people found this review funny

Yeah, okay, I admit I can understand Epic Store's stance on reviews better, now. People are trash.

I reported the review as "Not a review of the game" but doubtful it'll get removed.

Edit: Oh, wait - is it meant to be a joke about how Muslim men treat women? Damn! Racism would've been a better reason to report. :(

Edit 2:

Fuck it - anyone got a Valve email address I can write a polite but stern email to, complaining about how trash reviews like this serve no-one?

Last edited:

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
ICssKIH.jpg

yeah that second zorah madoras mission is pretty dumb lol. honestly it kind of just beat itself, i was confused the whole way through. it was also kind of a rehash of the first one, that mission was so bad lol

anyways i seem to have unlocked the real shit now and i'm a bit scared

feels like there's gonna be some real decisionmaking from now on, but i doubt i'll want to commit to anything (except my beautiful butterfly hat)

the insect glaive is so far my favorite cos it's really fun to jump around, i also really like the long sword cos it's easy to use and has jumpy attacks also, the hammer was so satisfying against diablos, the double daggers are pretty neat against smaller monsters and i've been playing around with the transforming axe and now the greatsword

i want to try the ranged weapons at some time but idk aiming on a keyboard is a pain in the butt

lol that's great

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Something fucked up with my DS4, how can I completely delete any setting from Steam?
I tried to delete the SDL_GamepadBind line from the config.vdf, all files from the 241100 directory but it doesn't work. What I want is Steam asking me to config my DS4 for the first time when I plug it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.