• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully I didn't get the chance to play the RE2 demo last night, so I can play it over 30 minutes. I probably would've been fiddling with the settings for most of that time. Yeehaw!

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
RE2 is amazing. Wish I hadn't played the demo though. Now the wait is even harder.

I hope Capcom stays strong and doesn't fall for Epic's bribes.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
anyways, high rank monster hunter is a little bit less interesting so far, in that it sort of reached that same point as toukiden that the story sort of climaxes but then it didn't and now you get some padding by making you fight bigger number versions of the same monsters

not really complaining cos i still need more time to try different weapons and such, but would be nice if they sprinkled a few differences to the high rank versions here and there
There's still some new stuff incoming through the game's story during high rank, but yeah, some of the old high rank monsters are a bit samey.
The main story ends when you reach HR16 (though there'll still be a few extra monsters after it ends, new ones being mostly through special assignments, and one being a recurring time limited gathering hub event).

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Steam's controller customization options are so god damn cool.
I'm playing Witcher 3 with a gamepad for the first time and I missed having a simple quicksave button so I just "programmed" my Xbox controller so when I press both triggers it acts like the F5 key.
Took me maybe 30 seconds to do and works perfectly.

i love that so much

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I'm playing Witcher 3 with a gamepad for the first time and I missed having a simple quicksave button so I just "programmed" my Xbox controller so when I press both triggers it acts like the F5 key.

i love that so much

The controller stuff on Steam is terrific and part of why PC gaming for me is so good these days. I play most things with a controller - i set up a very complicated series of buttons to play Arma 3 with a controller! Arma 3! That game has about 50 different buttons.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

i love that so much
I love that it works for non-steam games as well.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Epic Store Refund policy change

giphy.gif

They should've set the cut off at six hours to be more generous. See how well that goes.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018

i love that so much
Yep, controller customization is great and allows you to try different button methods to whatever you find comfortable

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I play with the Rift (and the PS VR), the more positive I become to VR. I also think how well the PS VR is selling is very healthy for VR gaming.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tr...dent-evil-2-demo-released.92899/post-16779719

To be fair: He has a little point there about a little more respect, I think. But this timer thing may not be the best example.
It's an interesting topic honestly, a shame it was closed!

I can see why people would like to remove the timer and I don't have an issue with people doing so, but I do think it's an interesting implementation. There's a reason for it and I respect it, but being able to remove it kind of defeats the purpose of the limit in the first place.

I'm seriously concerned that I have not yet been banned even once.
Reported.

Nov 3, 2017
Tbh a 30min timer in a demo is silly just keep it to a certain area and end it. What are they afraid of

The demo is area limited as far as i know so you can't go anywhere else even with no timer as the areas were removed from the demo. People are mainly using it to calibrate graphics settings and grab screenshots. Obviously Capcom were right to be afraid of the Computer Cowboys.

giphy.gif

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Honestly, reading Epic Games threads is like experiencing real life groundhog day. You know there will be this dude who'll call Steam a monopoly without understanding what monopoly means, the other dude who'll say that console manufacturers have a right to charge 30% from poor devs/pubs, but Steam doesn't do enough to warrant such cut because reasons, and finally, there will always be a hefty amount of drive-bys from mighty console warriors who not necesserily understand what's going on, but will tell you that Steam is bad for business. Truly, it's an astonishingly high level of discourse.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, reading Epic Games threads is like experiencing real life groundhog day. You know there will be this dude who'll call Steam a monopoly without understanding what monopoly means, the other dude who'll say that console manufacturers have a right to charge 30% from poor devs/pubs, but Steam doesn't do enough to warrant such cut because reasons, and finally, there will always be a hefty amount of drive-bys from mighty console warriors who not necesserily understand what's going on, but will tell you that Steam is bad for business. Truly, it's an astonishingly high level of discourse.

Some of them are just mad Steam made PC relevant. They hate that some stuff that was exclusive now is multiplatform. They hate when their platform is left out but not Steam.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Some of them are just mad Steam made PC relevant. They hate that some stuff that was exclusive now is multiplatform. They hate when their platform is left out but not Steam.
That's a good thing though. More games for people to enjoy, more money for companies to make.

I get that Xbox fans specifically can feel betrayed, but MS literally develops the most popular gaming OS on PC, it would be incredibly dumb of them to not capitalize on the growing PC market. Fans of the other consoles, well, I really don't understand why are they envious of PC.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Screw him.

There were times when I refunded 2 games in a month.
To be fair, I don't think he's disagreeing with you. He's saying most people aren't refunding more than twice a year and he might be right.

I'm not sure that justifies the limit but it'll obviously be less of a problem for most people, if he's correct.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how common this variant of the "no Steam = no buy" argument is:

I literally forgot the the name of Ashen because it wasn't on Steam, and I hadn't seen any marketing for it. I had to go to the Epic Store and have a look at their front page to remind myself what it was called.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm hoping we get some more information about Greedfall, that colonial fantasy RPG made by the developers of the Technomancer. I was really interested in that and we haven't heard much about it for a while.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan

I literally forgot the the name of Ashen because it wasn't on Steam, and I hadn't seen any marketing for it. I had to go to the Epic Store and have a look at their front page to remind myself what it was called.

I actually forgot it existed but saw it as I been trying out game pass on the window store on my PC (it is there - but xbox only).

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
That's a good thing though. More games for people to enjoy, more money for companies to make.

I get that Xbox fans specifically can feel betrayed, but MS literally develops the most popular gaming OS on PC, it would be incredibly dumb of them to not capitalize on the growing PC market. Fans of the other consoles, well, I really don't understand why are envious of PC.
I think want the consoles to be more appealing to others thus having more people to play with and justify their purchase of said console by having games no one else can play on other systems. I remember the time where people bought a PS3 for DMC4 and FFXIII and regret it when the games went multiplatform.

I don't think of even buying consoles anymore because almost every game I like or want is on PC and the lack of BC support other then Xbox kinda sucks.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I'm hoping we get some more information about Greedfall, that colonial fantasy RPG made by the developers of the Technomancer.
Spiders are making a new game? It most certainly will be full of jank, but they have so many neat ideas that I can't help but be intrigued.
I remember the time where people bought a PS3 for DMC4 and FFXIII and regret it when the games went multiplatform.
Ah, good old tribalism and "us vs. them" mentality. Thankfully, 3rd party exclusivity has all but died in this generation.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Epic now charges extra for some payments methods like bank transfers.

As an example The Division 2:

K9m66ag.png

uPlay would sell you this without any "payment fee" with same payment method and you could even use 20% coupon for additionnal.
Competition is great, isn't it?

But looks like Epic is currently losing.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Epic now charges extra for some payments methods like bank transfers.

K9m66ag.png

uPlay would sell you this without any "payment fee" with same payment method and you could even use 20% coupon for additionnal.

Wow, lol. Are they for real?

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Discord gets brought up often as a way to bring all game libraries together. Tried it out, only shows a tiny fraction of what I have installed, hundreds of games missing, nothing from Battle.net despite having linked accounts and the library is so barebones it is bordering on being useless. I guess if someone only has a few well known titles installed that Discord recognizes it's all well and good but beyond that, nah, forget it.

Here's a challenge: Without looking it up, what's the name of that other launch title, released as Early Access, from Supergiant?

I honestly can't remember.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever

K9m66ag.png

Well you see, Epic is a small business who really get's hit hard with the bank fee's! They need every dollar, you know?

374130676821131264.png

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

K9m66ag.png

It's almost like their 12% cut alone isn't enough to run their store in a sustainable way, so they need to make customers pay for payment processing costs to keep their costs down.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

K9m66ag.png

so they help developers by fucking consumers

sounds about right

Status
Not open for further replies.