• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
What are the most graphically impressive games in the last 3 years? I mean technical not art style, stuff that just looks amazing at high settings.
Here are some of my suggestions

Shadow of the Tomb Raider:
8B9959BDCC1A71CC1921101A19979C54C26DA501

Anno 2205:
778C98AA36EBAF52EEDEDFF6A3930CA3926AB132

Assassin's Creed Odyssey:
FF77314C0C71C9618F6E86F370DFEE255669B447

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
0A6F9B3E1C091BE09493197717E2224DC360B33B

Prey:
437B4AFBB1BFEAD2C565115DC1DB6914E7AC0501

Quantum Break:
D2F02FA12FFF93564FB41BC714AFCBCBDA3A831F

Rise of the Tomb Raider:
9171042924F513FBE05F7A500FEF9D9D5C88F11F

Watch_Dogs 2:
EB0C8EF920ACCE6CE3816EECD8876321D24DE574

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus:
747063BEB03A699CFCA582CCCF477C16B5E3AF12

These would keep your GPU busy.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Am I crazy or Tim is now just posting nonsense?

Destiny got popular because Activision pumped so much money in it. Destiny got bashed because Bungie made stupid mistakes. Activision actually did everything they could to keep Bungie on straight path.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I crazy or Tim is now just posting nonsense?

Activision actually did everything they could to keep Bungie on straight path.

Do you really believe this?

What sort of information do we have that you're so in favor of what Activision has been doing?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Do you really believe this?

Read Jason Schreier reportings on Bungie and Destiny. MTX in Destiny are pushed hard by Bungie because they couldn't deliver significant content regularly and they wanted regular money stream. Activision added 2 internal studios to Destiny development so content actually could be made at reasonable schedule. Activision allowed them to delay and reboot both games multiple times.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Read Jason Schreier reportings on Bungie and Destiny. MTX in Destiny are pushed hard by Bungie because they couldn't deliver significant content regularly and they wanted regular money stream. Activision added 2 internal studios to Destiny development so content actually could be made at reasonable schedule. Activision allowed them to delay and reboot both games multiple times.

None of that really screams " kept them on the good path"like you suggested. That reporting also says that a big new expansion was mandated every fall by Activision, and a big part of Destiny's failings isn't in the MTX, it's in the frequent expansion costs that didn't really justify their purchase.

MTX was never a big part of why Destiny was bad, and I'm not sure Activision forcing the husks of once notable companies to make the medicore garbage expansions is a point in their favor.

It's also a report that's like 4 paragraphs long. I highly doubt it boils down to "Activision wanted more content, Bungie wanted more MTX." There just isn't enough info to declare someone as the moral superior in the conflict, especially when Activision is currently in the middle of a lot of drama at Blizzard.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium

Didn't know this. Interesting to see where Destiny 3 will be going. Without a big publisher backing them, it will be a mess. But no doubt, they'll find a big publisher. I wonder which one it will be. EA? Epic? Microsoft?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
None of that really screams " kept them on the good path"like you suggested. That reporting also says that a big new expansion was mandated every fall by Activision, and a big part of Destiny's failings isn't in the MTX, it's in the frequent expansion costs that didn't really justify their purchase.

MTX was never a big part of why Destiny was bad, and I'm not sure Activision forcing the husks of once notable companies to make the medicore garbage expansions is a point in their favor.

It's also a report that's like 4 paragraphs long. I highly doubt it boils down to "Activision wanted more content, Bungie wanted more MTX." There just isn't enough info to declare someone as the moral superior in the conflict, especially when Activision is currently in the middle of a lot of drama at Blizzard.

You have a lot of info in his book and report he did few months ago.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/destiny-2-reboot-jason-schreier

And his report on D1 development

https://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't know this. Interesting to see where Destiny 3 will be going. Without a big publisher backing them, it will be a mess. But no doubt, they'll find a big publisher. I wonder which one it will be. EA? Epic? Microsoft?
They already said they'll self published any future Destiny. Partnering with other publishers will be for other IP I think. Maybe returning to Halo? Who knows.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
They already said they'll self published any future Destiny. Partnering with other publishers will be for other IP I think. Maybe returning to Halo? Who knows.

They'll need distribution partners at the very least. And probably some help with marketing.

Whether they'll have deeper relationships than that is dependent on how much money they have.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Do Bungie do any major work on the pc version of Destiny? Isn't that all done by Vicarious Visions? I have this fear they'll just let that version either die or fault into disrepair.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

They can do two things:

- Techland way: Opening a publishing branch for Destiny 3 and all the games in the Destiny universe so they can self-publish retail and digital on all platform
- CDPR wat: Partner with various publisher to distribuite Destiny 3 globally, like Warner Bros or EA.

I think there's 0 chance of a buyout, Bugie is a 700 man studio, Destiny IP has still value and i don't think Sony or Microsoft or other publishers are willing to spend a billion or even more to buy the studio. EA spent 450 million USD for Respawn and that's A LOT, imagine Bungie.

Do Bungie do any major work on the pc version of Destiny? Isn't that all done by Vicarious Visions? I have this fear they'll just let that version either die or fault into disrepair.

Or they can assign the PC version to another studio like QLOC.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Also I will be that conspiracy theories person but I have feeling that SpatialOS and this new Unreal fund were planned. All parties knew about changes that will happen but Improbable deliberately didn't want to do a thing because they planned things with Epic. So they waited for Unity to shut them down so they can throw a shade on them. I really find it hard to believe that it is possible to get ready something like this in like hours.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Well yeah, but when it comes to the topics of publishers and big companies like Microsoft he always sounds sour and delusional. Not to mention his double standards since he works for Epic...

Yeah he posts a lot of nonsense outside those. I mean how many independent studios with 700 employees you know that don't have steady flow of income? Bungie is huge and Destiny 2 in current state is not nearly enough for them to be sustainable. They have $100M deal with NetEase but that is again just one project that won't keep them afloat forever. And we know from all of those reportings that they are not efficient studio with really bad workflows. It really is hard to cheer for their independence based on all of that.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
With the SNK collection releasing on PS4, I wonder what the odds of a PC version are... I was going to pick it up on Switch, but now I'll wait a bit longer I guess

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

Into the Breach waifu edition just launched in early access. Chinese only, of course.

Sooner or later I'll start buying these Chinese only games anyway. I mean, I used to play English games without understanding a single word when I was a child, it can't be that different.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, but when it comes to the topics of publishers and big companies like Microsoft he always sounds sour and delusional. Not to mention his double standards since he works for Epic...
He was right about MS but he's also a huge hypocrite so it's ok for him to try and push for exclusivity in an open space.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly that was a Bungie West game, so I'm not entirely sure how much Bungie proper would want to have anything to do with it.

But yes, I would welcome an Oni remake/remaster. For reasons.
Is bungie west like blizzard north? Sister studio in name only, very different culture? I too would like a remastered oni .... Or marathon

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just finished the only game I bought during winter seal.
header.jpg

What a great game. Took me about 20 hours to 100% and I enjoyed most of it. It is a metroidvania, but not in the traditional sense as it more relies on adventure than platforming. There Are about 15 islands that you sail to and from and on each island there are areas you cant access until you have new abilities. There were a few times that I was kind of stuck and the backtracking is tiresome at times, but overall I highly recommend.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Played through Metro: Last Light last night. Ran beautifully at 4K on a 1070 and looked amazing. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first one. This game gets weird!

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017

Into the Breach waifu edition just launched in early access. Chinese only, of course.

Sooner or later I'll start buying these Chinese only games anyway. I mean, I used to play English games without understanding a single word when I was a child, it can't be that different.

we should all be learning chinese i feel

They finally fixed that awful logo for DARK SOULS: REMASTERED. Wohoo!

Old:

137f600abce5119557a0870f1e2e2fdbfe4cb48a.jpg

New:

fbad2989ed9549c4d456eb91fb28e0e6da54af9c.jpg
lol that's really funny

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Damn, this looks pretty good.

Another one for the list of good looking chinese language only games.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
So, I finally started Shadow Tactics: Blades of Shogun which I bought way back at release day, and have to say, the game is fantastic, so far I have more fun with it than with XCOM 2. One minor gripe, it kicks my ass a little bit too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.