• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I can teach you again if you ever forget
42.jpg
Nothing is sadder than having to avatar quote yourself.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the only game I bought during winter seal.
header.jpg

What a great game. Took me about 20 hours to 100% and I enjoyed most of it. It is a metroidvania, but not in the traditional sense as it more relies on adventure than platforming. There Are about 15 islands that you sail to and from and on each island there are areas you cant access until you have new abilities. There were a few times that I was kind of stuck and the backtracking is tiresome at times, but overall I highly recommend.

My three favorite indie metroidvanias are Hollow Knight, Elliot Quest, and Treasure Adventure Game. I still need to play more World. Shame only one of those games are a success. At least the Hollow Knight devs will continue making games.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My three favorite indie metroidvanias are Hollow Knight, Elliot Quest, and Treasure Adventure Game. I still need to play more World. Shame only one of those games are a success. At least the Hollow Knight devs will continue making games.

You have to buy it! It is priced so well and I got 20+ hours of great gaming out of it. I think I bought for $6 last week. I wish I bought more copies to give away. I am amazed at how many hours of enjoyment out of Sub $20 indie games I get, or in this case sub $10. Anyways, here is my review I just wrote for TAW. https://steamcommunity.com/id/artsncrafts/recommended/268770

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

https://steamcommunity.com/games/382560/announcements/detail/1707328172838511556

Sales to purchase Hot Lava during the beta phase ends today, nobody will be able to purchase it anymore until release. No mention of a price increase or anything so 10 bucks still might be the price upon release. If you buy it now you get an extra copy though, who knows if that deal will stick around after today.

Hey, I just wanted to thank you for posting this PSA.

Was able to nab a copy just under the wire and good gravy is it awesome.

Man, Klei sure has the Midas Touch in the presentation dept. (That's across the board, art direction, UI, sound design, etc.)

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The most frustrating thing about these nice looking Chinese games is that they include an English title 9 times out of 10. English description and store page as well.

... And yet when the game actually launches English is no where to be seen and I could count on a single hand the CN games that had English added after. It's... annoying.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
So, I finally started Shadow Tactics: Blades of Shogun which I bought way back at release day, and have to say, the game is fantastic, so far I have more fun with it than with XCOM 2. One minor gripe, it kicks my ass a little bit too often.

Well, if at you at least liked XCOM and XCOM 2, you should look forward to Phoenix Point ;) Though I never got around Shadow Tactics, but heard only positive feedback.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I am liking the Vagrant on steam - but I noticed some slow down in animations , not because of the game but because of my aging gaming laptop

I have my gaming desktop but I use it for video editing lol

Wish I had the funds to buy or build a new pc

Gotta wait ;(

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Here are some of my suggestions

Shadow of the Tomb Raider:
8B9959BDCC1A71CC1921101A19979C54C26DA501

Anno 2205:
778C98AA36EBAF52EEDEDFF6A3930CA3926AB132

Assassin's Creed Odyssey:
FF77314C0C71C9618F6E86F370DFEE255669B447

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
0A6F9B3E1C091BE09493197717E2224DC360B33B

Prey:
437B4AFBB1BFEAD2C565115DC1DB6914E7AC0501

Quantum Break:
D2F02FA12FFF93564FB41BC714AFCBCBDA3A831F

Rise of the Tomb Raider:
9171042924F513FBE05F7A500FEF9D9D5C88F11F

Watch_Dogs 2:
EB0C8EF920ACCE6CE3816EECD8876321D24DE574

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus:
747063BEB03A699CFCA582CCCF477C16B5E3AF12

These would keep your GPU busy.

I tried the Shadow demo and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Will put it on my price drop list.

I have DE:MD so I'll boot that up and see how it looks, thanks!

I wasn't floored by Prey's technical look, but I loved its art-style.

Is Quantum Break worth playing? I loved Alan Wake and the original Max Paynes....

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I still need to play the latest build of Phoenix Point (only did that for like an hour).
How much content is in the build? Is it comparable to Troubleshooter?
Is Quantum Break worth playing? I loved Alan Wake and the original Max Paynes....
I think so, it's constantly on sale as well so you can get it pretty cheap. Gunplay isn't nearly as satisfying as MP, but story and time manipulation gimmicks are pretty cool, plus some of the neattest set-pieces you can find in a video game.

Oct 25, 2017
Updated pitch for a Capcom 2D Fighters Bundle:
  • Saturday Night Slam Masters
  • Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
  • Ring of Destruction: Slam Masters II
  • Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
  • Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness
  • Red Earth/Warzard
  • Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior
  • Super Gem Fighters Mini Mix
gimme

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I really should go back and restart Valdis Story. I remember I really liked it except for the "scoring" on boss fights. I am a perfectionist in games so It would piss me off to get C on a boss fight.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I just wanted to thank you for posting this PSA.

Was able to nab a copy just under the wire and good gravy is it awesome.

Man, Klei sure has the Midas Touch in the presentation dept. (That's across the board, art direction, UI, sound design, etc.)
Yeah, I had fun playing along with friends. I'll likely get back to it once the release update drops but even now the game is very polished and very fun. Klei really has become one of my favorite devs.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
How much content is in the build? Is it comparable to Troubleshooter?

Can't make the comparison with Troubleshooter, never played it ;)

There was a big update not that long ago (Backer Build 3), including new maps, enemies, inventory management and the basic version of the strategic layer of the game. Was a big step forward compared to the previous version(s), but still missing a lot of stuff. Backed the game on Fig a long time ago, because it looked great and so far the preview builds seem promising.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
How essential is the big DLC for xcom 2? I was thinking of finally jumping in and already own the base game plus the dlc released for it, but not the major DLC that came out.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
How essential is the big DLC for xcom 2? I was thinking of finally jumping in and already own the base game plus the dlc released for it, but not the major DLC that came out.

War of the Chosen basically turns the game into XCOM 2.5, so yeah I'd say it's pretty essential if you want to experience the game at its full potential.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I really should go back and restart Valdis Story. I remember I really liked it except for the "scoring" on boss fights. I am a perfectionist in games so It would piss me off to get C on a boss fight.

I can tell from seeing your scores on Sunset Overdrive random events, haha.

Valdis is great. The final boss left me with cramped fingers but I was so locked into a groove. That said, I wasn't concerned about my grading so much as being concerned about progressing through the game.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017

Into the Breach waifu edition just launched in early access. Chinese only, of course.

Sooner or later I'll start buying these Chinese only games anyway. I mean, I used to play English games without understanding a single word when I was a child, it can't be that different.

This looks really cute, wishlisted

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Took me long enough but finally finished Yakuza 0 today

Now the wait for Kiwami begins

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
So, I finally started Shadow Tactics: Blades of Shogun which I bought way back at release day, and have to say, the game is fantastic, so far I have more fun with it than with XCOM 2. One minor gripe, it kicks my ass a little bit too often.

Its a great game. Yeah can be tricky. Thankfully it has that very nice quick save system where it tells you how long since the last save, I used it a lot. Really looking forward to the next one, I think they are doing a Desperadoes reboot.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Currently playing
1. Metal Gear Solid 3 snake eater HD (PS3) - Operation Snake Eater - Chyornyj Prud - 4 Hours
2. Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS) - Area 6: Access Ark - 6 Hours
3. The Vagrant (Steam/PC) - Deep Forest - 4 Hours

Recently completed (As of December 2018)
-Metal Gear Solid (PS3)
-Without Within 2 (PC)
-Final Fantasy IV (DS)
-Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty HD (PS3)

Next To Play
-Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD (PS3)
-New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
-World End Economica episode 1 (Steam/PC)
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, if you've got everything BUT War of the Chosen, it's going to be a good time. War of the Chosen takes it to another level, but it'd be overwhelming to someone who never played the base game.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I can tell from seeing your scores on Sunset Overdrive random events, haha.

Valdis is great. The final boss left me with cramped fingers but I was so locked into a groove. That said, I wasn't concerned about my grading so much as being concerned about progressing through the game.

Ha yea, it is a curse really as I have to get a "gold" and collect everything. If the gameplay is amazing like Sunset Overdrive it was a joy to get, but some games I just cant. But I think I will start Valdis tonight and just not worry about grading of the bosses.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Chrono Shop: Added FORCED: Slightly Better Edition - 7000 Chrono Coins.
Star Story: The Horizon Escape - 7000 Chrono Coins.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017

i feel kinda trapped cos i have kiwami on console with that psn plus thing, and i could get kiwami 2 but then idk what to do. i don't want to jump to 6 and miss out on 3-5, i bet they did the work to make playing 6 before 3 not feel bad but i dunno, i feel this series should be played in (sort of) chronological order

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
i feel kinda trapped cos i have kiwami on console with that psn plus thing, and i could get kiwami 2 but then idk what to do. i don't want to jump to 6 and miss out on 3-5, i bet they did the work to make playing 6 before 3 not feel bad but i dunno, i feel this series should be played in (sort of) chronological order

Yakuza 3 and 4 already have a PS4 remaster in japan with the fifth coming at the end of the year, just stay patient for the western release.

Mar 23, 2018
from resident evil 2 remake steam page

Yes, Capcom, YES, embrace the aspect ratios

That Ninja?!

I've been really liking the game. Been playing it for... 2 months now? Not that much(~50 hours) but I realized I'm gonna run out of substories at this pace, as it's pretty much the only stuff I've been doing for the last couple of weeks along with the business part, so I'm probably gonna finish the main story first, start another game's campaign and come back to Yakuza 0 from time to time so I beat all of the substories, etc

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Must protect users from playing more than 30min :D

(Well, And Also from using it as crack for full version)

Kremling

The Fallen
Dec 15, 2017
The most frustrating thing about these nice looking Chinese games is that they include an English title 9 times out of 10. English description and store page as well.

... And yet when the game actually launches English is no where to be seen and I could count on a single hand the CN games that had English added after. It's... annoying.

What makes me the most mad about this is that Chinese players review bomb English games for not including Chinese, yet if you make a single request or complaint that the game isn't in English on a Chinese game, the community for the game freaks out at you.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Rapture Rejects will become a part of Humble Monthly Bundle in February! In addition to the game, we created a special Safari Outfit for the Humble Monthly subscribers! Not a member yet? It's not too late to subscribe and join the unholy battlefields.

Guess, Division wasn't selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.