• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1714083119974577978

Updated DLC Browsing Experience
11 JANUARY - ALDEN

We've just rolled out an update that makes it easier to find downloadable content for your favorite games. Any game that offers DLC will now have a sortable, featured page of all of its DLC in one place. Furthermore, (and especially for games that have a tons of DLC) we're providing ways for developers to customize how these pages by creating lists, adding branding and specifying which titles to feature.
Oh I like that. I like that a lot. It's been a real pain to figure out what I want/need with some games that have tons of DLC like Paradox games.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im also so suprised that people seems suprised that trainers exists and what they can do.

Like, Ive been using trainers since Crysis releases in 2007 after getting tired of editing the config file.

Having maximum and unlimited everything allowed me to just to go crazy in Crysis.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Im also so suprised that people seems suprised that trainers exists and what they can do.

Like, Ive been using trainers since Crysis releases in 2007 after getting tired of editing the config file.

Having maximum and unlimited everything allowed me to just to go crazy in Crysis.
Hell, I save edited the shit out of Mass Effect 2 and 3 to get past the resource scarcity. Cheats and hacks make single-player games a lot more enjoyable.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
PC Gaming Era | February 2019 - POWER TO THE COMPUTER COWBOYS!!!
Cowboys are badass
latest

Lucian_HighNoon_Splash.0.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about diving into The Witcher 3 once again.
Is there a good list of "Here are a couple of cool mods that are all compatible with each other"? I don't want some complete overhaul, just some nice QoL stuff, maybe some more quickslots etc.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
PC Gaming Era | February 2019 - POWER TO THE COMPUTER COWBOYS!!!
Perfection.

I really like this new DLC layout. The Cities: Skylines one separates things like Music packs and content creator packs. Going to be super useful for a lot of those types of games. Hopefully developers use it properly.

Thinking about diving into The Witcher 3 once again.
Is there a good list of "Here are a couple of cool mods that are all compatible with each other"? I don't want some complete overhaul, just some nice QoL stuff, maybe some more quickslots etc.
This thread should help you out there.

Oct 25, 2017
I remember having weird conversations years and years ago on another forum (not that one) with people who thought mods were bad because you have to play the game however the developers intended you to play it. Even if it was a bug fix, it had to remain "pure". Like, people got legitimately upset when you talked about mods.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That thread was so dumb, I'm lucky I got my last post in time.

Anyway I'm about to start this demo properly. I'm really loving the VRAM usage in the options, that's really handy.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What's this computer cowboy business? Sounds like a missed a valuable nugget of wisdom.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just thought of all the comments about how we are not getting a DMC5 demo for PC cause Capcom is too scared of datamining etc, while the exact same thing happens to their Resi demo.
And as I said: the timer is not what I would call out.
I was quoting him because I thought the comment along with his ban was funny.

I wasn't saying anything about you lol.

EDIT: I see the edit

And yeah, I definitely think we lose some demos on PC due to datamining fears.

I was quoting him because I thought the comment along with his ban was funny.

I wasn't saying anything about you lol.

EDIT: I see the edit

And yeah, I definitely think we lose some demo's on PC due to datamining fears.
I really thought that was a direct response to me, that I would end up banned like him or so. Now I see better, how you meant it. XD
To be fair, it's already past midnight for me, and I got up at 6 AM. I'm too old for all nighters. :o

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
So the RE2 demo thread got locked because some people couldn't handle the existence of a trainer? Really? All it takes to shut down a PC thread is meltdowns and drama?

Couldn't just ban/mute/warn the stupid ones and let everyone else carry on like adults? These are the things that make no sense to me. How are PC gamers supposed to talk about anything outside this thread?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So the RE2 demo thread got locked because some people couldn't handle the existence of a trainer? Really? All it takes to shut down a PC thread is meltdowns and drama?

Couldn't just ban/mute/warn the stupid ones and let everyone else carry on like adults? These are the things that make no sense to me. How are PC gamers supposed to talk about anything outside this thread?
We're meant to remain here and don't u fkn forget it

FWIW trainers are my favourite part of PC Gaming. I always use em.

Nov 1, 2017
I wish Konami would release the legacy collection on steam (and no I don't mean the damn movie that is on steam) - would double dip or technically trip dip since I have mgs1 on ps1 , mgs2 and mgs3 in ps2 - though haven't touched those copies lol

Yup, I own the essential collection for PS2, Legacy Collection for PS3, in addition to the other main series ones. I'd buy them again if there was a PC collection. Maybe not $40 like capcom thinks the SF 30th Ann edition is worth, 29.99 is fine if it includes MGS1-4 and peace walker. MGS1 officially released on PC back in the day.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed there were literally people in that thread calling for people who use the trainer to extend their playtime beyond 30 minutes to be banned from Era for piracy.

Just for extending their playtime. Lmao.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1714083119974577978

Updated DLC Browsing Experience
11 JANUARY - ALDEN

We've just rolled out an update that makes it easier to find downloadable content for your favorite games. Any game that offers DLC will now have a sortable, featured page of all of its DLC in one place. Furthermore, (and especially for games that have a tons of DLC) we're providing ways for developers to customize how these pages by creating lists, adding branding and specifying which titles to feature.

That's incredible! Epic is only competing with Steam for a month, and Valve already started improving Steam after being dormant for years. Seems competition is good after all!

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I just noticed there were literally people in that thread calling for people who use the trainer to extend their playtime beyond 30 minutes to be banned from Era for piracy.

Just for extending their playtime. Lmao.
Imagine how they'll feel when they find out how Era extends ban times.

Status
Not open for further replies.