• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

98tT02E.png

Coffee Talk
- Uzzy

Coffee Talk, from Toge Productions, is a narrative driven bartending game. Set in an alternative Seattle, where orcs and elves roam the streets doing their mundane jobs alongside humans, you play as a barista in the eponymously named shop, you'll listen to their stories, mix drinks and change lives. All with a lo-fi jazzy musical accompaniment and relaxing aesthetic, pleasing to the eye and heart. Just look at it!

Steamgif.gif

So, yes, this is very much in the VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action groove, but from the demo at least it's slightly less comedic. Now I loved VA-11 Hall-A, and something like this, with the repetition of mixing drinks and changing lives, along with some soothing music and visuals, feels just right for January. A nice, relaxing way to start the year. I was slightly disappointed by the rather simple story I saw in the demo, but that's probably just the starting point, and the writing was good, so I'm not too worried there.

gK65o0a.png

Blade Runner
- Uzzy
Early in the 21st Century, THE TYRELL CORPORATION advanced Robot evolution into the NEXUS phase - a being virtually identical to a human - known as a Replicant. The NEXUS 6 Replicants were superior in strength and agility, and at least equal in intelligence, to the genetic engineers who created them. Replicants were used Off-world as slave labor, in the hazardous exploration and colonization of other planets. After a bloody mutiny by a NEXUS 6 combat team in an Off-world colony, Replicants were declared illegal on earth - under penalty of death. Special police squads - BLADE RUNNER UNITS - had orders to shoot to kill, upon detection, any trespassing Replicant.

This was not called execution. It was called retirement.

LOS ANGELES
NOVEMBER, 2019

One of Westwood Studios' finest works, and quite a departure from the RTS fare the studio was more famous for, Blade Runner is one of the most atmospheric point and click adventure games ever made. This time it's actually available, with GOG putting out a release just last month. You play as Ray McCoy, a rookie Blade Runner assigned to investigate a case of multiple animal murder. No person would murder one of the few remaining animals, so of course, Replicants are suspected in the crime. The game features a branching original storyline that can end in one of thirteen different ways, a side story set in the same time and place as the iconic and movie, cameos from some of the movie's characters (no Pris and her bangs, sorry Chloe) and the legendary Frank Klepacki scoring the game, based on Vangelis' work. You can currently play it on 64 bit PC's by installing it with this tool, and running it through ScummVM.

People who retired the right replicants: -
JIfmoDo.png

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Uzzy

Apparently The Witcher 3 is experiencing quite the resurgence of late. Why not prove you're as good as Henry Cavill up there and complete all the Witcher contracts in game?

People who earned the 'Geralt: The Professional - Complete all Witcher contracts' achievement: -
GxAoYEU.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME/J- ROCK/POP.
  • Maybe try not to drive posters away for sharing their thoughts on video games, alright? If you're not wanting to purchase a game for any reason, and someone discusses it in entirely unrelated terms, you don't necessarily have to tell them that you're not going to purchase it for that reason. I know that's something I could do better myself. That's not to say you can't discuss that reason, of course, you just don't have to everytime someone mentions a game in an unrelated context.

LfFWMTH.png

• How do I use Gift Bot? - Check here.
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send Uzzy a PM
  • What are Queen Of Hunting's reshades? How do I use them? - Reshade is an open-source advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games and video. Queen has been working on Reshade sets for a while. Most examples of Reshades she has seen have been full of Bloom and other exaggerated effects. She wanted to go for more subtle changes, like removing horrible tints in games, maxing textures better or color correcting to enhance the atmosphere of games. You can find the excellent Reshade's here.

LwKHelT.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
JccK6fo.png

It's that time again, and this time it's including the Game of the Decade poll.

Previous Years Results: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-goty-2018-awards.95925/

RIpiFfR.png

Read the Rules first, and send Uzzy a PM for the Google Forms link

Deadline for Voting is Midnight, 19th/20th January.

t1579392000z0.png

The categories for voting are:
  • Game of the Year 2019
  • Game of the Decade 2010 - 2019
  • Ongoing Game of the Year 2019 (Optional)
  • Early Access Game of the Year 2019 (Optional)
  • VR Game of the Year 2019 (Optional)
  • Turd of the Year 2019 (Optional)
GOTY Award:
  • Up to 5 choices can be submitted, points based system:
    5th Choice (1 point)
    4th Choice (2 points)
    3rd Choice (3 points)
    2nd Choice (4 points)
    1st Choice (5 points)
  • For 1st Choice you will need to write a response on why you have chosen it as your GOTY.
GOTD Award:
  • Up to 10 choices can be submitted, points based system:
    10th Choice (1 point)
    9th Choice (2 points)
    8th Choice (3 points)
    7th Choice (4 points)
    6th Choice (5 points)
    5th Choice (6 points)
    4th Choice (7 points)
    3rd Choice (8 points)
    2nd Choice (9 points)
    1st Choice (10 points)
  • For 1st Choice you will need to write a response on why you have chosen it as your GOTD.
Ongoing, Early Access, VR and Turd of the Year are all optional, one choice each.

Eligibility:
  • Any game fully released on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2019 is eligible for Game of the Year 2019 This includes remakes and remasters, provided that there is a new executable.
  • Any game fully released on any PC platform between 1st January 2010 to 31st Dec 2019 is eligible for Game of the Decade 2010 - 2019. This includes remakes and remasters, provided that there is a new executable. A remake/remaster/update of a game released during that time frame will count separately only if both versions are currently available to purchase on Steam. (I.e. DARK SOULS™: Prepare To Die™ Edition is not eligible, as it is no longer available to purchase. Vote for DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED instead.)
  • Any game released prior to 1st January 2010 which received content updates between 1st January 2010 to 31st Dec 2019 is also eligible for Game of the Decade 2019. New content can be in the form of patches, DLC or general updates, but not bug fixes. (I.e. League of Legends and Minecraft are eligible)
  • Any game fully released prior to 1st January 2019 which received content updates between 1st January 2019 to 31st Dec 2019 is eligible for Ongoing Game of the Year 2019. New content can be in the form of patches, DLC or general updates, but not bug fixes.
  • Any game released into Early Access (or equivalent) on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2019 is eligible for Early Access Game of the Year 2019.
  • Any game fully released on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2019 which requires or recommends the use of a VR headset is eligible for VR Game of the Year 2019.
  • Any game fully released on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2019 is eligible for Turd of the Year. We're looking for the worst games.
  • As ResetEra is a predominantly English language website, any game getting an English translation in 2019 is eligible.
To prevent a recurrence of last years mix up, please copy the title of the game you wish to vote for from Steam (or other platform if only available there) precisely, including trademark notices. (I.e. if you want to vote for RE7, put 'RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil' into the voting form. If you want to vote for Witcher 3, put 'The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt' as that's what it comes under on Steam.) I will be parsing the votes to try to get everything counted, but this sort of consistency will help.

Do not:
  • Vote more than once
  • Share the link with anyone, it's for you alone and to verify who's voted.
  • Submit the same game more than once in the same category.
  • Choose an Ongoing or Early Access game for the GOTY award.
Do:
  • Feel free to submit games from any PC platform, Steam, GOG, EGS, Stardock, whatever you want.
  • Feel free to submit fewer than 5 or 10 games for GOTY/GOTD. You must submit 1 for each, however.
  • Contact me if you spot a problem or have any questions about the vote.
  • Have fun!

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
nice thread

(Great work as usual, Uzzy. Thanks 🤩)

May we continue to be blessed with many more in the new year.

Last edited:

ultimate_sigh

Sep 29, 2019
I actually started my Witcher 2 playthrough a couple of days ago. Hopefully won't take the approximately 7 years to complete like the first game.

Oct 25, 2017
We are at the beginning of the Epic Games decade, folks. It was nice knowing you, Steam, but where we're going, we don't need shopping carts.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Man, so just a few days ago I got my PC, after being pretty much exclusively consoles for about 6-7 years.

I stayed up for like 54 hours playing so much awesome stuff. Slept for 10 hours and I'm already close to another 24 awake. So many amazing games, I legitimately feel like a kid again with all this excitement!

I'm so happy to be back on PC.

Heh, just realized I ended the decade and began the new decade on a really fantastic note!

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
We are at the beginning of the Epic Games decade, folks. It was nice knowing you, Steam, but where we're going, we don't need shopping carts.

Have you not read about shopping cart deaths? Those are way too dangerous for mere mortals.
That's why Epic locked carts in dark basement.

Think I might go all Stadia this decade.

Xbox is gonna kill Stadia before end of this decade.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Happy new year everyone! Would be fun to complete either the challenge or retro of this month. Will see how I progress with RDR2 and Tetris Effect.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
New year, new decade, new thread, old me!
Happy New Year y'all, let's make 2020 a good one 💜

I finally updated my Steam Profile after literal YEARS of just leaving it alone lol - https://steamcommunity.com/id/jawmuncher/

Took a good bit to re-arrange everything, but now i'm pretty happy with it and will leave it alone for a few more years lol.

Looking noice indeed! Recently did mine to look aesthetic as hell, pretty happy with how it turned out.

fB8Fqk9.jpg

Finished my GoG winter sale haul today. (What turned into quite a hassle, cause my spendit card's region lock is now in full swing and even blocks Paypal completely now, but different story.)
First I added Lorelai to the cart. Then Downfall Redux. Never Alone was last. Now they turn up in my libary in this order: Lorelai, Downfall Original, Never Alone, Downfall Redux.
Wtf GoG, why separate the two Downfalls?! That looks awful!
I hate this year already. -.-'

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really thought the title of the thread would be
PC Gaming ERA | January 2020 - Visible Disgust

Happy new year everyone!

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Happy New Year everyone, purchased my first game of 2020 Hades!
This year I shall only purchase great games and 0 bundles!

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Geralt: The Professional: Complete all witcher contracts. Unlocked 6 Jun, 2015 @ 11:01pm (before it was cool).

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It just occurred to me that Assassin's Creed 2 would be eligible for PC GOTD. That game feels ancient but still so damn good.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I have the following in my Steam cart:

Baba is You
Dicey Dungeons
Kind Words
Slay the Spire

Comes to about £22.50 with some Steam/PayPal credit I have.

These will all run on my ancient laptop, right? Only one I'm not sure about is StS...

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have the following in my Steam cart:

Baba is You
Dicey Dungeons
Kind Words
Slay the Spire

Comes to about £22.50 with some Steam/PayPal credit I have.

These will all run on my ancient laptop, right? Only one I'm not sure about is StS...
Speaking from personal experience, aside from the Kind Words which I don't know, pretty much yeah lol

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Happy New Years guys/gals, whats the game you greeted 2020?

Trying out Little Nightmares, and getting a little dizzy with the boat motion. Lol I'm such a lightweight.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Ok it is 2020 so where are new cards Nvidia?!Amazing games are coming and i am stuck with 1060 XD

Also it looks like that some Denuvo protected games stopped working in 2020 XD

Status
Not open for further replies.