• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i downloaded halo mcc for pc...and where are the PC graphics settings? is is just performance/original/enhanced? is that really it?

why aren't there more granular options? i thought the limited options were just due to the beta/flights or whatever they were calling it

edit - i played through the first level and oh boy the audio is bad...guess i will wait for them to improve things before i play more
also, no split screen, which is a bother. they should at the very least bring all the features of the xbox version to the pc version.

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been keeping about 15 save slots for Gothic 2, but they are a bit mixed up and sometimes I overwrite if I haven't gone far. Therefore I managed to lose over an hour of progress because the game crashed during a save. 🤦‍♂️

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Humble has been whack twice in a row for me. I'll give them one more pause month and then i'm backing out.
I haven't seen ANYTHING that makes this new format better, at least not in the sense of keeping a sub.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
On chapter 3 of RDR2.

Man, Arthur really acts like an asshole older brother to Marston.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Wasnt just that competitive" I mean, Epic is losing money at every sale, of course they cant be competitive with that shit.
Oh for sure they are losing hilarious amounts of money from these free games and discounts cutting into their cut not the developers. I still believe it is the best to take advantage of simply because of good it is for a consumer, the whole argument I've had since EGS came in. Do good consumer choice and I'll reward you, do bad and I say how shit you are.

They still very much are a shitty company with their exclusivity practices and Fortnite crunch, don't get me wrong.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I was trying to play the first Fallout and my run came to an end when I accidentally shot my companion instead of a rat, and he killed me in return.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Made it to the 4th chapter of Metro Exodus. I actually think it might end up being my favourite in the series. Still a ways to go, but man, If it has a 2033 library like level or last light dead city like level then that'll cement it for me

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
i downloaded halo mcc for pc...and where are the PC graphics settings? is is just performance/original/enhanced? is that really it?

why aren't there more granular options? i thought the limited options were just due to the beta/flights or whatever they were calling it

edit - i played through the first level and oh boy the audio is bad...guess i will wait for them to improve things before i play more
also, no split screen, which is a bother. they should at the very least bring all the features of the xbox version to the pc version.
Yeah the port is quite bad sadly, it seems MCC is just cursed, failed on Xbox & now PC too. it's harsh to say but it's hard to deny it.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Made it to the 4th chapter of Metro Exodus. I actually think it might end up being my favourite in the series. Still a ways to go, but man, If it has a 2033 library like level or last light dead city like level then that'll cement it for me
Keep playing...

Chapter 4 is the longest, so if it doesn't exhaust you, you will probably enjoy the rest.

I finished my first Hardcore Leon playthrough! Started 2nd Run as Claire, and man, does she feel squishy- starting off facing 5 combos in a small courtyard sure doesn't help.

As a result I've been using the knife and crowd control stuff like grenades a lot more. This may end up being a net positive?

I think I might need an easy mode run afterwards just to mop up some more achievements, though.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Humble has been whack twice in a row for me. I'll give them one more pause month and then i'm backing out.
I haven't seen ANYTHING that makes this new format better, at least not in the sense of keeping a sub.
I'm pausing for now.

It would be nice if you had the choice of all the games so far when you unpause but that's wishful thinking.

It's a shame because I really wanted 2 Point Hospital but none of the rest is really screaming at me.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Well Arthur is kinda right to treat him like that after thing Marston did. And after you learn other thing XD
I'm contemplating how to progress with RDR2. Playing as a good guy makes for plenty of ludonarrative dissonance when doing the main missions. While I mostly enjoy the free roaming maybe it would be better just to push on in the main story. Would also like to play the Metro games asap, but have been good at finishing games before moving on to others lately.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I like this month's picks on Humble. Dirt 2, GRIP, Graveyard Keeper, Two Point Hospital and Whispers of a Machine all look good. Will unlock it later this month probably.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I'm contemplating how to progress with RDR2. Playing as a good guy makes for plenty of ludonarrative dissonance when doing the main missions. While I mostly enjoy the free roaming maybe it would be better just to push on in the main story. Would also like to play the Metro games asap, but have been good at finishing games before moving on to others lately.

Well i wouldn't say that. When you do main stories you mostly deal with shady people at best not with common folk so being more "evil" doesn't break things. Dosing Side Quest is where you deal with common folk and where you have kinda more choice.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Humble on the classic plan has been much better for me so far. I skipped so many months previously because the revealed games just weren't for me only to sometimes regret it when seeing the later additions.

I doubt I'd be subscribing without the classic plan though.

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
Why backing out and losing your classic plan though? Even if there's nothing you're interested in, you can pause as much months as you like.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Would of been two months of junk you hated you paid for you couldn't of paused, but now you can go peek at it go ew and pause. No idea how it's not better to be honest, unless you like surprises

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
So gave the flash game Detective Grimoire a try. Was cute and short, the sequels on steam look like they improve a lot on it. Didn't know it was from the same peeps that did Haunt the House, was like one of the first playstation mobile games I bought.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm past the days of needing my collection numbers to go up. Ii'll definitely put higher priced quality content even if fewer over more.

This month is one of their best bundles ever imo. Notable AAAs, very interesting Indies. It was my 8th choice before I felt like I was making up the numbers. But to each their own.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
maxresdefault.jpg

PC Gaming ERA GOTY 2019
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
JccK6fo.png

It's that time again, and this time it's including the Game of the Decade poll.

Previous Years Results: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-goty-2018-awards.95925/

RIpiFfR.png

Read the Rules first, and send Uzzy a PM for the Google Forms link

Deadline for Voting is Midnight, 19th/20th January.

t1579392000z0.png

The categories for voting are:
  • Game of the Year 2019
  • Game of the Decade 2010 - 2019
  • Ongoing Game of the Year 2019 (Optional)
  • Early Access Game of the Year 2019 (Optional)
  • VR Game of the Year 2019 (Optional)
  • Turd of the Year 2019 (Optional)
GOTY Award:
  • Up to 5 choices can be submitted, points based system:
    5th Choice (1 point)
    4th Choice (2 points)
    3rd Choice (3 points)
    2nd Choice (4 points)
    1st Choice (5 points)
  • For 1st Choice you will need to write a response on why you have chosen it as your GOTY.
GOTD Award:
  • Up to 10 choices can be submitted, points based system:
    10th Choice (1 point)
    9th Choice (2 points)
    8th Choice (3 points)
    7th Choice (4 points)
    6th Choice (5 points)
    5th Choice (6 points)
    4th Choice (7 points)
    3rd Choice (8 points)
    2nd Choice (9 points)
    1st Choice (10 points)
  • For 1st Choice you will need to write a response on why you have chosen it as your GOTD.
Ongoing, Early Access, VR and Turd of the Year are all optional, one choice each.

Eligibility:
  • Any game fully released on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2019 is eligible for Game of the Year 2019 This includes remakes and remasters, provided that there is a new executable.
  • Any game fully released on any PC platform between 1st January 2010 to 31st Dec 2019 is eligible for Game of the Decade 2010 - 2019. This includes remakes and remasters, provided that there is a new executable. A remake/remaster/update of a game released during that time frame will count separately only if both versions are currently available to purchase on Steam. (I.e. DARK SOULS™: Prepare To Die™ Edition is not eligible, as it is no longer available to purchase. Vote for DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED instead.)
  • Any game released prior to 1st January 2010 which received content updates between 1st January 2010 to 31st Dec 2019 is also eligible for Game of the Decade 2019. New content can be in the form of patches, DLC or general updates, but not bug fixes. (I.e. League of Legends and Minecraft are eligible)
  • Any game fully released prior to 1st January 2019 which received content updates between 1st January 2019 to 31st Dec 2019 is eligible for Ongoing Game of the Year 2019. New content can be in the form of patches, DLC or general updates, but not bug fixes.
  • Any game released into Early Access (or equivalent) on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2019 is eligible for Early Access Game of the Year 2019.
  • Any game fully released on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2019 which requires or recommends the use of a VR headset is eligible for VR Game of the Year 2019.
  • Any game fully released on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2019 is eligible for Turd of the Year. We're looking for the worst games.
  • As ResetEra is a predominantly English language website, any game getting an English translation in 2019 is eligible.
To prevent a recurrence of last years mix up, please copy the title of the game you wish to vote for from Steam (or other platform if only available there) precisely, including trademark notices. (I.e. if you want to vote for RE7, put 'RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil' into the voting form. If you want to vote for Witcher 3, put 'The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt' as that's what it comes under on Steam.) I will be parsing the votes to try to get everything counted, but this sort of consistency will help.

Do not:
  • Vote more than once
  • Share the link with anyone, it's for you alone and to verify who's voted.
  • Submit the same game more than once in the same category.
  • Choose an Ongoing or Early Access game for the GOTY award.
Do:
  • Feel free to submit games from any PC platform, Steam, GOG, EGS, Stardock, whatever you want.
  • Feel free to submit fewer than 5 or 10 games for GOTY/GOTD. You must submit 1 for each, however.
  • Contact me if you spot a problem or have any questions about the vote.
  • Have fun!

Last edited:

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So this is Philly Spencer's glorious pc plan, even halo ce in 2003 had much more to offer.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I'll admit I'm pretty picky with games, especially when it comes to indies lol.

I can see how the bundle can be disappointing, but it still has several hitters in it in my opinion.

Ralley 2.0 is great if you are into racing games.
Grip is a successor to Rollcage and has great reviews.
Two Point Hospital is in it.
Whisper of the Machine seems to be a great PnC.
Graveyard Keeper is a great game.
Unrailed also has great reviews.

I think most people here are still on the classic plan and I would argue if this would have been a normal HB with tiers up to 12$, everyone would say that it would be a great Humble Bundle.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Here is my vote:

Game of the year
So this was a very interesting year and also a great one to end the decade. With the resurgance of Tycoon and Citybuilders continuing, giving us more games than we could ever hope less than 5 years ago. And then, there is the writing in videogame. Videogame writing has steadily improved from subpar to halfwar decent, but this year indie writing has been more than excelent.

All in all, this year gave us a great push into what I believe the main advantage of gaming is compared to other entertainment media: interactivity in story telling coming mostly from some great indie titles, while not forgetting the importance of solid gameplay and replayability.

5. Rise of Industry
Rise of Industry is probably one of the best tycoon games ever. The simple graphics hide a ton of detail and the complexity of building your industry and adapting to both the map resources and wants is something that will keep you hooked.

4. Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Planetfall is the worthy successor of AoW3. Every single aspect is better, with combat being more interesting in this sci-fi world. One of the best 4x games of the decade.

3. Baba Is You
Baba is You is probably one of the smartest and simplest Puzzles games ever. Having the rules on the map of the game and allowing the user to modify them to beat the game is such a simple but genious idea. The complexity of the game quickly ramps up, while still being "simple".
Baba Is You Is Great.

2. Heaven's Vault
Heaven's Vault has you play as an Archeologist that has to map up the old history of your world, by finding old objects and learning the old language that was forgotten long time ago. Having you play and try to figure out the history and being wrong, and never being able to be sure due to the distance with the past, while the main character is as unsure as you and tries to figure things out is great interactivity.
As someone who really loves history, this game clearly spoke to me.

1. * Disco Elysium
Disco Elysium feel like a great role play campaign with a great DM. Every single small decision will have impact in the development of your character and the game is smart enough to have different reactions depending on his thoughts.
This game will probably have a huge impact on the focus of story telling and character development for years to come.

Game of the Decade
I think for me what has clearly changed this decade is how long games live. Whenever I think of all the great games of this decade, I think of how long and how nearly infinite replayable they are, and how important that has been for me.
I think 2019 might have some nice challengers for the GOTD but they are just too close to my memory right now to put them in there as worthy challengers as they havent stood the test of time yet, nor had the time to shake the industry.

11. Minecraft
Minecraft is one of the greatest games of all time, and it had a big impact in me, however I never really thought of it as one of the best 2010s game, so it didnt make the top 10 in the end.

10. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
I know I said I didnt think any 2019 game would make the cut, butAge of Empires 2 is the greatest RTS ever. This position was originally for Age of Empires 2:HD but the new rerelease bested that game improving every single aspect, so it has to be here instead of the HD version.

9. Dota 2
One of the greates e-sports games of all time, it gave us The International with all its hype moments. The game is super complex and great to watch and play.

8. Sid Meier's Civilization®️ V
With the DLC, it is the best base Civ game. The change to hexagons and one unit per tile had a great effect in how the new bunch of 4x games had.

7. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
CS:GO. The first worthy successor to CS1.6. One of the greatest shooters of all time.

6. Portal 2
Portal 2 is one of the most interesting puzzles games of all time, with a great storytelling and besting its predecessor. But what made it better was the workshop, allowing people to make their own maps and easily share them with everyone.

5. Stellaris
A great combination of 4x and Grand Strategy in a sci-fi package. Easily accessible and full of love to any and every sci-fi.

4. Endless Legend™️
The greatest 4x game of all time. Amazing graphics, great introduction of the quest system which gives you shorter term and reactive goals, breaking the normal slow grind of 4x.

3. Cities: Skylines
With the dead of Simcity, and the slow decline of traditional PC genres, everyone expected the worst at the start of this decade. Skylines showed that PC genres were here to stay and opened up a new golden age.

2. Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition
A great RPG, with some of the best turn-based systems ever. The interactivity in combat and quests is top notch and will be difficult to beat.

1. * Crusader Kings II
A great combination of strategy and role-playing, with some of the best emergent story-telling, allowing every single playthrough to feel unique and make you want to try more and weirder decisions.
The DLC and continuous support of the game through the decade expanded it and made it one of the best games of all time.

Runner's up: Witcher 3, Chivalry, No Man's Sky, Victoria 2, Europa Universalis 4, Monster Hunter World, Disco Elysium, Mount and Blade, Dwarf Fortress

Oct 26, 2017
Here is my vote:

Game of the year
So this was a very interesting year and also a great one to end the decade. With the resurgance of Tycoon and Citybuilders continuing, giving us more games than we could ever hope less than 5 years ago. And then, there is the writing in videogame. Videogame writing has steadily improved from subpar to halfwar decent, but this year indie writing has been more than excelent.

All in all, this year gave us a great push into what I believe the main advantage of gaming is compared to other entertainment media: interactivity in story telling coming mostly from some great indie titles, while not forgetting the importance of solid gameplay and replayability.

5. Rise of Industry
Rise of Industry is probably one of the best tycoon games ever. The simple graphics hide a ton of detail and the complexity of building your industry and adapting to both the map resources and wants is something that will keep you hooked.

4. Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Planetfall is the worthy successor of AoW3. Every single aspect is better, with combat being more interesting in this sci-fi world. One of the best 4x games of the decade.

3. Baba Is You
Baba is You is probably one of the smartest and simplest Puzzles games ever. Having the rules on the map of the game and allowing the user to modify them to beat the game is such a simple but genious idea. The complexity of the game quickly ramps up, while still being "simple".
Baba Is You Is Great.

2. Heaven's Vault
Heaven's Vault has you play as an Archeologist that has to map up the old history of your world, by finding old objects and learning the old language that was forgotten long time ago. Having you play and try to figure out the history and being wrong, and never being able to be sure due to the distance with the past, while the main character is as unsure as you and tries to figure things out is great interactivity.
As someone who really loves history, this game clearly spoke to me.

1. * Disco Elysium
Disco Elysium feel like a great role play campaign with a great DM. Every single small decision will have impact in the development of your character and the game is smart enough to have different reactions depending on his thoughts.
This game will probably have a huge impact on the focus of story telling and character development for years to come.

Game of the Decade
I think for me what has clearly changed this decade is how long games live. Whenever I think of all the great games of this decade, I think of how long and how nearly infinite replayable they are, and how important that has been for me.
I think 2019 might have some nice challengers for the GOTD but they are just too close to my memory right now to put them in there as worthy challengers as they havent stood the test of time yet, nor had the time to shake the industry.

11. Minecraft
Minecraft is one of the greatest games of all time, and it had a big impact in me, however I never really thought of it as one of the best 2010s game, so it didnt make the top 10 in the end.

10. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
I know I said I didnt think any 2019 game would make the cut, butAge of Empires 2 is the greatest RTS ever. This position was originally for Age of Empires 2:HD but the new rerelease bested that game improving every single aspect, so it has to be here instead of the HD version.

9. Dota 2
One of the greates e-sports games of all time, it gave us The International with all its hype moments. The game is super complex and great to watch and play.

8. Sid Meier's Civilization®️ V
With the DLC, it is the best base Civ game. The change to hexagons and one unit per tile had a great effect in how the new bunch of 4x games had.

7. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
CS:GO. The first worthy successor to CS1.6. One of the greatest shooters of all time.

6. Portal 2
Portal 2 is one of the most interesting puzzles games of all time, with a great storytelling and besting its predecessor. But what made it better was the workshop, allowing people to make their own maps and easily share them with everyone.

5. Stellaris
A great combination of 4x and Grand Strategy in a sci-fi package. Easily accessible and full of love to any and every sci-fi.

4. Endless Legend™️
The greatest 4x game of all time. Amazing graphics, great introduction of the quest system which gives you shorter term and reactive goals, breaking the normal slow grind of 4x.

3. Cities: Skylines
With the dead of Simcity, and the slow decline of traditional PC genres, everyone expected the worst at the start of this decade. Skylines showed that PC genres were here to stay and opened up a new golden age.

2. Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition
A great RPG, with some of the best turn-based systems ever. The interactivity in combat and quests is top notch and will be difficult to beat.

1. * Crusader Kings II
A great combination of strategy and role-playing, with some of the best emergent story-telling, allowing every single playthrough to feel unique and make you want to try more and weirder decisions.
The DLC and continuous support of the game through the decade expanded it and made it one of the best games of all time.

Runner's up: Witcher 3, Chivalry, No Man's Sky, Victoria 2, Europa Universalis 4, Monster Hunter World, Disco Elysium, Mount and Blade, Dwarf Fortress

PC titles, good.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So far both Humble Choice bundles were a win for me. Blasphemous and Dirt Rally were both games I was highly interested in and on the classic plan they were both cheaper than the current deepest discount (in addition to 17 other games I haven't owned yet which all seem like quality titles, with a nice mix from AAA to Indie).

When you're on the classic plan I fail to see how Choice isn't better because now you can actually see everything you pay for upfront.

On the other hand the prices for the other plans don't seem very attractive at all.

Oct 25, 2017
They are actually PC-centric titles and not console games.

This seems like a narrow-minded way of thinking. To me, the appeal of PC as a gaming platform is that it can play more or less anything that can be played on a console and more. And if there are some top-notch games on PC that happen to be designed with consoles in mind, they shouldn't be ignored on the grounds that they aren't part of the aforementioned "more."

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah the port is quite bad sadly, it seems MCC is just cursed, failed on Xbox & now PC too. it's harsh to say but it's hard to deny it.

I was interested until I learned that they weren't releasing the games all at once, instead we get an extremely slow drip feed. I know Halo Reach is a prequel but I'd still rather play them in the original release order.

Oct 26, 2017
This seems like a narrow-minded way of thinking. To me, the appeal of PC as a gaming platform is that it can play more or less anything that can be played on a console and more. And if there are some top-notch games on PC that happen to be designed with consoles in mind, they shouldn't be ignored on the grounds that they aren't part of the aforementioned "more."

No one said it should be ignored?
You are reaching my dude lol

Made my first game for this year Steamworld Dig 2, and it's really a great improvement compared to the first.
Just having a wall jump makes traversel so much butter!
But the lamp still goes out too quickly and the bag is annoyingly small in the beginning.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Everything below top-3 on my Game of the Decade list was HARD to choose. I submitted:
GOTY (my top-5 from here):
  1. Slay the Spire - I will for sure play Slay the Spire for years to come. A masterpiece already, and with more hours in the future it might even start to threaten FTL as my favourite game of all time.
  2. Tetris Effect
  3. Control
  4. Shenmue III
  5. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  1. FTL: Faster Then Light - FTL is by a wide margin my most played game, and for so many reasons. So deceptively simple at first, so impossibly hard after a while, so incredibly rewarding when finally mastered. I can not think of anything that would improve FTL to be honest.
  2. Hollow Knight
  3. The Witness
  4. STEINS;GATE
  5. Into the Breach
  6. Subnautica
  7. Slay the Spire
  8. The Swapper
  9. Super Meat Boy
  10. FEZ
There are so many honorable mentions, absurd to push out titles as Skyrim, Her Story, Transistor, Valkyria Chronicles, MGSV, Inside, Firewatch, Factorio, Obra Dinn, Shovel Knight and many more.

I gave
Slay the Spire "Ongoing Game of the Year"
and
Factorio "Early Access Game of the Year"
Looking forward to see others' lists!

Last edited:

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
So, 8 years LTTP I'm playing ME3. Some of the decisions with regard to the galactic readiness rating were shite. Making people play MP or an app on their phone. what. Fortunately the N7 HQ is still up so I can just do the stupid automated missions on there.

There is even some stuff you could only get from an ipad app.

Terrible choices.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
PC GOTY
9. My Friend Pedro
A short side-scrolling action game that definitely didn't live up to the hype of the trailers I saw, but it got that sick Devolver Digital humor both in story and gameplay.

8. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
The second installment was always the worst one in the series for me although I never gave it much of a chance. Now after the remaster I still feel the same way - it's more of an expansion pack to the first game. Still a great RTS but a perfect example of when more is less.

7. Grim Dawn - Forgotten Gods Expansion
The first expansion to the greatest PvE ARPG ever was as essential as Lord of Destruction for Diablo 2 - Ashes of Malmouth. Forgotten Gods however didn't really add much and the environments were mostly big and bland. But it's still a reason to continue playing Grim Dawn and that's never bad.

6. ACE COMBAT™ 7: SKIES UNKNOWN
My first Ace Combat in many years but I immediately got the same feeling playing it as when I was a kid. The mix of action and heavy story is so odd yet works perfectly and the graphics and soundtrack are great as well. Too bad replayability is awful since you have to listen through radio chatter for several minutes every time you take on a mission.

5. Halo: Reach
I did play through the campaign on Xbox 360 so I focused on online this time on PC. It works well with mouse and keyboard, gameplay is really smooth and I like how clean the graphics are - definitely gets me Unreal Tournament vibes. However the movement is too slow and the maps are too vertical with some maps having like five floors which makes the game too sniper/camping centric.

4. The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series
First time playing this and while adventure games are not really my thing, I love The Walking Dead and I was surprised at how much I liked the games. The story is awesome and it really feels like you're watching TV episodes.

3. Gears 5
While not the strongest campaign (I hated the open world elements), the multiplayer is really fun and works okay with mouse and keyboard. I wish the game had more maps in TDM though - it has too many modes with too many exclusive maps for each one. A huge plus for having crossplay with consoles as well.

2. Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®
Online is great and I'm sure Spec-Ops is really fun if you have a dedicated team. But what really stands out is the campaign - probably the best one in all of CoD. The gameplay is old-school and clean and reminds me of CoD2/4. Graphics and cutscenes are surprisingly good considering how well the game runs on PC. I'm so happy we got this reboot.

1. RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2
Not having played the original, there was a lot of hype for this game, and it delivered. I prefer the first person view from RE7 but it's still a top horror game. The police department almost matches The Mansion in epicness. I did not particularly like the new music though, I bought the old soundtrack but the fact that you have to buy it is pretty meh. Also the DLC was disappointed with rehashed areas. This year was pretty weak so it still gets my GOTY, and as far as horror games go there's still nothing better than RE.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
So, 8 years LTTP I'm playing ME3. Some of the decisions with regard to the galactic readiness rating were shite. Making people play MP or an app on their phone. what. Fortunately the N7 HQ is still up so I can just do the stupid automated missions on there.
Find the ME3 save editor. You can change the readiness value from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.