• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I see this as a good thing hopefully we will see more chinese developers producing games on steam.
Honestly, I think it's more likely that it will accelerate the production of the China client, and then the Chinese government will block Steam and the numbers will evaporate.

Since it's currently operating in a grey area, I don't think many publishers are going to rely on it (they have their own games services over there). They may do it while they can, but I don't think anybody really expects it to remain open forever.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Metal Gear Rising was released almost 7 years ago... and still no MGR2.

Come on man, come ON :(
konami is barely even active in game publishing these days. they put out maybe one or two c-tier games (and PES) every year and that's it

only hope for this to happen is another publisher buying the Metal Gear IP, which actually doesn't seem unthinkable to me at this point

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
konami is barely even active in game publishing these days. they put out maybe one or two c-tier games (and PES) every year and that's it

only hope for this to happen is another publisher buying the Metal Gear IP, which actually doesn't seem unthinkable to me at this point

Based on their treatment of Contra, Castlevania, etc they will just try to use re-releases and anniversary collections to go along with the occasional terrible reboot. Metal Gear is too valuable to sell but too worthless to buy and make new games of without Kojima.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Uzzy it happened, Steam upgraded Music!

Today there's a new "soundtrack" app type. For music content, this has many improvements over DLC:

• customers can now purchase soundtracks without purchasing the base game.
  • customers can now download soundtracks without downloading the base game.
  • customers can browse and manage their owned and downloaded soundtracks directly from the new Steam library.
  • customers can configure a Steam "music" directory where all soundtrack content will be placed, rather than having to locate it in subdirectories of game content.
  • developers can upload and manage soundtrack content entirely through the partner site, without using steamcmd.
  • developers can sell soundtracks where the base game itself is not available for sale on Steam.
(...)
First, soundtracks can support multiple quality levels. Every soundtrack will contain a set of standard MP3s, but soundtracks can also include optional high-quality audio depots (ie., FLAC, or raw WAV). Individual customers can opt-in to these larger, higher-quality audio files.

Second, there's a new interface for soundtracks in the Steam Library. This interface is minimal for now, but is designed to make it as painless as possible to perform the most common actions: playback, browsing, and managing contents.

Third, soundtracks can now contain bits of associated content, including album art and liner notes. These bits of content can also be viewed from the details page for a soundtrack in the Steam Library.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I have Disco Elysium on GOG but the soundtrack is only available on Steam, so that update is super helpful to me.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
MGS2 working perfectly on the emulator 🙏😢

pD4PBmZ.png
T2fQxNK.png

May 30, 2018
hey gang- recently got a new PC and am finally planning to backup all my stuff from my old one and wipe it. has there ever been something similar to SuperDuper on Macs that would let me just make a bootable backup of the OS and files in place? or maybe something that will dump a list of all my installed programs and licenses?

probably unlikely but figured i'd ask!

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
hey gang- recently got a new PC and am finally planning to backup all my stuff from my old one and wipe it. has there ever been something similar to SuperDuper on Macs that would let me just make a bootable backup of the OS and files in place? or maybe something that will dump a list of all my installed programs and licenses?

probably unlikely but figured i'd ask!

If you google about creating a list of all installed programs you'll find the required commands.

There's also Ninite to create a nice simple install from a choice of commonly used programs etc.

I not sure if it's suitable but Macrium Reflect can clone things.

MagicJellyBean is a keyfinder for product keys. Pretty useful.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused about MHW Iceborne.

Redeemed my key, and I found it in my DLC section for MHW

zBAnutv.png

but its not in my downloads tab

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i bought a MH Iceborne code from GMG but they still don't have the key and the DLC drops tomorrow. well, there are still ~11 hours left in the day

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Should be able to pick up my new pc early next week. Fast-tracked the purchase because a friend of mine wanted to play Gears 5 in co-op, but now I'll be able to play Control in the best way too. Was going to pick the RTX 2060S but ultimately went for the 2070S.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Why is the WindowsApps folder like this?

EDIT: I'm trying to delete the whole thing off of my secondary games drive and I just can't. I may have to just format the whole thing.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the WindowsApps folder like this?

EDIT: I'm trying to delete the whole thing off of my secondary games drive and I just can't. I may have to just format the whole thing.
You have to change ownership of the folder to your user instead of [system], and then you can delete it if you boot into safe mode. It's not good.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best racing game on Steam?

A sim preferably but I am also open to anything.

Racing Sim and if you have your own wheel controller.
store.steampowered.com

Assetto Corsa on Steam

Assetto Corsa v1.16 introduces the new "Laguna Seca" laser-scanned track, 7 new cars among which the eagerly awaited Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio! Check the changelog for further info!

If you want to master time trial by yourself and race ghosts.

Heavy sim and high graphics.

Any of the Codemaster titles. Dirt Rally (though you can find older versions on various key sites for cheaper and still good) or F1 are top notch for sims in those types of racing.

Demolition.
store.steampowered.com

Wreckfest on Steam

Wreckfest is a demolition derby themed racing game with soft-body damage modeling, sophisticated driving dynamics and in-depth vehicle upgrading, featuring both demolition derbies and more traditional track races. It’s all about fun, breakneck racing and over-the-top crashes.

Cheaper demolition
store.steampowered.com

Save 80% on FlatOut 2™ on Steam

DRIVING THIS RECKLESS IS NO ACCIDENT! But you might want to cause a few. In these high-speed races, the more damage you inflict, the better. The ultimate in turbo-charged cars and the craziest competitor drivers are waiting to test your best destructive streak. Responsible drivers need not apply.

Crazy fun. Not a sim, but life would be nicer if life was this.

Kart racing.
store.steampowered.com

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Collection on Steam

Compete across land, water and air in incredible transforming vehicles that change from cars to boats to planes mid-race.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Is this where the gaming rig building community is because I'm at my wit's end looking for something.

Basically I'm looking for a modern replacement for the radeon r9 nano gpu. Something that with less than 7-inch (or 180mm) length with 4GB mem for a mini build. Can't seem to find anything sub 9in anymore and the only nano's I am finding on the market look like used bitcoin mining veterans.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Is this where the gaming rig building community is because I'm at my wit's end looking for something.

Basically I'm looking for a modern replacement for the radeon r9 nano gpu. Something that with less than 7-inch (or 180mm) length with 4GB mem for a mini build. Can't seem to find anything sub 9in anymore and the only nano's I am finding on the market look like used bitcoin mining veterans.
www.resetera.com

The PC Builders Thread ("I Need a New PC") v2

Welcome to the PC Builders Thread, where we talk about computer hardware! Whether you're upgrading your existing computer, want to build a new one, have a question, or just like talking about computers in general - we've got you covered! Fall - Winter 2019: AMD will release their new...

Although you can still post and ask here.

Info I could find:

Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Super Twin Fan
That is 6.8 inches and 6GB of VRAM. I wouldnt personally recommend 4GB of VRAM nowadays but it depends what you want it for.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
www.resetera.com

The PC Builders Thread ("I Need a New PC") v2

Welcome to the PC Builders Thread, where we talk about computer hardware! Whether you're upgrading your existing computer, want to build a new one, have a question, or just like talking about computers in general - we've got you covered! Fall - Winter 2019: AMD will release their new...

Although you can still post and ask here.

Thanks! I'll ask there as well

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Hollow Knight
Mass Effect 2
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Life is Strange
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Portal 2
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Monster Hunter: World
Dying Light

Hon. mentions:
FTL
Deus Ex: HR/MD
ME3
Shadowrun: HK
The Division
Dirty Bomb
Apex Legends
Bloodstained RotN
Supraland
Vermintide
ELEX
Quantum Break
South Park: TSoT
MGSV
Wasteland 2
Guacamelee!
Gone Home
Alan Wake
Telltale's The Walking Dead

It was so hard to make a GotD list. I was able to import all my libraries into GoG and it has a nifty "sort by release year" function, paired with "order by time played" and it was easy to see what my most played games of the decade were.

lots of great stuff I had to leave off :(

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
You have to change ownership of the folder to your user instead of [system], and then you can delete it if you boot into safe mode. It's not good.

I'd done that in like three different ways. In the end I just had to format which wasn't a big deal as I'd isolated my Gamepass installs thanks to some posts I'd seen here.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
This looks cute & fun af:

if only I had a friend

so I'm doing that thing again when I get too many games started. I've played a bunch of STALKER now. What weird feeling game, probably because the gunplay is a bit dated. The idea of sticking on weird irradiated objects or stuff that makes you bleed to improve your stats is pretty crazy. Good thing all you need to cure radiation poisoning is some vodka, who knew?!

I haven't read any manuals so I hope I'm able to figure everything out. Particularly it would be nice if the character gets a little stronger at some point because the carry capacity is a little rough. I notice that my guns and clothes are deteriorating. I guess thats why every dead guy has a gun. I hope there's fast travel at some point too.

4 gifts from JaseC

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from GrrImAFridge GrrImAFridge!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

GrrImAFridge said:
Just a few random gifts that were gathering dust in my inventory.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Banished - Won by weemadarthur weemadarthur (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Goodbye Deponia (Premium Edition) - Won by Elven_Star Elven_Star (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition - Won by Sheepinator Sheepinator (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade on Steam - Won by Elven_Star Elven_Star (1 entry)

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Ah, makes sense.

I'm so far behind on tech that my BIL said I could take an older 120G SSD which he's not using because it's on the smaller side, and it sounded like plenty of space to me lol.
Well tbh for games these days 120gb is not enough lol. RDR2 alone won't fit in that SSD.

But if you haven't use SSD yet, go for it. It's a much better experience.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well tbh for games these days 120gb is not enough lol. RDR2 alone won't fit in that SSD.

But if you haven't use SSD yet, go for it. It's a much better experience.
I'll use it for the system and store the data on the old drive. I'm just hoping for a bit more quiet in the background of the room, tbh,

Status
Not open for further replies.