• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Auto battlers lost their novelty pretty quick for me. But then I'm an old fogey and wasn't that into battle royales either so <shrug>

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously they are never going to make a TF2 movie or TV show, but I think they could make a portal one. Loosely.

Valve was actually planning on making a TF2 TV series. This was going to be an episode the planned Adult Swim TF2 TV series that never happened for a variety of reasons (mostly because it took Valve forever to make a single 15 minute episode). Valve had this done so they just released it with a TF2 update instead.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So I was right, they run out of GFWL keys. Hopefully they will simply patch Securom and GFWL out and while they are here improve the game to run on modern OS without issues. But I doubt they'll do it.
They'll do what they did with Max Payne, release an older buggy build without the drm.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
I mean they yoinked out GFWL of Darksouls and made bank off reselling that garbage so clearly they can do the same thing with GTA4: Repackaged Garbage edition

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Atelier thread reminded me that the Dusk DX trilogy is due to roll out today. Between that and Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 being sellotaped to the top of the Steam Global Best Sellers (presumably due to China), it's been a good week for Koei Tecmo.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Most of the mods don't have a huge performance hit or any at all. Just need to have a 4GB videocard for the texture packs. The only ones that can really tank your frame rate are grass mods and anything involving particle effects/fire

So avoid grass mods that should be easy enough. My laptop is the 6gb 1060 and 32gb of ram so I should be fine there.
Installing graphics mods midgame shouldn't cause any problems right? I know content mods can be a different story.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I mean they yoinked out GFWL of Darksouls and made bank off reselling that garbage so clearly they can do the same thing with GTA4: Repackaged Garbage edition

You're thinking of the 2018 remaster. GFWL was removed from the original release at the end of 2014.

R* isn't going to charge people for a GFWL -> Social Club patch, and given both the age of the game and its lack of monetised multiplayer, I can't imagine higher-ups signing off on any sort of re-release. In fact, this situation has happened precisely because R* ignores its back catalogue titles unless there's a critical issue that needs to be addressed.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
So avoid grass mods that should be easy enough. My laptop is the 6gb 1060 and 32gb of ram so I should be fine there.
Installing graphics mods midgame shouldn't cause any problems right? I know content mods can be a different story.

I think only gameplay overhauls like Ghost Mode require you to start a fresh save.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I wasn't expecting that reveal near the end of Fallen Order

Turned it into a horror game

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I think I'm being thick but how do you move around the world in the Robot Repair and Secret Shop levels of The Lab?
Teleport doesn't seem to work?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else's mechanical keyboard sometimes "double press"? Really annoying pressing Y once and getting yy

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Aww shit. My case fan has been making a grinding noise on start up and seems to be putting out hotter air than it used to when I check it while playing games.

Thank god these things are cheap. Addicted to FFXIV again and cannot won't stop.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
There was a recent article by Danny Weinbaum where he approximated the revenue generated by almost every game in Steam and then used the data to draw some conclusions.

I was inspired by it, so I took a stab at recreating and validating the numbers. I wanted to understand not just what the revenue estimate is, but how accurate of a guess it is: in other words, what would be a reasonable range for that revenue estimate.

Finally, I also wanted to overcome some of the limitations in Danny's data:

Age-restricted games are missing
Release dates are incorrect for games that moved out of Early Access
Some of the prices are incorrect due to a bug in his data collection (e.g. My Time at Portia or Indivisible)

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Are microtransactions included in the steam revenue thing? I think a bunch also avoid having them done via steam to avoid the percentage taken by steam

Nm, i stopped being a bum and read the actual article, it deals only with game ownership

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
Just played Wolfenstein 2 on the new pc with a 144hz monitor and I started feeling sick after about 20 minutes. Is this normal, FoV/headbobbing related?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Just played Wolfenstein 2 on the new pc with a 144hz monitor and I started feeling sick after about 20 minutes. Is this normal, FoV/headbobbing related?

I can't help you with the problem specifically, but your post reminded me that game is the only one on console (PS4) that made me feel sick as well. I had to trade it in after 3 hours of play time, so yeah I think there's definitely something up with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.