• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
It'll give you more enemies to fight (which drop the new weapons/armour) and a rather shockingly small new area to fight in that at least looks good just because how odd it is (1950s USA suburb) , but honestly I don't find it to be worth the price for the season pass. Nothing to really change the base experience too much, doesn't really feel like it's a big difference or addition, and the weapon/armour stuff you could actually beat the game and not get any of it the way it's set up.

Get it at half price someday in the future as an excuse to replay the game perhaps would be my recommendation.
Ok thanks!

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a couple hours into Mass Effect Andromeda and I'm enjoying myself

does this make me a bad person

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Jesus, the Nemesis difficulty does NOT fuck around.

My level 4 or 5 Tallion is currently sharing the city with not one, but TWO Epic level 16 Tracker captains.

Plus I get ambushed. Fairly frequently.

Good thing is, random Gondor bands spawn in from time to time, and I can even lure enemies under the walls for some sweet. sweet friendly flaming arrow fire.

I should probably advance the main quest so that I can start Dominating these vat-grown bastards. .

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

My level 4 or 5 Tallion is currently sharing the city with not one, but TWO Epic level 16 Tracker captains.

Good thing is, random Gondor bands spawn in from time to time, and I can even lure enemies under the walls for some sweet. sweet friendly flaming arrow fire.

I should probably advance the main quest so that I can start Dominating these vat-grown bastards. .

First area is weird because it's populated with enemies for when you come back to it story wise.

But yes, you should rush the first area, outside of a few easy skill point things like the towers and a challenge or two.

Oct 29, 2017

I liked to stealth it on nemesis using the poison upgrades carried me early.

I'm a couple hours into Mass Effect Andromeda and I'm enjoying myself

does this make me a bad person
As if you weren't already.

giphy.gif

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to send my GOTY, and game of the decade lists. :(

But considering I thought 2019 was a pretty mediocre year for games, and that I had trouble deciding between New Vegas, Portal 2 and Spelunky for Game of the Decade,......¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 27, 2017
Was thinking of buying a gaming monitor with all the bells and whistles, but gonna pass on that. The big tv is the true experience.

Don't you feel like you're missing out on more than 60hz, though? (assuming you're on a TV that's limited to 60).

I say this as someone who does play PC on a Samsung 4K QLED. It looks amazing, but I can't shake the feeling I'm still not getting the most out of my PC, and I've been considering grabbing a desk and a monitor instead.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Don't you feel like you're missing out on more than 60hz, though? (assuming you're on a TV that's limited to 60).

I say this as someone who does play PC on a Samsung 4K QLED. It looks amazing, but I can't shake the feeling I'm still not getting the most out of my PC, and I've been considering grabbing a desk and a monitor instead.
I mean i rather push out higher graphic fidelity and resolution than framerate for singeplayer games. 60fps is more than enough. The only MP game im currently playing is Destiny. So native 4k or 1440p with a rock solid 60fps on my big 50" flat screen is the sweetspot for me.

Jul 26, 2019
Just poping in to the thread to get a question I've had in mind for a while. When/If Sony decides to dive into the PC market, what do you personally think will be their release strategy?
SIE x Epic?
Playstation launcher?
Releasing their games on all available launchers?

Sorry if I derailed any topics you guys had going on

I think before asking the question of how/if Sony will launch their games on PC, Sony's approach to next generation consoles and PC market versus how competition is approaching should be first question that needs to be asked.

When I heard rumors about Horizon: Zero Dawn coming to PC, at first I felt confused and surprised. But more you think about it , more interesting questions might come to your head.

Right now at PC digital distribution, Steam is at top, proving that with a service meeting and exceeding the markets expectations, you may be very successful. Others are trying get a pie from it with different methods. I think what they all realised is that they should release a some form of 'service'. It doesn't matter if it is streaming, publishing, digital store, subscription service. They think they should get in somehow.

Microsoft approach of releasing everywhere thats available is certainly becoming more beneficial to them for both brand awareness and reached individual users. On top of that, they have xCloud for streaming market and Gamepass as a subscription service. Google is trying something with Stadia, even if it seems to be underwhelming at first. Nearly all of the major AAA publishers are trying to come with some kind of subscription service to entice their users spend more time on their products. To keep it short, every major developer, publisher, console manufacturer competing more aggressively in of itself to get as much as users to their ecosystem.

Gaming industry is becoming larger and larger as the time goes on. Money and time spend to games rising significantly. Big players are acting more aggressively to captivate a larger audience. From consumer perspective, I can see that change in industry. Major corporations are surely have more knowledge and they are more aware to this situation.

This 'expanding the reach to users' strategy should have made Sony to check their business decisions multiple times. And right now, what is most fast and reliable way to try this and release their games other platforms for Sony? Death Stranding's PC announcement and Decima Engine's improvements makes Horizon:ZD a perfect candidate for that.

They might be tipping their toe to lake see how demand is evolving. Releasing one game and leaving it at that. But if Sony's strategy is to make a more prominent entrance to market to widen their user base and brand usage across non Sony hardware, they should follow Microsoft approach and release their games other digital stores and release their own launcher for added benefits at the same time. This is more suitable way for real 'competition'. Yes they can find a success with good games and weak service. But what made Steam number 1 was both good games and good service.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Forgot to send my GOTY, and game of the decade lists. :(

But considering I thought 2019 was a pretty mediocre year for games, and that I had trouble deciding between New Vegas, Portal 2 and Spelunky for Game of the Decade,......¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you want to vote drop me a PM, I'm extending voting for one day.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to vote drop me a PM, I'm extending voting for one day.

Thank you for organizing the vote, Uzzy. It is such a big workload. As others, I am sure, I am eager to see the results.

Thats a mirror

Edit: About Idolmasters on Steam, together with Bamco other Japan main games coming to Steam (regionlocked). Does that mean that Steam is starting to catch-up on Japan PC marketplace (which used to be mainly douhin games), that they really want that sweet China / SEA money (where the game is also regionlocked) or both?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I'm trying to redeem my Starcraft key on the Blizzard site but it doesn't work, is that possible? I redeemed Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 just fine years ago.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How feasible is it to access region locked games on Steam? Would a VPN work?
What about going there on a vacation, launching the app on the phone, buying the game while you're there, then going back home and launching it there from the pc? Are the libraries separate as well?
I don't care about Im@s, but I live in fear that if Capcom resurrects the BASARA series, it will be brought to steam, but JPN only. I really don't want to buy a console just for Utage HD or whatever.
Maybe I should create a separate JPN steam account and family share it with myself.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
First area is weird because it's populated with enemies for when you come back to it story wise.

But yes, you should rush the first area, outside of a few easy skill point things like the towers and a challenge or two.
Lol, yeah, the game tries to make it clear to me. At one point I had all the orcs on the map vanish, leaving me with nothing to do except the main quest.
I think I rushed it a bit with collecting the poem words, so my first Legendary gear piece was only level 4. Woops.

I liked to stealth it on nemesis using the poison upgrades carried me early.

I put too much skill points into combat, but now I'm aiming towards the "poison barrels with an arrow" skill.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
How feasible is it to access region locked games on Steam? Would a VPN work?
What about going there on a vacation, launching the app on the phone, buying the game while you're there, then going back home and launching it there from the pc? Are the libraries separate as well?
I don't care about Im@s, but I live in fear that if Capcom resurrects the BASARA series, it will be brought to steam, but JPN only. I really don't want to buy a console just for Utage HD or whatever.
Maybe I should create a separate JPN steam account and family share it with myself.
It depends on how the game is set up on steam.
The easiest way to get is if there are region free cd-keys.
If there aren't then it becomes really hard. You need a payment with an address on that country and change your store to that country. After you can buy it and i think you can change region back after 6 months.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was itching to replay The Movies and I just realized that it's not being supported on High Sierra? If it not being sold for Windows anymore, you can't really play it legally which is a shame because I adore this game.

I might try to find a way to play it on Windows or create a partition on my Macbook to install a past macOS.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Totally fair! Still working it out. I toned down the exposure a bit here and I think this works a bit better, especially on character models:

Fs15xkk.jpg

T1EcaFR.jpg

[Also bear in mind I am literally colorblind so a lot of my tweaking is usually designed to make things more 'visible' to my inability to distinguish colors! It may look worse to you, hah, I realize.]
I like it!

I also like my colours to pop and stuff to look sharp, it looks better to me but not everyone agrees.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I played through all of Ori and the Blind Forest finally and wow that game is amazing. I'm debating in my mind trying for the Unhinged achievement which is beating the game on the "One-Life" difficulty. But I'm not sure if that will just make me want to destroy everything.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I played through all of Ori and the Blind Forest finally and wow that game is amazing. I'm debating in my mind trying for the Unhinged achievement which is beating the game on the "One-Life" difficulty. But I'm not sure if that will just make me want to destroy everything.

I finished it last week on Normal, with over 1.1 k deaths.

I would go insane trying to 1-life it.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I need to redo my PC's cable management. I moved some stuff around recently to tidy it up a bit more, but I can hear some kind of electric noise when using the headphone jack on the front of my case.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Condemned does not hold up.

I played it for the first time about 3 years ago and it is a 5 hour corridor crawl with janky combat, FEAR-level environment design, and sloppy combat.
Condemned wasn't too hot even 10 years ago.

Is it common to mention a person responsible for the patch in patch notes?
Or it was such a shit port only Durante could salvage lol.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopped on STEAM to pick up Ys VIII and now I'm looking at this Giga Bundle and trying to tell myself that I don't need it. I need some talking down.

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017
Totally fair! Still working it out. I toned down the exposure a bit here and I think this works a bit better, especially on character models:

Fs15xkk.jpg

T1EcaFR.jpg

[Also bear in mind I am literally colorblind so a lot of my tweaking is usually designed to make things more 'visible' to my inability to distinguish colors! It may look worse to you, hah, I realize.]
What softeware are you using for the filter?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Just poping in to the thread to get a question I've had in mind for a while. When/If Sony decides to dive into the PC market, what do you personally think will be their release strategy?
SIE x Epic?
Playstation launcher?
Releasing their games on all available launchers?

Sorry if I derailed any topics you guys had going on

Hopefully steam and EGS

I wouldn't mind a PS launcher though

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It depends on how the game is set up on steam.
The easiest way to get is if there are region free cd-keys.
If there aren't then it becomes really hard. You need a payment with an address on that country and change your store to that country. After you can buy it and i think you can change region back after 6 months.
*stylish crying*
OK, it's OK, everything is OK, Capcom hasn't said anything yet, no reason to worry. For all we know, BASARA is definitely dead.
* cries even more stylishly*

Status
Not open for further replies.