• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Honestly I'm surprised we haven't heard about the games this month, though maybe we'll hear more next month.

It'd be even more dope if EA makes a cross-promotional event with Valve for Apex Legends with the release of Half Life Alyx.
Gimme Bangalore x Alyx and Bloodhound x Combine skins!
Late reply but it seems the new season is starting in early Feb.

It would certainly make sense to make the game available on Steam then. I'm just guessing but I would imagine Apex Legends is probably the game EA would want on Steam the fastest.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
TIL Star Wars: Jedi Knight 1 consists of two games
Dark Forces 2 followed by Mysteries of the Sith

Well I'll put them off for now, but Quake 1 is good y'all.

Talking about games? What is this lunacy?
Bruh tell me you are not bringing back the ye olde 'build a backlog but not play any' thing from years past.

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to see you go

Can I get an invite to the PCE discord? Seems like a lot of people are headed that way

Could I have link invite as well? I know I'm mainly just a lurker here, & I probably will be on discord as well, but I have always enjoyed following/reading up on what this community has to offer. And, it's sad to see so many quality posters leaving.

Edit: Wait, it seems like I'm already a member of the PCE discord. Shows you how much I use discord, lol.

Last edited:

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Nowadays this place seems like it only exists to bring up grievances and personnel vendettas. Plenty of blame to go around, Im sure but it hurts to see all the posters talking about leaving and it seems like no one cares, only to make sure they get the last word in over everything else. Regretful stuff.
I can only speak for myself but when you get falsely accused of being racist and/or stalker, it kind of stings a little.
And then when some people who I thought were good people just take it face value despite how ludicrous it all sounds, it stings a bit more.
Yesterday I was angry, today I'm still angry but mostly sad.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Also, you said yourself: Believe victims.
Why would I lie then when I say I'm wrongfully accused of grievous crimes by someone and ending up on a doxxing website ?

In fact my claims can be backed up.
Can yours ?
I imagine he would have responded or clarified had he not, y'know, been harassed to the point of deleting his account.

Unfortunately it's a little late for that now.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I haven't bought Ikaruga on steam out of pettiness, still waiting for a steam cover update
>_>;
<_<;
EPCwj_QXUAM8MMK

I generally use custom ones whether there is an official one or not.

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Oh, that Pikuniku looks interesting, and with that price, it's not a bad game to check out. Thanks for linking it peeps.

I imagine he would have responded or clarified had he not, y'know, been harassed to the point of deleting his account.

Well, didn't GhostTrick ask for clarification via Twitter and got nothing. Instead BronsonLee tweeted the name list twice, so people would not miss them and thus causing (probably) those people get harassed for absolutely no reason in my eyes. Especially seeing the conversations they had on threads in here, it just seemed they did disagree on stuff and that's it.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
We're all talking to Nap on the Discord. Not everything needs to be posted in here.
Yeah but I think I saw 2 more posters also leave yesterday. Idk if those posters post on the discord also but Im speaking more in general.

Let me guess, this place has turned into the "complain about X game being EGS-exclusive" corner?
No, its more what has become of all that discussion. Plenty of ill will all over the forum because of how that shook out.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

He's willing to throw names on Twitter. Unwilling to throw evidences though.
Funny how that person is available and all willing when it comes to throw accusations.
Yet it's a "little too late" to back those with evidences.

What happened to "believe thr victims" Hella ?
Or does it not apply to me ?
Wouldn't you happen to be a closeted racist my friend ?

Actually that would explain your insidious accusations.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I can only speak for myself but when you get falsely accused of being racist and/or stalker, it kind of stings a little.
And then when some people who I thought were good people just take it face value despite how ludicrous it all sounds, it stings a bit more.
Yesterday I was angry, today I'm still angry but mostly sad.
Yes I understand, especially the sad part. Anger is understandable but most people probably dont realize how hurtful something like that can be too.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Like imagine actually buying into such an obviously bullshit fabrication from a notrious attention-seeker

He was fucking staff of all people and you think he wouldn't have used death threats as a grounds for a ban or brought it up to other staff?
On a forum that bans you 3 days for 'modwhining'?

It's not even the first time he's been making up insults against himself either

Oh right, i forgot, BronsonLee is also accusing the other staff of encouraging the harassment :^)

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Like imagine actually buying into such an obviously bullshit fabrication from a notrious attention-seeker

He was fucking staff of all people and you think he wouldn't have used death threats as a grounds for a ban or brought it up to other staff?
On a forum that bans you 3 days for 'modwhining'?

It's not even the first time he's been making up insults against himself either

Oh right, i forgot, BronsonLee is also accusing the other staff of encouraging the harassment :^)

I think some people are willlingfully buying that shit with ulterior motives. Disgusting ulterior motives.

Oct 30, 2017
Look, I can be an asshole. Even I know that. Would Bronson have come and say "Because some poster are agressive or toxic" I would've come out with a big ass apology.

Even though I think those discussions were heated on two sides (I can also recall Bronson at this time going on "cool story bro" kind of posts, which is in the same league as those "zzz") but remained tamed in general. I regret saying "toxic kid" at this moment too. But then again, not only post happened with days, even WEEKS between each others, they're also the only of that kind. No communication ever occured off-site nor in private message on site.

Yet, not only I'm called an harasser, which is far fetched for 4 antagonistic posts in 1 month and a half but on top of that a RACIST harasser, who did DEATH THREATS and tried to dox him.

Because of that shit, I'm plastered in some crazy weirdo website with users doxxing people. When I compare those 4 posts in a month and Bronson throwing my name publicly on twitter with those accusations and the result of these, the victim isn't Bronson here.
I don't think things need to be very frequent to count as harassment. If I see you rarely, but every time I do I have a go at you, antagonising you, it's still harassment. Is it the very serious kind, no, but it's something that builds up, especially if it's happening from multiple people or in the context of other shit going on. At the same time, if you think this puts the bar too low for what counts as harassment and you want to use the word only for more serious things, that's okay with me. I'm obviously only giving my view of things and what I think counts as harassment.

None of what you did justified having your handle posted and being accused of serious things that you didn't do. I hope that nothing bad happens as a result.

I don't think a 'real victim' discussion is going to be productive. You both did different things wrong, and it isn't like there is some set of scales that we can weigh those things on to produce one 'victim' and one 'perpetrator'. Each person is responsible for the things that they do. If you want me to accept that your posts aren't as bad as Bronsonlee's tweet, then yeah I accept that.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think things need to be very frequent to count as harassment. If I see you rarely, but every time I do I have a go at you, antagonising you, it's still harassment. Is it the very serious kind, no, but it's something that builds up, especially if it's happening from multiple people or in the context of other shit going on. At the same time, if you think this puts the bar too low for what counts as harassment and you want to use the word only for more serious things, that's okay with me. I'm obviously only giving my view of things and what I think counts as harassment.

None of what you did justified having your handle posted and being accused of serious things that you didn't do. I hope that nothing bad happens as a result.

I don't think a 'real victim' discussion is going to be productive. You both did different things wrong, and it isn't like there is some set of scales that we can weigh those things on to produce one 'victim' and one 'perpetrator'. Each person is responsible for the things that they do. If you want me to accept that your posts aren't as bad as Bronsonlee's tweet, then yeah I accept that.

For the record, I'm not claiming to be a victim. But I feel like something as tame as both sided could've been settled peacefully. Instead it was blown up with big fat lies.

Were my posts good ? Hell no. Were they the kind of harassment described by that poster ? Not either.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Playing Gris on Gamepass, really an amazing game. I wish I'd won a Steam copy during the Game Award giveaway, but I hope it will be bundled in Humble Choice eventually.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I must say that steam link works better than expected.
I am currently using 4g and can get a pretty good picture, lag is pretty bad however.
Currently have an incremental grinding and being able to press buttons while at work is awesome.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I am currently using 4g and can get a pretty good picture, lag is pretty bad however.
Currently have an incremental grinding and being able to press buttons while at work is awesome.
Steam Link is great.

I use it for playing on my mobile and especially through WiFi the lag, or lack of it is astonishing. 4G is vulnerable to the vagaries of the tech though!

I just bought a Micro USB to USB C cable to eliminate Bluetooth lag from my Xbox One controller too.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Late reply but it seems the new season is starting in early Feb.

It would certainly make sense to make the game available on Steam then. I'm just guessing but I would imagine Apex Legends is probably the game EA would want on Steam the fastest.
Oh early Feb? Hopefully they'd announce it next week.
Playing Gris on Gamepass, really an amazing game. I wish I'd won a Steam copy during the Game Award giveaway, but I hope it will be bundled in Humble Choice eventually.
Gris is already available on Gamepass PC? Noice, gonna download it when I'm home.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I have nothing but good words to say for the PC community on Era. I've had some great discussions with its members on PC gaming topics and the relevant threads were (not coincidentally, I feel) some of the best on the forum in terms of civil discourse.
You are the most civil poster, mate. I always like to see your posts in PC discussions and you're always courteous and respectful.

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017
I would also enjoy a link to the PCEra Discord, if you don't mind.

Also, Mutant Year Zero is really surprisingly good.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when Amazon started selling codes you didn't have to be in the us, but the direction had to be there.
I choose Delaware, so I didn't get vat lol
You're taking tax money away from hardworking people, you monster!

(Like we all didn't Google "what US states don't charge tax" when we could buy codes from Amazon US).

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
Terribly jealous. My data plan is 2GB and there's no way I could get away with that on work wifi :(

Unlike PS remote play, Steam Link works even with my meager wireless network and all the neighborhood 2.4GHz interference. It's not great, but totally sufficient to play puzzle games from bed (which is all I'm currently asking for). Someday I'll get a 5GHz AP and I hope it'll be some miraculous improvement...

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I bought a 700 dollar gaming pc and all I do is play Team Fortress Classic (1999) Day of Defeat (1998) and warcraft 3(2003). What is wrong with me

Status
Not open for further replies.