• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Oh, I was using the entire revenue. Any idea what the products and services are then?

First-party revenue, presumably, with "Cost of products and services sold" referring to operational costs. I've no idea what "Other operational costs" might refer to, but it's a tiny fraction of the former -- roughly USD$22k -- so it can't be anything significant.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about Steam not doing anything (Thanks Mor for link):

unknown.png

Streaming Client could either be a program to install to improve Remote Play from your computer, or something related to the Cloud Service that was datamined some time ago...

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
First-party revenue, presumably, with "Cost of products and services sold" referring to operational costs. I've no idea what "Other operational costs" might refer to, but it's a tiny fraction of the former, so it can't be anything significant.
From looking into the document:
In Revenues from sales of products, mostly corresponding to GOG.com's share in sales carried out in the framework of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game and Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (governed by the relevant consortium agreement)

In normal corporations that consist of different sections that have ther differentiated products, they normally "buy" the products from each other and are part of the operating costs, not treated as something internally, to see the health of each division (which I think is the case in here). I assume in this case, GWENT and Thronebreaker were partly done by GOG workers, in so far as they have a different contract.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
From looking into the document:

In normal corporations that consist of different sections that have ther differentiated products, they normally "buy" the products from each other and are part of the operating costs, not treated as something internally, to see the health of each division (which I think is the case in here). I assume in this case, GWENT and Thronebreaker were partly done by GOG workers, in so far as they have a different contract.

Ah, the more you know!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
At first I thought DLSS/tensor cores on current Nvidia GPUs were a complete waste/trash and just added costs to the card for absolutely no benefit, but Control and especially Wolfenstein YoungBlood changed my mind. Will new games with DLSS continue with the same visual caliber of Youngblood? I hope I didn't make a mistake of getting a 2000 series GPU now, I decided to not wait for whenever the 3000 series appears, especially if they stagger the release of the 3080 Ti to next year and it costs like $1500-2000. I managed to sell my 1080 Ti for a very good price and went ahead and got a 2080 Super for now, just for DLSS + Ray tracing future. If the 3080 Ti is ridiculously priced, I might wait for a 4080 then, relying on DLSS to keep 4k and ultrawide relevant for the next 3 years lol.

Mar 22, 2019
Finished Resident Evil 2 Remake on my new PC: first game played with my new 2080ti + 9900k (not the "s" model sadly) + 21:9 ultrawide...my god what have i been missing!
Picked up the following in the steam lunar sale:
  1. Ashen
  2. Control
  3. Resident Evil 7
  4. Resident Evil 4
  5. Borderlands 3
  6. Destiny 2 --> excited to play this, never got into Destiny games before!
So yeah, i'm pretty much in love with PC gaming now and keen to play more resident evil! i see a third one is coming out soon, is it worth it? RE2 blew me away, absolutely loved it.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
wait, whatÉ
Finished Resident Evil 2 Remake on my new PC: first game played with my new 2080ti + 9900k (not the "s" model sadly) + 21:9 ultrawide...my god what have i been missing!
  1. Ashen
  2. Control
  3. Resident Evil 7
  4. Resident Evil 4
  5. Borderlands 3
So yeah, i'm pretty much in love with PC gaming now and keen to play more resident evil! i see a third one is coming out soon, is it worth it? RE2 blew me away, absolutely loved it.

Wait, what? Control is out on Steam?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
At first I thought DLSS/tensor cores on current Nvidia GPUs were a complete waste/trash and just added costs to the card for absolutely no benefit, but Control and especially Wolfenstein YoungBlood changed my mind. Will new games with DLSS continue with the same visual caliber of Youngblood? I hope I didn't make a mistake of getting a 2000 series GPU now, I decided to not wait for whenever the 3000 series appears, especially if they stagger the release of the 3080 Ti to next year and it costs like $1500-2000. I managed to sell my 1080 Ti for a very good price and went ahead and got a 2080 Super for now, just for DLSS + Ray tracing future. If the 3080 Ti is ridiculously priced, I might wait for a 4080 then, relying on DLSS to keep 4k and ultrawide relevant for the next 3 years lol.
Curious if you're playing these games on a TV or monitor. Every game I've tried DLSS with (admittedly not Control nor Youngblood) has looked pretty awful on my monitor, but I've seen plenty of people having a good experience with it on their TVs.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Curious if you're playing these games on a TV or monitor. Every game I've tried DLSS with (admittedly not Control nor Youngblood) has looked pretty awful on my monitor, but I've seen plenty of people having a good experience with it on their TVs.
I haven't played them yet on my PC because I haven't received my card, but I saw them on a friend's PC hooked up to a 27 inch monitor. Control and especially Youngblood looked great on his monitor. Nvidia finally figured out how to correctly implement it, but for games pre-Control you are better off using the game's internal scaler instead of DLSS. For instrance, DLSS looks horrible in Metro Exodus, what were they thinking?

When I do get it, I'll try it on both my 43 inch TV and 34" ultrawide monitor as I have them side by side. But I think the only RTX/DLSS game I own is Youngbloods and Quake 2 lol. Well I have Metro Exodus on PC Game pass but I know better than to enable DLSS on that one.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I haven't played them yet on my PC because I haven't received my card, but I saw them on a friend's PC hooked up to a 27 inch monitor. Control and especially Youngblood looked great on his monitor. Nvidia finally figured out how to correctly implement it, but for games pre-Control you are better off using the game's internal scaler instead of DLSS. For instrance, DLSS looks horrible in Metro Exodus, what were they thinking?
Interesting! It's good to hear that the tech is improving like that, cause it's been pretty godawful with the games I've tried it with, Metro Exodus included.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
  1. Ashen
  2. Control
  3. Resident Evil 7
  4. Resident Evil 4
  5. Borderlands 3
Control is not on Steam :( I have over $150 in my steam wallet and when I saw your post I thought it was on Steam and just spent the last 10 minutes looking and come to find out it is on the Epic store. Now I am sad... lol

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at Gran Turismo Sport makes me wonder what a PC version could do for that game.

I just can't get hype over Forza. All their car models are just one's that they've lifted from previous games. It's gotten to the point where some of the models look pretty jarring compared to newer released ones. Gran Turismo had that issue years ago... but it was a little more ridiculous. I'm really wanting a good Sim or SimCade game. I'm trying to get into Assetto Corsa Competizione. It's pretty good, but the tracks look kind of on the rougher when compared other games. But hot DAMN their car models have no equal. Also the game in HDR looks amazing.

Only thing I can hold out hope for is that Forza Motorsport 8 or whatever is built from the ground up without porting any models over. But I doubt that's going to happen.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
At first I thought DLSS/tensor cores on current Nvidia GPUs were a complete waste/trash and just added costs to the card for absolutely no benefit, but Control and especially Wolfenstein YoungBlood changed my mind.
Wasn't the DLSS in Control actually fake (not really using the Tensor cores)?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Done with my Steam Lunar purchases and...

Note - Due to the rules of the forum I decided to just name the company who published/developed game rather than the name of the game (unless its okay to write the name of the game that is listed in the ban list?)

[XSEED/MARVELOUS USA GAME - CENSORED] Limited Edition - $20 (Used the $5 Steam Lunar coupon)
Nioh: Complete Edition - $17.49
[MARVELOUS GAME - CENSORED] Complete Edition - $16
Nights of Azure - $14.39 (Discounted further due to owning Atelier Sophie and buying through the bundle)
DYNASTY WARRIORS 7: Xtreme Legends Definitive Edition - $13.99
Ys Memories of Celceta - $13.74 (Used the $5 Steam Lunar coupon)
[XSEED/MARVELOUS USA GAME - CENSORED] - $10
Blade Arcus From Shining: Battle Arena - $8.99
Super Bomberman R - $8.99 (bought it from Humble Store due to $1 discount from Humble subscription)
[XSEED/MARVELOUS USA GAME - CENSORED] Character DLC - $3.99
[XSEED/MARVELOUS USA GAME - CENSORED] Character DLC - $3.99
[XSEED/MARVELOUS USA GAME - CENSORED] Character DLC - $3.19
[XSEED/MARVELOUS USA GAME - CENSORED] Character DLC - $2.39

Edit: Went full anime literally - first time I didnt buy anything western made in a major sale on Steam.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
So far I just picked up a few old games from Buka- Collapse and Dusk 12. Also "Broken Spell" which seems to be a Chinese wuxia hack'n'slash that's kinda souls-y? It looked interesting, and it was only 7 bucks, *shrug*

As with most of these sales, most of the damage to my wallet ends up coming from GOG

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So far I just picked up a few old games from Buka- Collapse and Dusk 12. Also "Broken Spell" which seems to be a Chinese wuxia hack'n'slash that's kinda souls-y? It looked interesting, and it was only 7 bucks, *shrug*

As with most of these sales, most of the damage to my wallet ends up coming from GOG

I searched up broken spell and I saw a trailer of a naked woman dancing

Damn son , I thought I was edgy buying a game from a banned franchise 🧐

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the DLSS in Control actually fake (not really using the Tensor cores)?
Yeah. Nvidia took the AI-developed algorithm and manually tweaked it to create one that instead utilises compute shaders:

Haha, I didn't realize this. Damn, the tensor cores are potentially as useless for gaming purposes as I first thought. I wonder if Wolfenstein: YoungBlood used a similar approach to Control to achieve such good results?

Does this mean that Nvidia will be removing the tensor cores in the 3000 series to reduce the die size since obviously they can do excellent DLSS without the tensor cores. Also, why wasn't Control's DLSS also provided to Pascal 1000-series cards (rhetorical question, we know why)....

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

(Currently) Chinese only game out for 3 weeks but almost 7k reviews with 87% of them positive.

Seriously, when people talk about PC Gaming launchers, we always have "But EGS is great for Indie games", when actually Steam allows such games on Steam, that only have 1 language. GoG would not touch it. EGS would not touch it. Instead those games find success on Steam.

Last edited:

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

(Currently) Chinese only game out for 3 weeks but almost 7k reviews with 87% of them positive.

Seriously, when people talk about PC Gaming launchers, we always have "But EGS is great for Indie games", when actually Steam allows such games on Steam, that only have 1 language. GoG would not touch it. EGS would not touch it. Instead those games find success on Steam.

Because the press has a different definition of indies. Especially when it comes to PC.

See how long it took for Disco Elysium to make it ? And that was a HIGH profile indie release.

Basically mostly high profile releases, or those who benefited from a big marketing push from a 1st party matters.

It's a good thing user reviews are here to stay though.

If I were to read professionnal reviews... Welp lol.

Well let's be a bit more fair though, I'm mainly talking about bigger publications. I actually believe that there's a lot of great, nice smaller publications out there, in which you can feel the staff is more passionned about talking about more obscure stuff.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Almost purchased RDR2 than I gave a look to the community hub, a lot of people say the game after the last 90 mb patch crashes a lot and there's an infinite loading screen bug for the multiplayer.
So yeah, I'll wait a bit.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

I have it on my whislist, hoping for a localization soon. Is there any news or rumor regarding localization?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I have it on my whislist, hoping for a localization soon. Is there any news or rumor regarding localization?

"No English support at launch

The English localization of Sands of Salazar is still in progress. We apologize for not supporting English at the beginning of Early Access, and are grateful for your understanding! English support is one of our top priorities, and we aim to add it to the game ASAP."

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
"No English support at launch

The English localization of Sands of Salazar is still in progress. We apologize for not supporting English at the beginning of Early Access, and are grateful for your understanding! English support is one of our top priorities, and we aim to add it to the game ASAP."

To add to this, the current ETA is "[a] few months".

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, my Origin account was linked to an email I haven't used in years and apparently it was stolen by someone in Russia. 2 days later the account was banned for cheating in FIFA. Thanks asshole.

Contact EA Help, Please Login to the account you're banned from logging in to so we can help you with your banned account. Looks like I have to wait til Monday and call them.

One thing that really bugs me about GoG is their broken notification system for updates.
I get an alarm for updates a year old. Or ones I got informed about already.
Today I also received a notification about Flower, but with no changelog or forum entry, so nobody knows what it does. Could also be it's old news as well.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to use the Dualshock 4 audio jack for sound on my PC?I have the controller connected with usb but no sound is coming from it nor do i see it as an audio device

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Is there a way to use the Dualshock 4 audio jack for sound on my PC?I have the controller connected with usb but no sound is coming from it nor do i see it as an audio device
I think USB cable or the official dongle should work. Xbox One controllers are the same and it doesn't work over BT.
Are you running DS4Windows or something? That could be interfering.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think USB cable or the official dongle should work. Xbox One controllers are the same and it doesn't work over BT.
Are you running DS4Windows or something? That could be interfering.

I have the DS4 windows program but it's not open and i still don't get sound from the controller.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017

There is a way because my Windows always switches to it as the audio output device whenever I connect it. Though I don't use DS4Windows but the Steam Input offering

*removes fake moustache*

*gasp*

Status
Not open for further replies.