• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I started a new Witcher 3 playthrough and the game suffer from one of my pet peeves... It annoys me when cloud saves includes the hardware configuration files.

I play games both at home and at work but my work PC is less powerful so I'm not running the games at the same settings. For Witcher, I have to go in the menu and change the video settings everytime I start playing the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I started a new Witcher 3 playthrough and the game suffer from one of my pet peeves... It annoys me when cloud saves includes the hardware configuration files.

I play games both at home and at work but my work PC is less powerful so I'm not running the games at the same settings. For Witcher, I have to go in the menu and change the video settings everytime I start playing the game.

You may be able to solve that by finding the config file and setting it to read only. At least worth giving it a shot.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
it is always the same.
I don't play anything with my DS4 for a few month over steam and then the Controller doesn't work anymore when I want to play something.

Steam detects the DS4, I've checked Playstation-Configurationassistante. I can calibrate the Controller change its colors etc. but it will not work in game.

anyone have an idea why that is?

edit: starting the game from big picture mode solved it.

Last edited:

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
it is always the same.
I don't play anything with my DS4 for a few month over steam and then the Controller doesn't work anymore when I want to play something.

Steam detects the DS4, I've checked Playstation-Configurationassistante. I can calibrate the Controller change its colors etc. but it will not work in game.

anyone have an idea why that is?
What game?

Sometimes there'll be a conflict if the game already supports DirectInput or the Dualshock 4 natively.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
So question for you all. I am upgrading my PC, I have a new Ryzen 3600 with a x570 mobo. My video card is a RX270 with 2 GBs of DDR5 VRAM which means it really can't play much these days. I really want to get a new video card, but I know all the new ones are going to be out around summer. Should I just make it through until summer and buy a new card right then, or my other thought was picking up a 1650 super to at least game on med-high at 1080p60 and using that for the whole year and early next year (2021) grab one of the new cards once the early adopter craze for the new cards dies down. Any thoughts?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So question for you all. I am upgrading my PC, I have a new Ryzen 3600 with a x570 mobo. My video card is a RX270 with 2 GBs of DDR5 VRAM which means it really can't play much these days. I really want to get a new video card, but I know all the new ones are going to be out around summer. Should I just make it through until summer and buy a new card right then, or my other thought was picking up a 1650 super to at least game on med-high at 1080p60 and using that for the whole year and early next year (2021) grab one of the new cards once the early adopter craze for the new cards dies down. Any thoughts?
Get a card on sale if you can, then just sell it to fund the next GPU if its a big enough jump for you.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Get a card on sale if you can, then just sell it to fund the next GPU if its a big enough jump for you.
What would you recommend? I kind of want a 2070 because I want raytracing but Nvidia's 2000 line is kind of overpriced. The 5700xt seems like a good card but no raytracing. It's just a little weird with both companies coming out with pretty new stuff in summer.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Really interesting and thoughtful guy, can't wait for his book set in the same universe

Oh man, I didn't even thought about the analogy of how the skills talking with you (and sometimes with each other) are the equivalent of party members in other RPGs giving you input before you make dialog decisions. That is a great idea, it basically makes the voices in your head your "party".

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So...

MudRunner or Spintires?

Very interested in the Spintires Chernobyl DLC but the drama with the original dev makes me uncomfortable. On the other hand, MudRunner 2 is coming soon and an EGS exclusive so also fuck that.

So basically, which is the better game?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This is the police is pretty weak, a really long game with the gameplay not backing it up at all

What would you recommend? I kind of want a 2070 because I want raytracing but Nvidia's 2000 line is kind of overpriced. The 5700xt seems like a good card but no raytracing. It's just a little weird with both companies coming out with pretty new stuff in summer.
If you're going to upgrade it soon anyway, would RT matter for the card?

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow I will be assembling a pc for the the first time.
My professor does not have integrated gpu, so my question is: do I need to do anything? Will the pc recognize that there is some gpu without the need of installing a driver? Or should I somehow preinstall it driver?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I might enjoy my time with Pathologic 2 more if I could turn off the weird jerky walking

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Tomorrow I will be assembling a pc for the the first time.
My professor does not have integrated gpu, so my question is: do I need to do anything? Will the pc recognize that there is some gpu without the need of installing a driver? Or should I somehow preinstall it driver?
You don't need to do anything, just install the GPU itself in the PCI-E slot and connect the power cables.

Drivers are needed later but they are often installed by Windows automatically, unless you decide to install them yourself. I would recommend installing the latest driver no matter what though.

There's a PC-build thread here FYI: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-pc-builders-thread-i-need-a-new-pc-v2.61531/

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I swear something feels off on my g-sync monitor when I attach a 2nd monitor (non-gsync). It's not the frame-rate. It feels a lot like it's not as smooth but I could be imagining it I guess.

That's my conundrum....

I guess not, but if I got a card I think I would wait about a year to get a new one, and with the new consoles pushing raytracing I would guess a lot more games are going to support it in the near future.
Would it even make sense to buy a new RT GPU now?

Personal experience as someone that just did a new build and decided to go with a 2070 Super over a 5700xt:

RT just isn't there yet and the few games that have (not including Control) honestly don't look all that much better and take a big cut out of your performance. I love my 2070 and have no buyers remorse but I will be absolutely replacing it even though I just bought it so I can run RT better when more games arrive. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I swear something feels off on my g-sync monitor when I attach a 2nd monitor (non-gsync). It's not the frame-rate. It feels a lot like it's not as smooth but I could be imagining it I guess.

Personal experience as someone that just did a new build and decided to go with a 2070 Super over a 5700xt:

RT just isn't there yet and the few games that have (not including Control) honestly don't look all that much better and take a big cut out of your performance. I love my 2070 and have no buyers remorse but I will be absolutely replacing it even though I just bought it so I can run RT better when more games arrive. Just my opinion.

Thanks, that's actually helpful. I think I might get a 5700 and flash a 5700xt bios on it.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Would it even make sense to buy a new RT GPU now?

Normally the thinking of "What's the point if something better is going to be coming out?" will mean you'll never end up buying a new GPU. However, there are those times when the new GPUs are rumored to be heads and shoulders better than the last gen (Usually that comes with new architecture), this is one of those times.

Doesn't hurt to wait a few months.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Doesn't seem like much but would be cool if true. I'm waiting to get a 3070 rn

That'll be lack of g-sync. If you have another monitor connected without g-sync then it doesn't work. I have monitor profiles in Displayfusion so I can disconnect from my second monitor (a tv) when I want to play a game.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington

That'll be lack of g-sync. If you have another monitor connected without g-sync then it doesn't work. I have monitor profiles in Displayfusion so I can disconnect from my second monitor (a tv) when I want to play a game.

Yeah I was going to just grab a 2070 Super but now it feels extra foolish.

How's your setup for your monitor/tv work? Currently using an HDMI splitter, but it's kind of terrible.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY

That's what I thought but someone had told me that Nvidia fixed that. Very disappointing but oh well. Thanks

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I finally got around to launching Steep, which was free from Epic last month. I've apparently played the beta before or something as it just loaded me right in and took me a while to figure things out but I can't find an option to do the tutorial again.

Do you really not control the angle that you land after jumps? It seems automatic.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I finally got around to launching Steep, which was free from Epic last month. I've apparently played the beta before or something as it just loaded me right in and took me a while to figure things out but I can't find an option to do the tutorial again.

Do you really not control the angle that you land after jumps? It seems automatic.
I haven't played in a while but I remember being able to control the angle. Maybe it's a setting you have to change?

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I haven't played in a while but I remember being able to control the angle. Maybe it's a setting you have to change?
The only setting I could find that might be it was called "trick safety" but it hasn't seemed to enable it. There's no mention of controlling pitch in the control settings - for pads anyway, I'll look at the keyboard bindings...

I think if you press up or down on either analogue stick it starts doing trick after a jump. I might have gotten that wrong though.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Normally the thinking of "What's the point if something better is going to be coming out?" will mean you'll never end up buying a new GPU. However, there are those times when the new GPUs are rumored to be heads and shoulders better than the last gen (Usually that comes with new architecture), this is one of those times.

Yeah, you're right. It's just....cyberpunk is around the corner, I want to jump in right away. Guess I should just see how my 1060 handles it

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you're right. It's just....cyberpunk is around the corner, I want to jump in right away. Guess I should just see how my 1060 handles it

I'm on the same boat, my 1070 isn't going to cut it at 1440p/144hz but it's a sacrifice we have to make lol.

Great thing is that we can always go back to play it maxed!

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Still running my GTX 970 and an i5 2500k, so I pretty much have to build a new computer in time for Cyberpunk, no matter what may come during/after the summer.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Hella not dead yet.

CB1uO3g.gif

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I moved my modded Witcher 3 folder to other disk (with Steam Relocate feature) and something went wrong with mods and now I can't start the game XD i spent like hour or more with Script Merger and achieved nothing. No matter how i solve things it always says that there is unexpected "}" XD

I guess that I will have to delete all mods and start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.