• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
This is the police is pretty weak, a really long game with the gameplay not backing it up at all
So true.

Hella not dead yet.

CB1uO3g.gif
Good to have you back! How is the turnout for the GotY-voting so far?

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Do you have to unplug anything? Or is it done virtually?

you can just do windows key + p and select PC screen only.

It also remembers your refresh rate in each mode automatically. Like when both monitors are on I'm 120/60 and when only monitor 1 is on I'm at 144

Oct 27, 2017
How many games do you guys typically have installed at any one time?

I've always just had pretty much everything installed on PC, but I tend to get "choice paralysis" and not end up playing anything, so think I might have a go at running only a few games installed at a time. Does anyone else bother with that or just installs everything?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

I've always just had pretty much everything installed on PC, but I tend to get "choice paralysis" and not end up playing anything, so think I might have a go at running only a few games installed at a time. Does anyone else bother with that or just installs everything?
I normally have like 10/12 of my normal general "sometimes I really want to play" games (such as Civ, EU4, other permanent games) and then another 5 games or so that I might be playing / rotating from.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Usually I keep like 10-20 smaller games installed and maybe 2-3 big ones.
I also have a bad habit of downloading games and then removing them again without playing. I think the game I've done that most with is Yakuza 0. At least 5 times or something :')

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Currently 9, mostly short stuff I can quickly get over with. My record on steam is somewhere upwards 75
5s2AeIr.png

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm still on my old 500GB SSD so I can only really have 1 or 2 big games installed at a time. Download speeds are pretty bad here as well so it's a great motivator to actually play what I've got installed rather than cycling through like a dozen.

Though I usually have 10 or so indies that barely take a gig at most.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Not more then I need. Any doubts, and off to uninstall they go.

Games I'm playing right now: Disco Elysium, Two Point Hospital
Games I'm always returning to: Tricky Towers, Spelunky, XCOM2, Civilization 6
Games I recently got: Noita, RAD
Games I intend to replay: The Witcher 2, The Witcher 3, Portal
Games I just like having installed : Team Fortress 2

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

I usually play one game at the time but i have like 5 games installed.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

ATM?
SQ2alUz.png

I am going through my 2009 released games backlog so I had many of them installed atm

Also believe the hype
VYm6CDw.png

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019

About 10+ games. I've been meaning to finish some of the games, but I often ended up playing Underlords XD

Oct 27, 2017
This is a reassuringly nice set of responses. I honestly just assumed that with how cheap storage was on PC that everybody just had everything available, and that I was being weird by trying to limit my options.

I also have a bad habit of downloading games and then removing them again without playing. I think the game I've done that most with is Yakuza 0. At least 5 times or something :')

Yeah, this has been me too. I built my new PC in October - a first rig since 2013 - and honestly the amount of fiddling about I've done trying to categorise stuff, decide what to have installed, which launchers to use, which games I'll replay ever again, has been ridiculous. Thank god I've got no data caps.

I've decided to utilise my Start Menu (big thanks to those who recommended me PinMore and TileIconifier a week or two ago). Makes having so many launchers a triviality I rarely even need to see or think about, and keeps me more focused. I've pinned 1 game I'm actively working through here, 1 multiplayer that I'm actively playing right now, the next 2 single player games I want to check out and 2 racing games which I dip in and out of at my leisure just for fun.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

A bunch. But that's because my Steam/GOG installs live on a 5TB external hard drive, with only occasional game being granted SSD privileges.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

Only with what I want to play.

Right now - Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky FC

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado

Between all the launchers, I have probably like 20 games installed. I definitely run into that issue where I'm not sure what I want to play. When that happens I'll either load up Slay the Spire or FIFA.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I have hundreds of games installed. If i want to play something i dont want to have to wait to download it and so i keep all my games im playing on my SSDs and when done with them transfer the files to an old HDD.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's had a store page for weeks btw

I have 101 installed atm

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
The nice thing about having a primary diet of indies is that I can have like 30 smaller games installed permanently without even cracking 5 GB of space.

Still make room for the occasional AAA, but it's nice to have dozens of titles at the ready at any time 'cause they're under 250 MB a pop (oftentimes dramatically so).

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like one of the games launching in the month whose number is bigger than 2 but lower than 4 has been delayed:

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Over a hundred

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018

Hundreds. I have a slow internet connection, so I prefer just downloading games in advance. To avoid choice paralysis, I create a custom category in Steam called "Now Playing" and try to limit myself to whatever I currently have in that category. It works pretty well for me. It's even nicer with the new UI, since I've set up my home page to just show news and Now Playing. It lets me immediately see the games I'm trying to focus on whenever I boot up Steam.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So, something is screwed with Idlemaster or Steam. I'm idling some games since this morning, but all reporta zero hours played. How can I fix this? The game are idling but the hours counter doesn't increase?

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So i want to use the DS4 to play The Witcher 3 on Steam and while the controller works fine and i have selected the PS4 controller support in the settings i still get Xbox button prompts.What i am i doing wrong?

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Probably waiting for next week to do it with the top sellers of December.
no sorry for not being clear, not what sold best in 2019

like a Spotify year in review, for the users

like your most played game in 2019 was x
your most played genre tag was y
your friends most played was z
look how international your game playing was you played games from studios based in over 80 countries! wow

unless my brain has gone that bad i don't think theyve ever done that right?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
no sorry for not being clear, not what sold best in 2019

like a Spotify year in review, for the users

like your most played game in 2019 was x
your most played genre tag was y
your friends most played was z
look how international your game playing was you played games from studios based in over 80 countries! wow

unless my brain has gone that bad i don't think theyve ever done that right?
Oh, I thought you mean like this, with Steam doing a review of what they did:
steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Steamworks Development :: Steam - 2018 Year in Review

At the end of each year, we like to take time to assess the work we've done over the past twelve months and do some planning for the future. This is an informal, internal process and normally isn't the type of thing we'd publicize. But as we started to look at the work we put into Steam in 2018...

Your idea is cool, sometimes is quite interesting to get that stupid info.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Oh, I thought you mean like this, with Steam doing a review of what they did:
steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Steamworks Development :: Steam - 2018 Year in Review

At the end of each year, we like to take time to assess the work we've done over the past twelve months and do some planning for the future. This is an informal, internal process and normally isn't the type of thing we'd publicize. But as we started to look at the work we put into Steam in 2018...

Your idea is cool, sometimes is quite interesting to get that stupid info.
ive seen switch and ps4 things from people but I didn't know if those were third party scraping off of accounts or what (although I guess knowing Nintendo it probably wasn't)

which makes me think someone could do it maybe, but I don't know if that granular of information can be pulled from a steam account like that

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2020 is the year of my boy Tasky, they gotta delay it to give him even more screentime in the game 8]

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So i want to use the DS4 to play The Witcher 3 on Steam and while the controller works fine and i have selected the PS4 controller support in the settings i still get Xbox button prompts.What i am i doing wrong?

Never mind i got into Big Picture mode and the actually disabled PS4 controller support or whaever it's called and now the PS button are showing correctly.As long as it works...

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Disco Elysium is definitely a banned game on the PCGamer forum.
Never mind i got into Big Picture mode and the actually disabled PS4 controller support or whaever it's called and now the PS button are showing correctly.As long as it works...
It's better to use it as an xbox controller IMO, because TW3 have a horrible native implementation of the DS4 light bar.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

The Mandate of Heaven DLC does look good, rest of the patch is bringing a lot of neat stuff too.

Oct 25, 2017
I got too many games. People talking about too much choice. Total paralysis by analysis sometimes here. But not only too many choices, not enough space to accommodate them all. CODMW is like 160gb (not installed). GTA5 is like 80gb. RDR2 is about 150gb. DOS2 is 60gb. Then I have a bunch of xbox pass games, a handful of smaller games on epic store, and many games not installed due to lack of space that I am not finished with and some barely at all (witcher 3, deus ex MD, destiny 2, fallout 4, halo reach, no mans sky, xcom 2). I think I am going to buy a third storage device for sure. But even storage space is not the biggest issue which is actually having the time to play all these games.

This is basically caused I played nothing but hearthstone and WOW for a couple years lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.