• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Man I really wanted to play and finish Pathologic 2 before GotY votes but I don't think I'm actually in the mood for this game right now. It seems absolutely fascinating from the 2-3 hours I played (and something that could land on that list) but my brain/body is itching for something else.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I got too many games. People talking about too much choice. Total paralysis by analysis sometimes here. But not only too many choices, not enough space to accommodate them all. CODMW is like 160gb (not installed). GTA5 is like 80gb. RDR2 is about 150gb. DOS2 is 60gb. Then I have a bunch of xbox pass games, a handful of smaller games on epic store, and many games not installed due to lack of space that I am not finished with and some barely at all (witcher 3, deus ex MD, destiny 2, fallout 4, halo reach, no mans sky, xcom 2). I think I am going to buy a third storage device for sure. But even storage space is not the biggest issue which is actually having the time to play all these games.

This is basically caused I played nothing but hearthstone and WOW for a couple years lol...
Eh sorry to toot my own horn but I've settled on just going by release year. It isn't something I would recommend for everyone and cannot guarantee it'll work likewise.
For example here is a sample of what I've got planned for the next couple of months
UoVLV7J.png

Fiddling with the steam collection options to create a category based on a genre or such can help in clearing the backlog. Furthermore, shorter games are a good starting point since you can finish them quick and then delete them.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I've filled up 2x1TB SSD hard drives with games ready to play. I like having games ready to go, a nice selection to choose from. Otherwise digital is a massive drawback.

I have a list of "to-dl" for games to play next as well.

It sucks that if you just copy the game folder from one drive to the other, it doesn't work. You have to do it inside steam and it takes ages.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
How many games do you guys typically have installed at any one time?

I've always just had pretty much everything installed on PC, but I tend to get "choice paralysis" and not end up playing anything, so think I might have a go at running only a few games installed at a time. Does anyone else bother with that or just installs everything?
I used to have many that I did not play before. Since I got my new PC with more expensive and limited storage I have been rather good at finishing and uninstalling old games before moving on to new ones. Lately I have gone back to some infinitely replayable games such as FTL, Slay the Spire and Tetris Effect though, so they will probably stay indefinitely. RDR2 will take a while as well. I also got the ambition to play the Metro games so started 2033 Redux but it has not captivated me so far.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I just finished Yoku's Island Express which I got from Amazon Prime a while ago. What an ingenious and charming indie game that is. Pinball + metroidvania, and it works. Main quests finished, now I think I'll try to wrap up 100% and finish off those map spots I haven't seen yet. Fast travel looks to be all unlocked so it shouldn't take too long.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Another Witcher 3 question please.This time i cant find anything on the internet.

My PC is currently connected to a 4K(3840x2160p)Samsung TV and unless i set the game at 4096x2160p resolution from inside the game, the colours look so washed out.

At 4096x2610p and only at this resolution the colours are excellent and vibrant.At any other resolution(including the TV's) the colours look very washed out especially if you notice the grass and the water.

So what i do here?I tried the Radeon settings but nothing worked in there

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Another day and still no Origin Access update. They used to announce around the 15th-17th before they started doing it earlier in the month, but there was still no rhyme or reason to it (like always the third Tuesday or something). But now it's been almost a month and a half since the last drop.

Oct 25, 2017
When I launch GTA5 my bluetooth headphones go silent after the like... first 10 seconds. IN fact, it goes silent on my entire PC until I close the game. No connection issues. I had this happen with another game, sea of thieves... fine til my character got logged in. But it was fixed, I forget how. Weird how this issue is popping up after 15 hours of no issues.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Well feel like sharing my GOTY picks:

Disco Elysium
Resident Evil 2
AI: The Somnium Files
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Vampire the Masquerade: Coteries of New York

And my GOTD pick is Prey (I'm not bothering with more than one pick it's too much effort =/)

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
My GOTY picks:
Jedi: Fallen Order
RE2
Division 2
Slay the Spire
Remnant: From the Ashes

I wasn't able to play too many games this year, and these were the ones that stood out to me. I'm hoping to change that this year.

And then GOTD picks for me:
1. Witcher 3
2. Kerbal Space Program
3. Batman: Arkham City
4. Civilization V
5. Rocket League
6. DOOM
7. Hotline Miami
8. Hacknet
9. Firewatch
10. Bioshock Infinite

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
My GOTY picks:
Jedi: Fallen Order
RE2
Division 2
Slay the Spire
Remnant: From the Ashes

I wasn't able to play too many games this year, and these were the ones that stood out to me. I'm hoping to change that this year.
I have Remnant on Game Pass, is really that hard?
I read terrible things about the difficulty, but I completed all the Souls games, Sekiro and Bloodborne, it's worse than those?

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Remnant, Slay the Spire, Control, Three Houses, and Plague Tale are basically my big blind spots left from this year. And i felt like I did a good job keeping up!

Oh and Outer Wilds but I've been dragging my feet on it since I played the prototype way back when and know I'm gonna enjoy it whenever I get to it

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
All my free Origin and Xbox Pass time is going to waste since I'm just playing Pathfinder Kingmaker like a nut. It's like all the goodness of Baldur's Gate, with boring, poopy kingdom management on top. A regular loading screen and pop up window simulator. And it's still a great game.

PepeElToro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my email that my Index is getting ready to ship. Need to find something to ease me in to VR.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just installed Clone Hero and hooked up my old X360 guitar.

I think I'll never need another videogame in my life.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my email that my Index is getting ready to ship. Need to find something to ease me in to VR.
Did you get the controllers? The Lab experience and the Index Demo are quite good at it (even if the Index demo has a moment that triggered my vertigo). Otherwise you can ask in :

www.resetera.com

PCVR Game Discussion Thread - A New Era of Gaming

For hardware / setup related questions or discussion, please use the SteamVR Hardware thread or the Oculus thread. This is a thread for PCVR users to discuss VR games available on all the compatible platforms (Steam/Oculus/Windows). In the previous incarnation of the thread I tried making a...

Where people with more knowledge than me can guide you :D

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arbitrary rules most certainly don't keep it from being my personal GOTY.
Fair enough. It definitely looks cool. I wish I had more time to dive into more management simulation games.

The Lab and Aperture Hand Labs are pretty much designed to ease people into VR, and they're free.

SUPERHOT VR, Beat Saber, and Moss are all classic VR games that should offer a comfortable VR experience. I haven't played SUPERHOT VR or Moss on the Index yet (just got mine on Saturday), but I've read they work well with the Index controllers. I've recently been playing a lot of Pistol Whip, which is a lot of fun, even if you completely ignore the rhythm elements, where it becomes an on-rails shooter.

Hot Dogs, Horse Shoes, and Hand Grenades has the most in-depth gun mechanics of any game I've seen, and it's a lot of fun to play around in if that interests you.

PepeElToro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did you get the controllers? The Lab experience and the Index Demo are quite good at it (even if the Index demo has a moment that triggered my vertigo). Otherwise you can ask in :

www.resetera.com

PCVR Game Discussion Thread - A New Era of Gaming

For hardware / setup related questions or discussion, please use the SteamVR Hardware thread or the Oculus thread. This is a thread for PCVR users to discuss VR games available on all the compatible platforms (Steam/Oculus/Windows). In the previous incarnation of the thread I tried making a...

Where people with more knowledge than me can guide you :D

Yeah I got the full set.

Fair enough. It definitely looks cool. I wish I had more time to dive into more management simulation games.

The Lab and Aperture Hand Labs are pretty much designed to ease people into VR, and they're free.

SUPERHOT VR, Beat Saber, and Moss are all classic VR games that should offer a comfortable VR experience. I haven't played SUPERHOT VR or Moss on the Index yet (just got mine on Saturday), but I've read they work well with the Index controllers. I've recently been playing a lot of Pistol Whip, which is a lot of fun, even if you completely ignore the rhythm elements, where it becomes an on-rails shooter.

Hot Dogs, Horse Shoes, and Hand Grenades has the most in-depth gun mechanics of any game I've seen, and it's a lot of fun to play around in if that interests you.
Definitely had an eye on Beat Saber, I'll check out Pistol Whip and Superhot. Thanks!

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
no sorry for not being clear, not what sold best in 2019

like a Spotify year in review, for the users

like your most played game in 2019 was x
your most played genre tag was y
your friends most played was z
look how international your game playing was you played games from studios based in over 80 countries! wow

unless my brain has gone that bad i don't think theyve ever done that right?
I said the same thing a month ago
Come on Volvo

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't seem to find the newsfeed about a certain game on Steam anymore when i browsing my library. All i see is my activity and then community hub.. where have they moves this feature?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to find the newsfeed about a certain game on Steam anymore when i browsing my library. All i see is my activity and then community hub.. where have they moves this feature?
Do you mean the 'news' tab for just a single game? It's so sporadically used by devs that it's useless IMO, but you can find it by going

Select game --> Community Hub (or if on a store page, View discussions)--> News Tab

The news tab lists developer updates as well as related news from certain news sites, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.