• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean the 'news' tab for just a single game? It's so sporadically used by devs that it's useless IMO, but you can find it by going

Select game --> Community Hub (or if on a store page, View discussions)--> News Tab

The news tab lists developer updates as well as related news from certain news sites, I think.
News should appear in the Activity in the game, intermixed with the friend activity:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Otherwised yeah the news tab also has other news about it.

Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone here has been waiting for this gameplay trailer and it finally arrived:
[mod edit: content removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And on the subject of anime, it's a damn fine day for Koei Tecmo. Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 is sellotaped at 2nd of the Steam Global Too Sellers, the new Atelier Dusk DX trilogy pack is currently 5th, and the on-sale Atelier Ryza is currently 12th and 16th.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
And on the subject of anime, it's a damn fine day for Koei Tecmo. Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 is sellotaped at 2nd of the Steam Global Too Sellers, the new Atelier Dusk DX trilogy pack is currently 5th, and the on-sale Atelier Ryza is currently 12th and 16th.
Now imagine a world where KT has decent regional pricing.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
With that game coming out and Total War: Three Kingdoms getting a fancy update and expansion on the same day it looks like it's the best time ever to Romance the Three Kingdoms. Now imagine if they released a big new Dynasty Warriors that gets the series back on track…

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I know everyone here has been waiting for this gameplay trailer and it finally arrived:
[mod edit: content removed]
This doesn't look half bad; more of the same for the most part, but, eh
I'd pick it up on a sale maybe
My problem with the original game was that it feels kinda sleezy; its less about finding your dream girl and saying what you think and more about saying what you think the characters want you to hear and having sex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
The presence of the muslim girl is very confusing.

Anyway, I have this problem with Pathologic 2. Every time the clock rings (which is often), my dogs think the doorbell is ringing 🤪

Can someone tell me what about it is GOTY material? So far I have

at least got to a point where I can walk freely around the map without being beaten up

But outside the survival stuff, the gameplay seems to be mostly just walking from place to place and chatting with people. And I get that you can alter things depending on what you do and don't do. Is there a point at which the concept becomes more...unique, I guess?

edit: also, how is it that I just happened to try and download a game during what is I assume Tuesday maintenance?

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
steam does maintenance every tuesday night. it's usually fairly brief.

you'd think they'd have a warning up somewhere on the client by now

Oh right, I keep forgetting this!

Anyone got a link to each atelier bundle? And are the games bundled?

"https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13066/Atelier_Dusk_Trilogy_Deluxe_Pack_____DX/"

It shows up a bit buggy (no name) when searching for it, so I think they're still working on this listing?

Edit: Now it is redirecting me to the home page

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It looks like Koei Tecmo has spotted that they've been double discounting with the Atelier bundles, and seems to be in the process of pulling them. Boo!

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in such a shitty spot.

I really need to build a new PC, I still have a GTX 680 and an AMD FX-8150. Initially I was waiting on the 3950x to upgrade and thought I would just buy a 2080ti, but with the recent rumors of the 3000 series coming in the first half of the yea... Why not wait a little longer and suffer through it?

I'm not playing any PC games until I get my new build and my backlog just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Any clue why Bioware are randomly tweeting about Mass Effect again?

Is it perfect for Switch? Maybe Andromeda gets put on EGS / Steam.

I'm in such a shitty spot.

I really need to build a new PC, I still have a GTX 680 and an AMD FX-8150. Initially I was waiting on the 3950x to upgrade and thought I would just buy a 2080ti, but with the recent rumors of the 3000 series coming in the first half of the yea... Why not wait a little longer and suffer through it?

I'm not playing any PC games until I get my new build and my backlog just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
I mean, if you wanted to go super high end, you shouldnt go buying it just before a big refresh like this jump, even if it is 8 months difference (unless you want to play and then sell the card to buy the new one).

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bioware points are back and you'll have the chance to use them for the ME Trilogy re-release, you heard it here first

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you wanted to go super high end, you shouldnt go buying it just before a big refresh like this jump, even if it is 8 months difference (unless you want to play and then sell the card to buy the new one).
What? Did you read my post? I said I was waiting on the 3000 series before I build.... It is the wait that sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
I should play ME1 again. Never played it on PC.

The best Mass Effect with the best input.

I was gonna play the trilogy on PC. I killed ME1 like nobody's business. Single Player games rarely hold my interest that way. I could not continue the trend in ME2, gave up soon after the earliest section of the game lol... Just something special in ME1 that got lost in ME2.

I actually do not hate ME Andromeda, although I have not gotten very far I like the combat.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of curious what of the creative and production team that made ME1 is even at BioWare anymore

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Almost none of them, if I recall right. Didn't they leave to form a new studio and make a pretty good game the last few years?

if that's true I don't know why anyone expects anything good to come out of BioWare anymore. IIRC the doctors are long gone. It's just a name now.

edit: well it does appear that the lead designer for ME1-3 was the design director for Anthem. And Casey Hudson worked on Anthem IIRC.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
My PC seems to heat up more from FFXIV than it did back two years ago when I last played. Only game that ever did this to it before was Witcher 3 that put it through its pace around launch.

I have my suspicions that its CPU cooler related. Game never pushed my Graphics card (GTX 960 2gb) on the settings I use, so I doubt its that.

Weird thing is the CPU stays cool according to the program I use to monitor temps but the CPU cooler itself feels pretty damn hot. I mean, I can feel it heating up in the case if I put my hand up to the side of it.

I guess I might as well replace the thermal paste and see if that makes a difference. Its been about..

*checks notes*

About five or six years since I first installed that CPU and applied some paste to it. Maybe one more year than that, I lost track of when I did all that.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered/Special Edition. Maybe.

I feel EA is pretty likely to just re-release / HD version a bunch of older titles. Seems like easy money especially now they can put stuff on Steam again, and that era of games like Mass Effect/Dead Space/Mirror's Edge/Titanfall etc won't need much work.

Last edited:

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
if that's true I don't know why anyone expects anything good to come out of BioWare anymore. IIRC the doctors are long gone. It's just a name now.

edit: well it does appear that the lead designer for ME1-3 was the design director for Anthem. And Casey Hudson worked on Anthem IIRC.

Mark Darrah(and Patrick Weekes) is pretty much the reason I still have hope for Dragon Age 4.

If DA4 turns out to be a dud (as in Andromeda and Anthem level, I don't mind Inquisition) then I'm done with Bioware.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Getting this issue as of last night where after a seemingly random period of time a game will minimize itself. I thought it was an Origin specific issue but it just happened when I was testing out Portal 2 on Steam, so something went haywire with Windows is my guess.

Anyone have any ideas?

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised by the Christmas community event for Euro Truck Sim 2/ATS not reaching all of its goals. They gave us plenty of time to complete.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Getting this issue as of last night where after a seemingly random period of time a game will minimize itself. I thought it was an Origin specific issue but it just happened when I was testing out Portal 2 on Steam, so something went haywire with Windows is my guess.

Anyone have any ideas?

I had that issue a couple years ago, it was some Logitech companion hidden updater thing that was installed, checking for an update. It was annoying. There was no way to fix it, other than uninstalling the software.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't but you reminded me that tonight I realized that Origin doesn't take screenshots. I tried to then take a screenshot with nvidia (alt-f1) except the alt key performs a quick turn in me:a so...

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I had that issue a couple years ago, it was some Logitech companion hidden updater thing that was installed, checking for an update. It was annoying. There was no way to fix it, other than uninstalling the software.
ugh, i haven't installed anything new. The latest thing I'd installed as actually the game it first started happening with, and it was playing fine several hours beforehand. Which leads me to think it was some Windows update that I didn't notice...

Going to try installing the new nvidia driver and see if that helps any.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
So every suggestion I saw through Google turned up nothing, but your comment made me think; "I don't have any new programs that update, so that couldn't be the problem, except..."

Except the game Fe, which uses Denuvo, which needs to connect to servers to keep functioning. I hadn't launched it in a couple days.

So I uninstalled that and spent an hourish in a couple games and they didn't minimize once afterwards when they were doing so every 5-10 minutes beforehand.

So apparently Denuvo screws with your games even if they don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.