• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly how I felt too.

Then I remembered im a brown person that has survived by mostly hiding who I am on the internet.

Esta es la murga de Panama.

Murga pa qui Murga paya

I responded to this question many times.

Im a PC gamer and im still here, PC era is alive then.

Which bans?

Nobody is forced to use EGS, its just another launcher.

Era is getting better for minorities for sure.

This was hilarious actually.

You are a great person and amazing OP for this thread.

Murga pa qui, Murga pa ya.

Esta es la Murga de Panama.

???

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
You knew exactly what you were doing with that thread and you didn't even dare to say it. Why are you even here?
Can this thread not harass members for one day?

Every single time there's a thread y'all don't like you use this thread as your safe space to endlessly complain, snipe, and fume about it. It's beyond tiring to see this happen. every. single. time. there is an EGS-related thread on Era.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Every single time there's a thread y'all don't like you use this thread as your safe space to endlessly complain, snipe, and fume about it. It's beyond tiring to see this happen. every. single. time. there is an EGS-related thread on Era.

You're not the one being stalked over fake accusations though.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Yeah replying to someone starting shit is harassment. OK

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Just smile, wave and move on. Don't get dragged into it, there's no chance of constructive discussion.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's cool, I'm not trying to snap at you, just...I know the situation sucks all around, but no less than six people in this thread have explicitly said they have been sticking to this thread to get away from all this stuff. Then we have people coming in trying to stir it up all over again. It's frustrating, doubly so when we feel like the avenues we're SUPPOSED to take according to site rules [reporting posts and using the ignore function] are both compromised by the fact that a mod is, themselves, hip-deep in the whole situation.

I know it sucks to have to compromise your personal speech as a moderator, but like...that's part of the gig. It might not be fair, but you have to have an extra layer of discipline compared to other users. And I'm 100% reporting anyone else who brings this crap up in the thread, so I'm not trying to target you. Just hoping you get where I come from.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I agree whether this is serious or not.
I love Destiny. I hate Destiny.
Yes. Only someone who has played D2 will know the true meaning behind my gif.

Ensnared by its tempting web of promise, only to see it for the charade that it truly is. Trapped eternally by Zavala's siren call of endless bounties, unable to free yourself from your perpetual duties. Your only solace, to look up at the burning sky and bellow these words true: Fuck you Bungo!
mad.gif

/s of course. I think D2 is an amazing game especially if you got friends to tag along and there is plenty of PVP and PVE content to keep you occupied but there is plenty of bullshit to contend with also. Tons of content to sift through right now without even paying for any of it in the f2p model.

Man, RE2 Remake is infinitely more fun on Assist mode. I was really not enjoying it on Normal, but this is a lot more fun
I played the game on hardcore or w/e the hardet default difficulty was and it was great because I was always out of ammo constantly and had to pick my fights which led to super tense moments. But it also led to frustrating ones and made me rage quit at times.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Only someone who has played D2 will know the true meaning behind my gif.

Ensnared by its tempting web of promise, only to see it for the charade that it truly is. Trapped eternally by Zavala's siren call of endless bounties, unable to free yourself from your perpetual duties. Your only solace, to look up at the burning sky and bellow these words true: Fuck you Bungo!
mad.gif

/s of course. I think D2 is an amazing game especially if you got friends to tag along and there is plenty of PVP and PVE content to keep you occupied but there is plenty of bullshit to contend with also. Tons of content to sift through right now without even paying for any of it in the f2p model.

I played the game on hardcore or w/e the hardet default difficulty was and it was great because I was always out of ammo constantly and had to pick my fights which led to super tense moments. But it also led to frustrating ones and made me rage quit at times.

Yeah I get that. But if there's one thing I know about myself when it comes to videogames, it's that I follow this single rule, no matter what:

6e9.png

I don't like being methodical. I don't like exploring, I don't like puzzles. There are a lot of games I think are objectively probably very good, such as Breath of the Wild, The Last of Us, Dark Souls, that I can't STAND because they punish me too much for going apeshit. Momentum, viciousness, and overwhelming speed are what I'm all about, and while some games that are more methodical can be surprisingly well-paced. As a result, while I wasn't having a HARD time in RE2 on Normal, I was certainly having an annoying one. I don't like having to 'go around' zombies or try to bait them or something. I just wanna pop the fuckers and move on, so it taking 7 headshots to drop a single zombie was infuriating.

This isn't to say I want a game to be easy, some of my favorite games are EXTREMELY difficult, but it's still all about me being a fast, crazy motherfucker. Serious Sam, Doom, Ninja Gaiden, etc. [And if they're story-driven I can be a bit more patient, this is mostly a gameplay thing]

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have tips for someone starting Slay the Spire? I've played a couple rounds, but I'm still struggling to put together a coherent strategy and it doesn't feel like I have a lot of space to express skill in the early rounds, if that makes sense. The game's not sticking for me at the moment.

Wonkertonk

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 15, 2019
Warwick, England
User banned (3 days): Antagonizing another member
Yeah I get that. But if there's one thing I know about myself when it comes to videogames, it's that I follow this single rule, no matter what:

6e9.png

I don't like being methodical. I don't like exploring, I don't like puzzles. There are a lot of games I think are objectively probably very good, such as Breath of the Wild, The Last of Us, Dark Souls, that I can't STAND because they punish me too much for going apeshit. Momentum, viciousness, and overwhelming speed are what I'm all about, and while some games that are more methodical can be surprisingly well-paced. As a result, while I wasn't having a HARD time in RE2 on Normal, I was certainly having an annoying one. I don't like having to 'go around' zombies or try to bait them or something. I just wanna pop the fuckers and move on, so it taking 7 headshots to drop a single zombie was infuriating.

This isn't to say I want a game to be easy, some of my favorite games are EXTREMELY difficult, but it's still all about me being a fast, crazy motherfucker. Serious Sam, Doom, Ninja Gaiden, etc. [And if they're story-driven I can be a bit more patient, this is mostly a gameplay thing]

Not going to lie, you're showing an awful lot of psychopathic tendencies here..

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
This thread was supposed to be safe from trolls >_>

Anyway, I've been obsessed with Temtem. Don't sleep on that game, I know it's early access but it's already 2/3rds there and battles are stupid fun.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yeah, when I play a videogame I wanna be a psychopath. That's my point.

hey he's just a working man trying to get a paycheck
He still jobbing with Black Ant? :(
This thread was supposed to be safe from trolls >_>

Anyway, I've been obsessed with Temtem. Don't sleep on that game, I know it's early access but it's already 2/3rds there and battles are stupid fun.
Temtem is so good, that dojo boss fight is whooping my arse

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have tips for someone starting Slay the Spire? I've played a couple rounds, but I'm still struggling to put together a coherent strategy and it doesn't feel like I have a lot of space to express skill in the early rounds, if that makes sense. The game's not sticking for me at the moment.

Try to keep a small-ish deck and get rid of your basic blocks and strikes for stronger stuff. Use potions don't hoard them, you'll get more later and you can't save them for a boss when you're dead. Stick with the ironclad for a while till you get a feel for the game and familiarity with the enemies/mechanics

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He still jobbing with Black Ant? :(

Temtem is so good, that dojo boss fight is whooping my arse

Nah, only Spencer writes him with Ant and he hasn't shown up since like issue 22 of Amazing Spider-Man which was six months ago

His last appearances were pretty impressive, he killed Doctor Doom and after Doom beat up Mephisto and came back from hell, Tasky put up a pretty good fight against him in a straight 1v1 before of course losing [I mean, it's Doom], but he actually put the hurt on Victor pretty hard before going down.

Also he's got his own mini coming up I'm fucking hype about, it's by the same writer who wrote him really well in DotD:

RCO030.jpg

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Misrepresenting and antagonizing other users over a series of posts
Ya'll really killing the meaning of harassment and then you wonder why no one is taking you seriously
You say this as if users once in this community thread didn't harass a mod off of era.

This community thread has been in a bad place for a long time precisely because it is the Complain About EGS Discourse |OT|. It shouldn't be a place where y'all complain about a user, then get shocked and shut down when that user shows up in the thread. Like, seriously, c'mon, have some self-awareness about the degrees harassment can take.

This thread should be welcoming to everyone.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, only Spencer writes him with Ant and he hasn't shown up since like issue 22 of Amazing Spider-Man which was six months ago

His last appearances were pretty impressive, he killed Doctor Doom and after Doom beat up Mephisto and came back from hell, Tasky put up a pretty good fight against him in a straight 1v1 before of course losing [I mean, it's Doom], but he actually put the hurt on Victor pretty hard before going down.

Also he's got his own mini coming up I'm fucking hype about, it's by the same writer who wrote him really well in DotD:

RCO030.jpg
I love how much you love him haha
Dont...Just trust me

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
You say this as if users once in this community thread didn't harass a mod off of era.

This community thread has been in a bad place for a long time precisely because it is the Complain About EGS Discourse |OT|. It shouldn't be a place where y'all complain about a user, then get shocked and shut down when that user shows up in the thread. Like, seriously, c'mon, have some self-awareness about the degrees harassment can take.

This thread should be welcoming to everyone.

No one harassed a mod off era. You're talking about BronsonLee and he's making shit up and you, right now, are propagating that shit.

Shit claims that a bunch of us had a RACIST harassment toward him, not only that but also made death threats and doxxing.

Yet said mod REFUSE to provide any evidence to back those bullshit claims. Why ? Because there's none.

I got my ass banned of this site for any mod whining, and we're trying to make people think that a bunch of users harassed a mod, made death threats and doxxed him and walked free ?

So next time you want to bring up that shit, either back those claim or shut up.

Kindly.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
No one harassed a mod off era. You're talking about BronsonLee and he's making shit up and you, right now, are propagating that shit.

Shit claims that a bunch of us had a RACIST harassment toward him, not only that but also made death threats and doxxing.

Yet said mod REFUSE to provide any evidence to back those bullshit claims. Why ? Because there's none.

I got my ass banned of this site for any mod whining, and we're trying to make people think that a bunch of users harassed a mod, made death threats and doxxed him and walked free ?

So next time you want to bring up that shit, either back those claim or shut up.

Kindly.
Hella aint exactly innocent himself, I remember him accusing me of being a racist for not liking the MK11 music in the trailer.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the Steam Sale, I'm trying to decide if I should get the AC: Odyssey season pass or the Civ VI ones...I wanna finish my collections of both games eventually.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
You knew exactly what you were doing with that thread and you didn't even dare to say it. Why are you even here?
So now 2Bee comes into this thread trying kick some more drama.
Why the fuck is this permitted ?
I dont get y'all. 2Bee replied to some normal posts and some, um, not the nicest posts talking about him, and youre basically telling him to stay away from this community thread and wonder why people in general might get the impression people are being chased out?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Speaking of the Steam Sale, I'm trying to decide if I should get the AC: Odyssey season pass or the Civ VI ones...I wanna finish my collections of both games eventually.

The Fate of Atlantis DLC for Odyssey was pretty good. I've not played the First Blade DLC and won't do, given certain story choices they forced in that DLC.

Can't speak to the Civ 6 DLC, I've barely played that game.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I dont get y'all. 2Bee replied to some normal posts and some, um, not the nicest posts talking about him, and youre basically telling him to stay away from this community thread and wonder why people in general might get the impression people are being chased out?

My post wasn't directed at 2Bee. My post had no antagonism. Why am I getting taunted ?

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys

I think I'm done with this site. You'll be able to find me on the PCera discord, and probably on MC more often now as well.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
My post wasn't directed at 2Bee. My post had no antagonism. Why am I getting taunted ?
Did I quote you?

Edit: Oh you mean in 2bees post. I didnt say you were antagonising. My point was just that in one or two of those posts are things that would personally irk me and replying is pretty natural. Maybe I phrased it better now.

Its beside the point anyway, my issue is just posts like those I explicitly quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.