• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

If PC Gaming Era was a football tema it would be...

• England

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • Belgium

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • France

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Toronto Raptors

Votes: 102 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I just discovered who was the guy who've made that Bad Apple song for Touhou (his name is Masayoshi Minoshima) and damn, he made some sick tunes:

Come on YouTube, I need more music like this. That Devil Trigger recommendation mix is pure gold mine.
I think it's just her design that makes the low poly models stick out more than the others for me, and probably because she's the first character I used lol

and man the game looks nicer at higher res, but I can't 4k it with a 1060 gtx despite the game is barely using my gpu at 1080p, the particle effects tank my framerate at 4k
You're not the first one who can't get KI running in 4K on a decent rig, and that's a damn shame, I honestly expected better performance since it runs in 4K on Xbox One X, but I guess this engine is more demanding than I thought.
My eyes are probably just terrible, but I've been struggling to hit good framerates at 4k with games (this sucks as 4k is the entire reason I switched to PC gaming) so I just did comparisons between 1440p and 4k. Took screenshots and directly compared and... on some games I don't see any difference. Of course, if I zoom the screenshots in I can. But normal fullsize on screen, I can't. However some games there is a noticeable difference. Like I compared Tomb Raider 2013, and on Ultimate quality the 1440p and 4k look identical to me, however the 1440p runs at 60fps while 4k runs at 30fps. Yet on some other games, even with antialiasing, I notice some nasty jaggies at 1440p versus 4k. But I have also encountered games which have nasty aliasing even at 4k with the same antialiasing solution.

Is this a game engine thing?
In my experience, these things mostly depend on the engine, for some games, 4K helps significantly, for another there's not much difference.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
A weird game which looks like it would be for children... but might not really be. I have checked whether it is banned and I don't think it is.

mZfqfQT.png

I wonder if this game is banned here too.
Take care wok!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody knows where the saves for the Steam version of Shovel Knight can be found on the HDD? My work firewall is screwing up the Cloud uploads so I have to send myself the saves manually over email.

Searching on Google they say that I should be able to find them here: %APPDATA%\Yacht Club Games\Shovel Knight\saveData.bin

but I don't have the "saveData.bin" file in that folder.. Only "input.bin", "render.bin" and "session.bin"...

Out of those three I guess Session could potentially vaguely sound like a save file but it hasn't been modified in days. The input and render files have been modified today but that doesn't really make sense as a save file name?

Deques

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody knows where the saves for the Steam version of Shovel Knight can be found on the HDD? My work firewall is screwing up the Cloud uploads so I have to send myself the saves manually over email.

Searching on Google they say that I should be able to find them here: %APPDATA%\Yacht Club Games\Shovel Knight\saveData.bin

but I don't have the "saveData.bin" file in that folder.. Only "input.bin", "render.bin" and "session.bin"...

Out of those three I guess Session could potentially vaguely sound like a save file but it hasn't been modified in days. The input and render files have been modified today but that doesn't really make sense as a save file name?
I don't have that file either on my computer. Have you tried to copy the other files to another computer?

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played the Kiwami 2 demo and in the end there's this gigantic text PS$ EXCLUSIVE, and I think it's the first time I see something similar related to the Yakuza franchise. I just hope 0 and Kiwami 1 are not the only games we'll get on PC, it would be sad if the franchise now turns into a Playstation exclusive. I mean, de fact it was a Playstation exclusive, since from 0 to 6 the games only released on Playstation consoles (excluding a port for WiiU of 1+2), but it was never promoted to be a Playstation exclusive I think?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that upping the FPS to 60 or ever 120 will affect certain timings for QTEs, but you can also edit that as well to resolve it.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/261110/guides/?browsefilter=trend&requiredtags[]=Modding or Configuration&requiredtags[]=English

One more thing: You can also disable the HUD if you want by editting .ini files as well.
Thanks, plays much better. And you can actually get health regeneration via upgrades. Damn, this game really needs a few tutorial boxes, doesn't even come with a manual that would explain this.
Now, with better framerates, and those upgrades it actually plays much nicer. I like the trainwreck writing in this, it's like watching a really bad theatre production - were all the performers make up shit as they go, but also take it all super seriously. Camp galore.

There is also the Sony Wireless Adapter, which connects wirelessly and you just need to plug in via USB. Also allows to easily get audio on the DS4. Unfortunately it's limited to one controller, and it costs an arm and a leg now that Sony pretty much stopped producing them (and they weren't exactly cheap to begin with).

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I need to get back to this game, been years since I dropped it but have been thinking about it lately.

Hoping this finally makes me stick with ETG. I tried in the past but I bounce off quickly right after.
I FINALLY managed to beat him though; the trick is to have Succubi only as your 2nd tier units, since their spread attack hits 3 tiles, and as the boss mainly moves in the center and right areas only, you can just set up the Succubi to damage to him even if it is a little damage.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Bought RE7 from Cdkeys, after installing game says that servers are not reachable. Thanks, Denuvo! (or Cdkeys?)

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
not really

he's just asking for people to review his game

he needs to hit a threshold before steam makes it "count" or whatever

he's not asking for only positive reviews or anything (it already has an absurdly high percent) just letting people know that reviews are kind of important for visability on steam

edit also this was three months ago holy crap where did you even find this. theres been like 14 reviews in the last 30 days so it obviously didnt help that much

R1dqhvL.png

you can tell when the blog post hit

after a whole month of no reviews at all, and a passionate fanbase but small, letting them know that they can review it if they want doesn't seem that awful to me

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
There are still guaranteed features to go, but if we hit 500 reviews and get that "Overwhelmingly Positive" rating on Steam before 1.0 I'll further expand the world with a new faction and a bunch of related content.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
This twitch PUBG show is hitting major snags. I hope the players can keep their cool, since there is nothing they can do to make it right. It seemed like a very cool event leading up to this.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
This twitch PUBG show is hitting major snags. I hope the players can keep their cool, since there is nothing they can do to make it right. It seemed like a very cool event leading up to this.

I dont even understand why you should pay for Events in a game that is sold for 20€ and is making dosh with MTXs and where the devs told everyone last year that everything will be free.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont even understand why you should pay for Events in a game that is sold for 20€ and is making dosh with MTXs and where the devs told everyone last year that everything will be free.
They said every map and whatever would be free, not "everything". Cosmetics have always been part of the game and were never said to be free at any point.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am playing Hat in Time now and i am at 52% now, it is charming little game. Some sound effects can get annoying a bit but platforming is fun (i didn't like it that much when i started in Mafia Town to be honest but after few more levels i am into it) and characters are funny too :D I hope that i will finish it over the weekend. I unlocked all rooms and played most of the levels.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
First person has completed the monthly challenge :D Well done Uraizen!

xM8izhq.png

Killer Instinct - InquisitorAles
One of the best fighting games ever made, easy to get in and extremely fun to play. Tons of singleplayer content, 29 unique characters, various tutorial modes and even rougelite story mode with random missions and XCOM-style geoscape view. Steam version is the complete package, no additional payments required. You have one month to beat Gargos on easiest difficulty in Shadow Lords mode, good luck.

List of people who have completed it (send me a PM):

• Uraizen

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
the whole unreal assets share switching to 88-12 kind of supports that idea that you should at the very least challenge the fees valve, apple, google and everyone else are asking

i'm really puzzled why anyone would just 'trust' companies to be reasonable, you always need to see the receipts

This game sounds like the COD campaign of a Monster Hunter game. Regular Mon Hun is dry as heck and does not even pretend to give you an excuse to hunt; You either want to or you don't. It does not have things like secondary characters or NPCs that you follow as you progress and help them out with stuff via sidequests. Its a very straight forward game in that sense.
i'm guessing the game makes up for it by having pretty deep gameplay mechanics, or at least progression systems that keep you engaged past the point of needing a story

i'm generally story-driven so for me that's kind of disappointing, but that approach is super valid and it has worked for me in other games like dragon's dogma in which the story is very barebones but the setting is appealing and the gameplay is really fun so i don't have much of a problem

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
SfNb5Ol.jpg

i'm really intrigued on how much actual hunter will differ from toukiden, from what i hear, monster hunter involves a lot of maintenance with like sharpening your weapons and putting trackers on monsters and following them around and buffs and such, while this game is waaay less involved

it actually asks so little of you that i can safely get into a fight, alt tab out of the game and as long as there's a healer in the party i know they'll keep me alive and kill the damn thing on their own. it's also a game i've literally started to fall asleep while playing because of how little i had to do to progress

and i don't say this as a bad thing, this game is actually a lot of fun and does what i want from it that is something to do on a second screen while i watch league videos but when i think about monster hunter and how much attention it seems to require i feel like i can't even imagine wailing at a single monster for like 15 minutes like in this game and having to be really concentrated the whole time

in any case, i'm dragging my feet a bit on this last bit of the game cos i don't feel like starting anything else and i don't want to spend $60 on octopath traveler just yet, so basically just maxing out everyone, finishing up all these dumb sidequests where you have to teach a guy how to make a hair comb out of monster parts for his daughter and uh, taking baths with the whole crew

also this game has totally a second layer that's like very overtly nier as fuck and they're not gonna address it for sure and i kind of really want to know where that goes. i hope there's a 3 in the works...

Well so Monster Hunter World got rid of the really tedious stuff. You don't need to maintain weapon sharpening stones and hunting down monsters involves finding some sign of the monster (footprint, scratch, mucus, etc.) and letting your scout flies help find out what direction they went. The more you find of a certain kind of monster, the easier your scout flies are able to find one. At that point you are just killing monsters so you can get materials so you can build better weapons and armor so you can take on bigger monsters. Rinse and repeat. When you kill a monster you get info on that monster type's weaknesses so you can better prepare to kill more of those monsters quickly to get your materials. There's also some farming to get materials for special ammo and food, but World makes that really easy by marking everything on the map. Oh, and there are a ton of different weapons types to try that all play differently.

There is a story, but it's really basic big dragon stuff and mostly told in a few larger set piece missions you reach along the way.

As someone who is mostly into narrative games I thought I would find it boring but it is a weirdly compelling gameplay loop. Although the giant multilevel environments and kitties help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.