• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I bought Rage 2 in Summe Sale for 33€ (base price of 40€ minus the 5€ coupon and 2€ trading card money)
30€ would have been a great base price for this approach.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

tumblr_n7a9r3GNUZ1qm9p5uo1_400.gif
do these have evas in them

i don't care unless they have evas

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am thinking about making a thread that talks about games and sales and price drops in general. Games are losing value a lot faster than few years ago. And I mean A LOT faster. I already mentioned that Ubisoft had sales on their games every single week this year and that is on UPlay only, and they are putting their games on sale outside of UPlay too every few days.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man those Beth game prices are cheaper than the summer sale. Want to get Evil Within 2, D2doto.

Rage 2 could go lower but it seems like $30 and lower might be a good price for that now.

Skyrim VR still intrigues me.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
If anybody is getting into Rage 2, keep in mind that there is still a very ugly difficulty bug in the game. Maybe it will be fixed by the big update on July 25.
This big update will introduce a variety of fixes and new features apparently, like another difficulty and a New Game +.

The bug I'm talking about makes any difficulty to be "Easy" after quitting the game once.
If you start on "Hard" and you quit after while and come back, when you come back "Hard" is now "Easy" but it's still displayed as "Hard".
I did not notice that for a long time because I quit the first time before encountering any enemies. But "Easy" is really, really easy so I thought "Wow, Hard in they game is really easy".
I switched to "Nightmare" yesterday and the difficulty spike was enormous so I thought that can't be right, that's how I came across the bug finally.

The fix is apparently:
"go to difficulty, change to easy, back out to the game, go back in change to hard/nightmare."
That did it for me after quitting again.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I am thinking about making a thread that talks about games and sales and price drops in general. Games are losing value a lot faster than few years ago. And I mean A LOT faster. I already mentioned that Ubisoft had sales on their games every single week this year and that is on UPlay only, and they are putting their games on sale outside of UPlay too every few days.
Please do.

Especially for price drops as you don't get notifications for them unlike discounts. I often check my whistlist to see if any of the games there get a price drop.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Yeah, stuff like Far Cry New Dawn was 50% off a month after release. There's some huge cuts in some publishers single player games these days.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like an interesting thread.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I played both Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One.
Just started up rise on Gamepass and this could easily pass for a game coming out now. Was Shadow a bigger bump than Rise on PC or more or less the same?

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
I have absolutely no idea when I'll get around to playing it, but the Rage 1 DLC is the cheapest it's been in years (gotta love Bethesda's DLC pricing stinginess)

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I had a thought. Remember when Epic said they would sponsor streamers to play games? I know it's a bad idea, but isn't it possible that streamers that are paid for that would get harassed considering the store's sheer negative reputation?

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Finally, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are 75% off!

I'm thinking to pick up both. Is there any issue with both games on Windows 10? I heard that the games don't play well with Windows 10 and Fallout 3 Steam page has a disclaimer that the game isn't optimized for Windows 10.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking to pick up both. Is there any issue with both games on Windows 10? I heard that the games don't play well with Windows 10 and Fallout 3 Steam page has a disclaimer that the game isn't optimized for Windows 10.

I mean, the game isn't really optimized for any modern machine/OS, so always download the unofficial patches at least. For FO3's Win 10 issue, I think the fix is simply changing/adding a line in an .ini file.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I had a thought. Remember when Epic said they would sponsor streamers to play games? I know it's a bad idea, but isn't it possible that streamers that are paid for that would get harassed considering the store's sheer negative reputation?
I've watched a few Epic sponsored streams and there was no harassment towards the streamer (or anyone else) while I was watching. The whole ordeal has caused an uproar, without a doubt, but I don't think it extends to harassment, generally speaking. You'll likely see a few "fuck Epic" or "Epic LUL" in the chat but I think it's unlikely people will harass the streamer or anyone else for simply using the EGS.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

It is with sadness that we announce Defiant is ceasing Development.
First and foremost, that means that our incredibly talented team are looking for new roles. Every one of them is a champion in their field. If you can hire them, you should.
When we started this studio, we did so with a clear goal in mind. To hire great people, to create great games and to do that in an ethical manner with respect for our team and our audience.
In 2010, Australia desperately needed studios to demonstrate that it was possible to have substantial, Australian owned, IP generating homes for talent. That there could be a studio model in Australia that would thrive without being dependent on international ownership. That Australian studios could make console games again. Nine years later, there is no question that is true, and there are many Australian studios old and new demonstrating that Australian game development is truly world class.
The Defiant model has always focused on creating games nobody else would. Games that reflected the skills and passions of our team. Games that did something new. Our process has always been focused on iteration and exploration. We go into dark places, searching for hidden treasures. We set out without knowing where the journey will take us, and we do so knowing that the unknown is not always safe.
That is a risky way to make games, and we knew that. When it succeeds it delivers things you could never have considered possible. When it fails, it leaves you without a safety net.
The games market has changed in ways both big and small in the 9 years we've been in business. We have not been able to change quickly enough to continue with them.
To everyone who has supported us on this journey, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
To everyone who's ever worked with Defiant, thank you so much for sharing your work and yourselves.
Studios rise and studios fall, but people are always more important – to the people of Defiant, staff, friends, families, and partners, thank you. May your futures shine bright, and may you change the world for the better.
I'd like to leave you with a small glimpse at the game that we were working on. This video is incredibly early, but shows a little of what we had planned to create next.

At this point, Defiant will continue in caretaker mode to support our existing products.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

I really love this kind of low poly simple graphics, they make for some nice looking games.

Edit: Also seems like the devs somehow made a card game?!

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I played both Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One.
Just started up rise on Gamepass and this could easily pass for a game coming out now. Was Shadow a bigger bump than Rise on PC or more or less the same?

They feel very graphically samey to me. Shadow looks better but Rise is no slouch, and both are very strong graphically.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Is Konami making new YuGiOh games?

They made these two:

Issue for me with both of those is, Duel Links is a mobile game not optimized for PC Screens and controls, where as Legacy of the Duelist has had less budget than even that aforementioned mobile game.

And neither of these two do anything particular great or unqiue to stand out from the crowd, unlike those games i posted earlier.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched a few Epic sponsored streams and there was no harassment towards the streamer (or anyone else) while I was watching. The whole ordeal has caused an uproar, without a doubt, but I don't think it extends to harassment, generally speaking. You'll likely see a few "fuck Epic" or "Epic LUL" in the chat but I think it's unlikely people will harass the streamer or anyone else for simply using the EGS.
I did not realize they had already done sponsored streams.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are 75% off!

Fallout NV is ok on steam/10. 3 is best purchased on GoG as they fixed some issues regarding compatibility. A little bit at least.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Got a coupon for 20% off Automachef, which was on my wishlist. Bought :) Looks fun.

Dropped a few hours in last night and I'm really digging it so far. Didn't even realize there's a separate Contracts mode outside of the Campaign missions. In Contracts you design & sell blueprints to fit specific client needs, and use the cash to get new machine types and expand your business. Has a lite-RPG vibe to it.

The 3-star ranking system feels well tuned for each campaign mission. It's one of those deals where if you're a completionist, you're really gonna have to think through your production chain. Most star ratings follow the same pattern of minimum completed orders, power usage under x Wh, and minimum ingredients used. You also have a custom spending cap for each level that keeps you in check for working with what you've got to earn those 3 stars.

Quibble complaints are no key remapping, which the dev said is the first-priority for upcoming patch. I personally think the default keys are just fine, but I can see where some might be bothered.

A larger issue for me is that I'd like to see hotkey implementation for favorited parts. Dispensers, robotic arms (dumb), and conveners are simply essentials that come up time and again along your production chain construction phase. I'd like to quickly queue them up when I'm brainstorming puzzle solutions.

So yeah, overall this game is well ace. Really surprised the base price is only $15 for all you get, both content and production-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.