• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I really wish Valve did something about the wishlist.

You can't search by tags no longer for whatever reason, and sorting by review score/top selling is broken again. It's also impossible to arrange some sort of ranking order if you have a huge list since you can't change the ranking of a game if you searched for it (you need to know where it's located in the list beforehand).

I think the wishlist needs to be better than this considering we're constantly encouraged to wishlist items and go through discovery queues.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
True. If I look at my curator page, the peak of views on the first day of the summer sales is similar to last year's.
The main difference is that there are fewer views during the rest of the sales, because people do not use the discovery tools without any monetary incentive.

JsxVXcj.png

Mine spiked all over the place all the way through the sale but there was a noticeable consistantly large increase in traffic.

bqApvDZ.jpg

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I've always loved and respected the MYST series, but damn I'm dumber than a rock when it comes to actually playing them.

Never beat a single one. Not even close.

I liked Obduction a lot and managed to finish it without a guide (with the exception of the alternate ending).

The few times I have tried to play Myst I've gotten nowhere. It's a totally different animal IMHO.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
True. If I look at my curator page, the peak of views on the first day of the summer sales is similar to last year's.
The main difference is that there are fewer views during the rest of the sales, because people do not use the discovery tools without any monetary incentive.

JsxVXcj.png
Mine spiked all over the place all the way through the sale but there was a noticeable consistantly large increase in traffic.

bqApvDZ.jpg
Yeah Mine also goes all over the place, I honestly have no clue how to grow it past the 19 Followers I have now judging by how hit or miss retention seems to be.

Z4KpwOr.png

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you.

I'll try to ask here first.
------------------------------------

I'm currently looking to buy new low/mid range laptop to replace my potato-tier laptop (which struggles to even play last gen games).

After doing some research, I'm thinking of getting "Ryzen 5 2500U/8GB/GTX1050-4GB" for around 600$ (I believe it's the cheapest 1050 laptop in my country).

But after doing some more research (regarding entry level GPU), I came across "Ryzen 5 3550U/8GB/GTX 1650-4GB" for around 820$ (other laptop at this price point only have 1050 ti, which from what I gather is weaker).

My question is is the second laptop enough for the next gen gaming, assuming I don't mind playing in Low/Med 30FPS (from my research it seems like the laptop can handle current AAA game at High setting at 40-60 FPS) ?

Another option would be laptop in the same line as the second one, but with 1660ti and Ryzen 7, for 1150$, which is kinda too much for me.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure about 8GB of ram being enough for next gen, as the consoles right now already have that amount of ram (although in PC it works differently due to how v-RAM works). You might want to see if the laptops are able to be upgraded on that sense.
Another important thing when looking at laptops is also their internal drive and how big it is, as more and more games start to be huge and you might want more than 250 GB of space to have more than 1 big game installed at once.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
what's the best deal out there on a ryzen 3 for someone who doesn't already have an AMD mobo? Is it a $50 off cpu + mobo bundle through microcenter?

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I received an answer from the devs of Guacamelee 2. My PC does not meet the min requirements, so it is expected that I cannot play the game "from start to finish".

Usually, if the minimum requirements are not reached, then I cannot play at 60 fps, and I notice it from the get go. With Guacamelee 2, it was all fine for 8 hours, so the minimum requirements are really just there for that one stupid room before the final boss, in which the player cannot die and ennemies flood the screen for fun.

Due to the way the game runs with the Xbox App, I cannot change the resolution: I can resize the window manually but it does not seem to have much of an impact.

MJqmUYX.png

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Finished The Bard's Tale Trilogy. I gotta hand it to Krome Studios. They did a great job on it. I'll try and write up a full review sometime.
Yeah Mine also goes all over the place, I honestly have no clue how to grow it past the 19 Followers I have now judging by how hit or miss retention seems to be.
I can tell you right now that most of the large curators are where they are because of constant steam key giveaways.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So, since I have a very limited amount of time to play, I decided to start Destiny 2 on Ps4, since my brother has the first two expansion packs here.
I loved Halo, but I find Destiny 2 just very boring. I'm not into loot shooters, this is the first one I play and never tried Destiny 2, but the story is garbage, and even the story missions are just average at best, the enemies variety is absimal. I'm playing all the game alone because I don't understand if there's a matchmaking feature for the story campaign, so I beat the vanilla game campaign, the first expansion and now I'm doing the second, which is a slog because, yet again, the game forces you to have a 330 power in order to proceed with the expansion.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So, since I have a very limited amount of time to play, I decided to start Destiny 2 on Ps4, since my brother has the first two expansion packs here.
I loved Halo, but I find Destiny 2 just very boring. I'm not into loot shooters, this is the first one I play and never tried Destiny 2, but the story is garbage, and even the story missions are just average at best, the enemies variety is absimal. I'm playing all the game alone because I don't understand if there's a matchmaking feature for the story campaign, so I beat the vanilla game campaign, the first expansion and now I'm doing the second, which is a slog because, yet again, the game forces you to have a 330 power in order to proceed with the expansion.

I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be an item that boosts you to the Forsaken power level and then if you have the annual pass you can get another boost to get geared for the latest content.

But yeah, I do agree that the vanilla campaign as well as Osiris and Warmind are kinda meh. I quite enjoyed Forsaken though.

edit: ah if by the first two expansions you meant the stuff pre-Forsaken, I guess you won't have the boost.

Last edited:

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just recieved a physical mail from Schell Games regarding the release of a new mission in I Expect You To Die and some stickers. While I knew nothing about it, it seems that they annouced it about a month ago but I didn't know about it. Sweet! My favorite VR game by far.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Totally missed that Blazing Chrome is out today. Nice surprise! First review seems to be great.
Time to put that 20% Humble Monthly discount to use.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
I received an answer from the devs of Guacamelee 2. My PC does not meet the min requirements, so it is expected that I cannot play the game "from start to finish".

Usually, if the minimum requirements are not reached, then I cannot play at 60 fps, and I notice it from the get go. With Guacamelee 2, it was all fine for 8 hours, so the minimum requirements are really just there for that one stupid room before the final boss, in which the player cannot die and ennemies flood the screen for fun.

Due to the way the game runs with the Xbox App, I cannot change the resolution: I can resize the window manually but it does not seem to have much of an impact.

MJqmUYX.png
What's Guac2 made in? Could this be modded?

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I got five games for a total of $17.

AudioSurf 2
Cypt of the Necrodancer
South Park Fractured But Hole
Dark Scavenger
Jazz Punk

I was going to pull the trigger on baludars gate II but then I remembered that I have a physical copy I never installed lol. Whoops.

Haven't been able to get into gaming since July started, so probably $17 of a waste.

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017

MJqmUYX.png
Weird that the Xbox app release doesn't have resolution options when the Steam release does. I don't really see what the devs can do to help you regardless?

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

MJqmUYX.png
What if you change the OS resolution?

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
The school I work for is starting an esports club, so I've been helping them build some gaming PCs, and now I'm getting the itch to build a new machine. Plus my cable management is so much better now than when I built my last computer, so I'm excited to do it correctly from the start.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

MJqmUYX.png
Fight the power and play the game via Parsec on a friends PC. Assuming you can log into your account without breaking Windows.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Weird that the Xbox app release doesn't have resolution options when the Steam release does. I don't really see what the devs can do to help you regardless?

The devs cannot do anything.

It is just incredibly weird to have such a steep change of requirements over a playthrough. It is literally the first time I encounter this situation.

DK7MiMH.png

I mean that if I were the dev, I would have cut the room, which would have allowed to lower the min requirements and sell the game to more customers at no extra cost ("expand my audience" as Chet puts it). It is usually costly to optimize a game, but in this case, the game already runs great for 99% of a playthrough. Just cut the damn room! Or put it on an optional path, not just before the final boss.

In its current form, the game is a trap for people like me who try to run games even though their PC does not meet the min requirements: if everything works fine, great ; otherwise, get a refund. Here, the issue arises after 8 hours in a game supposed to last 8 hours and 30 minutes. So, we get to play most of the game, but they deny us the final boss and a New Game Plus, and they deny us a Steam refund (which would have been more problematic if the issue arose after 3 hours).

What if you change the OS resolution?

You know, I had not thought of that. If I had not rage-uninstalled the game, I would try that.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018

You still can't pre-order the game though on PC (it doesn't even have a Steam page, I think). Well at least Bandai is not going EGS exclusive (sorry about that one game Japan)

Also SD Gundam is out on PC (Steam) November 2019 and it will just be the base game (it may only have Japanese support at the beginning, English should follow shortly because of Asia)

They still have not announced a western release for the game, does Bandai have a history of region blocking games on Steam?

So because of licencing issues the PC version will not be getting the BGM DLC pack, or the 2002 SD Gundam game that PS4 and N/S are getting as pre-order bonuses (maybe Bandai doesn't want to spend the extra money on the PC version?)

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
GOG galaxy is legit. Be even better when (if) they add in friends from other platforms.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
DF made a video about the PC version of Journey and said that it has issues with Ryzen CPUs, well that's not good (since I have a Ryzen CPU). The game runs more smoothly on a PS4 than it does on a PC with Ryzen.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be an item that boosts you to the Forsaken power level and then if you have the annual pass you can get another boost to get geared for the latest content.

But yeah, I do agree that the vanilla campaign as well as Osiris and Warmind are kinda meh. I quite enjoyed Forsaken though.

edit: ah if by the first two expansions you meant the stuff pre-Forsaken, I guess you won't have the boost.
No I don't own Forsaken.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
GOG galaxy is legit. Be even better when (if) they add in friends from other platforms.

If it is compatible with this feature, that would be perfect. Maybe that is too much to ask.

LwnHYfj.png

That would allow me to have one launcher (GOG Galaxy 2.0) which respects my privacy, and which automatically starts the required launcher (e.g. Steam, Epic, etc.) whenever I want to play a game, and then close the launcher once the game window is closed.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold $29.99/€29.99 at Fanatical. Meanwhile the season pass is still full price, some 33% more than the gold edition which contains the season pass as well as the game.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold $29.99/€29.99 at Fanatical. Meanwhile the season pass is still full price, some 33% more than the gold edition which contains the season pass as well as the game.

Nothing new for Ubisoft. They also removed option to buy Season Pass Year 1 for Wildlands and new Gold Edition comes with Year 2 Season Pass that is basically worthless because only advantage you got with Year 2 Pass was early unlocks for new operators. Now you need to buy each SP DLC separately.

You still can't pre-order the game though on PC (it doesn't even have a Steam page, I think). Well at least Bandai is not going EGS exclusive (sorry about that one game Japan)

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I take back what I said about EDF 4.1 before; it's certainly not dull and tedious now, it's swung the other way to being brutally difficult, bloody hell!

I'm about ~30 missions in now (so about 1/3 of the way in from what I gather) and am still playing Solo on Normal as a Ranger, and each mission since about the ~20 mark has been a push at the very least, and brutal/unfair at the worst. I think see where the recommendations for co-op came in now?
If the difficulty maintains this curve I genuinely don't think I'll be able to beat it, at least not on Normal mode anyway, which seems nuts given there are 5 difficulties?

Oh, and having no checkpoints on really long tough missions is the kind of infuriation I thought we'd left behind quite some time ago.

Last edited:

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
I take back what I said about EDF 4.1 before; it's certainly not dull and tedious now, it's swung the other way to being brutally difficult, bloody hell!

I'm about ~30 missions in now (so about 1/3 of the way in from what I gather) and am still playing Solo on Normal as a Ranger, and each mission since about the ~20 mark has been a push at the very least, and brutal/unfair at the worst. I think see where the recommendations for co-op came in now?
If the difficulty maintains this curve I genuinely don't think I'll be able to beat it, at least not on Normal mode anyway, which seems nuts given there are 5 difficulties?

Oh, and having no checkpoints on really long tough missions is the kind of infuriation I thought we'd left behind quite some time ago.
The trick is to replay early missions on higher difficulties to earn higher-level weapons. If you're at mission 30 on normal, the best weapons you can get are level 8. Meanwhile replaying just the first mission on hard can get you weapons up to level 25, which are literally endgame drops on normal mode. There's guides on Steam with cheese strats for farming weapons, but you don't need that to clear normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.