• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Bragging about Cricket.

Cricket.

WateryTenseArabianoryx-size_restricted.gif

Cricket is the finest of sports.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ever since the shitty Steam sale my wish list won't remember my settings and keeps reverting to expanded mode and ranked order. :|

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So how many here are going to play Outerworlds through Gamepass rather than EGS or waiting for the Steam Release?

I'm leaning towards it.

Something being exclusive for a certain store is not something I'm boycotting a game for, if I really want to play it. But it does effect how much I'm willing to pay for it, and gamepass is a good compromise.

I sure ain't giving 60€ for a game on EGS at least.

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
So how many here are going to play Outerworlds through Gamepass rather than EGS or waiting for the Steam Release?
I'm definitely planning to, I'll pick it up on Steam later once it goes on sale.

Has there been any news on whether Control will be on gamepass yet? That's the only other game I care about that's gone to the EGS.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Control is really a bummer, they have gone the double exclusive way...
Sure Remedy is a private company and all, but damn they are playing their fans again.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm just giving up on EDF now, I'm just not enjoying it, I'm finding it tedious/repetitive at best and frustrating at worst.

Shame =/

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I have found the settings which maximize the recommendation of Artifact: popularity to the max, and release date exactly at 2.5 years.

I don't know if I should consider these settings to be good settings or bad settings though.
Other games are Cuphead, which is too hard for me, and DBZ, which is an anime fighting game.

b5TTWeF.png

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
They had to cancel my CP2077 order :( PayPal was reporting insufficient funds constantly. Only thing I can think of that could cause that issue is that currency exchange rate changed and amount of reserved funds wasn't enough and PayPal system was stupid and couldn't add more funds from the card.

Oh well I will reorder it as soon as PayPal gives me back my money back.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
In a hilarious/tragic microcosm of the series as a whole, Deus Ex: The Fall sets up its premise, ends after about 2 hours with a "Chapter 1 Complete - To Be Continued," and they never made the rest of the game.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

"Generally I think I would prefer not to do exclusives but I understand Epic's position with it, and quite frankly they are paying through the nose to build their store," said Jason. "All credit to them, it's fantastic, and we'll take some of their money, thank you very much."

Well at least they admit it. I can respect that.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
"Generally I think I would prefer not to do exclusives but I understand Epic's position with it, and quite frankly they are paying through the nose to build their store," said Jason. "All credit to them, it's fantastic, and we'll take some of their money, thank you very much."

Well at least they admit it. I can respect that.

Question is always is it worth it. In this case you are telling f-you to customers who have previous 3 games on other platform.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I've been on a bit of an XCOM 2 kick lately, just getting started on another commander playthrough hoping to knock through a couple achievements. I played Enemy Unknown way back when it first came out -- still worth giving Enemy Within a playthrough when I'm done, or will I find it dated? (I might even end up playing it on iPad lol)

I loaded up on Game Pass Ultimate almost entirely because I knew Outer Worlds was going to be on it.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass is such a mess. I get that it's in beta and whatever, but how can you not have a resolution setting a in a game? Like, what purpose does it serve to disable it for your service? I don't even want to start about the app.

giphy.gif

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Gamepass is such a mess. I get that it's in beta and whatever, but how can you not have a resolution setting a in a game? Like, what purpose does it serve to disable it for your service? I don't even want to start about the app.

giphy.gif
What's the issue here? A game that is vailable through GP does not have a resolution setting?
Why is that the fault of the service?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What's the issue here? A game that is vailable through GP does not have a resolution setting?
Why is that the fault of the service?

I'm assuming it's a UWP thing. Why would a developer on PC take out the resolution setting on purpose? I can't come up with a reason they would shoot themselves in both legs and then amputate their second arm with the one they've got left.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

giphy.gif
Which game out of interest? Blazing Chrome doesn't have a resolution setting on Steam either if that's what you're referring to. Either way, Game Pass games don't support exclusive full screen so they don't actually change your resolution anyway, just scale to your desktop resolution from whichever you select. And yes it sucks. Hellblade on Game Pass doesn't support HDR, whilst the Steam version does for example. Because for the game to automatically switch your GPU to HDR output it needs exclusive full screen. Fucking UWP.

Microsoft needs to add exclusive full screen support to UWP. The issue is that even though many of the games are Win32 on Game Pass, they're running in a UWP wrapper for DRM so they all suffer from this same issue.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Which game out of interest? Blazing Chrome doesn't have a resolution setting on Steam either if that's what you're referring to. Either way, Game Pass games don't support exclusive full screen so they don't actually change your resolution anyway, just scale to your desktop resolution from whichever you select. And yes it sucks. Hellblade on Game Pass doesn't support HDR, whilst the Steam version does for example. Because for the game to automatically switch your GPU to HDR output it needs exclusive full screen. Fucking UWP.

It's Wasteland 2. Stuck in what looks like a 800x900 window and when I full screen it, it's still super low res and stretched from 4:3 to 16:9. Like what.
I also read that Metro Exodus had issues with resolution settings. Haven't even tried that since it seems completely broken.

Edit: stretched the window before fullscreening it and the resolution is a tad higher, but I'm getting black borders. I'll probably pass on this for now. Plenty of over stuff that might play better.

moyad0

Apr 1, 2019
Is Timespinner a good game? I think I will give it a try.

Game Pass is a problem for me, I want to try every game and I end up playing nothing.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
8OQvDr0.png
9QG7YJP.png

I think one should not look for releases older than 2-3 years, otherwise, it is relatively obvious that the results are biased by bundles. Like, there are games which I am not interested in, and which appeared in many bundles, which get recommended to me for no other reason. By focusing on recent releases, this alleviates the issue.

YmfXvq7.png
rnXohxL.png

As for the popularity slider, it could make sense to look for popular games for people with new Steam accounts. However, for people who have been around for a long time, it is better to look for a value roughly equal to 0.7, so that the games which surface are not games which you already know about and discarded for right reasons.

I'm assuming it's a UWP thing

I had the same issue with Guacamelee 2.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Timespinner is missing a fullscreen option on Game Pass, it seems. Weird and hopefully they fix it soon.

and yeah, I'm probably going to play Outer Worlds on Game Pass. I wouldn't be playing it anytime soon otherwise even if it was on Steam at launch, so why not give it a shot when it comes with my subscription? Will probably wait at least a month or so for patches, though

Status
Not open for further replies.