• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Non-steam ver. is GBP 26 over at CDKeys, this edition has 30 day sub+all expansions up til Shadowbringers.
The non-steam ver. is Free, allowing only 1 character and capping you job levels at lvl. 35, but has no time limit.
I think you're speaking of different games. the_bromo_tachi refers to the latest entry, 15, which is single-player only. ;)

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
not a big FF person, but picked up 15 when it was on sale for $20 or so on a whim. Feeling a little bit of buyer's remorse that I didn't just grab FF12 instead.... the beginning is boring and the systems don't seem to have a whole lot of depth to them (yet)

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Finally decided to give the recommender tool a go!

3h6g7i845h69vjnx.png

Oh, right.

How and why is Valve so terrible at this. 😐

Slai-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Guys is it a good time to buy a laptop now or should i wait for the new generation to start?

I'm thinking about a mid range one cause all i care about is 1080p/60 fps, my eyes are on Helios 300.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I've been going for 100% completion in Deadly Obsession difficulty for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and it can be a real drag sometimes.. but it was somewhat worth it to get to play this moment again.

JZw3aAC.png

qH86HvE.png

Rambo ain't got anything on Lara these days.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Dream Daddy, Mirror, Always Remember Me, Machina of the Planet Tree, and many others.

Plenty of visual novels and anime games, or both. Plus you pulled the level all the way over to new.

Just Dream Daddy alone could have done it, as I had just one recently played VR game and my recommendations list is full of VR titles.

No matter how I look at it, it's a terrible system. Doesn't matter if I've played a game for 2 hours -- this system has no idea whether I enjoyed it or not. Furthermore, I don't think those titles warrants a drove of low effort/troll entries.

I cleaned up my list and now I got this as a suggestion. Probably because of all the calculators I'm playing. 😒

If I pull the lever all the way to old I get 0 games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
No matter how I look at it, it's a terrible system. Doesn't matter if I've played a game for 2 hours -- this system has no idea whether I enjoyed it or not. Furthermore, I don't think those titles warrants a drove of low effort/troll entries.

I cleaned up my list and now I got this as a suggestion. Probably because of all the calculators I'm playing. 😒

If I pull the lever all to old I get 0 games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well it is trying to find really recent anime and visual novel games. Pull the date back some. For me it shows lots of games I plan to buy or ha DVD played and enjoyed on other platforms.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
AC: Revelations is one of my favourites of that bumpy franchise, I feel bad it gets shit on. Istanbul's a great moody setting, and the ending is really cool with this great track:

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I've been going for 100% completion in Deadly Obsession difficulty for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and it can be a real drag sometimes.. but it was somewhat worth it to get to play this moment again.

JZw3aAC.png

qH86HvE.png

Rambo ain't got anything on Lara these days.

I just can't stop myself from imagining this scene in a better written game.
They should have either done the entire thing with this atmosphere or should have had it be the final scene at the very least.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Wouldn't Xinputemu do the trick? I use it a lot to fake me a XBox 360 controller and it does wonders.
Steam's custom.controller config options. Connect ur 360 controller, right click the game in steam u want to edit and choose controller config.
Just use Steam to remap everything.

SteamInput is amazing.
Thank you.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
AC: Revelations is one of my favourites of that bumpy franchise, I feel bad it gets shit on. Istanbul's a great moody setting, and the ending is really cool with this great track:

Ilove AC Rev too. Great atmosphere and one of the best characters in AC series Yusuf. I also visited Istanbul after i played the game and it is really beautiful city.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I just can't stop myself from imagining this scene in a better written game.
They should have either done the entire thing with this atmosphere or should have had it be the final scene at the very least.

I've been imagining a better game all throughout this trilogy replay I've been undertaking. It's been interesting. I really should have taken notes.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
Gears 5 on PC was cool to test but it really doesn't suit the platform... movement is bad with keyboard but you're forced to use it since sniper is op with mouse. Still a great choice of MS of course and crossplay campaign is awesome. Can't wait to play Halo Reach.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I've been imagining a better game all throughout this trilogy replay I've been undertaking. It's been interesting. I really should have taken notes.
Personally after playing Rise I already wanted them to reboot Lara again. I'd like to see them make it a technical platformer where controlling and mastering Lara is akin to mastering tricks and board control in Skate.

Or maybe just ditch the idea of mainline Lara games in general unless they're willing to do something wild with the formula. I really like Lara Croft GO and the two twin-stick co-op games Crystal Dynamics put out.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Personally after playing Rise I already wanted them to reboot Lara again. I'd like to see them make it a technical platformer where controlling and mastering Lara is akin to mastering tricks and board control in Skate.

Or maybe just ditch the idea of mainline Lara games in general unless they're willing to do something wild with the formula. I really like Lara Croft GO and the two twin-stick co-op games Crystal Dynamics put out.

Yeah, a technical platformer that rewards mastery of the many tools at Lara's disposal and your traversal through the world would be a great direction for the game to go. Shortcuts throughout the game world to get you where you need to go fast if you've got the technical mastery and can find them. Actual guerrilla combat with Lara using her skills and the environment to take out enemies with improvised weapons rather than just shooting them.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Well it is trying to find really recent anime and visual novel games. Pull the date back some. For me it shows lots of games I plan to buy or ha DVD played and enjoyed on other platforms.
It shows me no games at all if I drag the slider to "older".

This is probably because I did a looot of discovery queues back in 2017.
Mmm... Mmhmm mmhmm. I see Nioh and Sekiro which explains the weeb stuff, Dust which explains the furry stuff, and The Witness which is why they're also sliding or line based puzzle games. Pretty simple code to crack.

Edit: And of course Steam analyzed your Rocket League gameplay which explains the driving school simulator.

You may be onto something here. 🤔

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
500 hours into the Minecraft Modpack (FTB interactions) and the Streamer I am following is taking a break from it! The nerve some people have!!! We are only at mid-game!

probably 200 hours out of 500 I just had it running in the background, processing ores.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
My recommendations are pretty good, but it keeps wanting to recommend me Hitman 2 for some reason.
Although despite me spending ungodly amounts of time in Mobius Final Fantasy, it doesn't put free-to-play games high on the list, which is good.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, a technical platformer that rewards mastery of the many tools at Lara's disposal and your traversal through the world would be a great direction for the game to go. Shortcuts throughout the game world to get you where you need to go fast if you've got the technical mastery and can find them. Actual guerrilla combat with Lara using her skills and the environment to take out enemies with improvised weapons rather than just shooting them.
Sounds good to me.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Brotherhood still looks nice

tEhfenj.png
One of the cooler things about Brotherhood that i don't think any of the other games did was change the colour grading on areas that you had owned/fixed up. They all start super stark, desaturated and with high contrast, and as you buy up the housing in an area, they change the colour grading to super saturated with pinks and oranges (sometimes garishly so).

It was a cool effect.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
One of the cooler things about Brotherhood that i don't think any of the other games did was change the colour grading on areas that you had owned/fixed up. They all start super stark, desaturated and with high contrast, and as you buy up the housing in an area, they change the colour grading to super saturated with pinks and oranges (sometimes garishly so).

It was a cool effect.

They did it for Thebes in AC Origins. Before you finish certain quests in that area you get dark clouds and grayish color grading. This is how it looks

qZBEQEF.png

fv5yanV.png

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I just saw recommended graphics for Control is a 1080ti. I'm officially behind the curve.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

It was a cool effect.
I might be wrong but I thought ac 1 and 2 also had different color grading depending in what city /zone you are. They kinda stopped doing that with the start of ac 3

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I might be wrong but I thought ac 1 and 2 also had different color grading depending in what city /zone you are. They kinda stopped doing that with the start of ac 3
I don't know about AC1, as I've never played it, but yeah, 2 had different colour grading for different areas, but i don't think it was connected to what you owned in that area. At least...i think. I just found it the most stark in Brotherhood, as the grading is kinda garish in some spots.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Seeing the weather forecast for this week is fun. EuroEra, stay hydrated and drink lots of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.