• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you expect from E3?

• Everything was loot crates

Votes: 63 10.0%
  • Everything was randomly generated maps

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • Everything was class based

Votes: 23 3.7%
  • Everything was F2P

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Everything was battle royale

Votes: 493 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
Beat a game I bought during this sale, Jazzpunk. It's... definitely a thing, that you do. I heard it compared a lot to Airplane!/Naked Gun but it never quite hit that tier of funny with me. It was amusing and reference-filled and short and I think overall probably worth it.

Also started playing Wizard of Legend on the couch while my brother was over, it feels pretty good although I'm terrible at it. Pretty sure I need to pace myself more in it.

Edit: Oh also picked up Subnautica before the sale during the weekly and started that, loving it so far.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
I need to stop forcing myself to play certain games. Yooka-Laylee ain't worth my sanity.

It's an incredibly boring and slow game.

Yes. I found the game incredibly frustrating just from how conceptually sound it seemed to be, and I know I still like these kind of games. And yet there are so many problems with the game, and it doesn't feel enjoyable to me. I was very disappointed, but decided not to try further. There have been some updates since then though, such as fixes for the camera etc

I personally enjoyed it when I first played it.
Just drop it if you're not enjoying a game; it's what i do with some games on my backlog ;)

Yeah. Agree. Also, I've simply stopped buying most games in favour of working through the backlog. Still going to get games that I absolutely want though.
Coincidentally most of these are not even out yet - eg Shenmue 1&2, Yakuza 0 / Kiwami / Artifact / Below / Two Point Hospital / Phantom Doctrine / Serious Sam 4 / Metro Exodus / Sekiro etc etc

PaulSane

Oct 25, 2017
Russia beats Spain tomorrow. And we (Denmark) sends Croatia out.
latest

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
After another look at the sale i still don't see anything i would want to buy now and play in near future. There are few games i would like to buy like Dying Light but because i am cheap bastard price is too high XD

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Keep playing. The beginning (first 2 hours) is one of the weakest I ever encountered in a game but it gets better.

Hope so, I'm just in Alexandria now and I'm required to level up another 4 levels to do the 3rd story quest.
This is silly. The last time I seen this much story quest gating was bloody Saints Row 2.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Hope so, I'm just in Alexandria now and I'm required to level up another 4 levels to do the 3rd story quest.
This is silly. The last time I seen this much story quest gating was bloody Saints Row 2.

Do it like I did when I played AC: Origins. Do almost every side-quest for 20-30 hours and then when you're burned out and max-level rush through the main story.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Do it like I did when I played AC: Origins. Do almost every side-quest for 20-30 hours and then when you're burned out and max-level rush through the main story.

Oh god that sounds insufferable.

It's early hours admittedly but god I hope it picks up quick.
AC games have always been packed with too much stuff as is, grinding towards the story quests was hardly what was needed.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Oh god that sounds insufferable.

It's early hours admittedly but god I hope it picks up quick.
AC games have always been packed with too much stuff as is, grinding towards the story quests was hardly what was needed.
Except very first Assassin's Creed game, I'm playing it right now and there's 0.00% side-quest except those stupid flags that nobody force you to collect.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Is shadow of war worth it for sub-20$ if i liked the first one well enough ? how essential is the gold/season pass shit ?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
You can do the whole vpn to redeem key thing for the European version of Crash Bandicoot that's on cdkeys right?

Yes.
Log close out steam entirely.
Turn on VPN.
Use Idle Master, SAM, Archie Farm to idle the game (that way steam thinks you ran it).

Exit all the way back out. Turn off VPN. You can play it as regular now.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
That dosent answere my question if its actually worth it ...
So if someone with experience with the title care to chip in with their opinion , it would be much appreciated .

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Give me.... .... 10 hours and I'll be able to report back.

I got the silver edition with the extra orc tribes because variety is good. Mordor's story DLC was horrible so the gold version doesn't seem worth it. (The user reviews are hella negative for all of the DLC & Season Pass stuff, actually.)

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Is shadow of war worth it for sub-20$ if i liked the first one well enough ? how essential is the gold/season pass shit ?
if you liked the first, you'll like War.
the DLCs aren't bad, but certainly not worth their price. I'd even argue the only solid one is the blades of galadriel, because of how funny the orcs are in it.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished The Last of Us and its DLC on PS4 for the first time and it left me hungry for some more RE4 style gameplay. I'm probably getting The Evil Within 2 which I think will satisfy that hunger, I just need to order internet for my new apartment so I can actually download it lol.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that means alot of orc dialogue !

Shadow of War has it's issues, but lack of orc dialogue isn't one of them. :P

I just finished The Last of Us and its DLC on PS4 for the first time and it left me hungry for some more RE4 style gameplay. I'm probably getting The Evil Within 2 which I think will satisfy that hunger, I just need to order internet for my new apartment so I can actually download it lol.

Evil Within 2 is definitely not a bad choice for that purpose.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Tomb Raider 13 worth $3?

also for the EU4 players here, what's the verdict on Cradle of Civilization?

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
The Evil Within 2 is an excellent choice as a follow-up if you are looking for more of something similar.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I figured. I got some serious TLOU vibes playing the first game with its bottle throwing based stealth.

Important question: Does TEW2 have a quick turn? And does it behave exactly like RE4?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, Dark Souls Prepare to Die is getting stuck at launch regardless if it's vanilla or dsfix. And I've played it on this PC before.

Status
Not open for further replies.