• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you expect from E3?

• Everything was loot crates

Votes: 63 10.0%
  • Everything was randomly generated maps

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • Everything was class based

Votes: 23 3.7%
  • Everything was F2P

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Everything was battle royale

Votes: 493 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
This FFXV fishing system is nonsense. I can't catch a single one! I just wanna feed this darn cat. I keep putting my bait right in front of the fish, reeling slowly, reeling quickly, stopping, they always lose interest. How aggrivating

Arminsc

Oct 26, 2017
This FFXV fishing system is nonsense. I can't catch a single one! I just wanna feed this darn cat. I keep putting my bait right in front of the fish, reeling slowly, reeling quickly, stopping, they always lose interest. How aggrivating
I've been playing FFXV too, and that's the first and last time I did the fishing thing for the same reason, not sure if we're doing something worng, but it feels random if the fish bites or not :/

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing FFXV too, and that's the first and last time I did the fishing thing for the same reason, not sure if we're doing something worng, but it feels random if the fish bites or not :/

Literally just caught one lol.

Seems the trick is to drop it right in front of a fish, let the lure sit there, then to pull it quickly one way, wait, then to the other. Patience pays off. You'd think the game would explain that beyond, "reel in at different speeds."

Arminsc

Oct 26, 2017
Literally just caught one lol.

Seems the trick is to drop it right in front of a fish, let the lure sit there, then to pull it quickly one way, wait, then to the other. Patience pays off. You'd think the game would explain that beyond, "reel in at different speeds."
Yeah, the tutorial just lists the mechanics of it, but not much else, and it gets tricky. Still, I don't have the patience to go fishing in games in general, but I wanted to feed the cat!

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So basically to buy anything on steam I have to call my bank and (ask) let them know the near exact amount of what I am going to spend on Steam. Steam is a high risk site, who would have guessed!

Worst part is wallet money can't be used in combination with CC for me for some odd reason. Probably because there are numbers after the decimal as here we don't go below zero - just up.

=/

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Never had a problem with it, it's a very easy mini-game. For big and special fishes you need opgraded equipments, but to catch the first fish...no.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
So basically to buy anything on steam I have to call my bank and (ask) let them know the near exact amount of what I am going to spend on Steam. Steam is a high risk site, who would have guessed!

Worst part is wallet money can't be used in combination with CC for me for some odd reason. Probably because there are numbers after the decimal as here we don't go below zero - just up.

=/

Boo. I'm assuming you're aware, but just in case you're not - CDKeys sell Steam Wallet codes, and they convert into your local currency, so if they're not on your bank's high risk list, it's a good way to go. Only downside is that the minimum wallet code amount is £10.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
You cannot be safe: your subscription lasts till November, so it is even possible that a game released in May appears in one of your Monthly bundles. Your safest bet would be to buy a game which was released in the past two weeks. You could also only purchase games sold for less than, say, 7€ during sales, since they are unlikely to be included in a Monthly bundle.

Typically, these two are risky bets imo:

Is there some sort of spreadsheet somewhere outlining the relationship between Steam and Monthlies?

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but:

ctrrearcover9ysdr.jpg

That sucks, as should Activision goes through with the remake, it'll be a PS4 exclusive.

also up to 93 copies gifted of yakuza now,

aiming for the magic 100 then my work is done :D

and they cycle begins again with kiwami

Wow, LOL

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but:

ctrrearcover9ysdr.jpg
Shouldn't stop them from making a Crash racing game that plays like CTR though.

MRORANGE
I'll try to send you my recommendations by Next Friday at the latest. I only have 1 write up made at least but I'll aim to send it to you.

Do we have a subtitle for July OT yet? Only game I can remember releasing then are the Megaman X Collections. One silly subtitle I thought up
|OT| WHAT AM I IDLING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
For anyone who has the Mummy Demastered
I have the game on GOG but I am concerned that it might not have gotten the same update that Steam and other versions got months ago (the Feb. update).
Does anyone know how I could identify if my copy of the game is the latest version of the game? Looking at the game's 'Details' tab shows that it is File ver. 5.5.3.38239
Is this the latest ver. of the game in the Steam version?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Havent bought anything from the Steam Summer sale yet.

Did try out the salien game and it was okay lol

I kinda prefer that one game from a few years ago.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to check in on Chasm. You may not remember it, but it's that Metroidvania that got Kickstarted 5 or so years ago.

It looks like it's finally done. They're now trying to figure out the best time to release it. Expect a release date soon:

850f33605bb8148b4f77c70711803d3dca050d95.gif
f7a8a8efc339e1196bbcc1713f0dbc050a865f76.gif

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I got Firewatch for a gift and i started playing it. It is really relaxing game and so fire i like it a lot. Also Firewatch will be 30th game i will finish this year (i hope that i will finish it xD)

Tayls

Oct 27, 2017
So what's so good about Yakuza compared to things like Sleeping Dogs? I'm thinking about buying it as well as my friend who loves Sleeping Dogs, but he is even less sure that he will like it. And I'm already juggling stuff in my steam basket to keep my wallet from suffering too much.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
So what's so good about Yakuza compared to things like Sleeping Dogs? I'm thinking about buying it as well as my friend who loves Sleeping Dogs, but he is even less sure that he will like it. And I'm already juggling stuff in my steam basket to keep my wallet from suffering too much.

I wouldn't really compare it to SD because there are no cars in Yakuza or typical open world nonsense in yakuza.
It's more comparable to JRPG's, but with 3D-Brawler combat.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I wouldn't really compare it to SD because there are no cars in Yakuza or typical open world nonsense in yakuza.
It's more comparable to JRPG's, but with 3D-Brawler combat.
Just to add, Yakuza games start VERY slow,, but once they open up, you'll be spending hours upon hours doing the side content and mini games that the slow start doesn't seem a big deal, esp. in future replays when you can skip dialog/scenes.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Titanfall 2 seems made with Steam Controller in mind, so obviously EA will never ever release it on Steam.

Oct 27, 2017
I finally bought The Division, which I'll try to start playing this weekend.
I just noticed they have monthly events that unlock exclusive rewards for the game and the upcoming sequel.
For this month, it's these:
  • Shepherd - Unlock the Base of Operations
  • Avenger - Eliminate 10 Named bosses in Manhattan, 10 in the Dark Zone, and 10 in West Side Piers
  • Deadeye - Complete all weekly High Value Targets
  • Hazard - Clear 25 landmarks in the Dark Zone
Is any of these doable, quickly, for someone who is about to start the game, and doesn't have much time available for the rest of the month?
Any tips?

thanks

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Damn, Wikipedia has just deleted the page which I use to analyse Humble Monthly content. I should have parsed the info from isthereanydeal.com in the first place.

h9g44Es.png

qRcmQOH.png

Might as well delete the whole Wikipedia until someone creates a machine to go back in time.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Wikipedia has just deleted the page which I use to analyse Humble Monthly content. I should have parsed the info from isthereanydeal.com in the first place.

h9g44Es.png

qRcmQOH.png

Might as well delete the whole Wikipedia until someone creates a machine to go back in time.
I'm sure Google still has it archived. Might try WayBackMachine if Google already cleared it's cache.

EDIT:
This seems to be the last snapshot:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170821063219/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Humble_Bundles
So, August 2017. Would just have to find all the Humble Bundles in the last year then.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I'm sure Google still has it archived. Might try WayBackMachine if Google already cleared it's cache.

EDIT:
This seems to be the last snapshot:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170821063219/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Humble_Bundles
So, August 2017. Would just have to find all the Humble Bundles in the last year then.

It is okay because I still have the data archived till May 2018 Early Unlocks:
https://github.com/woctezuma/humble-monthly/blob/master/data/wiki_humble_monthly.txt

However, I was in the process of parsing the data for May, June, and July Early Unlocks, when the page disappeared. It seems the data which was put on Wikipedia cannot be retrieved. It is not a big deal, just a tad annoying to see the data disappear just like that. The people who had filled the page with info have basically wasted their time.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017

Almost sounds like whoever removed the page is bitter about missing some bundle since "couldn't go back in time and buy it anyway so what's the point".

For what it's worth, I used that page if not monthly, then at least multiple times a year. It was very useful and I wish similar page existed for all popular bundles. Well, at least internet survives a bit longer now that the page is no longer polluting pipes and taking space.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I've Deathgarden closed beta and this game is CRAP. One of the worst online experiences I've ever played, gameplay loop is so repetitive and boring, I'm not sure what's the point of all this and why would anyone bother.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Aaaand that is Firewatch done. I enjoyed playing it. It is really relaxing 3-4 hours with beautiful visuals and amazing voice acting. I just hope that their new game will be a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.